IGNORED

Pecans in the Big Blue House - Priss & TFDW Part 5

choralcrusader8613

Antonio looks like he wants to punch a wall, just like anybody else would who had to fly next to TFDW.  

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

They wouldn't, it would offend their sensibilities. What about Popsicles? 

That thing offends MY sensibilities. And not because it looks like a penis.

16 hours ago, catlady said:

The sheer fact that you did this makes you my hero.:grin:

I was shocked me mentioned bananas that much! Jill's banana bread for the people of El Salvador and the phrase "banana republic" appeared a lot. :pb_biggrin:

1 hour ago, December said:

What, you don't look forward to receiving the Gospel from complete strangers whenever you take a flight? 

I feel awkward enough brushing against my airplane seatmate when I get up to stretch my legs. If they started talking to me about religion, I'd have to start praying it was a flight that served booze and lots of it. (And I'm not much of a drinker!)

I think I'd have to start taking heavy drugs if I had to be seated imprisoned next to TFDW on a flight. Poor Antonio.

If I was stuck on an overbooked flight while sitting next to Pecan, no one would have to drag me off. I would run to volunteer so fast everyone would think there were snakes on the plane. 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I was stuck on an overbooked flight while sitting next to Pecan, no one would have to drag me off. I would run to volunteer so fast everyone would think there were snakes on the plane. 

You beat me to that thought.

If I had to choose to sit next to Pecan, or being bloodily "re-accommodated"?  Thats a tough call.

8 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

I guess I'm off to the prayer closet, because looking at it I thought, "Banana, good. Cream, good. But I'd serve it with shredded lettuce."

Or those brown crispy chow mein noodles...

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Uh huh. Sure Davey. :2wankers:

Poor Antonio is cursing himself for leaving his Beats headphones at home.

For Antonio's sake, I hope it was a short flight.

Edited to add: I would LOVE to see Antonio's social media account of his flight and the overeager religious weirdo who sat next to him!

Priscilla and David look like they could be twins. The family picture actually confused me because I couldn't work out what had changed and who the baby boy that isn't Phillip was and why the grandparents looked different. Is she sure she isn't accidentally sleeping with her half brother and both sets of parents feel too awkward to tell them?

8 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Then again, I do remember growing up that we had our popsicles cut up in styrofoam cups at Bible camp because one of the elders thought the teenagers were being "too provocative and flirtatious" with them.

I

To the teenagers I know, that would be a challenge. 

Eat your cut up popsicles provocatively:dance:

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Uh huh. Sure Davey. :2wankers:

OMG....if I was on a plane and the person next to me tried to start a conversation like that, I'm pretty sure I'd make a scene by loudly sighing, deliberately turning my back to them (as much as one can in a tiny airline seat), and saying loud enough for the rows surrounding me, "This fucking asshole.  And of course I get stuck sitting next to someone like this."  

Davey looks happy.  Antonio does not.  I suspect the selfie didn't help matters.
#CanIGoHomeNow

Funny enough a commentor on Instagram also stated the man did not look pleased. There were also comments on the validity of his salvation. Once again reminding me there is always the sense you're not Christian enough or not doing things right in Jesus ' s eyes. Give me secular humanism where people are not in a constant state of am I pleasing a deity well enough.

15 hours ago, December said:

What, you don't look forward to receiving the Gospel from complete strangers whenever you take a flight? 

I feel awkward enough brushing against my airplane seatmate when I get up to stretch my legs. If they started talking to me about religion, I'd have to start praying it was a flight that served booze and lots of it. (And I'm not much of a drinker!)

People like Davey are the reason I board every flight wearing noise canceling headphones. I hate flying next to chatty people, especially when I'm flying for work

Just got off a flight. We prayed that God would prepare the person that we sat next to for the Gospel. 

Relentless!  

Is it just me or does Antonio look like he's done hard time?

A few years ago, there were some incidents of Orthodox men seated next to women on planes and demanding that the woman move her seat.      It made the news because the flight attendant went along instead of telling the man to find a new seat.  I wonder how it would play out if TFDW were seated next to one of these guys?  

A lady once asked if she could pray for my son - he'd had several episodes of night terrors on an overnight flight from LAX to Sydney - kicking, screaming, yelling obscenities, all while fast asleep. He was about 8, and it was the flight from hell.  When I apologised to the people around us, one man said it was ok, he was a special needs teacher and understood, and this lady asked if she could pray for him.  I was a bit taken aback but said yes, thankyou.  But to sit next to a stranger and start inflicting your religious beliefs on them?  Hell, no.

8 minutes ago, Karma said:

A lady once asked if she could pray for my son - he'd had several episodes of night terrors on an overnight flight from LAX to Sydney - kicking, screaming, yelling obscenities, all while fast asleep. He was about 8, and it was the flight from hell.  When I apologised to the people around us, one man said it was ok, he was a special needs teacher and understood, and this lady asked if she could pray for him.  I was a bit taken aback but said yes, thankyou.  But to sit next to a stranger and start inflicting your religious beliefs on them?  Hell, no.

So what is the point of asking if you can pray for someone? No one will ever know if you prayed for them or not. So why not just do it without asking? Is it just their way of showing people how godly they are?

Lol I was just glad she didn't yell at me about being kept awake all night.  I think it was just her way of showing support?  

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So what is the point of asking if you can pray for someone? No one will ever know if you prayed for them or not. So why not just do it without asking? Is it just their way of showing people how godly they are?

Most people ask if they can pray for others as a way of trying to offer comfort and support. Some are also wondering if there's something specific they can pray for. I wouldn't say it to a stranger, personally, but usually the people who say it are just trying to be helpful/kind in my experience.

1 hour ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Is it just me or does Antonio look like he's done hard time?

If I had to sit next to the next Proselytizing Pecan Thief on a flight, I too would look like I just walked out of San Quentin.

30 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Most people ask if they can pray for others as a way of trying to offer comfort and support. Some are also wondering if there's something specific they can pray for. I wouldn't say it to a stranger, personally, but usually the people who say it are just trying to be helpful/kind in my experience.

I get when people say, "you are in my thoughts and prayers." I just don't understand the asking part. Are people going to say no? I highly doubt it. I may be agnostic but if someone says I am in their thoughts and prayers, I'm not going to say, "don't you dare!" It really doesn't affect me personally if someone is thinking and praying about me. 

Some Christians believe that literally laying hands on someone and praying for them has significance. The woman had good motives, asked permission, and was showing support to a stressed out mom. I really don't think that incident is anything to snark about compared with David likely torturing Antonio. Yes, anyone can pray without someone knowing they are doing it. I would personally find it comforting to know someone cared enough about my child to pray for him in a situation like Karma described.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived