IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

I think Josh will be the, Todd Bridges of the fundie world. Todd is doing well at the moment but it took him a decade to escape the "child star" curse. Even now when another grown-up, child actor screw up, Todd's name sometimes come up as an example.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Good point! I'm searching now but am only able to pull up records dating back to last Sunday? I'll keep digging to see if I'm just having a navigation issue.

ETA: I just checked the discussion on Pickle's page. It was taken down the next day, actually.

Interesting.  I guess they caught the suspect and didn't need it to stay up.  You'd think they'd leave it up until the case went to court.  

20 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I think Josh will be the, Todd Bridges of the fundie world. Todd is doing well at the moment but it took him a decade to escape the "child star" curse. Even now when another grown-up, child actor screw up, Todd's name sometimes come up as an example.

It's not just Todd Bridges is also the other two that were on that show. 

My husband and I have both gained weight in the 10+ years we have been together. Me more than him, but I've been pregnant or nursing for most of that time, sooooo... I still hate him a little because he will forget to eat. HOW CAN YOU FORGET TO EAT?! I pretty much plan my day around eating, I can understand forgetting you have already eaten and eating twice- but not forgetting to eat altogether.

ETA- I only have three kids, they are just little leaches that like milk.

Yeah, I can't pull up any arrest records from the SPD beyond last week; I browsed through ArkansasOnline's mugshot database though, checking different theft and robbery-related charges to see if there was anyone who resembled the guy in the photo from around that time frame. I haven't come up with anything so far, this is really wracking my brain. I want answers! lol

2 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Yeah, I can't pull up any arrest records from the SPD beyond last week; I browsed through ArkansasOnline's mugshot database though, checking different theft and robbery-related charges to see if there was anyone who resembled the guy in the photo from around that time frame. I haven't come up with anything so far, this is really wracking my brain. I want answers! lol

Would it be weird to call and ask? Lol 

20 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

It's not just Todd Bridges is also the other two that were on that show. 

They're both dead.

1 hour ago, unicorncastle said:

Lol, my Grandmother is the same way. She's like "That's bullsh*t! You are German!" This is fascinating to me though. How can your dad be 100% and you 0? 

I don't think there is a major commercial DNA test that includes 'Dutch' as a category. That's way too specific. Dutch would be included in categories like Western European, French and German, British Isles, Scandinavia.

6 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

My husband and I have both gained weight in the 10+ years we have been together. Me more than him, but I've been pregnant or nursing for most of that time, sooooo... I still hate him a little because he will forget to eat. HOW CAN YOU FORGET TO EAT?! I pretty much plan my day around eating, I can understand forgetting you have already eaten and eating twice- but not forgetting to eat altogether.

ETA- I only have three kids, they are just little leaches that like milk.

Seriously. Who forgets to eat? I would for sure survive an apocalypse because I'm really mean when I'm hungry and need to eat 6 times per day. I don't eat a lot, but I need to eat frequently or else I turn into hell fire. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What a big difference from his D.C. Job with different appearances at fancy dinners to a fast food restaurant in NW Arkansas with his crying kids and dad bod.

The picture was taken yesterday (Saturday...still Sunday here) in Kentucky. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think there is a major commercial DNA test that includes 'Dutch' as a category. That's way too specific. Dutch would be included in categories like Western European, French and German, British Isles, Scandinavia.

Agreed, I wouldn't have expected it to say "Dutch," of course. What it does say is 

North and West Europe 89.0%

British and Irish 89.0%

Finnish 0%

North and West European 0%

Scandinavian 0%

I figured it's probably just not sensitive enough, but since it does distinguish in general between British and Irish and North and West European, it seemed odd.

Edit: My other results were East European 5.9% and Italian 5.1%. I was unaware of having any ancestors from those areas.

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

When Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect came out, I was very excited to learn that Todd Bridges was in it!

Yes I am showing my age and am an OG gaming nerd. My dad was an engineer, you can blame him :P

2 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Seriously. Who forgets to eat? I would for sure survive an apocalypse because I'm really mean when I'm hungry and need to eat 6 times per day. I don't eat a lot, but I need to eat frequently or else I turn into hell fire. 

@Million Children For Jesus Yes! Someone who gets me (though I sometimes do eat too much...:my_cry:). Forgetting to eat?! Inconceivable. 

12 hours ago, Stormy said:

I've noticed that there's not a lot of chubby fundie parents, aside from the typical weight gained with age (and from multiple pregnancies when it applies). I feel like it'll be a different story when the time comes for second-generation fundies to reach that point in life.

Does anyone have a link or Title of the Jill hiding food video? I don't doubt it, just can't find it. 

And yes there will be plenty of overweight fundies now that being a fundy can be made into a career. Thanks largely in part to the Duggars and their antics. 

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

Now, here's a portrait of a guy who's content with his lot in life 

FB_IMG_1490550179862.jpg

How do you get such a large beer belly when you don't even drink beer? Lmao 

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

The picture was taken yesterday (Saturday...still Sunday here) in Kentucky. 

If he can afford to travel with a family of 6, he must not be too broke. Do you know why he is in Kentucky? 

Does anyone know of a Susanna Keller engagement thread? My search feature just spins in circles without giving results. I read an article a couple of months ago that said Josh and Anna would not attend Susanna's wedding because they didn't approve of her lifestyle. (Living in sin and Disney cruises and all.) When was/is the wedding? Any info on the guy?  I know he has a daughter already. 

I don't let reality get in the way too often so for my personal enjoyment I choose to believe Josh's weight gain is a diabolical plot by Anna. She is making sure tater tot casseroles are joyfully available and is going to feed that s.o.b. into an early grave or at least into a situation where they can't find his penis anymore. 

Here is my experience with AncestryDNA...

I am adopted.  I found my birth mom about 16 years ago and we have had a relationship ever since.  She has told me from day one that she is half Cherokee; she grew up on the Oconoluftee reservation in NC and her father was 100% Cherokee.  I have two half brothers who have been with her since they were born and this is the story they have known their whole lives.   She is talking about her NA culture and history CONSTANTLY.

She has also said that she was orphaned at age 7 when her parents died, and she was then adopted by a family in Wisconsin - which is where I was born.  I was born on 12/21/xx at 11:58 AM at Elmbrook Hospital in Brookfield, WI.

I took the DNA test to get my paternal heritage, but what I discovered was so much more.  I am 0% Native American.  Not a DROP.  I am 95% Eastern European.

So....unless there was another baby girl born on 12/21/xx at 11:58AM At Elmbrook in Brookfield, who was subsequently given up for adoption and this woman is not actually my birth mom (the odds of this are microscopic, especially if you look at us - we are basically twins)....she's made EVERYTHING up about her NA heritage.  Which...yeah.  That is what has happened.

So my dilemma now is confronting her with all this.  I told my half brother's wife (who I am especially close with) and she agrees we need to confront her (she hasn't gold her husband yet, who she said will be devastated).  It's just going to be a massive blowup.  We want my half brother to get his DNA done first, so we have backup.

Welcome to my clusterfuck!

19 minutes ago, HandHoldingHeathen said:

Here is my experience with AncestryDNA...

I am adopted.  I found my birth mom about 16 years ago and we have had a relationship ever since.  She has told me from day one that she is half Cherokee; she grew up on the Oconoluftee reservation in NC and her father was 100% Cherokee.  I have two half brothers who have been with her since they were born and this is the story they have known their whole lives.   She is talking about her NA culture and history CONSTANTLY.

She has also said that she was orphaned at age 7 when her parents died, and she was then adopted by a family in Wisconsin - which is where I was born.  I was born on 12/21/xx at 11:58 AM at Elmbrook Hospital in Brookfield, WI.

I took the DNA test to get my paternal heritage, but what I discovered was so much more.  I am 0% Native American.  Not a DROP.  I am 95% Eastern European.

So....unless there was another baby girl born on 12/21/xx at 11:58AM At Elmbrook in Brookfield, who was subsequently given up for adoption and this woman is not actually my birth mom (the odds of this are microscopic, especially if you look at us - we are basically twins)....she's made EVERYTHING up about her NA heritage.  Which...yeah.  That is what has happened.

So my dilemma now is confronting her with all this.  I told my half brother's wife (who I am especially close with) and she agrees we need to confront her (she hasn't gold her husband yet, who she said will be devastated).  It's just going to be a massive blowup.  We want my half brother to get his DNA done first, so we have backup.

Welcome to my clusterfuck!

Maybe she didn't make it up and the man she thought was her biological father really isn't?

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Agreed, I wouldn't have expected it to say "Dutch," of course. What it does say is 

North and West Europe 89.0%

British and Irish 89.0%

Finnish 0%

North and West European 0%

Scandinavian 0%

I figured it's probably just not sensitive enough, but since it does distinguish in general between British and Irish and North and West European, it seemed odd.

Edit: My other results were East European 5.9% and Italian 5.1%. I was unaware of having any ancestors from those areas.

In my experience, yeah, it's definitely not sensitive enough, and all the tests have an issue with confusing Western Europe and British Isles. I'm not sure what company you tested with, but they all have that problem. Frankly I think the various DNA companies engage in false advertising. I've seen those commercials with some dude saying, "I always thought I was German, but my DNA test told me I was Scottish!" Like... it's not going to tell you that. Maybe you'll get some close DNA matches that prove you had a major error in your family tree, but that's another can of worms entirely!

11 minutes ago, Letizia said:

Maybe she didn't make it up and the man she thought was her biological father really isn't?

Lots of people lie about having Native American heritage (especially Cherokee, it's almost always Cherokee), but that's definitely a possibility. It's also possible that someone lied to her. Maybe her adoptive family told her that story because they thought she 'looked Native' and thought it sounded cool. My grandpa was adopted and his adoptive mother had this whole tale about his birth mother dying, his birth father going away to war, coming home, remarrying, the new wife not wanting the baby - it was total b.s.!

My father is a pathological liar so I get that this her lying is a distinct possibility. But be aware that this may be something she doesn't know when you approach her. Also, as people stated upthread, NA heritage may not reflect NA DNA. Her father or she may have been adopted or otherwise become a part of a tribe without having NA DNA specifically.

2 hours ago, Letizia said:

I don't let reality get in the way too often so for my personal enjoyment I choose to believe Josh's weight gain is a diabolical plot by Anna. She is making sure tater tot casseroles are joyfully available and is going to feed that s.o.b. into an early grave or at least into a situation where they can't find his penis anymore. 

I can't blame her, but I hope that at least the kiddos get some proper meals every once in a while.

10 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I do sometimes. I've woken up at 7 a.m., then gone till 11 p.m. and only then realized "I haven't eaten? Crap!"

About the speculations of the weight gain being related to his ideas of what a healthy meal looks like (which in turn is seen as a result of his upbringing): how come none of his (married) siblings are overweight? Both Jill and Jessa have a healthy weight, and their husbands aren't overweight either. Yet they grew up in the same household and ate the same meals. If you consider his upbringing to have caused his ideas of what a healthy meal looks like, shouldn't this be visible in the households of his siblings as well?

I’m not trying to say that it can’t be that his weight gain is related to his warped views of healthy food, but I don’t think that it's necessarily related to his upbringing, considering that obesity doesn’t seem to be that much of an issue amongst his siblings. Nor are his kids overweight.

1 minute ago, Marly said:

About the speculations of the weight gain being related to his ideas of what a healthy meal looks like (which in turn is seen as a result of his upbringing): how come none of his (married) siblings are overweight?

Because the women are told to keep up their appearance for their man, and the men aren't told anything like that? Ben likes to work out as a hobby, Jeremy was/is athletic, and Derick has had the jaw surgery that's been an impediment to any potential weight gain.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived