IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

43 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

That actually makes me really happy - for her and her kids, that is. They need closure & healing, not fundie rules of life. 

Alan is still rotting in jail. His father is bloviating on FB how special and awesome they are because their god keeps Alan from getting the flu and heals a kid of issues he's had for 8 years - just like that*snap* - Katie & the kids don't need that kind of crazy as they pick up the pieces of their lives and create a new one. 

Katie also looks healthier in her current picture than I have ever seen  her. She was always so typically worn down in any pics during her marriage and birthing days. Her body has finally been given a chance to heal instead of reproduce and her soul is clearly healing too or she wouldn't have the glow she has. 

Still a Morton, still crazy fundie ways, but eons above what her life once was.

Oh, it makes me really happy, too, though "fundie rules of life" will probably still apply. I'm under no illusions that she's on her way out of fundiedom, but I think there's a lot more joy in the Morton family than in many we discuss, and I think she's in for a much happier life now. Despite the fact that her father is the one who married her off to Alan in the first place, the Mortons (and married-in Smiths) have sucked it up and vocally championed Katie. She seems to be supported in all the ways someone in her situation needs. She looks radiant. I wish her and her children the best. Hopefully this awful situation has been cause for some reflection on papa Morton's part and they will approach some things differently in the future. We'll have to wait and see. If/when we see Adeline partner up, I think that will give us some insight. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell do you have to say "cost a fortune to adopt" when talking about your children?! Who wants to bet they bring that up and rub it in the faces of their adopted children any time they step out of line? They are despicable. 

IMG_2748.PNG

But it makes me smile to see Jackiemade a post tagging Kressant and saying happy birthday to one of Kressant's kids and Kressant didn't like or acknowledge the post at all. Nor did her sisters. 

Why in the hell would you comment about how much it cost to adopt? Holy shit! Yeah, they are for sure blessings. 

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

A progression of Katie. Just look at her eyes. First two "life with Alan"/as a Smith, next two, life after. 

BeFunky Collage.jpg

What a difference. VERY glad to know that she's divorced that loathsome POS.

Michael Morton is a fucking asshole for subjecting his daughter to years of abuse.

While he & others may not have known exactly what was going on, they obviously had no problem saddling Katie with a life of perpetual child-bearing & general servitude.

I like all the encouraging comments on Katie's new profile picture. I hate so many of their nasty beliefs but at least it looks like tons of people are on her side and providing encouragement. Including all three Smith daughters.

Given that Katie divorced Alan (POS) Smith I think there has been a crack in the Morton Rules of Fundie-dom,

I would have bet cash money that the Mortons would urge Katie to stay married, forgve POS Smith ,and then welcome him back when the legal stuff was all over.

The fact that she legally divorced him, probably with support from the Mortons and the Smith SILs, shows that at least one thing has changed in their world. -- Divorce is now an option to leave an intolerable situation.

I'm assuming that Katie was legally married, state recognized and all, not the Michael Pearl DIY version of we don't need no stinkin' state license.

If Katie is legally divorced, Alan might lose his parental rights if convicted of his crimes. Not to mention have to register as a sex offender and be barred from having any contact with children in the entire S'Morton family

Edited to add:  It looks to me as if Katie is wearing a smidge of makeup in her new FB picture  She looks as if a great burden has fallen from her

31 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm assuming that Katie was legally married, state recognized and all, not the Michael Pearl DIY version of we don't need no stinkin' state license.

Not initially - it took a couple years for them to do the state/legal marriage thing.  She washed his feet in 06 but got a marriage license in 08. So, for a while at least, they did follow the Pearl way of not needing no stinking license. 

I'm impressed.  Good for her. He was a terrible husband in every sense. She was sacrificed at the alter of patriarchy by her father. I do wonder how much support she would have gotten if she wasn't the perfect fundie wife. Sweet, submissive and always asking what else she could do for others. 

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm impressed.  Good for her. He was a terrible husband in every sense. She was sacrificed at the alter of patriarchy by her father. I do wonder how much support she would have gotten if she wasn't the perfect fundie wife. Sweet, submissive and always asking what else she could do for others. 

Good point. Had she not been the perfect fundie wife, maybe people would be less supportive. 

I feel like in situations like this, it MUST change the minds of a few fundies. Katie did everything right yet she STILL ended up divorced. I hope it makes some young fundies realize that even doing all the things their parents say to create a perfect marriage could end in divorce. There is no way to fireproof your marriage. 

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That actually makes me really happy - for her and her kids, that is. They need closure & healing, not fundie rules of life. 

Alan is still rotting in jail. His father is bloviating on FB how special and awesome they are because their god keeps Alan from getting the flu and heals a kid of issues he's had for 8 years - just like that*snap* - Katie & the kids don't need that kind of crazy as they pick up the pieces of their lives and create a new one. 

Katie also looks healthier in her current picture than I have ever seen  her. She was always so typically worn down in any pics during her marriage and birthing days. Her body has finally been given a chance to heal instead of reproduce and her soul is clearly healing too or she wouldn't have the glow she has. 

Still a Morton, still crazy fundie ways, but eons above what her life once was.

I just read Jackie's FB - there sure are a lot of people in her family in prison. I mean, I have a pretty big extended family and not one is in prison. I don't actually know anyone who has a relative in prison. Of course I know the prisons are full and my experiences are not everyone's, but it just seems there is a very large number of her relatives behind bars. 

Their god is really fucked up.

**Even more. Because I am bored I wanted to check my memory. A progression of Katie. Just look at her eyes. First two "life with Alan"/as a Smith, next two, life after. 

BeFunky Collage.jpg

She always looked so drawn and worn-down in photos taken when she was still with Alan (who wouldn't, with years of back-to-back pregnancies and waiting hand and foot on Alan, not to mention living surrounded by Cap'n Bret and Jacqueline's craziness).  Purely speculation, but I wonder if Alan was dictating her hairstyle (or lack thereof) because she got it cut and started wearing it differently pretty quick - and looks 10,000 times better (and  SO MUCH younger!) for it.

1 minute ago, dramallama said:

Purely speculation, but I wonder if Alan was dictating her hairstyle (or lack thereof) because she got it cut and started wearing it differently pretty quick - and looks 10,000 times better (and  SO MUCH younger!) for it.

I bet Addie is doing her hair and makeup for her now.

So happy to hear this! Good for her. I will admit, I donated money to her GFM and hoped and prayed it wouldn't go to Alan's defense. That picture of her with all her little ones around and a fresh baby on her chest  just broke me. 

Wow, snark in the comments on Mrs. Cap'n's post explaining how her kids can't have "12 siblings": Well they can say that they are "one of the twelve children of their blessed father and mother Bret and Jacqueline Smith" . Also our Dear God put each one into this family...the young still living in this family should obey their parents...the adult children that was raised in this home need to HONOR their parents..

Followed by another couple of comments chiming in about how they should always honor their parents.

Makes me sick.

Jackie makes me feel nauseous, and I mean in the literal sense of the word. That sick fucking bastard and complete waste of oxygen... I admit I wish she never ever sees her SMorton grandkids anymore in her whole miserable life.

Edit. Jackie, how about your Golden Son Alan - is he HONORING you and your disgusting husband when he rapes minors????

Kressant SMITH morton posted a very sweet birthday wish on Katie's wall, and Bethany SMITH lane also added a very warm comment.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1339435316102051&id=100001067850068

Whereas Jackie's public fb wish to Kressant on her birthday went ignored, with nary a like or comment from any of her offspring. It's quite clear where their loyalties lie. Methinks the old lady must be in high dudgeon!

And let's hope Jackie and The Cap don't see her for a very long time. Katie's children do not need those two despicable people in their lives.

Jackie is such a piece of shit. I don't have the words to express what I think about her.

Katie looks wonderful in her new fb profile picture and I hope she and the kids are doing fine!! 

Is anybody else surprised that she apparently didn't change her last name to Morton again?

2 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Jackie is such a piece of shit. I don't have the words to express what I think about her.

Katie looks wonderful in her new fb profile picture and I hope she and the kids are doing fine!! 

Is anybody else surprised that she apparently didn't change her last name to Morton again?

I get it if the kids keep the Smith name. I would probably keep Smith as my last name if it's the last name of my 8 kids. 

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Grandma Scarlett posted this picture and this is Jackie's response: 

IMG_2751.PNG

Such a sweet little girl, I hope that Jackie doesn't see her or a long time! 

I bet grandma Scarlett gets to see them since she's married to grandpa Morton. This family is so intermarried that it really causes awkward situations when lines in the sand are drawn.

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet grandma Scarlett gets to see them since she's married to grandpa Morton. This family is so intermarried that it really causes awkward situations when lines in the sand are drawn.

Scarlett isn't, she's Jackie's side. Its the Smith Grandma thats married to the Morton Grandpa.

9 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Scarlett isn't, she's Jackie's side. Its the Smith Grandma thats married to the Morton Grandpa.

Oh ok thank you. What's the name of the grandma married to grandpa Morton? 

40 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Regardless, Scarlett is the only elder Smith relative that Katie is still Facebook friends with. Not Cap'n Bret, not Jackie. So it seems she does still have some access.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived