IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it has more to do with his moving out on his own and not having to hide in the bathroom to hoard food like Jill.

I bet when Jill Rod's kids get married and move out they will gain a few pounds as well. It's the fundie way.

I've noticed that there's not a lot of chubby fundie parents, aside from the typical weight gained with age (and from multiple pregnancies when it applies). I feel like it'll be a different story when the time comes for second-generation fundies to reach that point in life.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Is anyone else mildly concerned that Josh might kill himself? I mean, I know he did garbage things, but the guy's gotta be at the end of his rope. With no real help being given to him, I just can't see this situation ending well. For anyone involved! 

Death by Chik-fil-A?

I don't see him overtly killing himself, though I wouldn't be surprised if he's depressed and consoling himself in Gothard-approved ways.  I also don't think he looks especially bad in the photo.  If I were him, I'd grow a beard and would be wearing a hat and dark glasses whenever possible.

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it has more to do with his moving out on his own and not having to hide in the bathroom to hoard food like Jill.

I bet when Jill Rod's kids get married and move out they will gain a few pounds as well. It's the fundie way.

What is the story behind hoarding food in the bathroom? 

ETA:  found the bathroom eating thread and ew

3 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Is anyone else mildly concerned that Josh might kill himself? I mean, I know he did garbage things, but the guy's gotta be at the end of his rope. With no real help being given to him, I just can't see this situation ending well. For anyone involved! 

Yes, I most certainly do think he's high-risk for this. He did what he did, he probably feels bad, he's trying to redeem himself, not sure how the business is going, bless Anna for continuing to work on the marriage, and if he really doesn't want this baby, I'm sure he feels stuck. Not to mention how he gets snarked on and tries to keep it from happening. I can totally see him feeling he can't do anything right, his life is useless, and on and on. Maybe the fear of how Anna would do as a single parent is the only thing keeping him going. Maybe he's trying to build up insurance, and find a way to make it look like an accident. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear of him suddenly dying. How long, after Robin Williams's death did we know it was suicide?

5 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Maybe he's trying to build up insurance, and find a way to make it look like an accident. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear of him suddenly dying. How long, after Robin Williams's death did we know it was suicide

If a Duggar or Duggar spouse ever died that way, there is no way they would ever tell us it was a suicide. And I really hope Josh isn't headed in that direction. No one deserves to deal with depression, especially to that extent. And if anyone reading this is depressed or feels themselves heading in that direction, please know that, as cliche as it is, you are not alone and no one will judge you for seeing a therapist. Life always has a funny way of working out. 

I just went to pickles page and looked again at the picture of the group at the Ark. One of the comments said how large Josh looked. In that picture, in a light blue polo shirt, Josh, standing behind Anna, does look quite large. In the pic here at the restaurant he is not that big. Unless that isn't him. 

I think people have been speculating for a while, since the original scandal, that Josh may get desperate enough to commit suicide. I hope that he never gets to that point because he has a wife and 5 children who need him. 

@Million Children For Jesus--Is this the article you found?

http://www.businessinsider.com/body-measurements-of-average-american-man-2013-9

The main thing I noticed about Josh in that picture is that his hairline looks pretty good. Maybe it's just the angle, but it doesn't look like his hairline has receded very far.

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Million Children For Jesus--Is this the article you found?

http://www.businessinsider.com/body-measurements-of-average-american-man-2013-9

The main thing I noticed about Josh in that picture is that his hairline looks pretty good. Maybe it's just the angle, but it doesn't look like his hairline has receded very far.

That's it! The part I keyed in on was...

"A normal BMI ranges from 18.5 to 24.9. A BMI of 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight, and anything over 30 is obese..." The average middle aged American man has a BMI of 29, on the high end of overweight, almost obese. Business Insider also has an article on the fattest states in America that says, "With an adult obesity rate of 35.9 percent, Arkansas was found to be America's fattest state." 

As it was previously mentioned, the guy grew up on tater tots, and now he is stuck home all day in isolation with his control freak dad and soon-to-be 5 kids he can't support. He might be doing some emotional eating, but his size is par for the course for an American from Arkansas. 

I wonder if perhaps josh saw an actual psychiatrist, was put on antidepressants, and that has led to weight gain? 

4 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

I wonder if perhaps josh saw an actual psychiatrist, was put on antidepressants, and that has led to weight gain? 

I hope that he and Anna are both getting legit help. I don't think they would do that, though. :(

I don't give two fucks about Josh's weight, but I do love how his current shape further legitimizes the speculation that he was the Dollar General thief. Satan's fortress is intense with that one. :pb_rollseyes:

5 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I hope that he and Anna are both getting legit help. I don't think they would do that, though. :(

I don't think they are getting legit help.  

5 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Whatever, let's ignore that disgusting thing on the left. Meredith is a cutie 

Meredith is absolutely adorable.  She's my favorite out of all the little ones.  I really wish we saw more of her; although, in the long run, it's not healthy for these kids to be on reality tv, so I guess the limited exposure is probably good for her.  

And to be fair, I don't blame her for crying (that's what it looks like to me).  I'd be crying too if I had to sit next to Joshy.  

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I don't think they are getting legit help.  

I highly doubt it, but it would be nice if that were the reason- because then an actual medical professional would be overseeing everything and could make adjustments and monitor for suicide risk. I think they would see that as a personal failure and showing lack of faith- I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a fundie saying they have had real depression? Michelle had the laundry room break down, but it was cured by prayer and somebody to do laundry.

2 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

Michelle had the laundry room break down, but it was cured by prayer and somebody to do laundry.

Laundry room breakdown? What happened? 

I don't think they are getting legit help because I don't think they trust an outsider to interfer with them.  I think they feel if they just pray and go to a Pastor for counseling it will be better.  

On 3/25/2017 at 0:40 PM, Rachel333 said:

True, but like you said it would be pretty odd if you had nothing from your grandmother.

In my case my dad is 100% Dutch and I got 0% Dutch on the DNA test. I look exactly like my dad and he looks like his dad, so I doubt mistaken paternity is the case!

I did get a kick out of telling my grandmother that I'm apparently not Dutch at all. Her Dutch ancestry is really important to her and she's always made a big deal about how Dutch I look. She was outraged by what the test said. :pb_lol:

Lol, my Grandmother is the same way. She's like "That's bullsh*t! You are German!" This is fascinating to me though. How can your dad be 100% and you 0? 

11 minutes ago, mizandry said:

I don't give two fucks about Josh's weight, but I do love how his current shape further legitimizes the speculation that he was the Dollar General thief. Satan's fortress is intense with that one. :pb_rollseyes:

I thought this about Dollar General, too! Any news on that? 

I doubt very much they would receive any real counseling. They are punch drunk on Bill Gothard's blame-the-victim Kool-Aid, and like any abuser worth his salt, Gothard made sure to discredit anyone who might speak against him. This little gem came from ChicagoMag.com's article, "The Cult Next Door"

"One of its most dramatic allegations involves a young woman on staff who asked for guidance on dealing with the emotional fallout of having been raped at age 11 (by someone not in the organization). The suit alleges Gothard discouraged the staffer from seeking outside psychological treatment. “No, a professional counselor would ruin you and all your potential to serve the Lord,” the lawsuit alleges Gothard told the woman. “Professional counselors do not know how to work with abused girls, only I do.” "

10 minutes ago, Galbin said:

Laundry room breakdown? What happened? 

I don't remember the specifics, but it was around the time they had 8-9 kids maybe? And all of them were fairly young obviously. Michelle was overwhelmed with all the laundry and upkeep and basically lost it in the laundry room, crying and praying. Then the next week somebody in their church who just loved doing laundry offered to come over and help. Or something like that. 

I always hated the Josh weight speculation, but now that I have a kid, I REALLY hate it. Haha. I LOVE my life, and my kid, and my (not stick-thin) adorable, bearded husband. I also look pretty ragged most days, especially when running errands or grabbing a quick bite. This picture is neither surprising nor snark-worthy.

11 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I thought this about Dollar General, too! Any news on that? 

I've been keeping an eye out... I'd definitely love some answers to that whole thing, even if it's not Josh.

Unfortunately though I haven't heard anything :\ I know the Springdale Police Department deleted the Facebook post not long after putting it up, which I found incredibly odd - their tweet is still there, though, so I've responded to it just now asking if they ever identified the guy. I'm not sure they'll see it since my twitter is set to private, though, but I'll let you all know if I hear back! 

Seriously though that whole thing is just too weird for me to not have my own private conspiracy theory about what could be going on, but since I'm drawing that all from very little information, I've been opting to keep my mouth shut about it. Still... 

11 minutes ago, mizandry said:

I've been keeping an eye out... I'd definitely love some answers to that whole thing, even if it's not Josh.

Unfortunately though I haven't heard anything :\ I know the Springdale Police Department deleted the Facebook post not long after putting it up, which I found incredibly odd - their tweet is still there, though, so I've responded to it just now asking if they ever identified the guy. I'm not sure they'll see it since my twitter is set to private, though, but I'll let you all know if I hear back! 

Seriously though that whole thing is just too weird for me to not have my own private conspiracy theory about what could be going on, but since I'm drawing that all from very little information, I've been opting to keep my mouth shut about it. Still... 

They took it down?  That makes me think they've got the person they were looking for in custody.  Arrest records are usually public.  Have you tried looking at the arrest records for that day?  

On 3/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, Rachel333 said:

True, but like you said it would be pretty odd if you had nothing from your grandmother.

In my case my dad is 100% Dutch and I got 0% Dutch on the DNA test. I look exactly like my dad and he looks like his dad, so I doubt mistaken paternity is the case!

I did get a kick out of telling my grandmother that I'm apparently not Dutch at all. Her Dutch ancestry is really important to her and she's always made a big deal about how Dutch I look. She was outraged by what the test said. :pb_lol:

Similar here.  My dad was 100% Dutch and my husband is 100% Korean, so I always figured my kids were 50% Korean, 25% Dutch and 25% whatever my mom is, random English/Celtic whatever.  I'm not good at math, though.  Or statistics.  Or genetics.   :my_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

They took it down?  That makes me think they've got the person they were looking for in custody.  Arrest records are usually public.  Have you tried looking at the arrest records for that day?  

Good point! I'm searching now but am only able to pull up records dating back to last Sunday? I'll keep digging to see if I'm just having a navigation issue.

ETA: I just checked the discussion on Pickle's page. It was taken down the next day, actually.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived