IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

The lesson fundies should learn from this is that being anti-gay and having all these patriarchal rules just fucks people up. Sadly, I doubt they will learn this and will keep on preaching that being gay is a sin and raising little girls to think that they can't  lead because they don't have a penis all while pretending that their elaborate rules offer some sort of protection. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

What was the gist of the passive-aggressive snark that Doug Phillips AKA DougWP Is A Tool posted on FB recently and has since deleted?

On January 23, Doug posted a video that was ostensibly about political hypocrisy, and remarked, "the people who's [sic] scream the loudest, who are the most merciless in their public rampages, and who attack others with the most ferocity, are often the ones who are guilty of the very things they claim to despise." Not sure why he'd take it down now, as all this drama would seem to prove him right, but he did. 

ETA: Now it's back up! 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The lesson fundies should learn from this is that being anti-gay and having all these patriarchal rules just fucks people up. Sadly, I doubt they will learn this and will keep on preaching that being gay is a sin and raising little girls to think that they can't  lead because they don't have a penis all while pretending that their elaborate rules offer some sort of protection. 

This could have been a fairytale, where Bradrick! and his ardent fanboy expose Doug the Tool for his offenses and ride off into the sunset together for a happily ever after.  

Instead it is a tragedy that has torn apart the lives of Peter, his bride, and their 6 innocent children.  

Peter may not be all that close with his kids but I've always assumed the majority of this fundie fathers with bigger than average families aren't close with their children. Maybe once they are older and can actually be useful to him he might pay them some attention but Peter's kids are all young and very close in age. I said this on the other thread, but the way they set this family structure up is a sure fire way to alienate dad if the parents split. He was mostly just a paycheck anyway right? So now he's a paycheck that doesn't live in he same house. If you force men into these stringent gender roles for breadwinner and head of household, you have to deal with the consequences of the dad not being that close with his kids. Of course it's going to happen!

40 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

To be fair, outside of King and Snohomish counties, WA tends to be extremely and often reactionary conservative.  It's just that so much of the population lives in those two counties that they easily carry the state (along with some help from a few purple counties). 

Island County is pretty progressive, but yeah,  the voters in King County and, I would add, the huge amount we contribute to the federal coffers, really do affect the rest of the country. It's ironic that so much of the federal money that comes back to conservative parts of the state, largely as agricultural subsidies, is generated by the very people they despise.

49 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Every so often, Eastern WA gets fed up with us cancelling out their votes all the time and makes noise about wanting to join ID or otherwise secede from WA.  It never happens, because we remind them that we don't play that.

Eventually someone who is not differently-clued reminds them that they need us a lot more than we need them.

I used to live in pierce county and while it's less liberal than king county, it swings democratic. Tacoma isn't exactly the back woods. I used to work with social services there, and I'd be surprised if the family courts are filled with extremely conservative judges. 

I'm still working on feeling bad for Peter too, just can't quite swing it now. I know he is a victim of his upbringing and lifestyle, but the arrogance, being a bully and a cheater, makes all my sympathy go to Kelly and the children. Especially the children.

I bet Petey's wallet is wishing Kelly had that nursing degree now.  Maybe then, he would only be on the hook for child support. Btw, my step-dad paid $1200-1400 a month for one child. Yeah, I just can't find any sympathy for him right now. 

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm unable to find it now but a fascinating article told about a seemingly devout young Chasidic couple who have 5 or 7 children after marrying very young, and now the couple -- by  mutual agreement -- swing their little hearts out. 

They live in fear of getting caught and being shunned forever by family, but their way of life is worth it to them at this point. 

There are ways of dealing with arranged marriages (yes, dominionistic marriages are arranged) other than divorce. Just an observation. 

Kelly has been sold out and let down by the elders and males around her SO many times.  Scottie & The Fabulous Deb had better make things great for her and those innocent younglings.

That's all I have to say for now.   What a gut-punch series of surprises to read about, even for a old heathen insect like myself -- just think what it's been like for P&K. 

According to the papers, Scottie, Debbie, Taylor & David are among the few allowed to supervise visits with the kids. Kelly is firmly back in their control and world and they won't do anything more for her kids than they did for her. I'll own those words. 

I think, much like Katie Smith, she is welcomed back into the fold but nothing changes. She's still daddy's daughter, not her own, autonomous person; she just has quite a few new cult members in tow. And what's more, there is no father or anyone else to dispute or question how those kids are raised.

Kelly has been screwed from the day the Browns adopted her. Having been married for ten years and birthing six kids doesn't change a damn thing. 

Wow guys, I'm honored that my first post got it's own thread! :D Now that I've dipped my toes in, I'll probably comment here and there as I have tidbits to share. Feel free to tag me with any questions I might be able to shed some light on. I knew/know most of the people connected to the  VF/NCFIC group.

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

This could have been a fairytale, where Bradrick! and his ardent fanboy expose Doug the Tool for his offenses and ride off into the sunset together for a happily ever after.  

Instead it is a tragedy that has torn apart the lives of Peter, his bride, and their 6 innocent children.  

Recall that I'm an elderly junebug and given to slowness of mind:  Is PB's "fanboy" in your scenario Scottie Brown? And if SB & PB's confrontation of Doug WP Is A Tool resulted in Doug outshouting them, then did Scottie jettison Peter as a way of keeping his options open / saving his own skin ?? Which then resulted in PB scurrying back to his parents (and brother?) on the other coast? 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Kelly has been screwed from the day the Browns adopted her. Having been married for ten years and birthing six kids doesn't change a damn thing. 

Dammit. I imagine you're right. 

6 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

It's a sad thought but there's always the possibility that Pete didn't even want to see them more. He certainly wouldn't be the first father to ditch their family. 

Especially if those kids remind you of a life your didn't really want in the first place .

24 minutes ago, hasunah said:

Especially if those kids remind you of a life your didn't really want in the first place .

Off thread slightly, but I do wonder if Joshly will ever just pack his bags and walk. Yes, I know M5 is on the way, but Josh has never really been happy about having lots of kids. He wasn't over the moon about Meredith. M5 is going to let him back into the fold again.

Deep down he doesn't really want his life. Will he just walk away one day or have a not very secret affair causing Anna to throw him out thereby making it easy for him to leave?

Hope that makes sense, it's late here.

5 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Off thread slightly, but I do wonder if Joshly will ever just pack his bags and walk. Yes, I know M5 is on the way, but Josh has never really been happy about having lots of kids. He wasn't over the moon about Meredith. M5 is going to let him back into the fold again.

Deep down he doesn't really want his life. Will he just walk away one day or have a not very secret affair causing Anna to throw him out thereby making it easy for him to leave?

Hope that makes sense, it's late here.

JerkBoob would never let that happen. 

Wow.  Wow.  Wow,  So Peter was closeted.  And how sad for his kids and Kelly,  I wish she could get to a JuCo and use one of the displaced homemakers scholarships and make a life for herself and the kids.  

4 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Wow.  Wow.  Wow,  So Peter was closeted.  And how sad for his kids and Kelly,  I wish she could get to a JuCo and use one of the displaced homemakers scholarships and make a life for herself and the kids.  

I had to google that, being not from the US. It sounds like a good initiative. For anyone who has never heard of it either, here's a link: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-10-18/a-federal-program-pays-to-put-homemakers-to-work

From the article:

It works like this: If you’re a homemaker—by the government’s definition, a spouse or member of a household who is dependent on someone else’s income—and looking for work, you might make your way to a state unemployment office or a community college in order to seek training. At that point, the school’s or the state’s training officer would point you to a program that is tailored to you. Not all states have programs like these: You have to apply for a federal grant from the Workforce Investment Act, which distributed about $1.2 billion to displaced workers in 2011.

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Recall that I'm an elderly junebug and given to slowness of mind:  Is PB's "fanboy" in your scenario Scottie Brown? And if SB & PB's confrontation of Doug WP Is A Tool resulted in Doug outshouting them, then did Scottie jettison Peter as a way of keeping his options open / saving his own skin ?? Which then resulted in PB scurrying back to his parents (and brother?) on the other coast? 

Not the person you were quoting, but that is not quite the way it went down.  It is unclear whether Bradrick jettisoned Scott or vice versa.  It is possible Scott was pissed off by Peter's confrontation with Doug and public statement.  Peter may have been really disillusioned by Scott shielding Doug and the BoD's attitude to the law suit.  

This is just background to help people unfamiliar with the Fall of the Tool.  It is over 3 years ago, after all. Scroll on by if you aren't interested.  

From information we pieced together from various sources here (I hope others will correct this if I remember it wrong):

Word of Doug Phillips's pursuit, harassment, and molestation of Lourdes (parishioner and employee) gradually leaked out in BCA and VF inner circles after she told her parents and brother.  The parents had tried to intervene with Doug (and Beall) but he stonewalled and denied.  I'm not sure when Lourdes's father and brother (Andrew) pursued Doug with guns after they found him trying to climb in her window - but the pursuit was obvious and obviously unwanted.

Peter Bradrick and 4 other men confronted Doug with his sins in that Matthew 18 way of keeping everything private but wanting repentance.   These men were all part of Doug's inner circle but   Scott Brown was not part of that group of 5.  Doug went into a towering narcissistic rage and denied everything, shocking them all.  That is when Doug called Peter a Destroyer.  

Scott Brown was part of the Board of Vision Forum Ministries.  Some or all of those 5 men went to the BoD and increased the pressure.  Doug finally caved to the BoD and announced his resignation with his "I have sinned" message. The BoD liquidated VFM.  Doug liquidated VFI. BCA invoked church discipline.

Now public, the shit hit the VFM, VFI, and BCA revolving objects big time.  Everyone took sides.  The squabbles on FB were epic.  Bradrick eventually made a public statement against Doug on Facebook, now deleted.   He was viciously attacked by the pro-Doug faction.  

Bradrick and Kelly moved from the Brown plantation to WA, close to his family.  He started selling houses and went very quiet.  They seemed to be at odds with Scott and were dropped immediately from being featured speakers at his stupid marriage conferences.

I know that Kelly will not be left destitute since according to their belief system (and common decency) the community has a duty to take care of anyone who ends up in her type of situation, but I wish she could do something like the displaced homemakers scholarship mentioned by @Soulhuntress. She could even use it to learn skills to set up a home business, or something.

10 hours ago, bea said:

Where are the public divorce files? Or where can I search? I'm lazy.

On the original Bradrick! divorce thread, @iEscaped shared this: 

I'm a longtime lurker, but have a few pieces of info I figured I should share.  FYI, by means of an introduction, I was in a family that was somewhat close to the inner-circle of VF, the Botkins, NCIF, etc. Been to DWP's and the Botkin's house, knew most of the connect families, etc. 

Nathaniel Darnell is not an attorney, although he tries to make it appear that way. He got his J.D. from an online university which has a 3% pass rate for the bar, and shockingly, he never passed the bar! :'D  And knowing Nathaniel, I have no doubt he already has his eye on Kelly. But I can guarantee she would rather be single the rest of her life than be married to a twit like Darnell.

I pulled the divorce filing from the court records, and it definitely looks like Bradrick! did something that hasn't been uncovered publicly yet. He agreed to give Kelly full custody of the kids with supervised visitation once every other month, and Skype calls every other week. Definitely not something you would agree to if Kelly didn't have something on Pete.  

Also found this little gem:
"Visits with children will under no circumstance include any significant other/girlfriend/boyfriend joining Peter."

Divorce documents:

https://dropfile.to/PSNtUtK 
https://dropfile.to/zNB9vqE
https://dropfile.to/CuCgSgJ
https://dropfile.to/BR6fcyR

ETA: Palimpsest noted (below) that these links may no longer be active.  

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

On the original Bradrick! divorce thread, @iEscaped shared this: 

The first file link comes up as "file deleted" for me. You'll need to cut and paste the rest, which link to forms. 

They all come up as "file expired" for me today, even cut and pasting.  I could see them yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

They all come up as "file expired" for me today, even cut and pasting.  I could see them yesterday.

I could get to the download page but the files would not download.  Then yesterday, one of them said, "file deleted" (or something to that effect).  Now they all say, "file expired".  :-/

When I got around to opening them, only 3 were available and then it was only for "the next 4 hours." Having no life, I got screen grabs of most of the pages. So there's that, if anybody has Q's.  

ETA: I came to this topic today wondering if it had all been a weird fanfic [sic] episode. Nope: Pete's still seriously bi- and Kelly is still well and truly screwed.  

On a barely listenable CD titled "She shall be called Woman," Victoria Botkin snarks with special meanness about letting little girls play at being a princess. She goes on interminably about what an unmitigated raw deal a princess got in history.

She wasn't kidding!--look at this modern-day princess Kelly being moved around like a chess pawn (only pretty).  I wonder if the irony has escaped old Vicks.  My money is on, "It has."

31 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

On a barely listenable CD titled "She shall be called Woman," Victoria Botkin snarks with special meanness about letting little girls play at being a princess. She goes on interminably about what an unmitigated raw deal a princess got in history.

She wasn't kidding!--look at this modern-day princess Kelly being moved around like a chess pawn (only pretty).  I wonder if the irony has escaped old Vicks.  My money is on, "It has."

ITA, she didn't quite get the message being what happens with young women in their circles and especially Kelly.

The Browns, and especially Scottie, will never see how much they had a hand in Kelly's situation and all leading up to it.  

And unfortunately she's back under their control (I understand she may have no choice) plus it seems they will have a lot of control over the grandkids, based on the custody and supervised visitation arrangement.   So it will continue into the next generation, I am afraid.

To the custody experts: would a judge order supervised custody if one of the parents had a serious and ongoing drug problem?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived