IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when I do nice things for others I go out of my way to hide it, if at all possible. It never would occur to me to post about in on my blog. It would also make a very boring blog entry. "Bought groceries for homeless people. Left them under bridge. No one was around. Hope they help." I mean, in addition to bragging, that's also kind of a snooze fest.

I thought of Steve today.  VP Mike Pence is stating that he never eats alone with a woman or attends an event where there is alcohol being served, unless his wife is there.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/pence-wife-billy-graham-rule/521298/

I've had business lunches alone with men, and our purity survived.  But I'm not sure if I've had dinner alone with a man since I've been married - I don't think it's come up.  But I've definitely been to events with alcohol without my husband.

7 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I thought of Steve today.  VP Mike Pence is stating that he never eats alone with a woman or attends an event where there is alcohol being served, unless his wife is there.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/pence-wife-billy-graham-rule/521298/

I've had business lunches alone with men, and our purity survived.  But I'm not sure if I've had dinner alone with a man since I've been married - I don't think it's come up.  But I've definitely been to events with alcohol without my husband.

It's not the eating alone that's problematic, it's what might happen before or after.  Unless he's into whipped cream, peanut butter, or honey, etc.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:31 PM, socalrules said:

Obviously they want to show how altruistic they are but it may have been a positive for the woman they visited.

Of course it could have been a positive.  The point is that the Maxwells only do nice things for the already converted "Fellowshippers"  or family members.

There could be any number of people in need of social visits or practical help that they ignore.  They are not proactive.

It would be an "act of kindness" if these young women (who don't have jobs) visited the residents, talked to them, ran errands, brought lunch or cookies, and so on - without preaching at them or trying to convert them.

Heck, Sarah could even train Ellie to be a TD and volunteer.  I've always found TD volunteering very rewarding and really enjoy spending time with the"elderly."  But then, I have never tried to convert any of them.

New post up.  Poor Sarah talks about a work problem but is very vague about it.  She also prayed about it.

11 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Poor Sarah talks about a work problem but is very vague about it.  She also prayed about it.

She doesn't go to school. She doesn't have kids. She doesn't have a job. She has no responsibility besides her dog.  What "work" is she talking about? Are we going to be treated to another post about rescheduling your day to wash cabinets?

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

She doesn't go to school. She doesn't have kids. She doesn't have a job. She has no responsibility besides her dog.  What "work" is she talking about? Are we going to be treated to another post about rescheduling your day to wash cabinets?

My guess is she's talking about the new books she said she was going to write. Probably has writer's block. The cynic in me thinks this post will be the lead-up to a future post of "you guyyyzzz, thanks so much for your prayrzz, they worked. Now buy my books!" Or maybe she's just depressed about having to write them at all. I would be.

@Palimpsest,  I was visited by a therapy dog when I was in the rehab hospital.  They also had this very sweet Golden Retriever that came every day with his physical therapist mom to the therapy room.  He was great with the patients because there is nothing like a retriever to calm someone down.  Several of my friends are involved with therapy dogs.  I don't think my dachsie would make a good therapy dog for anyone except me.  

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Or perhaps the pizza cutter broke while cutting lettuce?

And then they can use their Amazon Affiliate link to buy a new one. :pb_lol:

Sarah's "work" problems make me laugh and cry at the same time. What choices does she have? Everything is dictated by her father's interpretation of a 2.000 year old book. 

When I have a problem at work I discuss it with people who are experienced and at management level - so they can make decisions. I can and do make decisions every day, but if there is a problem big enough to blog about, I talk to those with more knowledge, experience and control than I have. I learn from the experience which, ultimately (in a perfect world, which I know I don't live in) making me more valuable to those who sign my paycheck.What does Sarah even do that could be considered "work"?

Sarah doesn't engage in life. She takes pictures of what her sisters do and then sits for ten minutes and creates a blog post. The entire Maxwell blog has become about 'the world through Sarah's eyes'. She doesn't play with her nieces & nephews. She doesn't polish cabinets. She doesn't bless the elderly with a meal. She doesn't even clean the cars. She takes posed pictures and posts them on their website. For as sad and pathetic as the lives of Mary & Anna come across with their niece & nephew playdates and dinner with the elderly, Sarah's existence is that much worse.

You know what, Sarah? My niece, who is 25, a college graduate, a working woman - is getting married this summer. To the man she met and fell in love with at school. She was raised to be a strong, independent, honest, sincere woman; she chose a man who is much like her in that regard. Two good, young people meeting, falling in love, doing life and now, getting married. I would wish this life on every woman on the planet before I'd wish your mere existence on a single being. They want to have a family. I'd bet my soul they have their 2 or 3 kids before you even consider a life of your own a possibility.

Sarah just makes me sad. The Maxwells suck for so many reasons, but mostly for screwing up and ruining the lives of their offspring. 

I am so grateful, every day of my life, that I was not born, raised or brainwashed a Maxwell. And, their god sucks. And, Steve Maxwell sucks. 

New post up. Smug Joseph has impregnated Invisible Elissa again!                                                  

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest,  I was visited by a therapy dog when I was in the rehab hospital.  They also had this very sweet Golden Retriever that came every day with his physical therapist mom to the therapy room.  He was great with the patients because there is nothing like a retriever to calm someone down.  Several of my friends are involved with therapy dogs.  I don't think my dachsie would make a good therapy dog for anyone except me.  

@PennySycamore my dachie is my therapy dog but he could never go pro...that would mean conforming to someone else's standard of awesome and dachshunds don't do that. 

54 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Whaaat?  I'm not seeing it!

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

April Fools?

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

It's not the eating alone that's problematic, it's what might happen before or after.  Unless he's into whipped cream, peanut butter, or honey, etc.

What about chocolate sauce?

7 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

@PennySycamore my dachie is my therapy dog but he could never go pro...that would mean conforming to someone else's standard of awesome and dachshunds don't do that. 

@PennySycamore and @BlessingsVonFundiePants, you two are funny!  Little dogs can qualify as TDs (and little dogs are often requested) but dachies can be rather barkie.  They are real characters though.

I've had 3 wonderful grey TDs.  Miss P., especially, had nerves of steel and a real affinity for it.  Little Guy is a bit too anxious to enjoy it although he passed his test.  He is still scared by men in hats but does the occasional one-on-one Hospice visit.  I hope to get back to the AL, adult day care, and medically fragile pediatric facility soon, but Miss W is still in training and couldn't pass the test at the moment.  She's still very puppyish and bouncy.  She's also such a chow hound she still has problems with "leave it."  I need to get that rock solid before she tries the test.

8 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah's "work" problems make me laugh and cry at the same time. What choices does she have? Everything is dictated by her father's interpretation of a 2.000 year old book. 

Seriously.  However, compared to Anna and Mary poor Sarah does work quite hard.  She is supposed to be working on her new series but also seems to have done most of the work re-editing Teri's MOTH book. Her brothers credit her with doing a lot of the accounting for their various businesses, she still seems to manage the mail order side, writes the silly blog, and is available at all times for photo ops.

At one point Anna was supposed to take over the blog and some of the mail order work.  That hasn't been mentioned for ages.  Other than cleaning, cooking and Operation Christmas Child, Mary and Anna seem to do nothing.

But if Sarah's not working outside the home (and it'd be startling if she'd been allowed), the picture doesn't make sense.  It's in a store, she's holding a sign that she...bought there? Made? If she made it, why was she in the store with it? Why wouldn't she just take a close-up of the sign to make her point? Anyone else confused?

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Seriously.  However, compared to Anna and Mary poor Sarah does work quite hard.  She is supposed to be working on her new series but also seems to have done most of the work re-editing Teri's MOTH book. Her brothers credit her with doing a lot of the accounting for their various businesses, she still seems to manage the mail order side, writes the silly blog, and is available at all times for photo ops.

At one point Anna was supposed to take over the blog and some of the mail order work.  That hasn't been mentioned for ages.  Other than cleaning, cooking and Operation Christmas Child, Mary and Anna seem to do nothing.

I suspect Anna and maybe Mary work for their brother's businesses. Anna has been trained on some software/IT stuff and programming languages, and I believe a while back she attended some conference with her brothers. I imagine Mary was probably similarly trained. Also, I suspect Anna was the mentor for female students of 1TONramp. 

I think Steve just doesn't want to post that his daughters work and have careers. It would distract from his message and make his sons' "achievements" seem less. His whole schtick was preparing sons, not daughters, to be "wage earners" - how bad is it if his daughters are earning wages?

BTW, they have been asked a few times about posting their schedules for the now adult children. That they have not really speaks volumes to me. 

Re Steve and Mike Pence: My boss is a man. Most work days I have meetings with him alone to go over projects he has me working on or to ask him questions on stuff I'm doing independently. Somehow we've never torn each other's clothes off in the absence of chaperones. I'm single af (but maybe something is happening with someone? It's weird) and he's happily married. If you think that every private encounter you have with a woman might lead to sex, you have no self-control and you are severely deluded.

Also, today I cleaned my whole apartment. But I didn't take pictures or shill cleaning products on the internet, so did it really happen?

38 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Anna has been trained on some software/IT stuff and programming languages, and I believe a while back she attended some conference with her brothers. I imagine Mary was probably similarly trained. Also, I suspect Anna was the mentor for female students of 1TONramp. 

I agree, but 1TONramp went under and if Anna worked for it - she was only answering the phone to the women taking the course, taking the questions, and then relaying answers from her brothers and Steve.  Gotta keep men and women safe and separate.

Somewhere on Titus2 Teri wrote about all the skills the daughters had - found it!

We have given our girls learning opportunities just like our boys have had so that they not only have homemaking skills but also have income-producing skills. Sarah has learned business management skills, including Quickbooks, inventory, shipping, taxes, marketing, and more. Not only that, but she also has now authored eight successful children’s books. Anna has bookkeeping skills she learned as she managed the boys’ construction-business books, has her A+ certificate, and much experience in nutrition and exercise. Mary is taking art classes.

http://articles.titus2.com/older-daughters-living-at-home/

That was as recent as 2014.  Bookkeeping is a skill for Anna, but "much experience in nutrition and exercise" and a few art classes for Mary are not big money makers.  Mary has done some illustration for one of Sarah's books, IIRC.  It was underwhelming.

I cringed at the quote Sarah chose for that post. "No good thing will he withhold." Guess a husband wouldnt have been good. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived