IGNORED

Hypocrisy, Thy Name Is Republican

47of74

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

And it's so many of them too! Like trying to hide but it's gonna come out.

The problem is: nothing happens to them when it does come out. If it was a Dem, he would have been fried. But with the "magic R" after his name, he can just shrug and doesn't have to pay a price.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The problem is: nothing happens to them when it does come out. If it was a Dem, he would have been fried. But with the "magic R" after his name, he can just shrug and doesn't have to pay a price.

That's the other side of the coin with all of this crap. I'm so glad this came out because I believe it is reflective of most GOP muckity-mucks. Abortion is still legal because they don't want it to be illegal. What would they do with their pregnant mistresses, their pregnant daughters, especially when said daughter got pregnant by an unacceptable guy.

But when this is reveal, they somehow seem to be able to control the information, shutting it down, despite the fact that the media is liberal and against them. Right.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

Abortion is still legal because they don't want it to be illegal. What would they do with their pregnant mistresses, their pregnant daughters, especially when said daughter got pregnant by an unacceptable guy.

Oh, even if it was illegal, they have enough money to ensure their girlfriends, wives, daughters, etc, can have an abortion if they (the hypocritical male Repug decision-maker) wants it.

• Upvote 4

Awww, Rep. Murphy is going to take some time off to be with his family. Isn't that sweet? How much money will it take to keep the family together? Or maybe his clueless wife will kick him out. He smells like week-old fish now.

• Upvote 6

I'm a foster parent. Congress refuses to fix our foster care system. Congress refuses to help poor kids. But they hate abortion. They hate healthcare. But they get pregnant and want to abort they can

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Awww, Rep. Murphy is going to take some time off to be with his family. Isn't that sweet? How much money will it take to keep the family together? Or maybe his clueless wife will kick him out. He smells like week-old fish now.

You know, I'm honestly surprised that he didn't try to fix this by having one of those horrid press conferences where the the guilty party cries and talks about how his family and the Baby Jesus have forgiven him for his extracurricular activities.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

You know, I'm honestly surprised that he didn't try to fix this by having one of those horrid press conferences where the the guilty party cries and talks about how his family and the Baby Jesus have forgiven him for his extracurricular activities.

He told this woman in a text or email that his staff was the source of all the Pro-life stuff, he doesn't really believe it. And his chief-of-staff(?) said he is a shit. He was done, Pro-lifers would never trust him again.

Since he's bailing at the end of the month, I guess the wife has called her lawyer. He doesn't want to be in the public eye while this divorce happens.

My suspicious mind wonders if he had been lying to mistress about leaving the wife and she finally realized it and got her revenge. After all there wasn't really a baby. Epic take down.

• Upvote 6

On 10/5/2017 at 9:13 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Yeah, it seems to be par for the course.  I remember when a certain former Senator got caught making a wide stance in an airport shithouse and he was immediately there with an excuse filled press conference.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, here's another member of the GOP hypocrite hot tub

Rick Halvorsen, the former chairman of the Warren County Republicans, who pleaded guilty to incest was arrested again last week for breaking a no-contact order.

According to a police report, Halvorsen followed his daughter while she was at work Sept. 24. The former GOP chairman was arrested in May for reportedly performing sex acts with the same adult daughter between June 1 and Oct. 30, 2016.

Halvorsen allegedly drove by his daughter's place of work and made eye contact with her. His daughter and a witness then left work to get another vehicle parked at Simpson College. Halvorsen allegedly followed the two and the witness got a picture of him.

The daughter and her coworker took the picture to the police department, and while they were explaining the situation to the police, Halvorsen allegedly drove by the police department twice. According to police officer Brian Stern, Halvorsen was driving much slower than the posted speed limit of 25 mph.

• WTF 8

12 hours ago, 47of74 said:

:puke-right:

So, when he refused to get out of the car the third time they asked him to, why didn't they shoot him dead? They're going to regret that, he'll probably sue them after he's acquitted of the incest charges.

Seriously, that bio that I'm assuming he wrote himself...mother of god!

• Upvote 4

I read the article, and his wife is totally floating down the river of denial with a big ol' blanket over her head. That won't end well. :pb_confused:

From the article posted above by @47of74:

According to a biography on Halvorsen on the Warren County GOP's website, he served at least three terms as chairman and was co-chair of the local party for several years.

"At this time I have a burning desire to help put limits back on government in as many ways as possible, because I believe that the meddling of our government in places they shouldn't have been meddling is a great part of why our economy has crashed," Halvorsen wrote. "I feel that all of the life experiences I have lived through all these years will lend itself well to me someday should I decide to run for an elected office in the future, but for now my goal is to help take back control of the Republican Party from those who have hijacked it and don't have the values in mind that were in the forefront when the Republican (sic) was started."

In other words, he has a "burning desire" to have sex with his adult daughter and wants the government to sit down and shut up about it, because freedom!!! :martian-disgust:

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

:puke-right:

So, when he refused to get out of the car the third time they asked him to, why didn't they shoot him dead? They're going to regret that, he'll probably sue them after he's acquitted of the incest charges.

Seriously, that bio that I'm assuming he wrote himself...mother of god!

Yeah, I noticed that.  If he had been a minority and/or someone who didn't look very wealthy they probably would've hosed down the vehicle with bullets.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 10/3/2017 at 10:58 PM, 47of74 said:

What a sanctimonious clod.  He couldn't give two shits about human life once it's popped out of the womb.  I really cannot stand these reich to life hypocrites. 

I've accepted that most pro-lifers don't give a shit about babies.  It's all about controlling those uppity women who think they have a say over their own bodies and lives without input from the penis people.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

• 1 month later...

This op-ed from rantt.com is spot on.

The Terminal Rot At The GOP’s Core

When Hillary Clinton called a swath of Trump supporters a “basket of deplorables,” you could practically hear the groaning of political consultants and the feigned outrage of right-wing pundits the moment the words left her lips. She was going against the narrative laid out by Fox Newsand Breitbart and swallowed hook, line, and sinker by traditional media. The narrative that Trump voters were just fed up with globalism and the sneering “coastal elites” who looked down on their old-fashioned, wholesome ways, deaf to their economic anxiety.

Red America, we were told, was simply looking for accountability in government and results from their elected officials, something they feel they hadn’t gotten for some time now. Any accusations of racism, xenophobia, backwards nihilism, and malicious tribalism, despite those being the primary themes of Trump’s campaign, were just liberal PC hysterics, right-wing talking heads accosted us. Clinton’s remarks, in stark contrast to the right’s talking points, were asking us to consider that maybe, just maybe, there’s a plurality of Trump backers who deep down, simply aren’t good people. It didn’t go over well.

Yet, almost a year into the Trump presidency, we found that virtually none of the things we were told about his voters was true, that they were soothing fiction they and their favorite East Coast millionaires on TV and the web told each other and the world.

They have refused to hold Trump accountable for his failures, pretending that it was Obama sleeping in and golfing every weekend even though that’s a Trumpian trademark. Conservatives who still vote with him more than 9 times out of 10 but disagree on his governing philosophy are branded as liberal traitors for not worshipping the ground The Orange One walks on by the apoplectic denizens of right-wing social media demanding they be purged from the GOP.

They refuse to take advantage of free career training also offering free food and job placement to improve their future. They sing praises to Trump for “bringing America back” as he isolates us from the world stage by deferring to tin-pot dictators he admires and sabotages our reach, standing, and lucrative trade deals by pretending that all other nations are incapable of functioning without America as an economic partner. Much like a delusional “pick up artist,” he thinks that if he negs other countries enough, they’ll put out, financially speaking. He talks tough on Twitter though, and this is apparently enough for his political fan club.

But yet, none of this is necessarily bad on its own. Hypocritical and self-deceptive, sure, but not exactly reeking of evil. No, the really disturbing traits of the MAGA crowd were trying to justify a Nazi march in Charlottesville by blaming the Soros-Illuminati-Antifa bogeyman, their support for assaulting reporters, their advocacy for sociopathic disdain and outright racism towards their fellow citizens, their daily defense of Trump’s corruption while obsessing over any possible conflict of interest to the left, real or imagined, and now, as the cherry on top of an excrement sundae, defending pedophilia as being better than being liberal.

On the off chance you were trapped under a rock with no access to the outside world, allow me to elaborate. Roy Moore, a judge who managed to get kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court twice for disregarding the law in favor of his personal theocratic doctrine, was exposed by the Washington Post for preying on a 14-year-old girl when he was in his early 30s, as well as pursuing a 16 and an 18-year-old. In response, he alleged a media conspiracy to smear him in a hurried fundraising e-mail blast, issued rambling statements which were little more than the typical Trumpian buzzword salad of furious indignation with repeated chants of “fake news,” and demanded a retraction with threats of a lawsuit.

Of course, this is all par for the course for predators and it’s hardly the point that DA Bad Touch would deny the growing reports of his inappropriate actions. No, the real tragedy here is that the Republican media machine and his state’s party apparatchiks immediately ran interference for him. Breitbart, under Steve Bannon’s obvious direction, excused him as just an old-fashioned romantic in consensual relationships with girls a tad younger than proper and sent reporters to try and discredit the Post’s sources. His supporters rushed to denounce the reports as lies by “desperate Democrats” almost instantly. Fox News picked up where Breitbart left off, portraying his victims as liars while dismissing his actions as much ado about nothing if true. It’s as if they read the Narcissist’s Prayer and decided that was the perfect playbook.

But the Alabama GOP really took it to a new level as county chairs rushed to dismiss or downplay the story while vehemently rejecting the idea that his Democratic challenger, Doug Jones, could possibly deserve a vote. In other words, they’d rather cast a ballot for a pedophile than anyone with a D next to their name because said pedophile hates all the same things and people they do, and is a Republican.

Even worse, some tried to invoke faith to defend his lack of self-control by citing that many mothers in the Bible were teenagers married to older men, forgetting that we don’t live in the ancient Middle East and have different standards for appropriate behavior. Do Alabama Republicans really think it’s fine for a 30-something to kidnap and violently try to strip a 16 year old as she fought back, tell her no one will believe her, then leave creepy notes in her high school yearbook, and have those in power bury the story for decades because they wanted to make sure that Moore wouldn’t face consequences for his predatory actions and further their agendas?

Even worse, 37% of Evangelicals in Alabama said they were now more likelyto vote for Moore in light of the new revelations. The values embraced by these so-called values voters appear to be child abuse, homophobia, racism, and authoritarianism. Since mathematically, the “liberal elites” they so despise know them and/or are related to them, it stands to reason that instead of hating urbanites and liberals for demeaning and not understanding them, they loathe them for knowing exactly what lies beneath the media-friendly talking points and insist on holding them accountable for their amoral, abusive tribalism.

Just ask yourself what kind of people want to vote for a lawless, Bible-thumping pedophile whose proclivities were ignored for decades over someone who put KKK terrorists in jail for killing four young girls. How comfortable would you feel around them? Would you call them decent people with a functioning moral compass? Or would you start wondering exactly why they wouldn’t want to vote for someone who prosecuted Klansmen and let your mind go to some very dark and unpleasant places?

When the media invaded small towns and exurban America after Trump’s shocking electoral upset, they wanted to see countless stories about themselves as quirky, old-fashioned hard workers, sick and tired of Washington playing with their lives. They were rewarded with a tsunami of such tales, but underneath, almost every one of them noted the undercurrent of entitlement and racial animus. As the recent Politico profile of Johnstown, PA shows, these themes have only gotten more attention as years on the right-wing beat have shown those “coastal elites” that no, they didn’t misread or misunderstand their subjects, and this is really what they think.

Far from exonerating them to the public at large, these long-form exposes confirmed many of the worst stereotypes about them. Trump voters demanding that the media focus on them certainly got what they wanted. Now, they’re livid at what the media found when they really started digging. The myth of small town, wholesome Americana is dying, and as it does, the dirty secrets of these places are coming out, like a collection of H.P. Lovecraft stories where the extraterrestrial monsters turn out to be normal people doing monstrous things no one wants to acknowledge as not to break the Norman Rockwell-esque façade.

A while ago, I warned that the GOP was rapidly becoming unmoored from conservatism and embracing angry, tribal populism at epidemic levels. At one point, I implied it was trying to change the country from a shining city on a hill into an old hoarder’s decrepit mansion filled with nostalgic symbols of greatness long passed. I’ll still stand by this metaphor but say that it’s incomplete. That mansion also has a nasty termite infestation, dry rot behind the walls, and sewage pipes in the living room and master bedroom have sprung leaks the occupant refuses to fix despite the stench and squishy floors. It’s no longer just a fixer-upper. It’s a total teardown with few salvageable parts.

Consider that the same people now defending Moore were convinced that a pizza place in DC was part of Hillary Clinton’s secret child sex slave ring and needed to be investigated just a few months ago, and weeks prior, were busy rightfully pillorying Weinstein and most of Hollywood for the rampant sexual abuse in the entertainment industry. Now, faced with a child molester running for the seat left vacant by Jeff Sessions and unable to get rid of him due to Alabama’s ballot laws, they’re rushing to his defense. The naked hypocrisy that would be mind-blowing just a few years ago was almost expected because, after Trump, there is no moral bottom anymore. Or decency. Or truth. Or facts.

Whoa, whoa, hold on, the right will protest, there you go again, calling everyone you don’t like racists and bigots. Except this isn’t a question of being PC. This is about calling NFL players racial slurs with disdain to wide-eyed reporters because they spoke their minds. This is about insisting that you’re being discriminated against in favor of minorities despite never being able to show a single incident of this, assuming that if minority candidates get the job, there’s no way they could’ve been better-qualified candidates but received preferential treatment. And this is about insisting that people unlike them be treated like second-class citizens because they’re different and therefore, must be punished for being different.

It’s also about the lowering of standards and lacking actual principles as demonstrated by the right’s embrace of whataboutism. Like the Soviet authoritarians before them, the MAGA crowd has embraced this fallacy to deflect any criticism by changing the topic to the perceived or real failings of others. Every other sentence on Fox News now starts with “but what about?” as if the contributors and pundits are getting paid by the number of times they use that phrase. They’re not even pretending to look for higher moral ground, they’re looking for excuses to stay in the gutter and wallow in their own delusions of righteousness and grandeur. If they can’t accomplish their goals, they’ll comfort themselves in the failures of their many enemies.

The same can be seen in the right’s love affair with trolling. In a recent episode of Last Week Tonight, John Oliver tore into Fox and Friends celebrating Trump’s trolling about whether or not we’re about to start a nuclear war with North Korea — and as a reminder for the readers who may not be sure, nuclear war is a bad thing — saying that nowhere in the Midwest are there laid-off factory workers cheering the fact that an NYT reporter got freaked out by the presidents’ latest antics instead of wondering where the new jobs are. But he’s wrong. There absolutely are and they proudly said so to numerous reporters and pundits. If they can’t get better healthcare or new jobs, their standards for winning are being lowered to trolldom.

And this brings us back to Clinton’s basket of deplorables. Can we really look at what the MAGA faithful have been up to, what they’re cheering, and how they’ve dealt with criticism and the media spotlight and honestly say that the vast majority of them are good people? Are we going to call those who shrugged off a neo-Nazi march, tried to justify an ISIS-style attack by one of those neo-Nazis as a response to “provocations form the left” and embrace false flag conspiracy theories, use the n-word in front of reporters in racist spiels, defend a pedophile because he has an R next to his name on the ballot, and spend their days vomiting hate and bile on their fellow citizens on social media, and pretend this is just normal political discourse? Or will we finally call a spade a spade?

We desperately wanted to, and still want to, pretend that there aren’t racists, bigots, neo-Nazis, and nihilists among us because just mathematically and demographically speaking, they’d be our parents, and friends, and aunts and uncles, and teachers, and co-workers, and bosses. We tried to shut our eyes and hum real loud in 2016, believing in our heart of hearts that there’s no way an openly racist lout with backwards views would win and that a nation which just four years before re-elected its first black president will reject him. That denial was our undoing. We can’t close our eyes to the truth again.

I especially like his analogy of the GOP 'trying to change the country from a shining city on a hill into an old hoarder’s decrepit mansion filled with nostalgic symbols of greatness long passed.'

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Another one

Former state Sen. Ralph Shortey has agreed to plead guilty to a child sex trafficking offense for offering to pay a 17-year-old boy for sexual "stuff" last March.

In exchange for his guilty plea, U.S. prosecutors have agreed to drop three child pornography counts against him.

His jury trial had been set to begin Dec. 5 in Oklahoma City federal court. He is now scheduled to plead guilty Nov. 30 instead.

By making a deal, Shortey, 35, hopes to avoid being locked up for most of the rest of his life. Still, he will be required to serve at least a 10-year prison term, the mandatory minimum time for child sex trafficking.

• Upvote 7

Now it's Jeanine Pirro's turn to join the hyporcite diamond level club;

The New York Daily News reports that state police say they clocked Pirro driving “119 miles per hour in a 65 mile-per-hour zone when she was stopped by a trooper at about 1:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon in the Town of Nichols in Tioga County.”

Pirro acknowledged driving over 50 miles per hour above the speed limit, but she claimed she was driving so fast because she had to go visit her ailing mother.

“I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn’t realize how fast I was driving,” she said in a statement released through Fox News. “I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences.”

According to the New York Daily News, Pirro’s speeding might be enough to get her license suspended, and she also might have to pay for a Driver Responsibility Assessment for the next three years.

I suppose if a Democrat of any sort was caught driving that fast to visit an ailing/dying parent/child/family member/etc Pirro would be getting all stupid about it.  Especially if it was a member of the Clinton family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

This club... is there a higher level? The ultimate hypocrite gold star or something? I think this guy might deserve it...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lawmaker-wes-goodman-anti-lgbt-resigns-sex-man-office-caught-ohio-republican-christian-family-values-a8060631.html 

Booyah! How, just how do you explain that one to your wife!

• Upvote 9

TL;dr Barton sent a picture of his junk to one of the women he was involved with while separated from his second wife. The picture surfaced on an anonymous Twitter account. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

TL;dr Barton sent a picture of his junk to one of the women he was involved with while separated from his second wife. The picture surfaced on an anonymous Twitter account. 

Meh. So he sent a dick pic. Might be a dick move... but apart from the fact that he was in a sexual relationship with the adult woman he sent it to, it's nowhere near a #metoo accusation. And although I cannot understand why anyone would want to take a picture of their own genitals and share them, I can't see what the big deal is here.

Unless it was the woman in question who put the pic on social media. Then Barton could rightly say he's a victim of revenge porn. 

• Upvote 7

If you're curious and have a very strong constitution and a short memory, the pic and accompanying text can be viewed HERE on TMZ.  Joe Bob's naughty bits are blanked out, but the photograph is from an, uh, odd perspective. 

“While separated from my second wife, prior to the divorce, I had sexual relationships with other mature adult women,” he said in a statement. “Each was consensual. Those relationships have ended. I am sorry I did not use better judgment during those days.”

Trust us, Joe, we wish the same thing as you.

So yes, he's careful to say consenting adult. And yes, literally, it was a dick move.  However, family values conservative who was committing adultery while still married to but divorcing his SECOND wife IS a big deal.  My intuition says that he was being divorced due to infidelity, but who really knows? 

For those who saw the text message, a commenter on another board noted that every journalist who asks Joe Barton a question from here on out needs to use the words "deep" and "hard".  

"How hard is it to make such deep cuts in taxes?"

"Is the deep state making Trump's presidency hard?

Revenge porn is definitely against the law in Texas.  However, Joe Barton does not want to open THAT particular can o' worms and allow the public to see whatever crawls out.  His political career is over; he will never be re-elected. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

So yes, he's careful to say consenting adult. And yes, literally, it was a dick move.  However, family values conservative who was committing adultery while still married to but divorcing his SECOND wife IS a big deal.  My intuition says that he was being divorced due to infidelity, but who really knows? 

Thank you, @Howl. I forget sometimes that not everyone knows the back story on these jokers. :pb_smile:

• Upvote 7

A reader left this comment on a WaPo article about Joe Barton: "Thoughts and prayers to everyone who has seen those photos."

• Haha 15

14 hours ago, Howl said:

However, family values conservative who was committing adultery while still married to but divorcing his SECOND wife IS a big deal.

I agree with this. If he weren't a howling hypocrite, it might not matter, but when you are proclaiming "family values" and then in your private life sending pictures of your genitalia to a woman you are not married to, that is holding others to a standard that you do not hold yourself to. I wonder what their "family values" are. And of course these "conservatives" also believe that God's forgiveness is only for them.

I wouldn't be so sure he won't get re-elected.

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Barton sent a picture of his junk to one of the women he was involved with while separated from his second wife. The picture surfaced on an anonymous Twitter account. 

It was a picture of his junk that also showed his face; otherwise, it would just have been an unidentifiable sext of some anonymous guy's junk and I'm sure there are a million of those out there.  This guy has been a politician for most of his adult life.  Really, the jokes just write themselves!  

This is being covered by the MSM, but without the photos, of course, meaning every person watching is googling for pics of Joe's junk. Once they see what they searching for....

Also, just found this:

Report: Rep. Joe Barton threatened ex-lover with policeabcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-rep-joe-barton-apologizes-nude-photo-51332342

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8