IGNORED

Anna and the M Kids Pt 9: M5 Expected

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Her other four children have "M" names.

It took me a disgustingly long time to get this. I need to go back to bed. :pb_lol:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol! please tell me you took this photo yourself?! I have to say, I've got portly-er friends than him. He's definitely gained weight but he doesn't look AWFUL, I don't think.

That seems like a dramatic change in a very short period of time to me. I'm quite stunned. 

I have an element of feeling sorry for him here. Feel a bit "eek" for saying it, but I do. 

35 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Now, here's a portrait of a guy who's content with his lot in life 

FB_IMG_1490550179862.jpg

I actually yelled "Oh my God!" In horror at this sight. He looks so gross. Poor Anna.

Is anyone else mildly concerned that Josh might kill himself? I mean, I know he did garbage things, but the guy's gotta be at the end of his rope. With no real help being given to him, I just can't see this situation ending well. For anyone involved! 

Meh, it's a bad photo, he obviously didn't know it was being taken, and he looks like he's in the middle of saying something. He's definitely gained weight, but that's nothing new, he's been carrying extra weight more or less since his first kid was born. With regards to the beard, he's been rocking that in various forms for years now. I think he was actually the first in the Duggar realm to grow a beard, and it was kind of a big deal when he did. He was cutting edge, lol.

Wow. He looks a lot different than the family pics they had taken a little while back. First thing I thought of was depression. I know i gain weight when i am depressed. 

I may not like him, but I can't say that he looks all that bad in the photo.  He looks like plenty of people of his age do. Even if you were skinny when you were younger (and he was more solid than skinny) if you don't particularly exercise and you think tater tot casserole is part of a healthy diet, then that starts to catch up with you.  Add that to stress and the chubb will pile on.

I actually think the beard is a good idea. I think portlier men look better with some of the larger head area covered by beard. Slims them down a bit in the face. Not to mention making him a bit less recognizable in public.  

Still wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, but it's not that shocking of a photo. 

40 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

What's with the beard? i thought that was a no-no in Gothard-land. 

I think with between Ben and Jeremy's beards (and then Dericks long hair) they've probably changed their standards. I think I read somewhere that their style is allowed to evolve with the times/society to a degree so they are better able to communicate and represent their religion?

Ben and Jeremy aren't Gothardites...just run of the mill nut-job fundies. Neither is Dreck. So, since they are the Y-chromosome carriers, they can do what they want. Who knows how far they've bought into the bullshit. Josh is the one who is bathed in the kool-aid. 

It looks like Meredith is crying, so I assume that he's talking to her and thus distracted from the person taking the picture. I wouldn't look my best either.  Like @jerkit said, Josh loses and gains weight quite quickly. 

39 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. He looks a lot different than the family pics they had taken a little while back. First thing I thought of was depression. I know i gain weight when i am depressed. 

If there's one time I ever feel kind of bad for Josh, it's when discussing his weight. It might be a sign of depression or stress.

He also was given zero freaking nutritional education from his parents (not like JB and M gave much of an education on anything). They fed those kids absolute garbage back in the day, and the few times they got outside to exercise, no one was wearing appropriate clothing.

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

If there's one time I ever feel kind of bad for Josh, it's when discussing his weight. It might be a sign of depression or stress.

He also was given zero freaking nutritional education from his parents (not like JB and M gave much of an education on anything). They fed those kids absolute garbage back in the day, and the few times they got outside to exercise, no one was wearing appropriate clothing.

Exactly.

I feel really uncomfortable speculating about other people's physical or mental health for many reasons. So I'm not going to. I will say that I do hope he's doing ok under the circumstances because he has four - soon to be five - little kids at home who likely need him.

As much as I don't like Josh, I'm gonna have to second that age + four kids (and one on the way) + lifelong bad eating habits + bad times = weight gain. I'm not sure what everyone expected. It's probably going to happen to all his siblings and in-laws, too. There's no switch that gets turned on in bad people that turns them into bloated messes once their sins are exposed. He doesn't even fit that description; he looks like an ordinary, scruffy dude with dad bod.

59 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

I actually yelled "Oh my God!" In horror at this sight. He looks so gross. Poor Anna.

Meh. He certainly looks gross to me, mostly because I know he really is gross inside, and also he's super not my type physically. But I wouldn't be surprised if Anna isn't bothered by his physical changes. I don't think I would be, if I loved my husband and his looks changed in a similar way as Josh's have.

She could even be glad about it, thinking it might make him less likely to cheat again. If he suddenly started working out, eating right, dressing nicer, and using Rogaine, she might have a bigger problem with that.

What a big difference from his D.C. Job with different appearances at fancy dinners to a fast food restaurant in NW Arkansas with his crying kids and dad bod.

He looks like a normal 35-year-old dad. Of course, he's only 29, but this is what half the dads in my area look like.  Spare tire, beard, tired. Besides, Americans are chubby, even the ones who aren't depressed. I'm going to gag this out... I like the beard. He has a very round face and a shitty rat-bite grin that gives him major creep factor. The beard tones it down. 

Here is an article about the size of the average American man. Spoiler Alert: You might want to move to the Netherlands after reading this. 

Oops. My link didn't work. It's the Business Insider article titled, "Here's What The Average American Man Looks Like Compared to Men in Other Countries"

6 minutes ago, Stormy said:

As much as I don't like Josh, I'm gonna have to second that age + four kids (and one on the way) + lifelong bad eating habits + bad times = weight gain. I'm not sure what everyone expected. It's probably going to happen to all his siblings and in-laws, too. There's no switch that gets turned on in bad people that turns them into bloated messes once their sins are exposed. He doesn't even fit that description; he looks like an ordinary, scruffy dude with dad bod.

I think it has more to do with his moving out on his own and not having to hide in the bathroom to hoard food like Jill.

I bet when Jill Rod's kids get married and move out they will gain a few pounds as well. It's the fundie way.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived