IGNORED

CNN publishes opinion piece saying to call white supremacist violence terrorism

47of74

Just saw this on CNN.

cnn.com/2017/03/26/opinions/white-supremacy-is-terrorism-ifill-opinion/index.html

This week a 28-year-old white supremacist traveled to New York for the express purpose of killing a black man. Any black man.

Within hours, Timothy Caughman, a black man from Queens, stumbled to a midtown police station bleeding. He had been stabbed, ultimately fatally, with a 26-inch sword. "What are you doing?" Caughman had asked his assailant.

James Harris Jackson gave police officers his answer: He hates black men and has since his youth. His plan was to kill more people than Caughman. He considered taking an officers' gun and shooting more black men.

The tragic killing of Timothy Caughman is a heinous hate crime. It is also an act of domestic terrorism. And it matters that we begin to name white supremacist murders in this way.

As goddamn well they should. 

About time! We have this problem in the UK too, no one is willing to say that the EDL, SDL, BNP and Britain First are also terrorists.

58 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

About time! We have this problem in the UK too, no one is willing to say that the EDL, SDL, BNP and Britain First are also terrorists.

Yes, I unfriend anyone on Facebook who shares anything related to any of these groups. I've noticed it more since Brexit. Many of them have never worked and blame it on foreign people stealing their jobs when it's down to them being lazy.

We stayed in this one hotel in Biggleswade in Bedfordshire back in 2003.  They had a really offensive poster up that was very anti-immigrant.  it was the worst hotel I ever stayed in and that was part of the reason.

Domestic terrorism...plain and simple. I don't tolerate hate speech on my social media accounts.

13 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Domestic terrorism...plain and simple. I don't tolerate hate speech on my social media accounts.

Yeah, my asshole tolerance - which was never high to begin with - got even lower after the Fucking Orange Tapeworm conned his way in to the White House.  As such my twitter and FB block lists have grown quite a bit over the past few months.

On 3/28/2017 at 6:32 AM, RosyDaisy said:

My FB block list has certainly grown since Cheeto Hitler bought and manipulated his way to the Presidency. That's because I don't tolerate hate speech at all. If I hadn't cut off contact with that asshole uncle of mine after my grandma died, I certainly would have last year because he was the type who supports that type of hate.

Archived