IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

I echo a lot of these sentiments. I really wish one (preferably one of the older guys) would join us here and shed some light on the family and answer questions like what are their long term goals?  Do they ever foresee having a family of their own, or moving out?  Or are they honestly perfectly content to share a room with their brothers and work and socialize almost entirely with family - forever? 

I have no doubt they know about this site and follow it, at least from time to time. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a person who really loves to sleep, and I've just never had as good a nights sleep on a twin bed or bunk bed as on a full bed.

so I'd just like to say to the Ardnt manboys, if you move out, you can have a much bigger, nicer bed. Bunk beds are fine for kids and vacations but seriously? Grow up, move out, and discover the wonder that is your own bed in your own room.

2 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I echo a lot of these sentiments. I really wish one (preferably one of the older guys) would join us here and shed some light on the family and answer questions like what are their long term goals?  Do they ever foresee having a family of their own, or moving out?  Or are they honestly perfectly content to share a room with their brothers and work and socialize almost entirely with family - forever? 

I have no doubt they know about this site and follow it, at least from time to time. 

Have you ever read the City-Data (I think it's C-D) discussion about the softball tournament that it seems an Arndt son posts in? People are wondering about what the fundraiser is about and then they discuss all the sons still being at home. A "random" defender enters to promote the tournament and it's pretty clear it's one of the family members.

It's a bit cringeworthy, especially if you have a soft spot for the Arndt sons, because people are pretty mean about the creep factor of their living situation.

I have been waiting for one of them to post here. Not necessarily as themselves, but pretending to be a random stranger who thinks it's just okey dokey to be living with all your brothers your entire adult life.

There's just so many of them, and they all seem to have unlimited internet access. I'm surprised none of them has decided to roll the dice late at night and dipped into the hive vagina.

@nausicaa I have seen that CD site, but didn't realize there were more pages until I went back to it just now! I always enjoy reading the local's perspectives, however many those were. "Wally" was a strange read. Then the post from a fan girl of Seth's, yikes lol. I too wish I lived close enough to attend the softball classic. I don't have any real desire to meet other fundies (though I would love to know what Jana Duggar is really like) but the Arndt family intrigues me beyond. Maybe it's the cultural anthropologist in me, but I feel like I must study this family! 

I find it really interesting when people meet the Duggar kids, particularly Jana and Joy, they say they're either extremely shy or come off as rude. I've heard people say Jana is real nice and kind but can give the impression that she doesn't enjoy meeting fans or taking pics. I personally can't blame her, especially knowing her reserved and shy personality. I'd be the same way. I've heard people say Joy is rude and sassy. 

If they were rapidly growing clones, it might help explain their attachment to home, placidness, superhero bedding, stuffed penguins, Lego projects, lack of apparent dates, etc.  

On 4/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, Suz8710 said:

@nausicaa I have seen that CD site, but didn't realize there were more pages until I went back to it just now! I always enjoy reading the local's perspectives, however many those were. "Wally" was a strange read. Then the post from a fan girl of Seth's, yikes lol. I too wish I lived close enough to attend the softball classic. I don't have any real desire to meet other fundies (though I would love to know what Jana Duggar is really like) but the Arndt family intrigues me beyond. Maybe it's the cultural anthropologist in me, but I feel like I must study this family! 

Well, you can certainly book a weekend with them to learn how to be "Safe at Home!". 

FamTeam Retreats. These gatherings, which are held on the Arndt family land in southwestern Illinois, offer visitors an opportunity to step away from the normal pace of everyday life in order to understand, in a new way, the love and truth of God, and to experience the sense of mutual support that is developed within a Christian community setting. The weekend events are hosted by members of the Arndt family, who, in addition to sharing with their guests their own insights and experiences, also enjoy the privilege of serving up home-cooked meals, lighting a late-night bonfire in the woods, or challenging their visitors to softball, touch football, and volleyball games!

I didn't realize that "Safe at Home" has two meanings. The first is the literal Arndt meaning, stay at home with Rick and Cathy and you're safe!  The other is the baseball meaning of "Safe at Home" home plate crossed safely and with a score for your team.  

There is another ministry called Safe at Home Ministries that's all about baseball: safeathomeministries.org/

Faith & Family Day with the Kansas City Royals – August 5, 2017

SDEA is heading back to Kansas City for our 6th season to conduct a Safe At Home event after a Faith and Family Game for the Kansas City Royals!  Here are the details:

• Date: Saturday Aug 5
  • Game Time: 6:15
  • Event Starts: Immediately after last out
  • Speaker: Scott Dawson
  • In Concert: Newsboys
  • Special Guest: KJ-52
  • Player Testimonies: To Be Announced

Lisa Pennington must wonder where she went wrong. The Arndt boys seem quite happy with their stuck at home situation. Granted they have been allowed to learn to drive, train for a job, travel and earn a living ( give money to Daddy). She must be really puzzled as to why her daughters are escaping .

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, you can certainly book a weekend with them to learn how to be "Safe at Home!". 

I didn't realize that "Safe at Home" has two meanings. The first is the literal Arndt meaning, stay at home with Rick and Cathy and you're safe!  The other is the baseball meaning of "Safe at Home" home plate crossed safely and with a score for your team.  

There is another ministry called Safe at Home Ministries that's all about baseball: safeathomeministries.org/

Faith & Family Day with the Kansas City Royals – August 5, 2017

SDEA is heading back to Kansas City for our 6th season to conduct a Safe At Home event after a Faith and Family Game for the Kansas City Royals!  Here are the details:

• Date: Saturday Aug 5
  • Game Time: 6:15
  • Event Starts: Immediately after last out
  • Speaker: Scott Dawson
  • In Concert: Newsboys
  • Special Guest: KJ-52
  • Player Testimonies: To Be Announced

What!! the!! heck!! (I'd be more to-the-point but it IS Good Friday.)

The booboo-head ROYALS??

Well, there you go -- Cards (and Cubs) fans in the St. Louis metro area have figured out the Arndt parents' schemes are just scams, and they've had to go to wannabe city to attempt to attract an audience for their 2-bit softball 'stravaganza. The Royals, indeed. 

Maybe the Maxhellions will wangle a set of free passes. This could be fun. 

Oh, also: Go Cards!

ETA:: Please disregard everything I wrote! I belatedly clicked on the link and realized the Royals' event is NOT an Arndt event! Blushing and laughing,

MJB, citizen of Cardinal Nation

These kidults are going to be so, so screwed when their parents die.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

These kidults are going to be so, so screwed when their parents die.

I wonder!  They are way more aware of how the world works than a lot of sheltered (cloistered, undereducated) young, for Brie the mainstream, just by virtue of their involvement  in the video biz and -- for the oldest ones -- the court reporting. 

Do you mean screwed financially? That, I could agree with. But emotionally, somehow I think they'll be okay -- after a possibly prolonged mourning period.  Interesting thoughts. 

16 hours ago, Howl said:

The weekend events are hosted by members of the Arndt family, who, in addition to sharing with their guests their own insights and experiences, also enjoy the privilege of serving up home-cooked meals, lighting a late-night bonfire in the woods, or challenging their visitors to softball, touch football, and volleyball games!

This sentence says that the Arndts' have the "privilege of ......."   Weird wording.

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I wonder!  They are way more aware of how the world works than a lot of sheltered (cloistered, undereducated) young, for Brie the mainstream, just by virtue of their involvement  in the video biz and -- for the oldest ones -- the court reporting. 

Do you mean screwed financially? That, I could agree with. But emotionally, somehow I think they'll be okay -- after a possibly prolonged mourning period.  Interesting thoughts. 

I think the older ones who have not been sheltered and are capable of earning a living in the world will have to look after the younger ones financially.  One of them will probably take over as the spiritual and financial head in Rick's absence. 

I'm not sure why, but when you get down to the ones in their mid- and late 20's now, they have been treated differently than the older sons. They have been much more sheltered and appear not to be in training for businesses beyond wedding photography and film editing.  Unless they can all work as photographers I don't know what the plans would be for them. A couple are clearly very handy (Hiya, James! :hammer:) but others are just gophers.  

Unless someone leaves and triggers an exodus, which seems to be less likely with each passing year, I can see them all living in the big house in 30, even 40 years. 

8 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Unless someone leaves and triggers an exodus, which seems to be less likely with each passing year, I can see them all living in the big house in 30, even 40 years. 

I read that and just got a serious case of the creepy crawlies.  I hope for all their sakes that they branch out and get to experience life outside their bubble.

I mean more like they are going to be fucked over mentally. They've lived their entire lives with their parents- yes they can travel and work and so on, but their parents have still been such a big part of their lives that they will be so lost without them.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:36 PM, katilac said:

I think it's true of many fundies, but I have trouble thinking of Michelle or Priscilla as the brains of any operation. 

Ohhh Law have mercy. Poor Priss won't be joining a think tank anytime soon. 

Bless it. 

The youngest Arndts are who I forsee having the most problems as time goes by. This is assuming nothing ever changes on the home front, which seems the most likely scenario at this point. 

After Rick/Cathy pass I see Paul becoming the defacto leader. He sort of comes across as the responsible, organized leader of the siblings. I'm sure that the next closest brothers may have something to say about that from time to time, but my guess is Paul will do just fine leading them (status quo) and they will go about their lives much the same as if Rick and Cathy were there.

The biggest problem may be when the oldest sons become elderly themselves. Are the youngest Arndts, who have a decent age gap between Paul/Mark/John, going to be equipped emotionally and physically to take on certain roles as their eldest brothers age and eventually pass? It seems like so far away - and it is but at the same time it isn't. I'm not sure what some of the younger ones do on a regular basis (I think just two are still homeschooling), and while sometimes one may attend a photography gig, it seems in these instances they are only ever paired with one of the oldest brothers - they may not be gaining the skills (or even have the desire) needed to keep the business going. Are any doing court reporting? I hope that the older brothers are keeping the future in mind and are strongly mentoring and giving their younger siblings opportunities to lead.

Of course, it would be nice if they were encouraged to explore other career options, but seeing as that likely won't happen, the youngest Arndts should at least be trained up enough to continue with what's working for them - the photography and court reporting/videoing businesses.

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I mean more like they are going to be fucked over mentally. They've lived their entire lives with their parents- yes they can travel and work and so on, but their parents have still been such a big part of their lives that they will be so lost without them.

Point taken!

Just in case you need some riveting entertainment for this evening, FamTeam just posted on FB they will be LIVE STREAMING a special softball doubleheader around 7:15 pm (I am guessing Central time?)... enjoy!

30 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Just in case you need some riveting entertainment for this evening, FamTeam just posted on FB they will be LIVE STREAMING a special softball doubleheader around 7:15 pm (I am guessing Central time?)... enjoy!

I wish Hank Azaria's Brockmire character was announcing that game.......just sayin'.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Oh boy! How exciting! :P 

I find baseball boring under normal circumstances, so this should be absolutely riveting.

Thinking about the man-boys who travel for work: I wonder how often they have to check in with mommy and daddy. Every hour? Maybe if they took turns calling home every hour, it wouldn't be too bad. :think:

If they wanted to, one would think the guys would be able to make some love connections or at least meet eligible maidens at the weddings they photograph...I hope they don't think that that kind of life couldn't be for them or that marriage is only for people who no longer love their parents.

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

that marriage is only for people who no longer love their parents.

You just nailed the Arndt conundrum, untied the Arndt-ian knot, deciphered the Arndt Rosetta stone -- a one-person Bletchley Park, the Arndt cipher is broken! 

13 hours ago, neurogirl said:

If they wanted to, one would think the guys would be able to make some love connections or at least meet eligible maidens at the weddings they photograph...I hope they don't think that that kind of life couldn't be for them or that marriage is only for people who no longer love their parents.

One would think! But it doesn't seem to ever happen. That last part, "that marriage is for people who no longer lover their parents" is one of the saddest things I've read. And probably so true for the Arndts.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived