IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

In Seewald news: Jessa got a speaking engagement to have lunch and tell other women how to be fashionably modest. The conference also kindly remembered the men in this scenario and are banning them and infants/children younger than 9, because we can't have  men or children scared by Knees!: The Horror Movie.

Spurgeon is sporting some awesome curls, and Henry makes funny faces on Instagram. Other than that, everything seems to be the same old, same old in Seewaldville.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Previous thread here:

In Seewald news: Jessa got a speaking engagement to have lunch and tell other women how to be fashionably modest. The conference also kindly remembered the men in this scenario and are banning them and infants/children younger than 9, because we can't have  men or children scared by Knees!: The Horror Movie.

Spurgeon is sporting some awesome curls, and Henry makes funny faces on Instagram. Other than that, everything seems to be the same old, same old in Seewaldville.

Oh, good.  I suppose this means we'll see more fundie women in skin tight shirts.  So very fashionable, especially when the world knows what one's belly button looks like.  

ed2d96af553b7af8b810ba052216c45a.jpg
From Jessa's tagged pictures on Instagram. Spurgeon makes me giggle! [emoji7]

I love that it's a "meet and great" with Jessa.  SOTDRT strikes again.  Always check spelling at least twice before posting. 

32 minutes ago, JMO said:

I love that it's a "meet and great" with Jessa.  SOTDRT strikes again.  Always check spelling at least twice before posting. 

I could totally understand calling it a meet and grate.  Jessa and Bin grate on my nerves, so this title would be accurate.  

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Sounds like something I would do.  I worked for a company creating input screens for databases. One of the fields was for the result of some tests or something.  I sent it on to my boss for review and she came into my office laughing.  Had I named the field "Result"? No. It was Reslut.  So let that be a lesson to you boys and girls.  Double check your spelling.

3 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I could totally understand calling it a meet and grate.  Jessa and Bin grate on my nerves, so this title would be accurate.  

What a grate idea. << see what I did there 

I can't stand Bin. At first, Jessa seemed really irritable with Ben, and I thought she was going to be a frigid, abusive wife that emasculates her vapid husband. Still might. He looks like he has to check with her for approval before he speaks. 

Every dysfunctional family has their roles and those roles shift at times. Now that Jill has fallen from hero to scapegoat, Jessa is stepping up into the hero role, with her perfect fundie appearance, fundie husband, and fundie themed kids. Binessa seem to have fallen into sync together as a shiny, happy, fundie, hate mongering couple, and they have a following.

Jessa has about the same, or more, followers on Instagram than Counting On has viewers. I think Bin is genuinely fundie, but he's also Jessa's puppet and he's going to give her whatever appearance she demands. These two are going to be on the fundie circuit for a long time. They are heavy Kool-Aid drinkers.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So no Ben? 

I would assume, as did others, that an exception would be made for Ben and the kiddies. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Now that Jill has fallen from hero to scapegoat

Wait, when and why did Jill become a scapegoat, and for what?

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So no Ben? 

Oh, he'll be there. Count on it. Jessa can't travel without the baby or her two toddlers. Now, if he's allowed ONSTAGE, that'll be something else (and who would babysit the kids)? Kidding! 

However, I'm sure he'll be backstage and will be brought out for the leghumpers to slobber over. 

Just now, marmalade said:

Oh, he'll be there. Count on it. Jessa can't travel without the baby or her two toddlers. Now, if he's allowed ONSTAGE, that'll be something else (and who would babysit the kids)? Kidding! 

However, I'm sure he'll be backstage and will be brought out for the leghumpers to slobber over. 

The last time she spoke at some woman's conference he was right there next to her on stage the entire time.

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wait, when and why did Jill become a scapegoat, and for what?

She just fits the textbook description now. It wasn't any one specific thing. I'll try to find a good link with the dynamics and roles of dysfunctional families, since I can't copy and paste my entire textbook. 

ETA: It sounds worse than it is. I wish there was another title. Scapegoat lite? Lol - Missionary type, jealous, feels inadequate. Not every scapegoat is an over the top Josh type. 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

ed2d96af553b7af8b810ba052216c45a.jpg
From Jessa's tagged pictures on Instagram. Spurgeon makes me giggle! emoji7.png

Oh I just can't stand it!  Those curls. Those toes.  That grin.  So sweet I think I'm getting diabetes.   Please ignore my use of the word "sweet".  It sounds so fundy.

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

The last time she spoke at some woman's conference he was right there next to her on stage the entire time.

Yeah but I think she was pregnant with Spurgeon. Ben will need to be in the shadows now. Then he and the kids will be trotted out. ;) 

7 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

From Jessica Seewald's Facebook. Is that Spurge and Wilbur behind her "healthy meal"?

FB_IMG_1490663599574.jpg

Peanut butter and banana are okay.  Now I wish I had a banana in the house.

Those Synergy drinks are GOOD, too. At least to me. I like the yeasty/beery kombucha flavor though. I know it turns off a lot of people.My favorite flavor is called "Guava Goddess," though. Don't know if that's fundie-approved. :D

10 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

Those Synergy drinks are GOOD, too. At least to me. I like the yeasty/beery kombucha flavor though. I know it turns off a lot of people.My favorite flavor is called "Guava Goddess," though. Don't know if that's fundie-approved. :D

Hmm, I probably wouldn't like them then since I'm not a beer fan. I just realized that kombucha is probably the closest thing that Jessa will get when it comes to beer, or alcohol in general. Are the Seewalds anti-alcohol too, or do they just choose not to drink it? 

Spurge must be a hot blooded little guy. Ben is wearing long pants and socks and Henry is all bundled up and Spurge is just having a good ole time in only a diaper. My oldest was like that...wanted to be naked all the time regardless of the temperature. In fact, he is still like that.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived