IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, aprilmay said:

who is rufus?

The stuffed deer head Jinger took with her to TX.

Wait, that story wasn't just made up? There is a real deer head involved? Shit I need to go search to read about this! 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Wait, that story wasn't just made up? There is a real deer head involved? Shit I need to go search to read about this! 

If I remember correctly, Jinger was on her way to someone's birth and hit a deer. She just happened to be friends with a taxidermist and had the head mounted. She took this head to Loredo when they moved all her stuff there. She seemed happy to take her deer head. 

At this point I think we need to pin a full description of the Rufus back story for everyone who missed the original thread.  All Hail Rufus.  

Oh, and jinger was driving to Spurgie's birth. 

:moose: 

I wonder how the Duggars feel about the new home design show on TLC starring Nate Berkus  and his husband Jeremy Brent and featuring their baby daughter, Poppy.  In one promo for the show, there's a shot of Poppy getting a kiss from her two dads.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

At this point I think we need to pin a full description of the Rufus back story for everyone who missed the original thread.  All Hail Rufus.  

Oh, and jinger was driving to Spurgie's birth. 

:moose: 

Absolutely. We need an official origin-myth for Our Savior of Roadkill. @Carm_88, you said you have a folklore degree? 

At this point, they're lucky TLC even keeps them around.  I'm sure they're praying for Nate and his husband and grinning and bearing the fact that they're now part of the TLC family.  I don't think they're in a position to tell TLC that they don't want to be on the same network as those heathen, sinning gays.   

Boy, the"Meet  the Putnams" sounds like a family after the Duggars's hearts. 25 people and 2 bathrooms!

8 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Boy, the"Meet  the Putnams" sounds like a family after the Duggars's hearts. 25 people and 2 bathrooms!

They did a single episode of the Putnams this year.  We have a thread somewhere - perhaps QoS.  The family sounds bananas and the Dad a controlling ass.  Shit, Kate Plus Eight is coming back. That show needed mothballing years ago.  Poor Collin.

The only thing in that line up that tempts me is Trading Spaces - but only if they bring Hildi back to staple fake flowers to bathroom walls, super glue cardboard to ceilings, and spread hay in the bedrooms of people with allergies.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

staple fake flowers to bathroom walls, super glue cardboard to ceilings, and spread hay in the bedrooms of people with allergies.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I remember one where they dumped sand in room to make it have a more realistic beach feel. Those shows were way more entertaining than the Duggars and Kate Plus 8.

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Absolutely. We need an official origin-myth for Our Savior of Roadkill. @Carm_88, you said you have a folklore degree? 

OMG yes! With lots of "Lo" & "verily" & "thou" etc. And begats. Can we have some begats?
Also the 10 Commandments of Rufus. 

Sigh. Putnams. That's just over an hour from here. There's been a crap ton of local coverage. I wish they'd shut up about it. Between that and the Keilens living 30 minutes away, this is turning into FUNDIE TERRITORY

35 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

this is turning into FUNDIE TERRITORY

Are the Putnams Fundie or just Fucked Up? 

I found the beginning of the Rufus story.  It's about half way down the page.   We had quite the flight of ideas and conspiracy theories here on FJ.

@singsingsing had the best posts in that thread.  And the conspiracy theory starts to heat up around page 12 for those who are skimming.  

11 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Many moons ago, on a chilly day just past the time of the harvest, a young lady anxiously prepared for the birth of a nephew, the first child of a beloved sister. Little did she know her life was about to change forever. She hopped into a magical chariot to take her to the dwelling to see the child. The night was dark and she could not see very well, she strained her eyes as not to stray from the path. Suddenly, she heard a thumping sound and exited the chariot. It was there she found a glowing buck, greviously injured and she began to cry. "Fear not." said the Buck "For I am Rufus, saviour of his world and though, my spirit may leave this earthly form, I shall always be a part of you." The girl continued to weep before moving closer to Rufus, she sat next to him, uncertain of what to do. Rufus said then in a booming voice “Rufus blesses you child and in the coming year, thou shall leave thy father’s house and move to the house of another. This man will be a preacher, thus you will spread the news of me, the bible of Rufus. Letting the world know that I am the protector. I shalt protect the message boards from trolls, bless the mods and grant them peace to deal with the many messes, and above all else, I am the only one who can Free Jinger.”  The girl listened and listened, feeling that much time had passed, before calling her family and telling them what had happened. They would not listen to what Rufus had told her but agreed to mount the head of the Great Buck. Rufus’ prophecies came to pass and that young girl has taken him with her, to the land of Texas, where she spreads the word of Rufus.

ETA: All in fun, not meant to make fun of anyone's beliefs. :) 

46 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Are the Putnams Fundie or just Fucked Up? 

I've heard they're a little of both. They say they're just super close and love being together but I know a few people in that area who say they're fairly religious. I'm not entirely sure what their brand of religion is though. 

i think we need to start a drinking game...everyone :whitewine: every time someone asks 'who's rufus?'

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The only thing in that line up that tempts me is Trading Spaces - but only if they bring Hildi back to staple fake flowers to bathroom walls, super glue cardboard to ceilings, and spread hay in the bedrooms of people with allergies.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

And paint her giant face on someone's wall. 

No mention of the Duggars in this TLC press release either: https://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/tlc-upfront-2017-18/

"TLC Upfront 2017-18

TLC Announces an Aggressive Upfront Slate with 120 More Hours of Original Programming Including the Return of TRADING SPACES...

TLC has long been the home for loveable families.  Fan favorites returning to share more life changes and milestones are THE LITTLE COUPLE, KATE PLUS 8, the Busbys of OUTDAUGHTERED, LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD, SISTER WIVES and many more.  The network welcomes to the family HAIR GODDESS (working title), a show about a working-class family in Staten Island who are building an empire.  A BABY STORY LIVE will return for its second year, following expecting mothers through their final weeks of pregnancy culminating with a broadcast of the births on Facebook Live... "

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

A BABY STORY LIVE will return for its second year, following expecting mothers through their final weeks of pregnancy culminating with a broadcast of the births on Facebook Live... "

If I was on facebook and saw one of my friends giving birth.... um, no. Wtf tlc

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder how the Duggars feel about the new home design show on TLC starring Nate Berkus  and his husband Jeremy Brent and featuring their baby daughter, Poppy.  In one promo for the show, there's a shot of Poppy getting a kiss from her two dads.  

Well, they also have been on the same channel as Long Island Medium (talking to spirits), Sister Wives (Mormons), Say Yes to the Dress (NIKE), and Jon & Kate Plus Eight (Jon DEFINITELY wasn't the headship in that family, divorce, fertility treatments technically aren't allowing God to decide your family), and Who Do You Think You Are? (quality programming). If they had moral issues with the channel they're on, they should have piped up a long time ago. But kiddults don't raise themselves

16 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

If I was on facebook and saw one of my friends giving birth.... um, no. Wtf tlc

Agreed. TLC is really outTLCing itself on that one.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Many moons ago, on a chilly day just past the time of the harvest, a young lady anxiously prepared for the birth of a nephew, the first child of a beloved sister. Little did she know her life was about to change forever. She hopped into a magical chariot to take her to the dwelling to see the child. The night was dark and she could not see very well, she strained her eyes as not to stray from the path. Suddenly, she heard a thumping sound and exited the chariot. It was there she found a glowing buck, greviously injured and she began to cry. "Fear not." said the Buck "For I am Rufus, saviour of his world and though, my spirit may leave this earthly form, I shall always be a part of you." The girl continued to weep before moving closer to Rufus, she sat next to him, uncertain of what to do. Rufus said then in a booming voice “Rufus blesses you child and in the coming year, thou shall leave thy father’s house and move to the house of another. This man will be a preacher, thus you will spread the news of me, the bible of Rufus. Letting the world know that I am the protector. I shalt protect the message boards from trolls, bless the mods and grant them peace to deal with the many messes, and above all else, I am the only one who can Free Jinger.”  The girl listened and listened, feeling that much time had passed, before calling her family and telling them what had happened. They would not listen to what Rufus had told her but agreed to mount the head of the Great Buck. Rufus’ prophecies came to pass and that young girl has taken him with her, to the land of Texas, where she spreads the word of Rufus.

ETA: All in fun, not meant to make fun of anyone's beliefs. :) 

This totally made my day!  Love it!  :tw_grin:

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

No mention of the Duggars in this TLC press release either: https://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/tlc-upfront-2017-18/

"TLC Upfront 2017-18

TLC Announces an Aggressive Upfront Slate with 120 More Hours of Original Programming Including the Return of TRADING SPACES...

TLC has long been the home for loveable families.  Fan favorites returning to share more life changes and milestones are THE LITTLE COUPLE, KATE PLUS 8, the Busbys of OUTDAUGHTERED, LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD, SISTER WIVES and many more.  The network welcomes to the family HAIR GODDESS (working title), a show about a working-class family in Staten Island who are building an empire.  A BABY STORY LIVE will return for its second year, following expecting mothers through their final weeks of pregnancy culminating with a broadcast of the births on Facebook Live... "

Lovable families?!?! What drugs are TPTB at TLC on???

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived