IGNORED

Anna, Josh, and the M-Kids, Part 10: Genes and Bedsheets

choralcrusader8613

Oh definitely, I have little doubts of their faith. I was just stating that there are religions out there that share similar views so it's not necessarily the key componenet that they're quiverfull. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe People are still giving an admitted child molester positive press. 

Well yes, I can, but still...

I'm guessing Matthew, Mason, or Malachi. Maybe Martin or Miles as wildcards.

2 hours ago, viii said:

Not necessarily. There are other religions out there that frown upon birth control as well. 

JB & Michelle are Gothardites. They are quiverfull. Period.

Not all the adult Duggar children appear to be Gothardites. Whether or not any are truly quiverfull? I can't say for sure. Josh & Anna (or at least Anna) really seem to be IMO. That arrow wall hanging is a pretty clear signal to me.

Quiverfull isn't merely forgoing birth control. The "leaving it up to god" line is BS.  ACTIVELY charting a woman's cycle and timing sex to when she is most fertile goes beyond "putting it in god's hands." Nothing wrong with using NFP to try to conceive but it is disingenuous to act like it's the same as saying whatever happens happens. The quiverfull movement is about TRYING to have as many children as possible in order to create an army for god which will out-populate the world with Christians. That is the agenda. I think this is a distinguishing factor when comparing to many other religions that frown on birth control.

Looking at the pictures from Marcus's birthday:

Spoiler

marcusBirthday.png.aa20ab7273f029c50204cf6250632795.png

And this older one where Josh and TFDW are reno-ing the siloam springs house from before Josh went to Jesus jail:

Spoiler

silomsprings.thumb.jpg.c645941b5ea03a99cde9a79295db90f1.jpg

I think it's pretty clear that the Smuggars are living in the siloam springs house.

I've often thought that if they were "leaving the number of kids they had up to God," then you could get your tubes tied after a couple kids and if God wanted you to have another child you would become miraculously pregnant and could have that child.

2 hours ago, viii said:

Oh definitely, I have little doubts of their faith. I was just stating that there are religions out there that share similar views so it's not necessarily the key componenet that they're quiverfull. 

The key component to what? Mechelle was still trying to have a baby after her and Josie both damn near died. And they had nineteen kids already. Who the fuck has nineteen children in present-day America? Quiverfull folks, that's who. Creating an army for Jesus to win the culture wars they are engaged in.

Mechelle certainly didn't have all those babies because she wanted them. Hell, she had a nervous breakdown with less than half that many.

Boob and Mechelle lie like rugs. They know Quiverfull isn't exactly popular, so no, they are not going to directly fess up. They were never shown at Gothard HQ in Oakbrook either.

24 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Looking at the pictures from Marcus's birthday:

And this older one where Josh and TFDW are reno-ing the siloam springs house from before Josh went to Jesus jail:

I think it's pretty clear that the Smuggars are living in the siloam springs house.

Yep, you're right. That's definitely where they are living. 

I put in my 2 cents in for Max as it was my grandfather's name.

22 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I put in my 2 cents in for Max as it was my grandfather's name.

It's my cat's name. :kitty-shifty:

I'll go with Matthew. I expect it to be a pretty common name.

Mason is a "hot" name in my real life circles. I know of three of the. Born in the past four months:  2 boys, 1 girl. 

It will be interesting to see how religious they get with the name of their redemption baby. I could go way out there:  Mephibosheth, Melchizedek, or Methuselah.

The first two, especially, would be the Biblical equivalent of Spurgeon. Yes, I know, wrong family.

Even if they don't consider themselves quiverfull they still admit to supporting and practicing the majority (all) the the ideas behind the movement so close enough for me. I can claim "I'm skinny" till the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact that I'm forty pounds overweight. 

I do have to throw it out there that I have many friends that have done similar decorations that don't even want kids. Seems like a lot of people are using arrows for decoration lately. I'm assuming that Anna just got lucky and this trend happens to fit their beliefs, but could totally see them trying to pass the arrows off as nothing more than trendy decor. 

There is a guy who plays for the San Francisco Giants whose first name is Madison; so it can be a male name.  :P  My guess is that they probably won't go with that one. 

Madison was originally a male name. It means son of Maud. 

I prefer it boys, because of the "son of" meaning. 

And there's a dog. Poor thing. No Duggar should be allowed within 500 feet of an animal. 

AMEN! I hope Bubba the dog ran off with the bitch next door and has his own quiver. [emoji240]

Hmm. Wonder if the Duggars spay or neuter their animals. Do they have as many offspring as God sends.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived