IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 6: All Hail Rufus

Destiny

On 3/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Carm_88 said:

Hahah yes Jinger hit him with her car when she was driving to Spurgeon's birth. She had his head mounted and carried it to Laredo with her. 

Mr. One Kid and I ran over a deer last fall. When I say "we"  I mean he was doing the driving, i was doing the screaming. The car made it through with out much of a scratch.  Mrs. Deer?  She was hit again by a car coming the other way. She had a really bad day.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about Rufus and Jinger.  I remember my first reaction when we learned of it was rolling my eyes because I think of deer heads in apartment decor as part of the ironic hipster dive bar style.

Thinking more on it, it is probably one of the only things Jinger has ever owned individually.    This is a girl that had to dress out of the family closet, wearing secondhand clothes and shoes that could also suit her older and larger sisters.  When she was packing to leave, her possesions fit in a few plastic boxes.   

The deer head was hers without question, and she was probably allowed to keep it because it gave the Duggars another story to tell on TV.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:52 PM, SamiKatz said:

Isn't Jennifer the one in the awkward happy birthday video with her mom as well?

The one where she looks like she's in a proof of life video?

Jenni pretty much always looks like she's 1000% done with everyone around her. I love her for it.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jenni pretty much always looks like she's 1000% done with everyone around her. I love her for it.

I would seriously love for them to have one eye-rolling, mouthy, could give two shits teenager. But unfortunately I guess that wouldn't bode well for Jenni. I can't imagine what they would do to keep her in line.

I wonder how active Bobchell is with their youngest children though. By the time the youngest become teenagers, the elder Suckggars might not care. 

20 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I wonder how active Bobchell is with their youngest children though. By the time the youngest become teenagers, the elder Suckggars might not care. 

Even less active then they were with the older ones, they stopped even pretending to parent any of the kids about 7 years ago, the lost girls really got the shaft as they had all but given up by the time Jordyn was 1. 

15 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Even less active then they were with the older ones, they stopped even pretending to parent any of the kids about 7 years ago, the lost girls really got the shaft as they had all but given up by the time Jordyn was 1. 

It was Jordyn that she fed peas to on the couch, lying down, as JB lifted weights over her head right? 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It was Jordyn that she fed peas to on the couch, lying down, as JB lifted weights over her head right? 

Wait.  I'd heard about the peas thing, but there were free weights involved as well?  How responsible.  If Mama doesn't choke you, Daddy might drop a weight on your head.  Then Michelle would have to have all the kids gather around to film...  Oh yeah, there was already a camera crew there.  

9 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Wait.  I'd heard about the peas thing, but there were free weights involved as well?  How responsible.  If Mama doesn't choke you, Daddy might drop a weight on your head.  Then Michelle would have to have all the kids gather around to film...  Oh yeah, there was already a camera crew there.  

I believe so. Someone else might remember better than I. I think that was all the same time. 

I see TLC is now taking suggestions for what would make their show less deathly boring.

Has anyone suggested more dentist appointments??

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 3.12.14 PM.png

Also:

On 2017-04-07 at 0:09 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

LOL! Jenni is over the whole fucking thing.  She may be my new favorite Duggar.

Jenni is my spirit animal. That's why she's my avatar.

Yes, please show how you blanket train babies and beat your children with a rod. Anyway, I thought this was Counting On, not JB and M. 

1 hour ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I see TLC is now taking suggestions for what would make their show less deathly boring.

Has anyone suggested more dentist appointments??

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 3.12.14 PM.png

This was posted by Lily and Ellie's blog, not TLC or the Duggars. 

16 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I am aware, but they're friends with the Duggars & they've always been generally on the same page. 

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

If you could observe one aspect of the Duggars' lives, what would you choose?  Meal preparation?  Homeschooling?  Discipline/correction?  Family Bible time?  Field trips?  Wedding/event planning?  Or maybe something else?  Share your responses as a comment below.

Meal preparation?  They do meals?  I thought they all grazed most of the time, and when they 'cook', they just open cans of food or reheat frozen meals.  Pass.

Homeschooling?  No.  Watching bored kids fill out workbooks that are years behind their ages, or stare at computer screens doesn't excite me.

Discipline/correction?  Yeah, show us the blanket training if you still care enough or have the energy to do it.  Otherwise, watching the younger bunch wander around while the older kids occasionally try to contain them, we've already seen it.  Except for the times Michelle wakes from her stupor to yell at someone for not catering to Miracle Josie, and she doesn't even do much of that anymore.

Family Bible time?  Might be interesting if JB goes off on one of his things, like how King James took time off from ruling his country to write the King James Bible.

Field trips?  Pretty sure we see all of them, and they're lame.  No one is learning anything, they're just trying to remember what they're supposed to say for the cameras.

Wedding/event planning?  Aren't you torturing the audience enough as it is?

Or maybe something else?  Why yes, that would be nice.  Set up cameras and microphones in all areas of the house except for the bedrooms and bathrooms and get everything on tape 24/7.  Let's see what you're like when you're not 'filming' or have a script to follow.  

I predict massive eye rolls from the kids every time JB&M say something.  Side eyes to Josie when/if she acts like a special snowflake.  The Lost Girls exhibiting massive resentment when they can't be seen by family members.  

Tyler looking like he's caught in a web of crazy.  

Jana and JD conferring on what to do because the parents are off in their own little world again.  

JB on the phone with TLC trying to get more face time.  

Michelle alternating between floating around in a haze or going ballistic over stuff.  

The howlers tearing around and expecting the girls to pick up after them, egging each other on to do stupid stuff, and telling each other mild dirty jokes.  

Kids alternating between covering for each other (I don't know who broke that) and running to JB to tell on each other.  

And I'd love to hear the family meetings before the next filming session.

@ Flossie

Family Bible time?  Might be interesting if JB goes off on one of his things, like how King James took time off from ruling his country to write the King James Bible.

Did he seriously say that?  I have not been watching enough obviously.  

Yeah, something else. Watching your sorry asses in prison for child neglect and a use.

32 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

@ Flossie

Family Bible time?  Might be interesting if JB goes off on one of his things, like how King James took time off from ruling his country to write the King James Bible.

If Jim Bob did say that it would have been funny and wrong as James was the first king to rule both England and Scotland, so was king of two countries. 

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

@ Flossie

Yeah, when they were in Scotland JB pointed out a castle and told the kids it was where King James wrote the Bible.  It's online somewhere, or maybe on the DVDs from their show.  Got a big laugh at the time.

11 hours ago, Flossie said:

Yeah, when they were in Scotland JB pointed out a castle and told the kids it was where King James wrote the Bible.  It's online somewhere, or maybe on the DVDs from their show.  Got a big laugh at the time.

Well that is encouraging in way.  A human wrote the bible, not the finger of God.

I'd like to see footage of what happened between JB and Josh on the day Ashley Madison came to light.

No?  Then how about some more scenes of the kids cleaning or unclogging one of their many toilets.  Its been awhile and I really miss it.

Runners-up:  Preparation of barbecue tuna sandwiches, walking through chicken shit with flip flops on, or JB fisting another cow.

31 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see footage of what happened between JB and Josh on the day Ashley Madison came to light.

No?  Then how about some more scenes of the kids cleaning or unclogging one of their many toilets.  Its been awhile and I really miss it.

Runners-up:  Preparation of barbecue tuna sandwiches, walking through chicken shit with flip flops on, or JB fisting another cow.

i would love to see footage of what happened between JB and Josh and Michelle when the whole ashley madison stuff came up. I would pay money to see that.. on a big theater screen. 

I want to see daily life between Josh and Anna or Josh and everyone else. He may be a slimy prick but it may be good tv. 

On 4/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Me too! I remember the "joy gets glasses" storyline and Jenni had to go with her. Joy tried to start a conversation by asking Jenni what kind of glasses Jenni would choose. Jenni replied "contacts". Just her tone of voice and the way she shut that down. I hope Jenni keeps that spark no matter what. I'm rooting for her. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived