IGNORED

Fundy Walk of Shame: Scandals and Crimes

Bethella

Another Republican who preys on underage females and is a born-again, pro-life "Christian".

From the WaPo article:

The KyCIR [Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting] report highlights how Johnson — known in his church community as “Danny Ray Johnson” — painted a picture of himself over the years as a pro-gun, pro-life “patriot,” which helped propel him into the Kentucky legislature in 2016, when he won the House’s 49th District seat.  But the seven-month investigation, comprised of more than 100 interviews and thousands of pages of public records, alleges the Republican’s persona is orchestrated to mask a series of concerning incidents — including sexual abuse, arson and false testimony.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

I guess he took the easy way out. His family must be going through hell.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

https://hsinvisiblechildren.org/2013/05/25/child-of-stephen-douglas-james/

This convicted felon, Texas inmate #01451321, was my high school science teacher. Looking back, his behavior was very strange at times. It was excused because "he's such a godly man". I don't know whether he fit the definition of a psychopath but he was definitely a narcissist with a truly pathological need for attention. I remember one time in class where he cut his finger rather dramatically with a sharp knife and dripped his blood all over some slides so we could look at it through a microscope. I can't remember if it was the same finger he later cut off in a faked suicide / real escape attempt. 

But hey, at least all those fearful fundy homeschooling parents kept their kids safe from the scary people at the government schools!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think something needs to be added about Sam and Serene Alison (Serene and her sister Pearl of Trim Healthy Mama fame, daughters of the founder of Above Rubies, Nancy Campbell) for their abuse of their adopted children. Overview here: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/christian-evangelical-adoption-liberia/2/

Edited by fellowunfundie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

I think something needs to be added about Sam and Serene Alison

I agree.  Perhaps put them under Nancy Campbell because we already have her for the part she played in Evangelical adoption and failed adoptions.  What the Allisons did to Isaiah was horrible and they were all treated as slave labor.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Sam and Serene Alison (Serene and her sister Pearl of Trim Healthy Mama fame

Whoa! I see that TMH shite everywhere, including a FB "friend" who seems to be a group leader or something.  Gretchen Acheson (of YLCF a.k.a. Kindred Spirits) was or is doing TMH as well.

Not surprised that TMH is associated with the vile Campbell family.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

I think something needs to be added about Sam and Serene Alison (Serene and her sister Pearl of Trim Healthy Mama fame, daughters of the founder of Above Rubies, Nancy Campbell) for their abuse of their adopted children. Overview here: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/christian-evangelical-adoption-liberia/2/

If you write it up, I'll put it in.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Pastor Greg Locke has committed quite the scandal. He left his wife and is now courting a woman who left her second husband for Greg. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Pastor Greg Locke has committed quite the scandal. He left his wife and is now courting a woman who left her second husband for Greg. 

I wouldn't have seen this anywhere if you hadn't posted here - and I think it is quite significant, in terms of number of people this guy has influenced. Will try to keep tabs on this as events move forward.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, apple1 said:

I wouldn't have seen this anywhere if you hadn't posted here - and I think it is quite significant, in terms of number of people this guy has influenced. Will try to keep tabs on this as events move forward.

It's all over Facebook. He's made a video crying about it. He's posted on fb about it and a number of his ex parishioners have posted about it on fb. The rabbit hole is mostly fb. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's all over Facebook. He's made a video crying about it. He's posted on fb about it and a number of his ex parishioners have posted about it on fb. The rabbit hole is mostly fb. 

I probably blocked his FB page after the Target bathroom crap. I don't have patience for 50-gazillion re-shares of crap like that. This does, of course, have the disadvantage that I may miss significant things like this.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a big crime, but this story is pretty hilarious:

Pennsylvania Pastor Caught in Parked Car with Bound Naked Man - Pastor George Gregory of Waterfront Christian Community Church, PA, claims he was engaged in drugs counselling...

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/02/13/25810623/pennsylvania-pastor-caught-in-parked-car-with-bound-naked-man

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

It's very sobering reading that list. I personally know a handful of those people on there. It's sad that those are only the ones that got caught. There are hundreds, thousands, more that SHOULD be on there but haven't been caught. I've said this before and I'll say it again, my parents used the Pearls book to train us. I firmly believe both my parents should be in prison. My mother for doing it and my father for knowing about it but not stopping her. When I threatened to call CPS one time my mom told me to go ahead and call them, but they will strip me naked in front of my brothers and of course I didn't want that because modesty was everything. And she beat the shit out of me for even saying I should call CPS so I never threatened that again. But knowing what I know now, I wish I would have called back then. She would be in prison for sure. 

• Sad 13
  • Love 3

I noticed that a lot of the victims were adopted children. I hope for the sake of the children that fundie trophy adoptions have stopped.

• Upvote 2

I just discovered that Trim Healthy Mama is product of the Colin and Nancy Campbell daughters Serene and Pearl. Holy Moly, how did I miss that? Talk about whack-a-doodles!  Serene should have been arrested for child abuse and neglect but instead has a best seller?? UGH

• Upvote 2

I just discovered that Trim Healthy Mama is product of the Colin and Nancy Campbell daughters Serene and Pearl. Holy Moly, how did I miss that? Talk about whack-a-doodles!  Serene should have been arrested for child abuse and neglect but instead has a best seller?? UGH
Oh my gosh! I know someone who is following this eating plan...
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2018 at 3:55 AM, Lurky said:

It's not a big crime, but this story is pretty hilarious:

Pennsylvania Pastor Caught in Parked Car with Bound Naked Man - Pastor George Gregory of Waterfront Christian Community Church, PA, claims he was engaged in drugs counselling...

Claiming drug counseling.  That should be a tough sell but I guess someone will believe it.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Claiming drug counseling.  That should be a tough sell but I guess someone will believe it.  

We have a local politician who, years ago, claimed that he couldn't walk a straight line when he was stopped for possible DUI because he was wearing cowboy boots. :pb_rollseyes: When his breath test showed high blood alcohol level, he had to come up with another far-fetched excuse. I don't know about the other voters, but I never bought his excuses, I never forgot, and I've never voted for him.

• Upvote 3

On 2/24/2018 at 2:04 AM, SamuraiKatz said:

Oh my gosh! I know someone who is following this eating plan...

I know lots of folks on that plan. It's popular in Christian circles but has gone very mainstream in my area of the country. There are stores here that carry the THM brand of food, supplements, etc...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jim and Paige Nachtigal have finally been sentenced for biblically beating two of their adopted Peruvian children. Paige is self-pitying to the end in her court statements.

http://harveycountynow.com/news/nachtigals-sentenced-to-prison-for-horrific-child-abuse

We have an old thread on this if you have the stomach for the background stories.

• Thank You 7

4 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Jim and Paige Nachtigal have finally been sentenced for biblically beating two of their adopted Peruvian children. Paige is self-pitying to the end in her court statements.

http://harveycountynow.com/news/nachtigals-sentenced-to-prison-for-horrific-child-abuse

We have an old thread on this if you have the stomach for the background stories.

Looks like they did the "pity poor me" act to explain the abuse.  But fortunately the judge did not buy their act.  They are at least going to prison, although I think that the sentence should be much longer.

• Upvote 7

Just now, Lurky said:

32 months each for the Nachtigals?  Wow, that seems a light sentence for what they did.

Yeah, with good behavior they could get out in 27 months.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 3

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic