IGNORED

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath 2

DaisyD

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

oh good grief. Several questions:

1. Are they trying to recruit newbies or keep the current sheep?

2. How much money does it take to have channel on Direct TV?

3 Will it be available to regular subscribers of Direct TV or is it in one of the bonus packages? 

Lastly, What the hell? 

• Upvote 7

I can't answer any of your questions, quivers, but here is my take on it.

It's for those who are IN sci in order to make them think things are hunky-dory. 

It's going to backfire on them because those who are curious about sci are going to go looking on the internet...tsk tsk tsk...lots of negative stuff on there!

Like everything else they do, this isn't going to further their cause at all. Just another foot-bullet for the cause.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

oh good grief. Several questions:

1. Are they trying to recruit newbies or keep the current sheep?

2. How much money does it take to have channel on Direct TV?

3 Will it be available to regular subscribers of Direct TV or is it in one of the bonus packages? 

Lastly, What the hell? 

I'm curious if it will be on the bonus packages on DirecTV. I have it and will be checking my TV tomorrow evening. It's listed as launching at 8 pm est. A channel number hasn't been mentioned. I'm thinking it might grouped in the religious section of DTV's lineup.

1 hour ago, Inky said:

I can't answer any of your questions, quivers, but here is my take on it.

It's for those who are IN sci in order to make them think things are hunky-dory. 

It's going to backfire on them because those who are curious about sci are going to go looking on the internet...tsk tsk tsk...lots of negative stuff on there!

Like everything else they do, this isn't going to further their cause at all. Just another foot-bullet for the cause.

I agree, it's going to backfire. There is too much info on the Internet about Scienotology's abuses and other crimes. Also, Leah Remini's show got a lot of people interested in COS and also the Going Clear book and HBO documentary opened up people to the fact that COS is a cult and not some trendy thing that just celebs do.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I'm curious if it will be on the bonus packages on DirecTV. I have it and will be checking my TV tomorrow evening. It's listed as launching at 8 pm est. A channel number hasn't been mentioned. I'm thinking it might grouped in the religious section of DTV's lineup.

I agree, it's going to backfire. There is too much info on the Internet about Scienotology's abuses and other crimes. Also, Leah Remini's show got a lot of people interested in COS and also the Going Clear book and HBO documentary opened up people to the fact that COS is a cult and not some trendy thing that just celebs do.

I am up (dang insomnia) and just saw the commercial for the new channel so I had to log on here! I was shocked to see this. It's channel 320 for those that are curious.

Edited by moochies
Grammar is important
  • Upvote 3

This is one time I'm glad I have Dish. CO$ hasn't sunk its nasty claws in there, so there isn't any chance I'd manage to run across it when I channel surf.

• Upvote 2

I just heard about the new channel on the Today Show. It's it to try and draw people into their church or to calm down fears that it's not a cult. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

It seems like quite a risk to me, to put stuff out there 24/7

Agree with @lilwriter85.   People will immediately decide to google "Scientology" and get the real scoop. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Folks interested in Scientology-watching should follow journalist Tony Ortega's blog The Underground Bunker. He's been researching and writing about the Co$ for years, and is well-connected to the former-Sci community. He often turns to them for insight and commentary about the latest news, as well as publishing otherwise-unreported stories.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Folks interested in Scientology-watching should follow journalist Tony Ortega's blog The Underground Bunker. He's been researching and writing about the Co$ for years, and is well-connected to the former-Sci community. He often turns to them for insight and commentary about the latest news, as well as publishing otherwise-unreported stories.

He's prolific too.  He usually has a substantial post almost every day.  Be careful if you google, though. Tony is TonyOretega.ORG  Many iterations of Tony's name or Underground Bunker return to, you guessed it, sly Co$ anti-Uderground Bunker propaganda sites.  I finally bookmarked his page, because I kept making mistakes trying to get to it.  

• Upvote 4

ID is airing a Vanity Fair Confidential l episode on Shelley Miscaviage's disappearance. It already started at 8 pm est. There is an encore airing at 11 pm est.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 3/12/2018 at 2:06 PM, Howl said:

He's prolific too.  He usually has a substantial post almost every day.  Be careful if you google, though. Tony is TonyOretega.ORG  Many iterations of Tony's name or Underground Bunker return to, you guessed it, sly Co$ anti-Uderground Bunker propaganda sites.  I finally bookmarked his page, because I kept making mistakes trying to get to it.  

Very good points - thanks! I have his site in my Feedly app, but yeah, folks who don't have the site otherwise bookmarked should be aware that it's .org!

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, lilwriter85 said:

ID is airing a Vanity Fair Confidential l episode on Shelley Miscaviage's disappearance. It already started at 8 pm est. There is an encore airing at 11 pm est.

I missed it the first time around and found it airing on Saturday night on ID.  DVR is set to record that and other Vanity Fair Confidential episodes.  Really hope this leads to freedom for Shelley. I truly hope it leads to prison for David Miscavage and other Co$ enablers of evil. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

You beat me to it, @quiversR4hunting:kitty-wink:  But here's another post about it, from the Underground Bunker.

https://tonyortega.org/2018/03/15/what-do-you-want-to-see-in-leah-reminis-third-season-of-scientology-and-the-aftermath/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 3/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, scoutsadie said:

Got to love Tony and the Underground Bunker.

So Season 3 is still focused on $cientology and they are asking for ideas.  The comments are very interesting on that post.  Some of the best ones are:

• Looking at the abuse of the R-1 Visa for Temporary Non-immigrant Religious Workers (apparently the cult applies for way too many, and foreign nationals get stuck in the US at the mercy of the "church.")
  • Looking at medical malfeasance and practicing medicine without a license.  People are saying in the comments that they were denied seizure meds and insulin, but that is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Looking at the disappearances.  Shelley Miscavidge is fairly well known but there are others.

I don't know whether this last one is feasible for an A&E TV show but I really agree with it:

• Investigating the LAPD for corruption and $cientology influence.  The LAPD has killed too many cases and "lost" too many case files for them not to have been infiltrated, IMO.

I also would like to hear more stories about recovery from the cult programming.  What works, what doesn't, and what traps does $cientology lay for those survivors looking for help and good therapists. 

• Upvote 6

Yes, I enjoyed reading the different ideas. I think the first one could be useful at holding the church responsible legally for those abuses. (The visas) Isn't it illegal to take someones passport and hold it?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!  Look what just came though my mail slot!

scienoshit.jpg

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

Hey guys!  Look what just came though my mail slot!

scienoshit.jpg

So are you going to turn in and give us a recap?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

The only thing fj related that Mr. D is even remotely interested in is the Scientology stuff. This article had us cracking the fuck up.

As a side note, there's been ads for this network on comedy central every morning. They always end with "curious?". I almost always reply out loud with "Nope".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DaisyD said:

The only thing fj related that Mr. D is even remotely interested in is the Scientology stuff. This article had us cracking the fuck up.

As a side note, there's been ads for this network on comedy central every morning. They always end with "curious?". I almost always reply out loud with "Nope".

This is where my indoctrination shows, because my kneejerk response to that prompt would be "...is a fluffy bunny."

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

This is where my indoctrination shows, because my kneejerk response to that prompt would be "...is a fluffy bunny."

You need to help build our cult over on the Nog thread!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic