IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

Her notebook doodle today is about addictions. She mentions people can be addicted to facebook.....hmmmmm and I guess she thinks she isn't?  I would love to see her give that up for a week, but nah her work is too important! In her mind it isn't an addiction, but important work. She has to monitor facebook every hour to see if someone needs her. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Has Lori (Dori!) ever addressed widows who work - specifically those with young children at home?

I'd love to pose that question to her. A God-fearing, Christ-loving, church-going, modest, humble, (whatever else Lori's standards require), wife and mother... her husband dies. What are her options until she finds a new husband? Should she work, or should she get government assistance?

WWLS - What Would Lori Say?

She's mentioned that a few times.  She said that they either need to get remarried, or their church and family need to take care of them.  She even recently said that she would also go on welfare before going back to work, unless it's a home-based job.

There are so many ways to tear this apart.  It's easy for her to say, since her father was an MD and could afford to take care of her and her children.  She's never truly had to worry about anything financial.

And, can you imagine taking financial care of extended family members so that they don't have to work?  I might donate a temporary amount in the case of an emergency, but no way could I (nor would I) support another family member to just stay home (this excludes medical issues, but I still wouldn't be able to help for any length of time, since I am not independently wealthy).

14 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

She's mentioned that a few times.  She said that they either need to get remarried, or their church and family need to take care of them.  She even recently said that she would also go on welfare before going back to work, unless it's a home-based job.

There are so many ways to tear this apart.  It's easy for her to say, since her father was an MD and could afford to take care of her and her children.  She's never truly had to worry about anything financial.

And, can you imagine taking financial care of extended family members so that they don't have to work?  I might donate a temporary amount in the case of an emergency, but no way could I (nor would I) support another family member to just stay home (this excludes medical issues, but I still wouldn't be able to help for any length of time, since I am not independently wealthy).

Thanks for your reply. :)

If women didn't work, there'd be a lot less money from income tax going toward welfare.

34 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I remember those posts. When I really got into Lori's blog back in 2012 she did a post on widows and I remember one of her fangirls said that if anything happened to her husband that her relatives would support her and her children. Later on, another fangirl claimed that there were churches that actually took care of widows and their families. From what I've and seen heard, churches will usually offer temporary financial help to widows or families going through hardships. Often times they will refer to social services or non-profits. My aunt worked for Catholic Charities and she would get referrals to help families.

I doubt there are any cases of churches supporting widows and their families for years and years. I can't imagine many people willing to financially support relatives for years especially if the relative is capable of working. Let's say something happened to Ken years ago when the kids were all underage. Lori's dad might have been willing to support Lori and her kids, but let's say Lori's mom or sisters didn't like it. Or, what if shit had happened to Lori's mom and dad and changed their financial circumstances.I would have no problem giving temporary help to a relative dealing with a tragedy. But, no way would I give them money for years so they wouldn't have to work.

ETA: Let's not forget that Ken said somewhere on one of the blogs that he is against supporting adult children. If something happens to one of his son-in-laws, I guess he will refuse to help out his daughters.

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

Ken may have 'ordered' her to use her itchy delete finger every time Dave tries to post, since Ken wants to be the alpha male on her blog.

No. Ken said over here lori doesn't always do what he wants her to. In reality I'd bet lori is as submissive as I am. 

26 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I can't imagine many people willing to financially support relatives for years especially if the relative is capable of working.

This. I would hope that families, friends and churches would want to help widows get on their feet, financially and otherwise. It makes more sense to help a widow adjust to her new circumstances and I think the children would benefit a lot more from watching their mother embrace her new role as provider, while they interact with other people and experience love from friends, neighbors and the church.  It all depends on how you look at it. 

Does anyone know if Lori and her fangirls believe in life insurance, or is this another area that they think "God will provide "?

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Dave hasn't posted on Lori's blog since Ken's post.  Wonder how The Godly Mentor is taking it...

Not well, I presume.

41 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Does anyone know if Lori and her fangirls believe in life insurance, or is this another area that they think "God will provide "?

They assume life insurance is a given.  Basically any Godly man will work himself to death for the brood and make sure he's got a massive policy building up just in case.  If widow and brood go back home, the bills should be minimal to non-existent therefore allowing her to live off of whatever he set aside.  If the family is unwilling or unable to take them in, the church is supposed to cover that need.  In theory it's a nice idea: to be taken care of for life....but it's just not reality.  Lori is extremely naive and entitled.  She assumes that because her father was a doctor and her husband has been successful, that it's easy for everyone else in the world to do it.  

Irony just hit me....the vast majority of fundies are anti government or anti-democratic.  They don't want the socialized medicine or overt welfare privileges, yet they preach this very idea, where the church community is supposed to raise up and care for each other....if that's not a socialized system, I don't know what is.  Someone has to monitor it all, if it isn't the law makers then it's got to be the preacher.  

I'm currently waiting for the Life Insurance to be processed. But I should get 2 x annual salary as a lump sum.

On top of that I get Survivors Benefit plus 2 x Orphan Benefit for our minor children in Canada.

My in-laws offered to help me out financially and I did accept the offer as I had very little money at the time due to my husband dying unexpectedly. as soon as I got my affairs sorted out I paid them back.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

They assume life insurance is a given.  Basically any Godly man will work himself to death for the brood and make sure he's got a massive policy building up just in case.  If widow and brood go back home, the bills should be minimal to non-existent therefore allowing her to live off of whatever he set aside.  If the family is unwilling or unable to take them in, the church is supposed to cover that need.  In theory it's a nice idea: to be taken care of for life....but it's just not reality.  Lori is extremely naive and entitled.  She assumes that because her father was a doctor and her husband has been successful, that it's easy for everyone else in the world to do it.  

Irony just hit me....the vast majority of fundies are anti government or anti-democratic.  They don't want the socialized medicine or overt welfare privileges, yet they preach this very idea, where the church community is supposed to raise up and care for each other....if that's not a socialized system, I don't know what is.  Someone has to monitor it all, if it isn't the law makers then it's got to be the preacher.  

bbm- They don't want it for SINNERS. They want it for those who are WORTHY. The Godly Mentor is entitled to be taken care of in the manner to which she is accustomed**, and either her father, her male children, her church or the government had darn well better do it.

But anyone who looks even remotely sin-ny? Nope. They should have thought of that before they needed help, shouldn't they? 

** Which makes me wonder, too, who makes the decision on how these people are cared for? In my area, there is an organization (Backstoppers, if anyone cares) that provides for the spouses of fallen first responders. And even though they are incredibly generous, they still don't -- and can't -- pay for all the living expenses of these people always and forever and ever, amen. There are limits. So Lori might think that a church might swoop in and pay for her expensive vaginal ointment and makeup and organic produce and who knows what else -- but it's probably not going to happen when half the members are barely able to feed and clothe their own quiver full of spawn. Maybe if she'd ever had to balance a checkbook herself, she'd know that.

I don't know what it says about me that I saw the topic title and wondered if Lori and/or Ken had actually done something like that! :my_cry: *showing myself to the prayer closet now*

Northern and Central California have been experiencing heavy flooding for nearly a month. Lori, who lives in San Diego, has not said ONE word about it. That woman lives in an isolated bubble that she created in her own head. Just sad. 

I would love for Lori to write that she is helping those who have been displaced. It would be nice if she and Ken helped/mentored those who have lost everything.

6 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

No it isn't. Because in a socialized system you have to take care of other people's needs, regardless of who these people are and your willingness to help them. Lori on the contrary likes to have her choices. She doesn't like people who don't kiss her ass. Not that she would help those who do, since she doesn't tithe.

17 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Yeah, Lori has always been involved in the mommy wars. But, of she course she won't admit it. She gets off on slamming working moms any chance she gets. In IRL, she has probably gotten in tons of mommy war arguments with relatives and friends. Lori has admitted that she doesn't do things like bible study with other women outside the home. I wonder if she avoids things like that because of working women who may be involved.

I'm guessing that she doesn't do bible study because a) she's not that knowledgeable about the entire book   b)her attention span isn't so great    c)the other ladies would point out her "mischaracterizations"   d)no fellows could join   and e)she can't have absolute control over anything said.

4 hours ago, freealljs said:

Northern and Central California have been experiencing heavy flooding for nearly a month. Lori, who lives in San Diego, has not said ONE word about it. That woman lives in an isolated bubble that she created in her own head. Just sad. 

I would love for Lori to write that she is helping those who have been displaced. It would be nice if she and Ken helped/mentored those who have lost everything.

Not bloody likely AT ALL.  I, for one, wouldn't believe a word.  Both Alexanders are too greedy, judgmental, and self-righteous.

17 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Ken may have 'ordered' her to use her itchy delete finger every time Dave tries to post, since Ken wants to be the alpha male on her blog.

Lori is pooping on people's lawns; Ken is peeing all over her blog to mark his territory. These two really need to consider using something for their verbal incontinence.

Lori highlights her norwex cleaning video on fb. The comments, wow! All these women rushing in to say how its the only way they clean now! Just water and their norwex. That is all! 

Look at this great experiment that was done to determine if bacteria stays on the norwex cloth. I am still making my way through it, but for the most part...yeah bacteria sticks around...its is not some godly miracle cloth. 

http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/norwex-cloth-independent-testing

Then this part

DO NORWEX CLOTHS KILL BACTERIA?

I think it is fine to use one Nowex cloth, e-cloth, or cotton washcloth for the whole day of wiping up the kitchen as long as you didn't use it to wipe up raw meat. I suggest hand washing it between uses and hanging it up to dry. However, at night (or after wiping up raw meat) I recommend retiring that cloth until it can be properly cleaned. Get a new, clean cloth out the next morning and start each day with a fresh one. But what is the best way to really get the germs out of the cloth? We have already established that hand washing doesn't do a very good job. So, I tested out a few other methods. 

And Lori has admitted to using it to clean up chicken juice. 

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

Godly Lori is calling out another reader today.  Ever the example of loving your neighbor.:roll:

She is quite humble and modest in that post, too. She has whatever she wants. She has a big, beautiful house. She has all the money she cares to spend. And, of course, it is all because she quit working and stayed home. 

She lives in an upper class bubble. Telling women that they (and presumably their children) will have everything they want or need if they just refuse to work and stay home is complete nonsense for the majority of Americans in the current economy.    

I like how she says, "All for a paycheck?" She apparently doesn't realize that paychecks are vitally important to most families.

16 hours ago, polecat said:

bbm- They don't want it for SINNERS. They want it for those who are WORTHY. The Godly Mentor is entitled to be taken care of in the manner to which she is accustomed**, and either her father, her male children, her church or the government had darn well better do it.

But anyone who looks even remotely sin-ny? Nope. They should have thought of that before they needed help, shouldn't they? 

** Which makes me wonder, too, who makes the decision on how these people are cared for? In my area, there is an organization (Backstoppers, if anyone cares) that provides for the spouses of fallen first responders. And even though they are incredibly generous, they still don't -- and can't -- pay for all the living expenses of these people always and forever and ever, amen. There are limits. So Lori might think that a church might swoop in and pay for her expensive vaginal ointment and makeup and organic produce and who knows what else -- but it's probably not going to happen when half the members are barely able to feed and clothe their own quiver full of spawn. Maybe if she'd ever had to balance a checkbook herself, she'd know that.

18 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Let's not forget that Lori and Ken are against tithing. So The Godly Mentor must think other church members are obligated to tithe and help the church help those in need and not her. I also doubt that the Godly Mentor has ever read any of the financial statements at the churches that she has attended over the years. 

59 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I like how she says, "All for a paycheck?" She apparently doesn't realize that paychecks are vitally important to most families.

It would have made a lot more sense if she had said something like, "All to put food on the table?  Pfffttt... " or "All to keep a roof over my children's heads?  Please....".  

Reader:

Prison is not being allowed to take 3 weeks vacation or risk loosing your job.

No honey,  that's not prison...that's luxury.  Luxury is having the finances to take a 3 week vacation (like Ken and Lori recently did) in the first place.  I don't know anyone like that, but obviously they exist.

Which planet do these people live on, and where do they find the money trees that afford them multiple week vacations??? Geez...

They travel for those 3 weeks too, right? Not working a second job while off from a first job due to enforced time off in lieu of layoff. Not painting your house cause you can't afford to hire someone for $8,000. Not caring for seriously ill family member who just had major surgery. Cause those are the only reasons I would take 3 weeks off!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived