IGNORED

Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes

Bethella

52 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I want the list to be as thorough and up-to-date as possible and they have been recent developments to add, thanks to @NancyDrewFan1989 who watched a youtube video by Curtis Bowers. Curtis Bowers admitted to being in the Capitol building. Hopefully the FBI found the video and took it down. 

Curtis admitted he was in the building. He said his sons went with him and also implied possibly his son-in-law Joshua Bontrager went with them.

In the building:

1. Curtis Bowers

2. Charlie Bowers 

3. Carver Bowers 

4. Joshua Bontrager (possibly)

5. possible minors

It is unclear if Marlin went in. It is unclear how many Bontrager sons were there and how many Bowers sons were there. It's possible all the boys were, but all of the unlisted Bowers boys and one of the Bontrager boys are minors. If any of the other Bontragers/Bowers went, we'll list the adults and put in placeholders for the minors. 

Also at the protest these people were known to be on the grass.

1. Lawson Bates

2. Trace Bates

3. Marlin Bontrager 

4. at least one minor

5. John Clay Burnett

6. Sarah Burnett

7. Frank Campana

8. Jeremiah Campana

9.  Sam Morton

10. Timothy Noyes (father of Jill R)

11. Peyton Weiss 

12. Skylar Weiss 

13. Mama Weiss

14. Abby Johnson

15. Greg Locke 

16. Ken Peters

Okay so all of these people protested a legitimate election.  I also decided to not include the name of the minor even though it's on the thread, because they're underage. If anyone knows of anyone else to add to list, you can add them, but please only do so if you're certain and have proof.  I assume people are telling the truth about the Morton/Campana, although I didn't see the screenshots there. 

The video has already been taken down on YouTube. Whether by Curtis or the FBI remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Hi all, I just want to make this perfectly clear about the Curtis Bowers now taken down video on YouTube. There has been a lot of talk about Curtis claiming he walked in with Joshua Bontrager and his sons. Curtis never CONFIRMED this. However, he did not deny it either. Curtis did confirm that he entered the U.S. Capitol building. While he did heavily imply that Joshua Bontrager and his sons entered with, it remains to be seen whether or not they really did go in with him. Curtis was very careful about his wording upon entering and did not fully confirm who went with him. I just want to clarify this as there seems to be some confusion regarding Curtis Bowers confirming this. Curtis only implied that others went with him. It has not been fully 100% confirmed whether any other Bowers and Bontragers entered.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

5 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Hi all, I just want to make this perfectly clear about the Curtis Bowers now taken down video on YouTube. There has been a lot of talk about Curtis claiming he walked in with Joshua Bontrager and his sons. Curtis never CONFIRMED this. However, he did not deny it either. Curtis did confirm that he entered the U.S. Capitol building. While he did heavily imply that Joshua Bontrager and his sons entered with, it remains to be seen whether or not they really did go in with him. Curtis was very careful about his wording upon entering and did not fully confirm who went with him. I just want to clarify this as there seems to be some confusion regarding Curtis Bowers confirming this. Curtis only implied that others went with him. It has not been fully 100% confirmed whether any other Bowers and Bontragers entered.

So, now I am listening to the Curtis Bowers podcast and, TBH, I can't really make it out now if any of them entered the capitol building. One minute Curtis makes it sound like they walked up the steps inside, the next he makes it sound like they stayed outside. I take full responsibility for this misunderstanding that any of the Bowers and Bontragers entered the U.S. Capitol building.

• Upvote 4

I’ll never understand these fundies bringing underage boys to an insurrection. The youngest Campana Boy is 16. Marlin Bontrager also brought his 15 year old.

5E0C337D-7B88-4700-BABA-A28192E78967.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Here’s another missionary predator.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55947570

There's a thread for him. The last I read was pretty much the same as the article you posted.

1 hour ago, Inky said:

Wow, both him and the wife. Disgusting pieces of shit they are.

I agree. Absolutely vile. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:06 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Okay, Thanks @artdecades! If anyone has a first name for Mrs. Weiss, that's appreciated. On the post where the Weiss women wear their winter Trump hats, the top comment is from the Seewalds offering to let the Weiss family stay with them. 

Here's the updated list:

List of everyone at the Capitol on Wednesday. These people seemed to all be outside.

1. Lawson Bates

2. Trace Bates

3. Jeremiah Campana

4. Sam Morton

5. Timothy Noyes (father of Jill)

6. Curtis Bowers

7.Marlin Bontrager

8. Joshua Bontrager

9. Lincoln Taylor Bontrager

10. Carver Bowers

11.  another Bowers

12. a minor

13. John Clay Burnett

14. Sarah Burnett (wife of John)

15. Peyton Weiss

16. Skylar Weiss

17. Mama Weiss

Okay so all of these people protested a legitimate election. I'm not sure how many Bowers were at the protest and there was at least one we're not sure of. I also decided to not include the name of the minor even though it's on the thread, because they're underage. If anyone knows of anyone else to add to list, you can add them, but please only do so if you're certain and have proof.  I assume people are telling the truth about the Morton/Campana, although I didn't see the screenshots there. 

Frank Campana was there too. He has a picture of them piled in a jeep heading to DC. Another of three of his sons while there. I don't know them all, but Frank's FB is kind of full of DC during those days. They (Campanas, fancy dressed Sam Morton) were there with the whole OSA asshats. Whichever Campana is engaged? His fiance was there as well. Some dude named Jason Storm was with them an has a video of him climbing the scaffolding, chanting "f*ck antifa" - because, you know, saying it's not them when they're right there but chanting antifa means it was all antifa. 

On another note, they've already begun using Mariah's offspring as fodder at their anti-women bullshit gatherings. There is a picture of Jeremiah next to a disturbing poster, holding the baby. They were in Arizona apparently "protesting" a bill that would charge people with homicide for abortions. 

Seriously, these people are a bunch of sick mother f*ckers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

More Ravi Zacharias fall out: Law firm details sexual misconduct by global ministry leader

At least they got serious about hiring someone to investigate and that entity hired actual experienced investigators.  No surprise, they found the evidence, lots of evidence, tons of evidence.  All they had to do was interview people and then believe them.  Oh, and the pictures of 200 women on Ravi's phone. 

Ravi Zacharias...engaged in sexual misconduct with massage therapists and carried on many amorous extramarital relationships via text message and email, according to a scathing, in-depth report from a law firm hired by the ministry.

These folks need to drop the name Ravi Zacharias and rebrand. The guy's dead, so shouldn't be that much of a problem.  He was a huge predator with sexual compulsions and there's no reason for his name to be associated with the ministry any longer.  That is, if they survive.  Their reputation is in tatters, his books aren't in demand, donations are drying up, nobody wants them to send speakers for events (which they shouldn't be holding during the pandemic). 

Also, now RZIM (run by Ravi's daughter)  feels terrible, just awful about calling Ravi's credible accusers lying liars who lie, because they were indeed, telling the truth about Ravi's assaults. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Christianity Today has also piled on: Hundreds of Pictures of Women, Abuse During Massages, and a Rape Allegation

There are some awful things in this article, so trigger warning for sure, including this excerpt: 

Spoiler

Zacharias used tens of thousands of dollars of ministry funds dedicated to a “humanitarian effort” to pay four massage therapists, providing them housing, schooling, and monthly support for extended periods of time, according to investigators.

One woman told the investigators that “after he arranged for the ministry to provide her with financial support, he required sex from her.” She called it rape.

She said Zacharias “made her pray with him to thank God for the ‘opportunity’ they both received” and, as with other victims, “called her his ‘reward’ for living a life of service to God,” the report says.

Zacharias warned the woman—a fellow believer—if she ever spoke out against him, she would be responsible for millions of souls lost when his reputation was damaged.

Edited by Howl
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Christianity Today has also piled on: Hundreds of Pictures of Women, Abuse During Massages, and a Rape Allegation

There are some awful things in this article, so trigger warning for sure, including this excerpt: 

What a gross monster, and how unsurprising that the victims weren't believed until the evidence became too overwhelming to ignore.

I noticed in the article that the lawyer for a victim who came forward earlier was named Basyle Tchividjian. Is this possibly a relative of the notorious Tullian Tchividjian?

Spoiler

2050700905_ScreenShot2021-02-12at8_05_06pm.thumb.png.f32972c42eb333b26633610abdb9eb9e.png

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

What a gross monster, and how unsurprising that the victims weren't believed until the evidence became too overwhelming to ignore.

I noticed in the article that the lawyer for a victim who came forward earlier was named Basyle Tchividjian. Is this possibly a relative of the notorious Tullian Tchividjian?

Hide contents

2050700905_ScreenShot2021-02-12at8_05_06pm.thumb.png.f32972c42eb333b26633610abdb9eb9e.png

His brother, I think. He seems dedicated to uncovering sex abuse incidents within the church and started his own organisation GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment). It seems GRACE is aimed at helping churches be educated in preventing and spotting abuse and also handling it effectively and safely.

https://www.netgrace.org

He discusses his work and sexual abuse within churches in this other article I found. Also offers a comparison with the Catholic Church a bit.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xwwd3w/billy-grahams-grandson-says-protestants-abuse-kids-just-like-catholics

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Thank you, @FrumperedCat. I had heard of Boz Tchividjian before, but I hadn't realized that Boz is a nickname for Basyle. I was rather confused until I clicked the link you posted. :confused:

On 2/12/2021 at 3:39 AM, Katzchen24 said:

Rachel Denhollander's powerful take on this:  You did not lift your voice to cry for the truth you now applaud. That fell on the shoulders of the victims. The women.

<snip>

For every leader who has written a blog post, tweeted, commented on, the steps being taken by RZIM, how good they are, how important the truth is, or how to prevent this, please hear the grief you are compounding

You have written about how good and right these steps are, but not until they were already taken. Not until the facade was removed. 

and this: 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 9

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the John Ortberg thread but it's been archived? anyway, Daniel Lavery has publicised an account of sexual abuse by John Ortberg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,  I read through the Ruth Malhotra letter, which was fascinating.  She mentioned an 'issue' with Nabeel Qureshi.  Does anyone know to what she was referring?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn’t sure if this warranted its own thread. Kanakuk Kamps, which is apparently a massive Christian summer sleep away camp, had a predator rising through their ranks for years, despite numerous parent reports about his behavior. Linked below is the overview of what happened. Warning: there are many graphic parts detailing his crimes. 

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/they-arent-who-you-think-they-are?fbclid=IwAR0bsInq2pg1wAaBPfj8CnrbaQYfOy4MyWkbfJzCxAmZyoLdp9wz4qctrao

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, G33kywife said:

I wasn’t sure if this warranted its own thread. Kanakuk Kamps, which is apparently a massive Christian summer sleep away camp, had a predator rising through their ranks for years, despite numerous parent reports about his behavior.

Thank you for posting this & I think this is an appropriate place to do so. 

The main predator, Peter Newman, was a longtime Kanakuk employee and seems to have been protected for years by Kanakuk CEO Joe White, who himself is well-known fundie speaker & author -- note the James Dobson endorsement, below.

621265856_JoeWhitefriendtoabusesrs.thumb.png.df79fe54522756a5c2de9bc849ac458a.png

Many parents complained to White about Newman's behavior years before something was done. Newman is now serving 35 years in prison for his crimes.

Looks like White has taken down his social media, at least temporarily -- hope that means that people are going after him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Christianity Today has picked up this story:

The Frenches’ investigation noted how the number of Kanakuk victims who have come forward over the years remains unknown. Many have been settled complaints with non-disclosure agreements, which do not permit victims to speak out about what happened to them. A twelfth anonymous victim (John Doe XII) filed a lawsuit this year.

This weekend, a new website, FactsAboutKanakuk.com, launched with a petition calling on the camp to release victims from NDAs so more stories of abuse at the camp can come to light.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic