IGNORED

Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes

Bethella

On 9/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, Howl said:

WTAF? I just googled and LulaRoe are STILL IN BUSINESS.  I'm looking at their website and can't for the life of me figure out how this business model works when clothes are easily available in stores or on line.  Maybe because you can go to someone's house and look at things and try them on?

Because it involves people buying stuff because they feel obligated because it's their friend selling it.  The same way all MLM businesses work.  Very few of them actually have anything that's *that* unique about their product.  They just capitalize off and commodify relationships, and it's disgusting.  

It's also the reason I refuse to support MLMs on principle, even if I think they do actually have a better product.  When your bottom line relies on people manipulating and capitalizing off their friends, I'm not going to give money to support that.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just saw this on twitter and KNEW it needed to be posted on fj, but WHERE?  Then I realized that "unboundaried charismatics" = entrepreneurial narcissists with a criminal bent and and viola! 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, clese said:

Ewwww just got on that revolting Nathan ragers fb post.

What an obese disgusting POS he is.

I hope he gets his just desserts somewhere along the line and soon. His wife still seems to be with him.

Also what is his other job and did anyone give this ugly fat grifter any money for help with his finances.

You yuk yuk

Can we not with the fat-shaming? He’s got plenty of disgusting beliefs and behaviours that we can criticise him for without using labels that tell other fat people they’re disgusting 😕

On 9/30/2021 at 11:56 AM, SnarkyLawyer said:

A pastor who led the Fellowship Baptist Church, in Vacaville, CA. Roger Jimenez of the Pastor Steven Anderson flock, was a member of the congregation.

The police were called numerous times to his house, for domestic violence. His wife, Johanna, endured well documented abuse, over several years. At one point, she was hospitalized. After she notified him that she was leaving him, she was found dead, hanging in her closet. It was ruled a suicide, although the way she was hanging was similar to the way he hung her against the walls, while abusing her. He had also been having extra marital affairs, and sexually harassing other young women, including minors. He was on the phone to his girlfriend, within 24 hours after his wife's death. However, she ended the relationship, after finding out about his sexual harassment and assault of minors. He then started to terrorize her, including hiring someone to set her house on fire.

Please dear God tell me this foul excuse for a man is now in prison. Please.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Smee said:

Please dear God tell me this foul excuse for a man is now in prison. Please.

According to the article below he pled guilty to arson and thus got a reduced sentence of 8 years as opposed to the maximum 14 years. That was in 2015 so I don't know if he might have been paroled by now. Apparently also involved in Meth dealing. Truly a paragon of virtue.

https://www.timesheraldonline.com/2015/02/18/embattled-vacaville-pastor-mark-lewis-sentenced-to-prison/

Edited by EmainMacha
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, EmainMacha said:

According to the article below he pled guilty to arson and thus got a reduced sentence of 8 years as opposed to the maximum 14 years. That was in 2015 so I don't know if he might have been paroled by now. Apparently also involved in Meth dealing. Truly a paragon of virtue.

Sociopath/psychopath got his hand slapped.  Plea deals are good until they're not.  

Even on probation, he'll be unlikely to stay legal.  Small comfort, but just a matter of time until he's in prison again. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• 5 weeks later...

Gah.  The spiritual abuse seems never ending, but at least people are reporting and exposing.  

The Reminder We Shouldn't Need  Another Spiritual Abuse Scandal Shows How We Wrongly Weigh Success

Articles referenced in the quoted text  below: 

The Christian Peacemaker Who Left a Trail of Trauma  Judy Dabler built a career helping reconcile conflict within ministries including RZIM and Mars Hill. But a new investigation says she abused her authority to protect those with power. (Daniel Silliman,  November 16, 2021, Christianity Today)

'You Are One Step Away from Complete and Total Insanity'  The inside story of how Ravi Zacharias’s ministry concealed and enabled his abuse.  (David French, French Press/The Dispatch, Feb. 2021

Yesterday, Christianity Today published Daniel Silliman’s excellently researched, deeply disturbing expose on Judy Dabler, a practitioner of “Christian conciliation” who rose to prominence in that form of mediation created by lawyer-turned-Christian author Ken Sande. The tipping point from ascendent expert to spiritual abuser seems to have come by way of David French reporting on her work with the late Zacharias’s ministry earlier this year.

Everyone who cares about the Church doing what is right ought to read Silliman’s full report. He shows the sort of manipulative techniques spiritual abusers use to suppress dissent, silence whistleblowers and generally elevate their own power at the expense of those they were supposed to serve. The report provides numerous examples of Dabler using these techniques against both her own critics and those who brought up wrongdoing against her clients, such as RZIM and Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Vice recently posted an investigative report on Kanakuk Kamps where Joe White is still running the show, as the Wartburg Watch points out.

CW on the Vice video, which includes frank discussion of the abuse by family members of the survivors.

• Thank You 3