IGNORED

NATHHAN: Beating Your Special Needs Child, By God's Grace

silvia

1 hour ago, roddma said:

I often wonder why these kinds of articles don't jump start an investigation by authorities or CPS. I know I would be investigating. 

State laws differ, but nothing in the article would be reportable in my state - a state that's considered quite liberal in most ways. I think it's absolutely shitty parenting, but shitty parenting isn't against the law. Parents in the United States have tremendous leeway for how to discipline their children, including physical punishment.

Sometimes unfortunately there's just nothing to hotline. :(

I'm a mandated reporter. One time a parent told me that she had hit her child in the mouth. I hotlined it, and was told it wasn't reportable because she used an open hand and (at least by the time I saw the child) there was no mark. A mere online article almost certainly isn't going to bring CPS to anyone's doorstep, sadly.

A mere online article almost certainly isn't going to bring CPS to anyone's doorstep, sadly.

And I guess since they alos have limited resources.

Sometimes kids scream for attention. Maybe it's because they need some extra love and attention. I agree he may need to learn better ways to get it and how to express that. Teach him don't beat him.

11 hours ago, roddma said:

And I guess since they alos have limited resources.

Are you seriously back? You go all over the internet and pick on Curious and try to help dox her on GOMI and now you are BACK in her HOUSE? You have some nerve.

This is just bull. I click on thread and there's DGayle back lying her ass off and come to another one and it's roddma. I cannot believe your nerve.

I just wanted to see what this thread was about, not have RODDMA here posting after calling us names all over Reddit and GOMI.

@roddma you should really accept that you burned all the bridges here. All of them.

Special needs children in fundie homes is just terrifying. The quote about beating him for weeks is heartbreaking. That poor child. Why can't more people adopt the mindset of John Holt?

A child whose life is full of the threat and fear of punishment is locked into babyhood. There is no way for him to grow up, to learn to take responsibility for his life and acts. Most important of all, we should not assume that having to yield to the threat of our superior force is good for the child's character. It is never good for anyone's character.” 

The NATHAN story of the family with five adopted special needs kids who decided they could forgo professional therapy because "God" wanted them to is so frustrating. You can't go read some books and learn how to be a professional therapist. 

Joey's family being "warned" to be careful about who they allowed around while they started this "character training" is really them being told to be careful that no one who could spot the abuse will be around. 

OMG! They have biblical ADHD advice which is pretty much that the kid is selfish and that being distracted comes from several different sins. :angry-banghead:

I dont know what you speak of or who you think I am and I had NOTHING TO DO WITH DOXING CURIOUS seriously get over whatever you think I did You act like GOP who cant let it go. I come ot post in peace and test your reaction. I got what I expected. I guess you cant even find it in you heart to ignore me or let it go after so long. 

10 minutes ago, roddma said:

I dont know what you speak of or who you think I am and I had NOTHING TO DO WITH DOXING CURIOUS seriously get over whatever you think I did You act like GOP who cant let it go. I come ot post in peace and test your reaction. I got what I expected. I guess you cant even find it in you heart to ignore me or let it go after so long. 

Hahahahah.

Of course you are going to get this reaction. You ran around the internet trashing us and wander back in like nothing happened, so you are going to get pushback. 

24 minutes ago, roddma said:

I guess you cant even find it in you heart to ignore me or let it go after so long. 

I guess you can't even find it in your heart to apologize. Why would a community let a person who did the things you did back in with no question? As long as you are still refusing to apologize for what you did, you DO NOT come in peace. 

I have done nothing so I apologize nothing. The ones who should apologize is you . I have better things to do than dox Curious or stalk former members. Like Fundies, she made herself known by taking this forum. I could care less who she is.

You arent messing with a college kid here Im almost 47. This behavior would get you banned in another forum. 

1 minute ago, roddma said:

This behavior would get you banned in another forum. 

You are absolutely right. Your behaviour WOULD get you banned in another forum. The only reason that you aren't banned right now is because you didn't directly dox, just egged the people doing the doxxing on. 

Good grief roddma. You went all over the internet trashing FJ. You were remarkable bad at hiding who you were. Why are you even here if you hate us? 

Most forums would have banned your ass a long time ago. 

The last thing Im saying here is FJ is one to talk about a poster's 'bad' behavior. I read some stalked  a former member's daughter. and you have doxxed FJ members yourself Furthermore, you dig up info on the cousins and whatnot of Fundie families who have not made their life  public. Yet you bemoan when one of you get doxxed. You just keep denying your own behavior, which is one reason other sites talk about you.

I have done nothing wrong This site used to be a good place to talk about extremes, and FJ has turned into something else. It is talked about a lot, and unles syou change it will keep on being talked about.

*I* read somewhere that Obama personally broke into Trump tower and put actual cockroaches in Trump's hotels, as well as the electronic bugs.

But, you know, I"m sure it's true because I read it somewhere.

I, personally, give less than a single shit if people talk about us. Who the fuck cares? When I happen across other people talking about us I usually end up laughing my ass off at all the butt hurt. So go whine to all your little friends about what mean bitches we are, and we'll have a good laugh about it when we see it.

We're the nasty bitches, supposedly, yet GOMI are stooping to our supposed level by bitching about US. *eyeroll* 

I've never encountered meanness from other FJers. This isn't even meanness, it's pointing out that someone did something wrong. 

Back to topic: I genuinely have no clue how people can look at innocent babies and toddlers and consider spanking them. Yes, people do occasionally smack their kids, but it's usually only once and during anger/impatience/whatever and isn't usually done deliberately/intentionally. 

12 hours ago, roddma said:

Uh, want me to pull up the GOMI threads and post them here?? You need to give up. You cannot play it both ways. The internet is forever. You were certainly support that crazy opera singer and that other nutjob. And you certainly took part in bashing this forum and everyone on it.

You want people to let stuff go, you come in with an apology like a grownup. I mean seriously. Lurking then acting like nothing happened gets you exactly what you expect - nothing. A nice note to @Destiny and @Curious noting that you apologize for hooking up with those people who tried to hurt the forums and you're going to test the waters would have made all the difference. Too late.

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

OMG! They have biblical ADHD advice which is pretty much that the kid is selfish and that being distracted comes from several different sins. :angry-banghead:

The use of the word "screech"??? That single descriptor tells you anything you need to know about this.

10 hours ago, roddma said:

The last thing Im saying here is FJ is one to talk about a poster's 'bad' behavior.

Please truly make this the last thing you write on FJ. Pretty please. 

48 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Please truly make this the last thing you write on FJ. Pretty please. 

Seriously.  @Roddma is as thick as two short planks as well being a dirty little hypocrite.  She needs to cut out the disingenuous whining and go back to the gutter with her pals.

And let us not forget, her original butt-hurt was because the vast majority of FJ objected to her belief that beating the shit out of children wasn't a bad thing at all.  She disrupted many threads to tell us that. Over and over again.

Now I have to back up and read the beginning of thread.  Sorry, and back to topic folks.

And just so you know, she's back on Reddit, talking about us.

Could we not do this catty drama stuff here? Maybe take it somewhere else, since I imagine most of us really do not care and would rather talk about this genuinely interesting thread.

1 hour ago, alexandracabot said:

since I imagine most of us really do not care and would rather talk about this genuinely interesting thread.

What do you want to contribute to the discussion about NATTHAN?  Please go ahead and bring the thread back to the original topic you are so interested in.   

I find it fascinating that I haven't found anything recent about the Bushnell family - last family newsletter is 2008 even on Sherry's unlicensed (except in TX) CPM midwifery site.  The NATHHAN webpage doesn't seem to have been updated recently either.

Perhaps they have been forced to close it down.  I hope so.  There is enough ugliness and misinformation about special needs on that site to choke the average horse.  I'm rather creeped out that they seem to have been facilitating private adoptions too.  I hope legally.

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2017 at 6:59 PM, Kailash said:

God won't give you more than you can handle?

The thing they never quote alongside this is the next verse, which says that part of that scenario is that God gives you a way out. it's not a verse that's saying you have to get yourself into the hardest possible situation and then put up with it and "cope" in completely aberrant and harmful ways. He gives you a way out to get away from the situation so it won't destroy you. So in my book that would include professional medical and psychological help, inpatient treatment, respite care even if it's provided by non-fundies, anything you can think of. I've always taken the view that if God wants us to be healthy, then anything that contributes to that is a gift from Him, be it divine healing, medical care, therapy, whatever. I don't understand why they want to limit how God can work, and the cognitive dissonance of living in a situation where people are clearly not thriving, yet trying to claim that God is blessing and guiding them, must be incredible.

There's no national cerification for midwives. It looks like she's completed everything to be legal in TX but I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with who she trained with. I'll have to ask my midwifery friends. 

Archived