IGNORED

Couple accused of killing disabled adopted son, setting own house on fire

Stormy

http://people.com/crime/parents-murder-disabled-teen-son-set-fire-house/

Ernest and Heather Franklin from Guilford, NY have been arrested on suspicion of killing their adopted 16-year-old-son, Jeffrey Franklin, before setting their house on fire to cover it up. Jeffrey was deaf and had many other special needs, and the Franklins had adopted him 6-7 years ago. An autopsy proved he'd been dead before the fire started.

With so many discussions of adoption gone wrong, I think this deserves a look.

Oh my, how horrible. How can people do this?

This is terrible.  How and why do people get to this point?  There are so many alternatives that are better than murder and a sordid, failed cover up.  

Poor kid never had a chance. 

There is a very special place in Hell for these people. May they be tortured and burn there forever.

I wound up finding the mother's Facebook (and, by the looks of things, so did everyone else) and I think the way she initially handled the tragedy (pre-arrest) is chilling. I understand the need to make a fund if you've lost everything, but it's strange that she didn't have much to say about her her son aside from that she felt empty not having to care for him anymore. No tribute, photos, or anything...just borderline giddiness over the new house.

Two more interesting facts: one, she was a "stay-at-home homeschool mom" (because of course she was) and, lastly, she's 28-weeks pregnant with a new baby boy. Were they setting the stage to start a new life in the wake of their old one not turning out like they'd hoped? Who knows!

Archived