IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

@PainfullyAware that's what I was trying to express, but I think the wine impaired my ability! For me personally, a high carb diet (whole grain, fruits, whatever) would lead me straight to diabetes. I'm careful and I still more likely than not will get it. I blame that one night so long ago with Wilfred... 

Edit- I'm trying to fix the pic so it wasn't so big... hmm 

IMG_1633.PNG

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that cutting out bread was a good decision for me. I'll still eat pizza about once a week, and a few crackers or cookies, but no toast, no bread with meals, no cereal, no cake, pie, etc. I was getting what I can only assume to have been huge blood sugar spikes and crashes every day, and this insane hunger in the evenings where I just could not. stop. eating. After I cut way down on bread/wheat, that went away. My goal is to cut out wheat completely, but I've found that very slowly and gradually modifying my diet works best for me. I seem to have no issue with fruit, and I love bananas and will eat a banana almost every day!

Am I the only one who eats what she wants and doesn't care about anything at all? I feel so weird. :lol: 

I have to admit, I don't have the healthiest relationship with food. I'm also a terrible hypochondriac, so I tend to overestimate how harmful the things I'm eating are. I still do think that I eat way too much junk food. But on the flip side, my main meals are pretty healthy. I don't drink pop. I eat red meat maybe once a week when I have a pepperoni pizza. I never eat cheese, even on my pizza (I know, I'm sick). No butter except on occasion when I make a big buttery bowl of popcorn, like I'm about to go do now. My vices are chocolate and kettle chips. I'm trying to find a way to simultaneously eat healthier and relax about what I eat, if that makes sense.

47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I have to admit, I don't have the healthiest relationship with food. I'm also a terrible hypochondriac, so I tend to overestimate how harmful the things I'm eating are. I still do think that I eat way too much junk food. But on the flip side, my main meals are pretty healthy. I don't drink pop. I eat red meat maybe once a week when I have a pepperoni pizza. I never eat cheese, even on my pizza (I know, I'm sick). No butter except on occasion when I make a big buttery bowl of popcorn, like I'm about to go do now. My vices are chocolate and kettle chips. I'm trying to find a way to simultaneously eat healthier and relax about what I eat, if that makes sense.

I totally understand what you mean about eating healthier while relaxing about what you eat. If I say a food is "bad" then that makes me feel guilty eating it. And then I end up eating way too much of it because I feel like "Well if I've already eaten this bad thing might as well eat as much as I can...".

I'm working on reducing the amount of chemicals in the foods I eat.. trying to be as natural as possible. I try to make sure I can read all the ingredients on the label. Do I want a bowl of mac and cheese? Yes... and I get Annies mac and cheese. What about butter? Kerrygold butter. I try to eat healthier in my house...

But if we go out to eat, I'm not gonna order a salad just to be healthier. If they have good salads then maybe i will. 

The only drinks I consume for the most part are coffee, water, and my pre workout. 

3 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I'm working on reducing the amount of chemicals in the foods I eat.. trying to be as natural as possible. I try to make sure I can read all the ingredients on the label. Do I want a bowl of mac and cheese? Yes... and I get Annies mac and cheese. What about butter? Kerrygold butter. I try to eat healthier in my house...

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but all the food you eat is made up of chemicals. ;) 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but all the food you eat is made up of chemicals. ;) 

Spoken exactly like my husband... I had a feeling someone would make that comment lol. Yeah yeah, everything is made of chemicals but there are somethings that your body shouldn't consume. Like why do they need to add food coloring to everyday food just to make it look better? 

I  try to eat foods as close to the form we find them in nature - and I don't stress about the rest. I do count macros which I feel like helps me eat the right portions and not feeling deprived.

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm h20 intolerant. 

I'm sure this is not true at all and social media can of course be misleading, but based on Jessa's Instagram alone it kind of seems like she is more smitten with Spurgeon than with Henry. 

How could she not be smitten with this little guy? I don't know if she has preferences or Spurgeon is just so damn cute and Henry is still at the "not doing anything really interesting stage." 

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

How could she not be smitten with this little guy? I dn't know if she has preferences or Spurgeon is just so damn cute and Henry is still at the "not doing anything really interesting stage." 

He is adorable! But remember - she was posting a ton of videos and pictures of him even when he was at the "not doing anything really interesting stage." 

30 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

He is adorable! But remember - she was posting a ton of videos and pictures of him even when he was at the "not doing anything really interesting stage." 

He was the only one then. It will be interesting to see if she favours one but I think it's very up in the air after not even two months of both. 

I wouldn't read too much into it if she ends up posting way fewer pictures/videos of Henry. That's usually how it goes with the second kid. 

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

True, but even now she alternates pictures of both. A few days ago, she posted one of Henry with funny faces. Now she posts two of Spurgeon. Ever since they were born, they seem to have a similar amount of pictures on her account.

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

I'm sure this is not true at all and social media can of course be misleading, but based on Jessa's Instagram alone it kind of seems like she is more smitten with Spurgeon than with Henry. 

I'm not really seeing that. She's got plenty of pictures of both of them on there. Seems fairly equal. There are more videos of Spurgeon, but that's probably because Henry really doesn't do much besides sleep and nurse at this point. Meanwhile Spurgeon's at that age where he's probably always doing something adorable.

24 minutes ago, ginger135 said:

True, but even now she alternates pictures of both. A few days ago, she posted one of Henry with funny faces. Now she posts two of Spurgeon. Ever since they were born, they seem to have a similar amount of pictures on her account.

Just now, VineHeart137 said:

I'm not really seeing that. She's got plenty of pictures of both of them on there. Seems fairly equal. There are more videos of Spurgeon, but that's probably because Henry really doesn't do much besides sleep and nurse at this point. Meanwhile Spurgeon's at that age where he's probably always doing something adorable.

I started to think I was crazy, so I went to her Instagram and counted. Just to give you guys the stats:

-Spurgeon has been featured on social media about 50% more than Henry has since Henry was born. This is not counting Insta-story, which disappears after 24 hours but has never featured Henry (only Spurgeon). 

-Spurgeon was also featured on social media about twice as much in the first two months of his life as Henry was in the first two months of his life.

But like I said, I doubt it means anything. I'm sure there are other factors that play in, like only-child status and what's more interesting to drum up her likes/followers. It's just something I've noticed. 

I mean that's a phenomenon commonly seen with second kids. There's a million photos of the first kid and less of the second kid. It's been that way since the beginning of home photography. I won't hold Jessa's Instagram feed against her in that respect. It's her beliefs I find repugnant, not the treatment of her kids.

Since Henry's birth, there are four photos only featuring Henry, four photos only featuring Spurgeon (two of which are from today), multiple photos of them both together, and then several videos of just Spurgeon, none of Henry, which like I said, is probably because Henry doesn't do anything worth recording and posting at this point and Spurgeon does. Also, like others have mentioned, second child syndrome.

Also, I try not to gush over any of these fundie kids too much, but those photos of Spurgeon from today are just ughhh. So cute. Why must they raise their beautiful children in a cult??

The 1st kid, I did monthly pics the first two years. The 2nd kid, I did monthly pics the first 6ish months, then I think hit 9m and 12m and of course holiday. With the 3rd kid, people ask how old she is and I'm like "she's ONE, people. I'm not a mathematician." 

55 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I started to think I was crazy, so I went to her Instagram and counted. Just to give you guys the stats:

-Spurgeon has been featured on social media about 50% more than Henry has since Henry was born. This is not counting Insta-story, which disappears after 24 hours but has never featured Henry (only Spurgeon). 

-Spurgeon was also featured on social media about twice as much in the first two months of his life as Henry was in the first two months of his life.

But like I said, I doubt it means anything. I'm sure there are other factors that play in, like only-child status and what's more interesting to drum up her likes/followers. It's just something I've noticed. 

Or, in a complete twist, she secretly favors Henry and doesn't post as much about him to protect his privacy.

:violence-bomb:

Mind. Blown. :pb_lol:

But seriously. I don't see cause for concern. If she ever flat out stated she had a favorite then that would be messed up. But havung a few more Spurgeon focused posts? Relatively normal.

I don't have a favorite child at all but my husband and I both have stages of childhood we handle better. I adore the newborn-8ish month phase, but the phase where they start throwing little tantrums and can't express themselves and you can't have a conversation yet to tell them why hurling themselves off the staircase is a bad idea- that wears on me. He LOVES that phase. But once they hit about 2 and start talking back and arguing, he gets frustrated. I think it's kind of funny. We tag team. So far it has worked but we are starting to see puberty signs with the oldest and we are going to Rock Paper Scissors that one. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived