IGNORED

Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes

Bethella

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Apparently Betsy (Bradrick) Barth's husband Andy is out of prison now and they live in Sulphur Springs.  For those who forgot, he was convicted of sexually molesting a 9yo (never found out whether it was one of his own kids or not).  He is a lifetime registered sex offender and has to report quarterly.  I hope for their kids' sake he toes the line.

How many kids are there and what are the ages?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

How many kids are there and what are the ages?

I don't know all the ages, but I think there are 12.  I think several are probably over 18 by now.  Some are bio, some adopted.

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Do you know how long he was in prison?

I'm thinking Bratton's 17 year sentence  for child molestation is a very long stretch in the slammer. 

12 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I think it was 10 years, or close to that.

ETA: I personally think sexually assaulting a child should have a 20 year MINIMUM, so that no matter what age the child was they will be well into adulthood when the perpetrator gets out.

I have seen East TX cases where the perpetrator got 30+ years, which I applaud.  

He was sentenced to 10 years but appears to have only served 6 before his release. 

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I don't know all the ages, but I think there are 12.  I think several are probably over 18 by now.  Some are bio, some adopted.

Yeah, there are 12 kids; 7 biological and 5 adopted internationally; 4 boys, 8 girls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

17 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Speaking of Bradricks, any news or sightings of Bradrick! - Betsy's bro Peter?

Just did a quick check on facebook. He now has his own real estate company: He still works for Keller Williams apparently, but he is "Owner and Founder at Peter Bradrick! Red Banner Team" so some success in the real estate gig. (Just kidding, I put in exclamation point.) 

Lots of sweet pics of the kids on the fb page, but the kids all look really young, so probably not current.  I hope the kids get to come and spend at least part of the summer with him. There are some pics with an older man and one with an older woman, maybe Peter's parents. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:15 AM, danvillebelle said:

Apparently Betsy (Bradrick) Barth's husband Andy is out of prison now and they live in Sulphur Springs.  For those who forgot, he was convicted of sexually molesting a 9yo (never found out whether it was one of his own kids or not).  He is a lifetime registered sex offender and has to report quarterly.  I hope for their kids' sake he toes the line.

Edited by Fallgirl30
I kept reading and answered my own question

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, bea said:

I couldn’t figure out where to put this, here’s as good as anywhere else.
Stacy and James Macdonald, clinging to Young Living.
Oh my god. emoji23.png
da9774eee2151dc14d235968c996f7dd.jpg

Honestly, this isn't *completely* kooky.  

You *can* build associations between things on purpose.  Which means you can actually train your brain to associate a particular smell with a particular Bible verse to where when you smell it, the Bible verse will come to mind.  Neuroplastic change is a real thing.  As someone who sometimes treats chronic pain patients, one of the things we do is work to rewire the brain's associations so that a stimulus isn't automatically associated with a physical pain response that doesn't have a physical cause.  

There are also many people who use aromatherapy for coping.  If you find Bible verses comforting and essential oils helpful for coping/grounding, combining the two with a learned association could actually be fairly effective.  

Turning it into a whole book to shill your overpriced MLM oils?  That's where it's over the line.  

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Honestly, this isn't *completely* kooky.  

You *can* build associations between things on purpose.  Which means you can actually train your brain to associate a particular smell with a particular Bible verse to where when you smell it, the Bible verse will come to mind.  Neuroplastic change is a real thing.  As someone who sometimes treats chronic pain patients, one of the things we do is work to rewire the brain's associations so that a stimulus isn't automatically associated with a physical pain response that doesn't have a physical cause.  

There are also many people who use aromatherapy for coping.  If you find Bible verses comforting and essential oils helpful for coping/grounding, combining the two with a learned association could actually be fairly effective.  

Turning it into a whole book to shill your overpriced MLM oils?  That's where it's over the line. 

Chronic pain patient here. Have you read The Way Out by Alan Gordon and Alon Ziv? Any thoughts on the book, or the the app Curable? I really like their explanation and approach. I haven't been one of their remarkable success stories, but it has helped me some. 

As someone who has lived with chronic pain for over 20 years I understand being desperate to try anything. I've done all that traditional medicine has to offer, and tried many alternative, homeopathic and straight up snake oil approaches hoping something, anything would help. I hate when people prey on those in pain to make money. Enough with the MLMs already. A friend who briefly sold Plexus thought it could help me. Seriously? That is one thing I didn't try. 

LuLaRich the documentary about the LuLaRoe leggings on Amazon Prime is a great watch for anyone interested. 

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

LuLaRich the documentary about the LuLaRoe leggings on Amazon Prime is a great watch for anyone interested. 

Thanks, I'll add this to my watch list.  

14 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

As someone who has lived with chronic pain for over 20 years I understand being desperate to try anything.

Sending you that lovely little hug emoji from facebook, and thanks for fostering kitties! 

• Love 6

On 9/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Chronic pain patient here. Have you read The Way Out by Alan Gordon and Alon Ziv? Any thoughts on the book, or the the app Curable? I really like their explanation and approach. I haven't been one of their remarkable success stories, but it has helped me some. 

As someone who has lived with chronic pain for over 20 years I understand being desperate to try anything. I've done all that traditional medicine has to offer, and tried many alternative, homeopathic and straight up snake oil approaches hoping something, anything would help. I hate when people prey on those in pain to make money. Enough with the MLMs already. A friend who briefly sold Plexus thought it could help me. Seriously? That is one thing I didn't try. 

I haven't!  I'm mostly familiar with Adriaan Louw's work.  I'll have to look into those.  Chronic pain is something that was starting to really become a thing while I was in grad school, and one of my faculty was going through a year long course at the time and incorporated a lot of what she was learning into our classes.  

Have you used Orientate at all?  One of the things I thought was absolutely fascinating was that a lot of chronic pain patients have difficulty discriminating left and right, and part of rewiring the brain to process pain correctly is to retrain the L/R discrimination.  I don't know if there's a good explanation for why that is, but it's something that intrigues me.  

• Love 3

3 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Have you used Orientate at all?  One of the things I thought was absolutely fascinating was that a lot of chronic pain patients have difficulty discriminating left and right, and part of rewiring the brain to process pain correctly is to retrain the L/R discrimination.  I don't know if there's a good explanation for why that is, but it's something that intrigues me.

I have not heard of Orientate or Adriaan Louw but I will check them out. Thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

From the Friendly Atheist website. Kent Hovind has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for domestic violence. 

I suspect Kent Hovind is somewhere on a personality disorder continuum although I have no idea which one -- this is not his first experience as a guest in the gray bar hotel.  

It says something that his followers will just keep on following and sending in $$$$$. 

• Upvote 3

Update on Nathan Rager, the fanatical, homophobic, misogynistic preacher who was arrested in June for domestic violence.

• On August 29, he has a horrifying bible lesson with his little girl:
Spoiler

image.png.b2290efb1913da3d883ba557467f158c.png

• On September 2, he sees his daughter again and post another, not as horrifying KJV bible lesson.  On September 6, he asks for prayers for his daughter who has COVID.  His dear wife is quarantining with her since she took her to the doctor.  He also asks for prayers for his wife who is "who could be immunocompromised based off lingering sicknesses she had following that untested v@xxine."  He goes on to let us know that she has been traumatized by this "dempanic".  He asks for prayers for his wife's and his estranged mother soul, who is also sick with COVID.  With the post, he included an old post of his wife, daughter, and him.it could be possible his wife went back to him, but I'm thinking it's some grand delusion on his part.  There is no evidence of his wife being back with him.
Spoiler

418894551_Screenshot2021-09-247_52_04PM.thumb.png.2ac4cfae170bae60262f0f1ef0308107.png

• On September 13, he posts that he has all but two of the symptoms and will be tested.  He asks for prayers for his unsaved family and his bills.  On September 16, he posts a picture of himself in front of a hospital; he is wearing his "Jesus Saves from Hell" shirt, and is there to get his lungs/oxygen checked out and most importantly, preach to others at the hospital.  He again asks for prayers for his finances.
Spoiler

image.png.cfa4f5da144946c7a7fee71fae89cf15.png

• He is well enough on September 22 to go to  his "shoot" job (he explains in the comments that this is the job he does to pay the bills) and makes a post of what he thinks of the "sodomites he saw kissing."  Again, he asks for prayers for his finances. 
  • He also made two recent posts about females who made "false" accusations against men.  

This man is revolting and repulsive.

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

So he's healthier than he's ever been (!) but runs off to the ER because he has vague symptoms that might be COVID?  

Good for his wife for getting vaxxed and why am I zero surprised that he's estranged from his own mother?

Wing-nut territory!  Way too many crazy/abusive men are fundamentalist preachers because it allows them to both indulge in and mask their mental illness. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

On 9/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, ifosterkittens said:

I'm in Season 1 and just finished Episode 3.  Whoo boy.  

As an example of their insanely explosive growth and the amount of money coming in,  they had a 0172 convention for LulaRoe sellers.  They hired Katy Perry to perform and spent about 30 million dollars total on the venue, entertainment and all the related expenses.  They next year they had Kelly Clarkson perform at a private event. 

At the end of episode 3, sellers were receiving boxes of wet, smelly, clearly inferior unsellable products.  A facebook group on defective products is forming and a woman who isn't going to take it anymore has decided to put together a class action law suit. 

WTAF? I just googled and LulaRoe are STILL IN BUSINESS.  I'm looking at their website and can't for the life of me figure out how this business model works when clothes are easily available in stores or on line.  Maybe because you can go to someone's house and look at things and try them on?

Early on, the leggings were (and maybe are again) a lovely buttery smooth fabric in endless patterns.  Everyone loved them.  Maybe they got it together and got their production quality problems fixed. 

They've paid out staggering amounts of money in lawsuits, but this is a billion dollar company.  Remember that a billion is 1,000 millions.  They can afford to pay off lawsuits. 

• Upvote 5

Ewwww just got on that revolting Nathan ragers fb post.

What an obese disgusting POS he is.

I hope he gets his just desserts somewhere along the line and soon. His wife still seems to be with him.

Also what is his other job and did anyone give this ugly fat grifter any money for help with his finances.

You yuk yuk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, SnarkyLawyer said:

Has Mark Lewis been added? I didn't see his name. 

Who is he?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Who is he?

A pastor who led the Fellowship Baptist Church, in Vacaville, CA. Roger Jimenez of the Pastor Steven Anderson flock, was a member of the congregation.

The police were called numerous times to his house, for domestic violence. His wife, Johanna, endured well documented abuse, over several years. At one point, she was hospitalized. After she notified him that she was leaving him, she was found dead, hanging in her closet. It was ruled a suicide, although the way she was hanging was similar to the way he hung her against the walls, while abusing her. He had also been having extra marital affairs, and sexually harassing other young women, including minors. He was on the phone to his girlfriend, within 24 hours after his wife's death. However, she ended the relationship, after finding out about his sexual harassment and assault of minors. He then started to terrorize her, including hiring someone to set her house on fire.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic