IGNORED

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath 2

DaisyD

On 1/13/2018 at 10:06 PM, Inky said:

I'm not so sure I'd find it as interesting as going after scientology.

You might be surprised.  There are some very weird and equally destructive cults out there.  They are just not quite as famous as $cientology.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I was wondering if Leah or Mike would come out and say thing about Paul Haggis. They have released a statement

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/scientology-series-co-hosts-leah-remini-mike-rinder-defend-paul-haggis-amid-sexual-misconduct-claims/ar-AAuJrak?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

They are defending him to say that the reports are from anonymous accusers and Mike and Leah want more proof before they believe these accusations are true and not made up by CO$

My MIL gave me Troublmaker for Christmas. I am half done :) A lot of it she has talked about on the series but there are other stories. I am at the point of the book where Suri was born and Tom goes off on staff in his house. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

They are defending him to say that the reports are from anonymous accusers and Mike and Leah want more proof before they believe these accusations are true and not made up by CO$

I think that's fair given the Scientology involvement.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Rachel333 said:

I just saw that she is going to be investigating other cult-like religions.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/leah-remini-returning-to-ae-to-investigate-other-cult-like-religions/

Now that I know about Gwen Shamblin, I wonder if Leah can go after her! :)

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Rachel333 said:

I think that's fair given the Scientology involvement.

New tabloid blog out saying that the accusations against Paul Haggis are made up by CO$ http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/01/25/exclusive-oscar-winner-paul-haggis-suffers-retribution-two-former-scientologists-say-they-were-pressured-to-help-frame-him-with-women

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

If made up, Scientology would be showing they know no bounds. To manipulate the #MeToo movement like this would be atrocious.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 3

I don't think scientology knows any bounds. It's right in Hubbards writings - go after anyone, do anything to ruin them if they are negative to sci. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

21 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

If made up, Scientology would be showing they know no bounds. To manipulate the #MeToo movement like this would be atrocious.

I don't think they do have any bounds in their own thinking.

• Upvote 4

Well, it's not called "fair gaming" for no reason. Anything and everything is fair game to ruin a person. The ultimate goal of "operation freakout" was yo get an author to commit suicide. 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

Well, it's not called "fair gaming" for no reason. Anything and everything is fair game to ruin a person. The ultimate goal of "operation freakout" was yo get an author to commit suicide. 

This is one of the reasons I watch cults. I can't get my brain around how a "religion*" gets people to think that suicide or ruining a person or abandoning a person or abusing a person is ok. And then the next step, getting the followers to help in the acts to get someone to commit suicide, have a breakdown, ruin their life or abuse them.

*CO$ isn't the only one in this group. Many others we watch on here are doing some or all these practices.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, FundieFarmer said:

I think, unlike "operation freakout", that if this is proven to be CO$ made up, it will be very close to a kill shot for CO$. Unlike the campaigns in the 1970s and later, the publicity around CO$ was limited to certain areas. With Leah's show and the internet the issues with CO$ is more apparent. And if Paul Haggis is innocent, then I am sure he will not stay silent, he has already spoken up several times and I bet he won't stop showing the evil of the church of scientology.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I think, unlike "operation freakout", that if this is proven to be CO$ made up, it will be very close to a kill shot for CO$. 

I certainly wish it would, but sci has managed to dodge so many "kill shots" already, that I just don't think it will be enough. When north Americans stop joining, they simply import people from other countries using religious visas (or whatever the term is), and carry on as usual. I truly don't believe it will be gone until the U.S., Canada and other nations revoke the tax exempt status and STOP referring to this organization as a religion.

I really thought that when the information went out about COS forcing sea org women into having abortions against their will, that the anti-abortionists and right-to-lifers  would rise up and cause such a stink that something major would happen. I don't think they uttered a peep. 

• Upvote 5

Anyone else catch that Co$ paid for a commercial during the Superbowl yesterday? I was watching with my family, and nearly lost my shit when I saw it. I'm guessing it's the church casually throwing $5mil at the "Leah Remini PR problem".

Blech. My little sister is going to college next year in the Tampa-St Pete's area and I've already warned her multiple time to steer clear of any free personality tests she may stumble upon.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Anyone else catch that Co$ paid for a commercial during the Superbowl yesterday? I was watching with my family, and nearly lost my shit when I saw it. I'm guessing it's the church casually throwing $5mil at the "Leah Remini PR problem".

Blech. My little sister is going to college next year in the Tampa-St Pete's area and I've already warned her multiple time to steer clear of any free personality tests she may stumble upon.

I didn't but we had about 30 seconds of dead air where a commercial should have been, so now I am really curious what didn't get shown! I don't think my area is a high marketing area for CO$ so I would be surprised if it was supposed to be the CO$ commercial.

For those that missed the commercial (like me) Here it is:

https://hellogiggles.com/news/wait-scientology-commercial-just-saw-2018-super-bowl/

IMO- best commercial was the dirty dancing touch down dance. I love the movie dirty dancing! I love that dance and really wish I could learn it just to feel like Baby. :)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ours blacked out something for 30 seconds as well, but a Scientology ad aired in the post-game. We were stunned when we saw it.  Do you think Co$  paid for 2 spots?

We liked the Jack in the Box commercial with Martha Steward "what are you going to do, tuck me in to bed and read me a cookbook?!?!"

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I liked those, but the Jeep commercial after the somewhat insulting Dodge commercial was pretty good. Mr and I are just wondering if they knew. Dodge and Jeep are both owned by the same mother company. My hope is that Jeep people heard about it and just went "no". I didn't see the Co$ one though.

• Upvote 2

There is a podcast I rather enjoy called Oh, No Ross & Carrie where a pair of skeptic atheists attend groups and churches and seminars of things that make claims of the paranormal or weird health claims - just all kinds of things not supported by the current science. Last year they did a multi-part investigation where they infiltrated Scientology. It is a must-listen.

Mike Rinder did an interview on one of their follow-up episodes, and he got a lot of mileage out of saying not a whole heck of a lot. He did have a fascinating habit of emphasizing his points by banging on the desk of wherever he was doing his call-in from. He still gives me a little bit of the wiggins. Especially when he cries. Yes, I'm sure he feels bad. But not as bad as all the people who were his targets for something like 30 years did.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

He still gives me a little bit of the wiggins. Especially when he cries. Yes, I'm sure he feels bad. But not as bad as all the people who were his targets for something like 30 years did.

I get that. I just try to remember that he was completely brainwashed. He believed that what he was doing was to save the planet.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, DaisyD said:

I get that. I just try to remember that he was completely brainwashed. He believed that what he was doing was to save the planet.

I love ONRaC and their nine-part series on $¢i was my first exposure to the podcast. 

I just listened to their recent interview with Mike. Yes, he did a lot of damage through the church, but I think he owns it/takes responsibility for it, and does a lot of sincere good now.

Edited by scoutsadie
clarification
  • Upvote 5

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Jencendiary said:

There is a podcast I rather enjoy called Oh, No Ross & Carrie where a pair of skeptic atheists attend groups and churches and seminars of things that make claims of the paranormal or weird health claims - just all kinds of things not supported by the current science. Last year they did a multi-part investigation where they infiltrated Scientology. It is a must-listen.

Thank you! I started listening to this at work. I am on part 4 - Dienetics class with all the CO$ plants. Oh my!

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic