IGNORED

Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes

Bethella

Bruce Gerencser has a whole category on his website with what he calls Black Collar Crimes.
brucegerencser.net/category/black-collar-crime/
All sorts of pastors having run-ins with the law. And it is sad to say, but most of the times it's sexual assault.

He discusses too many people to put them all on the list, but it's an 'interesting' read.

• Upvote 5

On 4/4/2017 at 1:58 PM, amandaaries said:

Thank you for that!  For whatever reason, I always want to add a letter to both Sitler and Wight (I always google "Jamin Wright." For Sitler, I seem to prefer "Stitler," though occasionally my subconscious types "Shitler").  I typed up all that about Steven without even noticing...of course, after the editing period had passed, I noticed. Perfect timing, as usual.  :my_dodgy:

Shitler. Maybe that should be a thing.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, libriatrix said:

Shitler. Maybe that should be a thing.

Right?  Wish that had been my typo.  It's still not his government name, but it has a sense of accuracy about it nonetheless. 

• Upvote 1

@Bethella - and another one for the list: Steven Furtick.  See FG's post here for links.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@Bethella - and another one for the list: Steven Furtick.  See FG's post here for links.

I have someone on my FB "friends" list who periodically shares Furtick posts, as if he reflects what Christians should aspire to.

Not impressed.

• Upvote 5

I haven't kept up with this thread but did we put Mark Driscoll the patriarchal plagiarist on this list?  Because losing you entire church empire is rather special on the sham list. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I haven't kept up with this thread but did we put Mark Driscoll the patriarchal plagiarist on this list?  Because losing you entire church empire is rather special on the sham list. 

No, he's not on the list. I don't follow him and don't really know what happened with him. If you want to write it up I'll add it.

• Upvote 2

@Bethella, I could give a shot at writing up the appalling Furtick if it would help.  Let me know.

Could you also please edit Priscilla B.  I know I'm being a bit weird about that but she also seems a victim to me.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

@Bethella, I could give a shot at writing up the appalling Furtick if it would help.  Let me know.

Could you also please edit Priscilla B.  I know I'm being a bit weird about that but she also seems a victim to me.

Furtick was added and Priscilla edited, I just haven't updated it online yet. I'll try to get to it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Furtick was added and Priscilla edited, I just haven't updated it online yet. I'll try to get to it tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Many thanks.  If I haven't said so before, you are a gem, a wonder, and a huge asset to FJ.:my_heart:

• Upvote 9

@Bethella

Mark Driscoll, founder of Mars Hill Church in Seattle and author of a number of Christian books came under public criticism and formal complaints in 2014.  The Acts 29 board (a network of church plants) removed him from their board.  In October 2014 he resigned from Mars Hill Church (Seattle).  Two weeks later Mars Hill announced it was dissolving as of Januar 1, 2015.  All of this after an elder filed formal charges against him in May 2013 for 'mistreatment' (angry, arrogant among other things) and then in November 2013, a radio host accused him of plagiarism with more allegations following.  And in March 2014 allegation arose that Mars Hil Church paid a $25,000 fee to a marketing firm to manipulate sales figures for Driscoll's book "Real Marriage"  to get it on the NY Times Best Seller list.  (by using $210,000 of Mars Hill Church money)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Driscoll#Formal_charges_filed_by_former_elder_Dave_Kraft_.282013.29

Driscoll has since formed a new church in Arizona

• Upvote 3

It occurs to me why there is such a hangup with the idea that men can't (shouldn't have to) control themselves sexually.  The vast majority of that list is males preying on young (or not so young) females in some form or fashion.  If the "leaders" can't -won't- hold themselves in check, how can they expect their followers to?  Instead of holding themselves accountable, they make excuses to accept abhorrent behavior and then glorify it.  "The devil made him do it".  Nope.  His own selfish, misogynistic self made him do it.   

• Upvote 15

@clueliss I forgot to add Driscoll in before I did the update. He's been added now and will be included the next time I update the list.

• Upvote 2

Can we add this POS to the list?  Chechnya Gay Concentration Camp

A report by Novoya Gazeta said officials in the dictatorship have told homosexuals if they don’t leave the country they’ll be sent to the camps where they will be killed.

No he does not represent all of Islam but is a Chechen butthead.

2 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

Can we add this POS to the list?  Chechnya Gay Concentration Camp

No he does not represent all of Islam but is a Chechen butthead.

Based on the article I can't tell who you're referring to, I don't see anyone named. Mostly I've been trying to include fundies that we discuss but I can put it on the list if you write it up.

15 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Based on the article I can't tell who you're referring to, I don't see anyone named. Mostly I've been trying to include fundies that we discuss but I can put it on the list if you write it up.

Ramzan Kazarov

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hundred-gay-men-detained-first-10200263

Eyewitnesses have testified that a prison camp has been established in the town of Argun, according to reports.

The spokesman for Chechnya's Interior Ministry dismissed the claims as an "April Fools' joke" on April 1. The head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov's press secretary described the report as "lies". He went on to state there were NO gay people in Chechnya.

He reportedly said: "If there were such people in Chechnya, law-enforcement agencies wouldn't need to have anything to do with them because their relatives would send them somewhere from which there is no returning."

And the wonderful Perez Hilton described this charming fellow with a beautiful level of snark.  

http://perezhilton.com/2017-04-11-gay-concentration-camp-russia-chechnya-ramzan-kadyrov#.WO2CtYjyuCg

russia-concentration-camp-republic-gay-k

• Upvote 3

This guy Kenneth Adkins should be on the list. Pastor in Georgia who celebrated the Orlando massacre and was quite homophobic on twitter. He was later arrested on sex crime charges involving minors. He was convicted several days ago. Here's an article on him and there are others online.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/controversial-georgia-pastor-convicted-child-molestation/WwWQyzA3Pud5qe5c6LEJNM/

• Upvote 6

Does anyone here listen to the podcast In the Name of God? I think you would be great little minion helpers for his weekly podcast highlighting religious crimes.  Doug Wilson was mentioned in a recent episode of Everyone's Agnostic, interesting how he pops up in places.  For the religious touting their moral superiority over the hedonistic left wing, they sure as hell have long rap sheets and are experts at crappy cover ups.

• Upvote 3

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Bethella said:

It has been suggested to start a list of fundies and their scandals. Here's the Fundy Walk of Shame:

Slide3.JPG.3f20e08477b77273ee273a13398f692b.JPGSlide4.JPG.2e021b7aef0622b0daa1a0458e4ec93d.JPGSlide5.JPG.a7d0920b722b56b581503f64d7bc049e.JPGSlide6.JPG.34bc91dc13aa116e75c35870a9290be9.JPGSlide7.JPG.4f15336c7fe203765c82f30bc602e528.JPGSlide8.JPG.c6cf608a1bcaa686b8f196059876b8db.JPGSlide9.JPG.d9966226b656737d20dd03076e822c86.JPGSlide10.JPG.f826130a34948ea6426c5fa1b41362e7.JPGSlide11.JPG.eae5339ad23841f5dff813f01f309590.JPG

List Updated 25 April 2017

March 23: I don't know if there's enough brain bleach in the world to handle compiling this list. My emotions keep swinging back and forth between rage and crying. This is horrid.

March 20: This list is obviously incomplete. I know there are a couple of cases listed by the victim's name rather than the perpetrator but I can't take any more nastiness tonight. I'll come back to it in a day or two. Please post if there are people I'm missing or if you see anything that needs to be corrected, I don't know all of these people/cases.

My mouth was agape while reading through this list. My body is actually cold. They all belong in jail but especially The Pearls. Just shameful.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Jugs MacGee-Duggar said:

My mouth was agape while reading through this list. My body is actually cold. They all belong in jail but especially The Pearls. Just shameful.

Yeah, I had issues while I was compiling the list. I had to take it in small batches and walked away from it several times.

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Jugs MacGee-Duggar said:

And the problem is that this is the tip of the iceberg.  There are so many other cases that go unidentified.

14 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Yeah, I had issues while I was compiling the list. I had to take it in small batches and walked away from it several times.

It is an awful project.  Thanks so much again for taking it on.  I'm afraid that we will need the list updated in the future.

• Upvote 14

I thought about posting in the Harris Brothers archived board but I wasn't sure if I should bump such old topics - quick question - How is Brantley related to Josh Harris? Is he a nephew? It seems like Josh Harris was involved with the Soverign Grace Ministries cover up too?

tl;dr I need a Harris family tree. I read all the topics in the archive board but I don't know how these people are all connected. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic