IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

I get 8 week "vacations" from my job...because there are no students scheduled to take my class. What do I do those 8 weeks? PRAY like hell we'll be able to survive on hubby's check. This year, so far, I've been "off" from 1/1 to 1/30, I'll be off from 5/26 to 7/24 and 9/15 to 11/19. So, basically, I work half the year...UNLESS I get PMP certified and take over teaching that class (I'm taking the test next month). Still, I work part-time...that bitch got it made in the shade. My paychecks go for the little things in life...car repairs, groceries, gas, cat food. But that bitch would tell me I could sell my car and be "wifely" by staying my ass at home while he takes his car to work. Fuck that noise! 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I get 8 week "vacations" from my job...because there are no students scheduled to take my class. What do I do those 8 weeks? PRAY like hell we'll be able to survive on hubby's check. This year, so far, I've been "off" from 1/1 to 1/30, I'll be off from 5/26 to 7/24 and 9/15 to 11/19. So, basically, I work half the year...UNLESS I get PMP certified and take over teaching that class (I'm taking the test next month). Still, I work part-time...that bitch got it made in the shade. My paychecks go for the little things in life...car repairs, groceries, gas, cat food. But that bitch would tell me I could sell my car and be "wifely" by staying my ass at home while he takes his car to work. Fuck that noise! 

I get the summer off. Usually from mid-May until early September. If I get lucky I may get one or two sub days at the end of August. I get a paycheck for May in June, then nothing until maybe a teeny check in September.  

So summer is an exercise of stretching my money. Not fun at all. 

I'm married to a millionaire.  IJS.  :martinismiley:  (we need a hair flip emoji)

IT'S A JOKE!  That's our family giggle.  When Honey took over the family business, the dirty laundry started falling out of all the closets.  The public facade was all smoke and mirrors.  It's been almost 6 years since the bottom fell out and to this day there's always one person who will look at him and make some reference to it being this massively profitable entity and that he and I are sitting on a pile.  We laugh, go home, and pick which bills are the most important that month and go about doing our best.

Have I mentioned lately that Lori is a spoiled ass brat???

Lori never changes, does she? 

Just shut up Lori. You have no idea how good you have/had it. Some women would go crazy if they had to stay at home forever once they were married/had a baby. 

Plus I imagine most people enjoy earning their own money rather than having to rely on someone else. 

Having said these things, my mother is neither of them. She voluntarily gave up work nearly 22 years ago when she had me and chose to stay home; thankfully Dad earns enough so it's not an issue. But if she wanted to she could have a full time job. Why is the idea of choice such an anathema to these people? 

I have done both: been a SAHM and worked, both part-time and full-time. Right now, I'm working part-time, and if I didn't, there would be weeks we didn't eat. Seriously.  

But that article Lori links to, written by that woman who thinks it should be illegal for women to choose not to work, really bugs me. I thought feminism was about choices? Granted, I'm not a feminist ... but isn't the whole point of choices being able to choose not to work if we don't want/need to, and being able to work in whatever job we choose if that's what we want/need to do?

I stay home, but I take my kids to preschool/send the older to public school because if I spend 24/7 with them I start to go a little crazy. My husband travels for work, and when the youngest was teeny I called him in tears because I hadn't left the house in three days and I couldn't shower because I was afraid the older kids would accidentally smother the baby trying to give her a blanket or something. He hung up, called my mom to come over and help and we signed them all up for Mother's Day out! 

I have to admit, my Grandma and her husband got one vaccine… the polio vaccine in the late 1950s contaminated with the SV-40 virus that is infamous for causing cancer and has been found in human tumors of the brain, breast, lungs, bone, and lymph. My Grandfather later developed lymphoma and died of cancer. I never met him.

Lori, by sharing this woman's post today, has finally convinced me of the evils of vaccinations.  I mean, this woman's grandfather later died of lymphoma.  

Additionally, two commenters agree that god is the ultimate vaccine.  I confess I hadn't really looked at it this way and have revised my stand on vaccinations accordingly. 

My grandfather died of lymphoma, and I am reasonably certain he received a shit ton of vaccines courtesy of Uncle Sam (he was a Korean War veteran). 

My grandmother, I am not sure of what vaccines she has. I'm pretty sure it's a lot for a 90 year old lady. She used to be a nurse. She has no patience for anti-vaxxers, I know that much! 

Vaccines save lives. Thatisall.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:38 AM, Koala said:

It would have made a lot more sense if she had said something like, "All to put food on the table?  Pfffttt... " or "All to keep a roof over my children's heads?  Please....".  

Obviously, those realities seem far from her thoughts and experiences. It's so important to get outside of our own little bubbles sometimes. But it's easy to wind up blind to what many people have to deal with (and is not an option/choice); I've been there plenty of times, and I'm sure most of us have. And working an ebil feminist job is not the only way for women to do it -- plenty of people, including SAHMs/homemakers volunteer, join organizations or just socialize with a wide variety of people. I feel like there was a pretty solid precedent in the Bible for associating with people who were different from you, too... crazy talk, right? :my_confused:

God and vaccines have at least one thing in common- they mean a lifetime of dealing with little pricks.

*Lori's God, no offense to any actual deities intended.

2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

My grandfather died of lymphoma, and I am reasonably certain he received a shit ton of vaccines courtesy of Uncle Sam (he was a Korean War veteran). 

My grandmother, I am not sure of what vaccines she has. I'm pretty sure it's a lot for a 90 year old lady. She used to be a nurse. She has no patience for anti-vaxxers, I know that much! 

Vaccines save lives. Thatisall.

My mother-in-law is in her eighties and also used to be a nurse ... she is vehemently opposed to vaccines!! (No idea why). 

My children aren't actually vaccinated at all, but that is nothing to do with my mother-in-law, it's on the advice of a neurologist and pediatrician, due to my medical history. I'm not anti-vaccination at all, I think it's a great thing. I just thought it weird that two people of roughly the same era, who were both nurses, could hold such opposing views on such a fundamental part of medicine.

@KDA, that is strange! Of course, in the article Lori put up, my grandmother's opinion doesn't count. :my_dodgy:

And please don't think that I was judging you for not vaccinating your kids! You are doing it under the advice of medical professionals, not some holier-than-thou lady on the Internet. When I say vaccines save lives, I mean the lives of your kids and others who aren't able to be vaccinated. If herd immunity breaks down, diseases break out. :)

@TeddyBonkers I knew you weren't judging me :) And I agree wholeheartedly about vaccines/herd immunity. Where I live, the vaccination rate is relatively high, but we still have regular outbreaks of measles and whooping cough, mainly due to people travelling bringing it into the country. Very scary!  I'd like to see it made mandatory here, with exemptions only available on medical advice. I know people who still believe vaccines cause autism - they read it on the internet, so it must be true! (sarcasm)

My grandmother was a polio survivor who's only been gone since 2001, so if I had ever had children, you can bet your bottom dollar they would've been vaxxed.

17 hours ago, send*the*ferrets said:

I stay home, but I take my kids to preschool/send the older to public school because if I spend 24/7 with them I start to go a little crazy. My husband travels for work, and when the youngest was teeny I called him in tears because I hadn't left the house in three days and I couldn't shower because I was afraid the older kids would accidentally smother the baby trying to give her a blanket or something. He hung up, called my mom to come over and help and we signed them all up for Mother's Day out! 

Me, too. And Mr Wrangler used to travel a lot as well. '

School and day-care were my saviours since my family is too far away to help. Plus putting the foals into daycare meant they learnt the language they would need for school. I hear from both sides of the language divide that the first few weeks, most teachers  are overly involved  with one or more students not being able to speak French/English.

16 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Me, too. And Mr Wrangler used to travel a lot as well. '

School and day-care were my saviours since my family is too far away to help. Plus putting the foals into daycare meant they learnt the language they would need for school. I hear from both sides of the language divide that the first few weeks, most teachers  are overly involved  with one or more students not being able to speak French/English.

I taught kindergarten and I spent the first three weeks telling kids, "no, I cannot wipe your bottom" and "only one hand for scissors" :my_rolleyes:

Did anyone read the comments on the anti-vax post Lori linked? The stupid is strong there. My favorite: 

I work as a caregiver with the elderly. Most of my clients are in their 80s to early 90s. They are mostly rich people and their family takes very good care of them. Every year they dutifully take their parents to the doctor and get their flu shot. They are some of the sickest people I have seen. Most of them have dementia and alzheimer’s, and terrible joint and back pain. I also worked in a memory care facility and the nurses regularly came around and gave them their flu shot. They all had severe Alzheimer’s. My grandmother was healthy and walked to the store to get her groceries into her 90s and she never got a vaccine. Is this hard evidence? No just an observation to consider. I love caring for people and dreamed of becoming a nurse. I gave up that dream because I will not get their assortment of shots they are forcing nurses in California to take. It won’t be long before they force the private caregivers to do it as well. Then I will look for another job.

Yes, people in nursing homes are sick with stuff like dementia and Alzheimer's because they give them flu shots. That totally makes sense. And, apparently, if they didn't give them flu shots, their Alzheimer's would cure itself or something? I'm not sure. I'm a bit confused to be honest. 

I have a friend who works in the ER. She says that every once in a while, anti-vax parents brings their kid into the ER with symptoms of meningitis or tetanus or some other serious, preventable disease. She says the parents -- who knowingly never vaccinated their kids because of "chemicals" -- are often quaking in their boots that their kid has an illness that they could have been vaccinated against. I have always thought that was interesting.

Thanks heaven she thought better of not becoming a nurse, she would have made a bad one. The ignorance and lack of logical and critical thinking skills is astounding. 

10 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Thanks heaven she thought better of not becoming a nurse, she would have made a bad one. The ignorance and lack of logical and critical thinking skills is astounding. 

No kidding. 

I fear that the lack of logical and critical thinking is an epidemic in this country. That post reminds me of the people on a cancer caregiver support group going on about how "everyone" has cancer now. Their proof was that the patients at the oncology centers they take their loved one to all have cancer. Trying to explain to them that patients at a cancer center are not a good sample to determine the actual overall cancer rate was not at all successful. I suggested that by that criteria, a visit to an obstetrician's office would prove that all women are pregnant, and they still didn't get the point. 

Same people discovered that six patients among the group had taken a cholesterol drug and decided that drug must have caused the cancer in question. 

It obviously can't be because many patients affected by cancer are older and more likely to also have high cholesterol levels. It would make too much sense. :my_rolleyes: 

My youngest kept getting ear infections, over and over again. The kid was on antibiotics (a rotating assortment) for about a year until his pediatrician read something that made him think. Turns out the kid had no natural immunity to a certain bug. Fortunately, there was a vax for that. Kid got that vax and never had another ear infection! So...put me firmly in the vax 'em column. 

Today, Lori posted the following quote on FB:

"The feminization of the family has taken place in large measure because the church has mostly been silent. The church has not met the assault of feminism head-on with the sword of the Word of God. Rather, and shamefully, the Church has retreated and actually brought into her bosom many of the alien ideas of feminism. The Church has been guilty of teaching such things as egalitarian marriage." - Sharon Jayson

Don't get me wrong...it's ever so sweet of Lori to participate in publicly admonishing the church on FB for embracing the "alien ideas of feminism".  After all, she is commanded to "speak the TRUTH in love".  This isn't her or Sharon talking...it's God!

That said, when Ken was here, he described their marriage in the following way:

It might surprise you too that my marriage is very much egalitarian in the way it functions, and I like it that way. 

And for Dave, who likes to talk about how "beautiful" Lori is for being such a submissive wife, here's something else that Ken said:

I sometimes encourage her to be more balanced, but she says, "my ministry is not to men. If you want to teach men, start your own blog.' 

There you have it!  Smacked right into his place the minute he suggested Lori do anything other than exactly what she wanted.  Ever so submissive, isn't she?

He went on to say:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog

So like I was saying, as sweet as it is for humble Lori to publicly admonish pretty much everyone else she comes into contact with, she might want to consider the advice my Great-grandma gave me a long time ago.  It went as follows- "Always sweep around your own back door before you go sweeping around everyone else's".  

12 hours ago, Koala said:

I sometimes encourage her to be more balanced, but she says, "my ministry is not to men. If you want to teach men, start your own blog.' 

Well, Ken, you comment on her blinking blog, how about YOU offer that balance you're talking about! Sheesh!  Ah, you even WRITE POSTS on her blog!  

I think Ken is trying to abdicate his headship here, or in vernacular, he feels a bit uncomfortable with some reactions and is blaming his wife, as Adam did.  Don't look at me! It's her blog! Her fault! 

12 hours ago, Koala said:

So like I was saying, as sweet as it is for humble Lori to publicly admonish pretty much everyone else she comes into contact with, she might want to consider the advice my Great-grandma gave me a long time ago.  It went as follows- "Always sweep around your own back door before you go sweeping around everyone else's".  

Lori can sweep herself right down the runway into the stratosphere.  Uh oh, then she'd be a witch, and I like witches.  Forget that suggestion, please.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived