IGNORED

Maxwell 8: Not Riveting Our Attention

FundieFarmer

Maxhell (n).

Synonyms: 
tedious, uneventful, monotonous, tiresome, flat, dry, uninteresting, dull, dreary.

Continuing on from here:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As public schooled children, Steve and I received our standardized testing in our public school classrooms", nice way to ironically mention the massive disservice that was done to the spawn of Maxhell.

What I don't understand is that they have stated their homeschooling is non-accredited so maybe the test is just for legal purposes to keep them out of public school? 

Having a non-accredited HS diploma is useless and why none of the kidults can leave. They all probably can't pass the GED to leave. Sad. 

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Why are they giving Abby standardized tests?  Is this a Kansas state requirement to homeschool children?

Different states have different requirements for homeschoolers. The state where I live has almost no requirements. Any semi-literate idiot can homeschool their kids without testing, registration, oversight, etc. Some states require standardized testing, others don't. Some homeschooling families test their kids even if it isn't a requirement just to make sure the kids are on track academically.

I didn't see anything in the Kansas law that required standardized testing.  But I didn't look too deeply, so I could have missed it.

10 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Different states have different requirements for homeschoolers. The state where I live has almost no requirements. Any semi-literate idiot can homeschool their kids without testing, registration, oversight, etc. Some states require standardized testing, others don't. Some homeschooling families test their kids even if it isn't a requirement just to make sure the kids are on track academically.

Yes, yes, definitely something required in different states. In my state, homeschooled children must take the required standardized test beginning in 3rd grade. However, in my state it has to be done at a testing site. I find it odd that Terri can test her own grandchildren.

I'm guessing tests were administered so that Steve et al. could brag about how much better they are than the rest of us. 

(unless a state requirement, which it seems not to be.) 

I'm guessing tests were administered so that Steve et al. could brag about how much better they are than the rest of us. 

(unless a state requirement, which it seems not to be.) 

Definitely a bragging right.

I'm only surprised that the Great Stevehovah didn't feel that he should take this important task on himself.

But of course, teaching is lowly women's work and therefore beneath him. And it's not like Abby will be working, or getting married, or leaving the compound...

Although maybe he will change his mind for the penis-bearing grandchildren. You never know when you may need to create a bad website for crappy photography.

On the topic of the Susannah post, that "10 out of 10 people die" line made me laugh. Had to do a double take to make sure I really read that.  It reminds me of those anti-piracy ads trying to be edgy. 

New post up re:  First day of Spring park outing. Joshua is noticeably absent; Calia may have been there (is that her with her face turned away from the camera?).  As usual, the aunties are front and center though Grandma seems fairly engaged too (for once). Abby is surprisingly tall for her age, but there's nothing to snark on here...

...except, so help me God, if one of those darling girls trips over her ridiculous long skirt while climbing on that playground equipment and breaks a tooth or a bone or a brain, I would want to smack Steve-o upside the head. Hard. However, I would probably settle for a hate-filled email. A small child has to risk her safety so she doesn't defraud grown men?  Gag. These people are depraved. 

Here's the answer to the standardised testing thing.

And Calia is definitely there. That's her in the third photo down. She's the only one wearing a hat. 

IMG_1508.PNG

20 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

Steve Maxwell is, and will always be, determinedly middle class.  He does want those bragging rights - and I do give him a tiny bit of credit in that he at least let the boys take some useful courses and develop a few marketable skills.

Well, that's the news from MaxHell-begon, where all the women are Diligent, all the men are God-fearing, and all the children are Far Above Average.   The family prison that time forgot and the decades cannot change, except to add more unfortunate inmates.

I was wondering why Joshua didn't go to the park with his sisters and cousins. It's very conspicuous. I was thinking that in a normal family, it would be because he's sick or something else going on, like school or a game or lessons, but this is Maxhell.

So, it made me wonder, was he being punished? They've talked about how they would cancel birthdays or other fun things if kids were too focused on them. 

I hate that that would cross my mind. This family sucks. 

I did not see Joshua in any pictures. Maybe he was sick or maybe like the person said above he acted like a normal kid and made his father mad and was not allowed to go. 

My kids private Lutheran school in Michigan used the Iowa Tests, and my oldest boy scored so high on the match and science portion in 7th grade that he was invited to take the ACT.  This was in 1995.  He got a  17 score as a 7th grader which was the minimum score for Michigan State University that year.  He got 19 out of 20 questions correct on the Trig portion of the test which surprised us but shouldn't have because he was tested for and diagnosed with ADHD at the University of Michigan hospital in 2nd grade and we were told he has a unique almost Einstein though process.  

On the other side of the spectrum we all celebrated when he got a 13th percentile on the spelling portion of the Iowa test, because he finally got a two digit number.  Math genius, can't spell, punctuate or aplhabetize and can't tell you which day comes after Tuesday unless he starts reciting Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, WEDNESDAY.  He's 34 now, an ASE Certified Master Mechanic and can fix electrical problems in cars better than anyone else and has found his place in the world.  I shudder to think how he would have been treated in Fundie family.  

On 3/22/2017 at 10:23 PM, FloraDoraDolly said:

Must be Texas?  This is what happened with my sister-in-law.  She was homeschooled, my H was not.  Guess which one has thrived and which has never held a job??  Hint:  both my MIL and SIL are barely literate (no exaggeration).  

On 3/24/2017 at 0:27 AM, HoneyBunny said:

except, so help me God, if one of those darling girls trips over her ridiculous long skirt while climbing on that playground equipment and breaks a tooth or a bone or a brain, I would want to smack Steve-o upside the head.

You have read my mind and spoken my words. 

On 3/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Why are they giving Abby standardized tests?  Is this a Kansas state requirement to homeschool children?

They've run out of other things to talk about?

They want to send the message: "Homeschooling & extreme sheltering works, so buy our products."

I am just shocked that they took the kids to a you know heathen park.  What happened to the glorious godly aunties park that keeps hearts and minds pure?

Apparently, everyone came over for Sunday lunch. They have 23 in there. I wonder what they'll do when they can't fit everyone around that table? 

A couple of observations:

Can they not set the camera up so Poor Sarah can be in the picture?

Where's Gigi? Did they just leave her out? She really ought to be live with Steve and Teri at this point. 

Elissa is not pregnant.

The way NR Anna is clutching Christopher is weird. 

As always, a grandson sits next to Steve - but it's Drew this time!

They really need to give up on BJ for a nickname.

And Steve, I've been waiting for what seems like weeks to hear the rest of the story. How did this young man walk in truth and righteous and most importantly, debt free. What did the mother say in her note? It's not nice to keep a girl waiting.

I can't find Daniel in the photo. Is he in the high chair behind AnnaofChristopher? If the purpose was to get a picture of EVERYBODY, why not make sure the baby is on his mother's lap or at least visible?  And as mentioned above, that camera surely has a timer. Why not get Sarah in the picture?  Does nobody say "Hey. Let's make sure we get Sarah in the picture."?

It's like Steve wants us to forget she is part of the Maxwell family. We see a few individual shots of her but hardly any of her with the family - immediate or extended. 

There is an open invitation for the extending family to come over for lunch? What happens if they drop by at lunch time on a random Tuesday? Are they not allowed to eat? Must every visit be scheduled? I am guessing they would be shocked that a lot of people just drop by their parents homes, without even calling, and mom/dad are thrilled to feed them. I can't believe they have those bland burritos every Sunday. I love bean/cheese/sour cream burritos but I doubt theirs would do anything for me. 

21 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Where's Gigi? Did they just leave her out? She really ought to be live with Steve and Teri at this point. 

Perhaps Gigi wants beef burritos (see the comments for the menu) and would much rather live alone. I know I would.  

She is right next door if she needs anything.   I'm sure Steve has his eye on her house for John or Jesse to move into at some point.

Back from what some might call a vacation.  Coward Steve would have had a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, and embolism simultaneously if he had been at the resort I was at.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived