IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Here's the picture for those interested:

Screenshot 2017-03-27 14.57.46.png

JinJer has some bed head going on again... Or she left the hairbrush at the TTH. C'mon Jing, have your hair trimmed by a professional, buy some good conditioning treatments, and get your hair in good shape. It's all part of your countenance. Step up your game, Jing.  

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go fuck yourself Jeremy. Would you tell a diabetic they just need Jesus instead of insulin? Yea you just might do that.  I've had clinical depression and anxiety disorder most of my life.  During one of my lowest, almost couldn't get off he couch, times it was medication that gave me the push to start pulling out of the pit.  So to paraphrase  the movie Heathers.  "Fuck yourself gently with a  chain saw"

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

@Scrabblemaster your response in the last thread is one of the most gracious things I have ever seen in an online forum in response to being challenged. 

I agree. That convo could have easily gone south in a hurry. Was pleasantly surprised to see the way you responded and considered everyone else's point of view, @Scrabblemaster .

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Go fuck yourself Jeremy. Would you tell a diabetic they just need Jesus instead of insulin? Yea you just might do that.  I've had clinical depression and anxiety disorder most of my life.  During one of my lowest, almost couldn't get off he couch, times it was medication that gave me the push to start pulling out of the pit.  So to paraphrase  the movie Heathers.  "Fuck yourself gently with a  chain saw"

Oh, that's what that's from! I was just thinking about my friend who used to say that after reading the post about the broomstick.

4 hours ago, Pasta said:

Fundies seem to think that one size fits all. Clothes, shoes, and everything else. It doesn't matter that body size differs, feet differ, and the chemical makeup of an individual is drastically different than another. 

Do the Duggars take vitamins? Do they understand the science behind how a body works? Is it only important that they look good? Not that they are healthy? 

Michelle took prenatals for years, so they don't object to vitamins. 

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

JinJer has some bed head going on again... Or she left the hairbrush at the TTH. C'mon Jing, have your hair trimmed by a professional, buy some good conditioning treatments, and get your hair in good shape. It's all part of your countenance. Step up your game, Jing.  

Personally I love her hair here. But then, every time I have my hair professionally done (no matter who the professional is), I feel extremely upset. lol. I prefer natural/fuzzy/not serumed/siliconed down looking hair.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Oh, that's what that's from! I was just thinking about my friend who used to say that after reading the post about the broomstick.

IDK, Michelle has done a lot of things that she is "anti" when it comes to her kids.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Oh that's completely different. That's to make sure she can still have babies, she doesn't care once they are out of her. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Hmmm.... So if Jeremy is playing basketball or soccer and blows out his knee, may we please tell him that he just needs Jesus instead of medical care?

35 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Hmmm.... So if Jeremy is playing basketball or soccer and blows out his knee, may we please tell him that he just needs Jesus instead of medical care?

Sounds reasonable to me.

6 hours ago, Pasta said:

Do the Duggars take vitamins? Do they understand the science behind how a body works? Is it only important that they look good? Not that they are healthy? 

I remember Michelle taking a huge amount of vitamins with her last pregnancy. But I bet that's because she was in her 40s and really really wanted a healthy baby and pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't bother with vitamins after he was done having babies. Unless she thought they would help with fertility. 

I just really hope Jinger never deals with PPD. Jeremy will tell her to pray it away. 

To be fair, they mean the Gothard/fundy Jesus. They don't mean the heal the sick, feed the poor Jesus. That guy is a hippy, hanging out with the poor, sick, postitutes and having the nerve to turn water into wine at a wedding with his long-haired self. I know this as I am an evil Catholic that thinks Hippy Jesus is cool. 

This type of talk makes me so frustrated and confused (as a sufferer of anxiety and depression). I hate when I express that I'm nervous and someone says "don't be nervous"...well if I could automatically turn it off, I would. Sometimes my parents are guilty of this - though they have been incredibly supportive - and give the whole "trust in the Lord" spiel and even though I am a Christian hearing that makes me feel guilty. And misunderstood. And like I don't have a real problem. And then more depressed/anxious.

I pray Jeremy never counsels someone who needs help from a mental professional. He'll probably pile the  guilt on them and mask the problem. 

What's with fundie evangelicalism and trying to demonize psychology/psychiatry or any mental wellness practice not directly associated with the Church? 

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Fuck me gently with a chain saw. do I look like Mother Theresa?  My favorite movie line. That movie being Heathers. 

As for this shit, again, some religious nut telling people that they need Jesus to help their medical condition. At least Tom Cruse admitted at least begrudgingly that, people might need more than spiritual help dealing with mental heath problems.  I've tried to pray away my anxiety, I've tried to pray away my ADHD, still have it.  Prayer isn't the answer for everything it can't fix a broken arm anymore than it can fix  a broken brain. 

8 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Gee thanks, Jeremy for the help managing my depression! Without my meds, I would, without a doubt, be dead. Jesus can't help fix the chemical imbalance in my brain.

Dear Jeremy, have you ever talked someone off a roof...? If not, then shut the heck up!

Jeremy, go fuck yourself. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for therapy and medication. And nice implying that people who are depressed are depressed because they sinned. Yup, I'm sure that 10-year-old me did a whole lotta sinning to deserve crying all the time and not really knowing why, and wanting to die because I was tired of being sad all the time. I'm sure that present-day me (who has done more than her fair share of sinning) just deserves to have near-constant anxiety and issues with restrictive eating because I didn't pray hard enough or my ancestors killed Jesus or something. Fuck you, Jeremy.

Jeremy needs to STFU and go away. That's what happens when unqualified idiots start preaching. And yes, he is completely unqualified. Him playing soccer, getting wasted and laid in college does not put him in a position to say anything really. 

I want to take Jeremy's Bible and shove it up his ass sideways. He knows not what he speaks of. I'll stick to ebil drugs and therapy.

Can the internet finally agree that this guy is a douche canoe and won't be "freeing" Jinger anytime soon?

Yes? Yes? ...No? Because someone on some website somewhere is going to take the view that "at least he's trying and he has a beard and HOLY SHIT ARE THOSE SHORTS?!?!?!? JINGER HAS GODDAMN LEGS?!?!?!"

In the immortal words of Trump: Sad!

So I realize that Jeremy won't be "freeing" Jinger, but I still have more hope for their future children than I do for Jessa's or Jill's (Idk about Josh's-- if he leaves Anna, I could see the hopefully questioning things). I feel this way only because of Jeremy's siblings who (I think) are secular, but haven't been cut out of his life. If they stay in Texas, they'd also be the only ones (so far) growing up not surrounded by their fundie family. 

14 hours ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

-snip-

But even in spite of hard, concrete evidence to that I was just sick and not broken, it took me moving away from home entirely for it to finally sink in that, "Having depression is not your fault, and you didn't bring it on yourself by not being able to force yourself to have happy thoughts."  

Both my mother, and my husband have depression.  I have never blamed them for it, and completely understand that their depression has nothing to with me*.   When my husband was diagnosed a few years ago, my mother tried explaining it to me in a very raw way, but knew pretty quickly that my brain couldn't possibly comprehend it.  My mother thought all her life that there was something wrong with her - and it took society's norms changing, and two of her siblings being diagnosed as well, for her to realize it wasn't "her".  I don't know how old you are, but I hope that you didn't have to live with it long :S  And am glad you've found support!

*well to be fair, only after it was diagnosed - my Mom has been depressed as long as I can remember, but didn't start taking medication until I was 26, but we've made great leaps in our relationship since then - growing up I thought she just didn't want to spend time with me, and that's why she slept all the time.

19 hours ago, Pasta said:

Fundies seem to think that one size fits all. Clothes, shoes, and everything else. It doesn't matter that body size differs, feet differ, and the chemical makeup of an individual is drastically different than another. 

EXACTLY!  It's not about health, it's about looks.  The skirts, the hair, even the Weight Watchers to keep trim in specific ways.  They are molded to look a certain way, because of of what they perceive to be beautiful ~ it's not about the diet (tator tot casserole anybody?), it's not about lifestyle (not working out on a daily business, because #sweat?), and if any vitamins are being taken, it's because Michelle was told it helps get her to end goal - another baby.  I don't know if she's taking them now, but it wouldn't shock me if she wasn't.  Though I've said before, we don't know what their self care routine is on a daily basis.  But we do have some idea of their lifestyle, diet, and exercise routine based on their show, and what they've shared over the years.

29 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

So I realize that Jeremy won't be "freeing" Jinger, but I still have more hope for their future children than I do for Jessa's or Jill's (Idk about Josh's-- if he leaves Anna, I could see the hopefully questioning things). I feel this way only because of Jeremy's siblings who (I think) are secular, but haven't been cut out of his life. If they stay in Texas, they'd also be the only ones (so far) growing up not surrounded by their fundie family. 

I agree - I don't think Jinger will be "freed" either.  But he's not ATI (though his views aren't less dangerous it seems), and he does seem to have a secular family that he loves and spends time with, and though who knows what's going on behind the scenes but it *seems* like they aren't spending all that much time on social media spreading their views, or at TTH.  I'm willing to wait to see down the road if they stop at one or two kids (or not) to give my final opinion ;]

As for Jinger at college ~ it could have been a few things:
- one of Jeremy's "outreach" ministry projects <-- I feel like this is the most likely one
- Jinger (or Jeremy), taking a class (some community events are set up in schools, including colleges, so it's not she's registered in college, but maybe as a month long photography course outsourced through her district *one can hope*)
- Jinger (or Jeremy) are actually taking a college course.  Some tech schools offer "certificate" programs that only last a semester (I have one in early childhood education).  You can just focus on a specific subject in the field without having to take other classes.

^ jmo.

I remember Michelle calling josie to come take her vitamin in one of the episodes in their final season of 19KAC. But maybe the vitamins were reserved for special miracle josie

There went the last thread of my hope for Jeremy. I would never wish a life with anxiety on my worst enemy (okay, maybe on Trump. But that's different). It can be crippling and life altering and not because I'm a sinner. Guess what? Bad things happen in life and PEOPLE REACT. Their bodies react. It's a way of PROTECTING our bodies from further damage. 

I will happily keep my Zoloft, acupuncture, and meditation and would be happy to teach Jeremy a select few Italian curse words, the nicest of which is bastardo. 

40 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

Both my mother, and my husband have depression.  I have never blamed them for it, and completely understand that their depression has nothing to with me*.   When my husband was diagnosed a few years ago, my mother tried explaining it to me in a very raw way, but knew pretty quickly that my brain couldn't possibly comprehend it.  My mother thought all her life that there was something wrong with her - and it took society's norms changing, and two of her siblings being diagnosed as well, for her to realize it wasn't "her".  I don't know how old you are, but I hope that you didn't have to live with it long :S  And am glad you've found support!

*well to be fair, only after it was diagnosed - my Mom has been depressed as long as I can remember, but didn't start taking medication until I was 26, but we've made great leaps in our relationship since then - growing up I thought she just didn't want to spend time with me, and that's why she slept all the time.

EXACTLY!  It's not about health, it's about looks.  The skirts, the hair, even the Weight Watchers to keep trim in specific ways.  They are molded to look a certain way, because of of what they perceive to be beautiful ~ it's not about the diet (tator tot casserole anybody?), it's not about lifestyle (not working out on a daily business, because #sweat?), and if any vitamins are being taken, it's because Michelle was told it helps get her to end goal - another baby.  I don't know if she's taking them now, but it wouldn't shock me if she wasn't.  Though I've said before, we don't know what their self care routine is on a daily basis.  But we do have some idea of their lifestyle, diet, and exercise routine based on their show, and what they've shared over the years.

I agree - I don't think Jinger will be "freed" either.  But he's not ATI (though his views aren't less dangerous it seems), and he does seem to have a secular family that he loves and spends time with, and though who knows what's going on behind the scenes but it *seems* like they aren't spending all that much time on social media spreading their views, or at TTH.  I'm willing to wait to see down the road if they stop at one or two kids (or not) to give my final opinion ;]

As for Jinger at college ~ it could have been a few things:
- one of Jeremy's "outreach" ministry projects <-- I feel like this is the most likely one
- Jinger (or Jeremy), taking a class (some community events are set up in schools, including colleges, so it's not she's registered in college, but maybe as a month long photography course outsourced through her district *one can hope*)
- Jinger (or Jeremy) are actually taking a college course.  Some tech schools offer "certificate" programs that only last a semester (I have one in early childhood education).  You can just focus on a specific subject in the field without having to take other classes.

^ jmo.

now that I am dealing (well almost over dealing with a boss) who has maniac dementia - at first I thought it was me when she was acting out - now i realize it's the illness.

How much negative backlash has he recieved so far? Surely this will cross over to mainstream media at some point. That's really when he's gonna get his assed served on a silver platter! Tom Cruise did the same thing to Brooke Shields after she admitted to taking meds to help with her PPD. He later apologized when his wife Katie gave birth.

21 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Schrödinger's Uterus strikes again!

You get ALL the low bows for this one!!!!!!!!!!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived