IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

On 3/27/2017 at 3:51 PM, jerkit said:

Honestly, Rufus may have been the only "real" moment of last season. It's very rare that the Duggarettes appear to give a shit about ANYTHING genuinely. Usually their excitement/caring about things is so put on. The fact that Jinger had memories associated with the deer head was silly, but I felt like it was genuine. 

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was catching up on this thread, and I agree that there has hardly been any "real" moments on this entire last season. It seems that almost everything is forced and there hardly is a conversation that goes by without everyone being stiff and awkward. 

When I was watching the episodes about Jinger's wedding, I noticed that even the scenes where JinJer are exiting the church appear to be staged. In the scene where they covered josh with the glare,  Jeremy puts Jinger in the front and they drive off together. But in the honeymoon episode, during the recap about the wedding, JinJer are in the backseat together and they have a driver when they are leaving their wedding. I know it's a tiny detail, but if they can't even do something as simple as exit their wedding without needing multiple takes, it makes me wonder just how much of the show is scripted. 

(Also sorry about how bad the gifs are, these are the first ones I've made, and I haven't quite figured out how to do them well)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy_(1).gif

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Well, they also have been on the same channel as Long Island Medium (talking to spirits), Sister Wives (Mormons), Say Yes to the Dress (NIKE), and Jon & Kate Plus Eight (Jon DEFINITELY wasn't the headship in that family, divorce, fertility treatments technically aren't allowing God to decide your family), and Who Do You Think You Are? (quality programming). If they had moral issues with the channel they're on, they should have piped up a long time ago. But kiddults don't raise themselves

Wasn't there at least on Extra Special Say Yes To The Dress/ Duggar cross-over?

23 hours ago, smuggalert said:

Jeremy puts Jinger in the front and they drive off together. But in the honeymoon episode, during the recap about the wedding, JinJer are in the backseat together and they have a driver when they are leaving their wedding.

wow...

On 3/27/2017 at 3:07 PM, Georgiana said:

I see you people did not heed the warning given to us in the last thread!  May I remind you:

2017-03-16 14_35_39-easter island - Google Search.png

I woke up in a daze to my teething son this week and I kid you not, my first thought was "hmmm, idolatry." Then I had a weird dream last night about some weird version of the movie Hook, and the lost boys were about to have dinner and everything in the forest they lived in came alive. Then these little tiki dudes came out to dance. Again "hmmm, idolatry" entered my head. 

I think the lesson here is don't read FJ and eat brownies before bed. ***They're not even pot brownies, just lactation brownies. 

Whoa. Why in the world would they leave two different ways? What would they be trying to change? That is so weird!

On 3/29/2017 at 9:35 PM, smuggalert said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was catching up on this thread, and I agree that there has hardly been any "real" moments on this entire last season. It seems that almost everything is forced and there hardly is a conversation that goes by without everyone being stiff and awkward. 

When I was watching the episodes about Jinger's wedding, I noticed that even the scenes where JinJer are exiting the church appear to be staged. In the scene where they covered josh with the glare,  Jeremy puts Jinger in the front and they drive off together. But in the honeymoon episode, during the recap about the wedding, JinJer are in the backseat together and they have a driver when they are leaving their wedding. I know it's a tiny detail, but if they can't even do something as simple as exit their wedding without needing multiple takes, it makes me wonder just how much of the show is scripted. 

(Also sorry about how bad the gifs are, these are the first ones I've made, and I haven't quite figured out how to do them well)

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

giphy_(1).gif

They need to hire you as a Script Supervisor, they are in charge of continuity in a production.  Great gifs too!

Was the reception in the same location as the ceremony? One could be departing the church and one departing the reception.

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Was the reception in the same location as the ceremony? One could be departing the church and one departing the reception.

That was my first thought too.  Because otherwise?  Damn.

17 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That's what I thought at first but the exterior of the building and the porticos are exactly the same. 

Random thought. I think we know that Gil talked talked to JB before they started their own show.  (I'm pretty sure he said that.) But, do you think they still discuss their relative shows and contracts? 

On 3/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, Palimpsest said:

Shit, Kate Plus Eight is coming back. 

The only thing in that line up that tempts me is Trading Spaces - but only if they bring Hildi back to staple fake flowers to bathroom walls, super glue cardboard to ceilings, and spread hay in the bedrooms of people with allergies.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Ugh, Kate. Who watches that biotch anyway? They can can Little People Big World too.

I loved Trading Spaces. I would have killed Hilde with her design mess. I remember her using sand as a floor, and hay as a wall covering. Terrible. Vern Yip was the best, he cared about what the homeowner wanted plus he had good taste. One really funny moment was when the reveal uncovered a brown room, and the homeowner was explicit that she hated brown. She was so angry that she jumped on the neighbor! 

On 3/30/2017 at 9:12 PM, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Wasn't there at least on Extra Special Say Yes To The Dress/ Duggar cross-over?

Yes. They took a decent and fairly flattering strapless dress and Duggared it all up with some sort of wrinkly satin tshirt added in.

Besides the NIKE dresses on SYTTD, they've also featured lesbian couples, and recently a transgender bride as well. TLC isn't exactly cutting-edge progressive, but the Duggars are the ones who are out of place, even there.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:07 PM, fluffernutter said:

Whoa. Why in the world would they leave two different ways? What would they be trying to change? That is so weird!

Is it possible Smuggar is the one driving?

I can't tell from the quickness of the gif. 

ETA: Smuggar driving in the 2nd gif that is (in the 1st one he's the big ole glare o'shame).

On 3/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, formergothardite said:

I"m a terrible convert. I missed the origin story. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

:o It's the entire reason WHY they have 19 kids, so they can give us road kill to worship!!!  lmao

WORK IT, arrows! This is truly the gift of Rufus.

On 3/29/2017 at 7:35 PM, smuggalert said:

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Hide contents

giphy_(1).gif

HAAAAAAA. That's hilarious. This is petty of me, but... I'm snickering at the "GROOM" arrow sign because 1) that's not the groom that's the driver you SINNING LIARS, 2) Jinger is on that side of the car so I hope her gender is doing okay

This gifset would be even better if it was Rufus driving the Fundie Freedom car
one can dream

(Also, welcome to FJ!)

Isn't Jennifer the one in the awkward happy birthday video with her mom as well?

The one where she looks like she's in a proof of life video?

I'm not sure which Birthday one you mean SamiKatz but probably lol. If there's a young female Duggar looking totally over it/annoyed/sad/pissed off basically anything but joyful, my money's on it being Jennifer.

I truly hope she has some outlets for joy in her life. For all her faults, Jill clearly is thought highly of by this little girl. I hope they've kept some sort of bond despite the distance.

I think the birthday one was Jordyn.  She had a "who is this woman" look on her face when she stood next to Michelle.

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I don't like Inquisitr but this article summarized it well and has the Counting On snippet video. Jenni Duggar FTW in the most awesome Duggar category...

http://www.inquisitr.com/4123933/jinger-duggars-wedding-was-the-most-strangest-in-the-world-according-to-jennifer-duggar/

They got Justin and Jackson mixed up. Jackson is the only one I know for sure, because he's a month younger than my grandson.

The only reason that possibly could make sense for this seat swapping I can imagine is: maybe jeremy was not able to drive the car or use the gear stick because jingers wedding dress was too fluffy. Maybe they had a good laugh, chose someone else who would not end up being a sunshine glare afterwards as driver, changed seats and drove away. 

They would not choose smuggar as driver, would they? He was not allowed standing in the background but he is allowed to drive the wedding car??? But hey, these are the Duggars, everything is possible.

Or it was really bad planning. 

11 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I don't like Inquisitr but this article summarized it well and has the Counting On snippet video. Jenni Duggar FTW in the most awesome Duggar category...

http://www.inquisitr.com/4123933/jinger-duggars-wedding-was-the-most-strangest-in-the-world-according-to-jennifer-duggar/

YES at least someone in that family thought Josie's light up crown was weird.

Run, Jenni, run! Run to public school and then college and I'll help you fill out your applications to veterinary school! If nothing else, there are a few distance education/online Vet Tech programs (associate degree level) that are fully accredited. She'd have to leave the house to work with a vet and to fulfill school requirements but please Duggars let her at least do that when she's old enough if she still wants to work with animals. Let the kid have some joy in her life.

14 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

LOL! Jenni is over the whole fucking thing.  She may be my new favorite Duggar.

Why did Josie need a NICU nurse at Jinger's wedding?

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Why did Josie need a NICU nurse at Jinger's wedding?

That seems to be one of the mysteries of the Duggar universe. It was like this bizarre tangent randomly inserted into the middle of the wedding special, with no real reason or purpose, no explanation, no narrative and no conclusion. It would have made more sense if they did an episode featuring Josie's birthday party and had the nurse show up. Doing it at Jinger's wedding just seemed weird and totally pointless.

I have just started watching the 4 seasons of Counting On lately. I have had 2 miscarriages in the last few months and while soothing myself on the couch, it has made for some mindless entertainment. It also makes me feel worse about my seemingly lack of ability to carry children since all these people seem to do is smile for maternity photo shoots. Anyway, I have two major questions so far.

Why are Ben and Jessa so obsessed with the idea of adoption? They mention it every time their sweet and precious gift from God faces are on screen, it seems. It just seems odd and random for some reason. Then I realized that one possible explanation is that kids are one of the only "hobbies" fundies are allowed to show interest in. I'm not sure that is the reason but the whole thing puzzles me. 

Anna speaking about how Josh has trashed their marriage and her heart really hurts me. That is nothing new. A question came to my mind though. Do you believe that any of the Duggars will ever go through a divorce? Is there any situation that they would deem divorce-worthy? The way Anna was saying that she vowed before God to be with Josh until death was made me wonder if she has a breaking point at all? 

Man I love Jenni. I really hope she and Jordyn team up and leave the TTH at the same time when they are young adults and go off to community college, live in their own apartment, and get a job.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived