IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

I just clicked on an item on their registry because I was interested in the actual item for myself and got an interesting message that provides further suggestive evidence that this is, in fact, their registry and that the tumblr posters and others who call the listed date just a placeholder are correct.

Duggar Registry.JPG

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Casserole said:

If their honeymoon is camping, I could see the sleeping bags and hiking boots on their registry as cute. Plenty of people have those honeymoon funds and sites where guests can "purchase" a dinner on your honeymoon or an activity. I see no difference here and it is something they'll use in real life. There are already things purchased off the registry, so either some young humper girl is making out here or it is absolutely real. 

Also, if the honeymoon is camping, I hope they follow in the sisters' footsteps of a little mini-moon weekend getaway before the trip for all the sex... It could absolutely be a fun trip (I'd love it if it were someplace cool) but I would not want to be a virgin, fundie, bride in a tent. On hard ground. With no shower. I'm not even outdoorsy but the though of 2 weeks hiking through the 

What would be awesome if these two could go on hiking through Europe and stay in youth hostels, and have a REAL world adventures where they did more than allow others to gaze on their godliness. 

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Keeping the date (and especially the location) secret is one thing I will never blame them for. But it will probably leak before the wedding, just like with Jinger's. Jonathan Hartono already seemed to imply that it would be late May or early June. And I'm sure Jill Rodrigues won't be able to contain herself if she gets an invite.

This. JIll will accidentally blurt something out.

6 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

This. JIll will accidentally blurt something out.

Didn't Jill kind of do this with one of the other weddings, when she posted their schedule and there was two days in Arkansas for a super sekrit event or something? 

Just now, FarFlungFemale said:

Didn't Jill kind of do this with one of the other weddings, when she posted their schedule and there was two days in Arkansas for a super sekrit event or something? 

She did. She was super coy about "oh this event we have to go to that is super secret!!!!" We allllll know, JIll. 

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

Also, if the honeymoon is camping, I hope they follow in the sisters' footsteps of a little mini-moon weekend getaway before the trip for all the sex... It could absolutely be a fun trip (I'd love it if it were someplace cool) but I would not want to be a virgin, fundie, bride in a tent. On hard ground. With no shower. 

I make the plans when my male friends and I have a camping and hiking adventure. My rule is that we WILL stay in a State/County park that has showers.

Regarding the bride in a tent, for a couple of us that made a bathroom run at the same time before leaving for a hike, we heard an obviously amorous couple in a tent across from the bathroom. I'll admit- it was a bit awkward to hear. Tenting gives you the illusion of privacy, but sounds still carry.

I can see a camping honeymoon being tons of fun, and a totally romantic idea for a honeymoon, but it depends on where you go camping. It would not be at all romantic if Joy and Austin camped in freaking Arkansas at his parents campground for their honeymoon! If I were going to go camping for a honeymoon, I would probably opt for Russian River State Beach/Park in California. 1/3rd of the day at the beach, 1/3 of the day hiking in the mountains (plus baby otters playing in the fresh water rivers while you hike, just...aww ♡), and sunset on the cliffs overlooking the ocean with dinner and a campfire. My anti-fan-ness hopes they have something more romantic in mind if they're going camping for their honeymoon.

Come on Austin, take Joy to Yosemite, Rocky Mountain National Park, or Kodochrome for goodness sake! You're in love, right? Be in love someplace gorgeous, it will accentuate the feeling! Don't settle for your parents' campground for something like your honeymoon! 

ETA: Having said that, I'm biased towards Mendocino county for honeymoon camping cause that's where I got married. 

mfp_ds_190.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

She did. She was super coy about "oh this event we have to go to that is super secret!!!!" We allllll know, JIll. 

Oh she WANTED people to know.  That was her whole purpose in posting what she did.  She wanted to brag, she wanted the attention, all while maintaining the veneer of modesty and discretion.  

It would have been SO EASY for her to drop no hints.  Omit the weekend entirely from her list.  Say something like a "family event".  

It was like a child unable to keep a secret:

"Oooooh, we have something planned, but it's SECRET!"

"OK"

"I can't tell you what it is.  It's PRIVATE!"

"Fine"

"The HOSTS asked me not to say ANYTHING.  But it's a SPECIAL EVENT, and we are VERY EXCITED to be part of this BIG DAY."

"That's good."

"It's in Arkansas"

"Oh is that the Duggar wedding?"

"OMG HOW DID YOU GUESS?!?"

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Oh she WANTED people to know.  That was her whole purpose in posting what she did.  She wanted to brag, she wanted the attention, all while maintaining the veneer of modesty and discretion.  

It would have been SO EASY for her to drop no hints.  Omit the weekend entirely from her list.  Say something like a "family event".  

It was like a child unable to keep a secret:

"Oooooh, we have something planned, but it's SECRET!"

"OK"

"I can't tell you what it is.  It's PRIVATE!"

"Fine"

"The HOSTS asked me not to say ANYTHING.  But it's a SPECIAL EVENT, and we are VERY EXCITED to be part of this BIG DAY."

"That's good."

"It's in Arkansas"

"Oh is that the Duggar wedding?"

"OMG HOW DID YOU GUESS?!?"

You forgot the ...............smile.

I can see Joy and Austin doing the 1st days of their honeymoon in a fancy old lodge in the one of the National Parks [like the Ahwanee in Yosemite or El Tovar at the Grand Canyon]--and then camp after that.

Although a lot of those lodges need to be booked MONTHS and MONTHS in advance.

It would serve Jill right if she didn't get an invite this time. Wasn't that the first Duggar wedding she was invited to? And it appears most of the Duggars avoided her like the plague. No pictures clinging to them like she managed with all the Bates. I don't think the Duggars particularly care for Jill, but you know she has been working hard to try and make sure she is invited to Joy's wedding. 

On 3/13/2017 at 11:36 PM, colors_outside15 said:

Even though I knew this was what Joy was destined for if she didn't make a run for it, it still breaks my heart to see all those cooking/kitchen ware items on a registry that may well be Joy's and Austin's (with a fake date). I think of Joy as being so young (which she is), and the registry in part proves that because many people already have the basics when they are getting married (they've lived together or worked and acquired the "needs" already), but this shows how she is really starting from nothing. I wasn't sad when any of the other girls got married, but I just want Joy running around in jeans with friends from college while she takes real math classes and learns how to rock climb. Instead, her virtue and sexuality is being sold on a TV show. :562479558b1bf_32(11):

Sigh...same here Colors. Sending hugs not that it would help. Not looking forward to this lil wedding coming up.

So, I would think that the engagement dinner was cute...  IF they weren't surrounded by tv crew, cameras, Duggar chaperones etc etc!  They're not having this lovely romantic moment - they're acting one, being told to repeat stuff to get a better shot, and having what should be a lovely moment turned into consumerism.

I was an outdoorsy teen/early 20s, and I loved going hiking with my partners, and camping with them, and it was fantastic to be in the hills, away from civilisation and people, and just alone with the person I loved.  Even when we went away in groups, we could still be by ourselves, loving nature etc etc. 

I went away with a boyfriend youth hostelling when I was 16, and we didn't sleep in the same rooms, and were relatively chaste, but it was still so meaningful because we could do what we want, go where we chose, and just be together doing something we loved.

Joy and Austin will never have that until they are married, and that breaks my heart for her.  When they say they "caught" the deer together, they'll have been chaperoned the whole time.

Yeah, without TLC they wouldn't get the twinkling lights and the table and such - but I wish they'd been able to go up into the hills and even just eat sandwiches together, to celebrate getting engaged.  I don't care about the saving sex/kissing til marriage (though I personally think it's good to at least check you're compatible BEFORE a legal contract!) but I really really hate how they can't even be alone.

38 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It would serve Jill right if she didn't get an invite this time. Wasn't that the first Duggar wedding she was invited to? And it appears most of the Duggars avoided her like the plague. No pictures clinging to them like she managed with all the Bates. I don't think the Duggars particularly care for Jill, but you know she has been working hard to try and make sure she is invited to Joy's wedding. 

I thought that she went to another one but then I realized I was thinking of Michael and Brandon's wedding.  Wouldn't it be embarrassing when 1000 people are invited but you don't make the cut?  I wanted to say if she doesn't get invited maybe she'll learn her lesson, but this is Jill.

57 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I can see Joy and Austin doing the 1st days of their honeymoon in a fancy old lodge in the one of the National Parks [like the Ahwanee in Yosemite or El Tovar at the Grand Canyon]--and then camp after that.

Tell me about it.  We are going to a wedding in a National Park in the Rocky Mountains.  The wedding is this September, but the deadline to book a room at the Park's hotel was last month in February!

A honeymoon like that will work if the first days they spend it at a cabin because getting your cherry popped at a tent sounds like a horrid story out of the bible so maybe they would like that:pb_rollseyes: sounds super FUN... NOT

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

J-Rod will fangirl this here wedding plumb to death. Guarantee it. 

4 hours ago, Casserole said:

If their honeymoon is camping, I could see the sleeping bags and hiking boots on their registry as cute. Plenty of people have those honeymoon funds and sites where guests can "purchase" a dinner on your honeymoon or an activity. I see no difference here and it is something they'll use in real life. There are already things purchased off the registry, so either some young humper girl is making out here or it is absolutely real. 

Also, if the honeymoon is camping, I hope they follow in the sisters' footsteps of a little mini-moon weekend getaway before the trip for all the sex... It could absolutely be a fun trip (I'd love it if it were someplace cool) but I would not want to be a virgin, fundie, bride in a tent. On hard ground. With no shower. 

Virgin, fundie, bride in a tent is an excellent thread title!

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

That sounds like my dream honeymoon. I always wanted to spend it on Mt Ranier, after visiting the visitor center as a teenager. I love visiting National Parks and having adventures.

5 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Duggar Registry.JPG

If I had a shot for every time a fundie said season of life... oh my words!

16 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Once a Duggar gets engaged, can they forgo the chaperoning? 

No. Jinger and Jeremy still had Jed as a chaperone when they were driving Jinger's things down to Texas. 

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

No. Jinger and Jeremy still had Jed as a chaperone when they were driving Jinger's things down to Texas. 

I mourn their ability to have private conversations

27 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Once a Duggar gets engaged, can they forgo the chaperoning? 

Jill and Derick still needed a chaperone at the wedding venue the morning of the wedding.  They can only lose the chaperone after saying 'I do'.

52 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill and Derick still needed a chaperone at the wedding venue the morning of the wedding.  They can only lose the chaperone after saying 'I do'.

Weren't J&J alone the morning of their wedding to say prayers or something?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived