IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The registry itself could be real, just the date fake to throw off leg humpers? All they would have to do is explain in their invite why the dates don't match. 

On the Matron/Maid of Honor thing, I tried doing that to my sister and she was basically like "I'll kill you if you refer to me as matron" :pb_lol: 

Well collectively, I referred to them as my bitches. :) 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Well collectively, I referred to them as my bitches. :) 

That's it. I won't have bridesmaids at my wedding, just my 4 bitches :pb_lol: 

25 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

That's it. I won't have bridesmaids at my wedding, just my 4 bitches :pb_lol: 

Please print that on the program.

PS I can't believe that TLC wrote that they personally "caught" a deer. Did they lasso it? Lay out a snare?  Did TLC not want to to use a violent verb like "shot" or "killed" or "bagged"?

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

PS I can't believe that TLC wrote that they personally "caught" a deer. Did they lasso it? Lay out a snare?  Did TLC not want to to use a violent verb like "shot" or "killed" or "bagged"?

Ellie's blog says 'hunted' which is neutral enough.  TLC should have used that phrasing too

It does seem like they are a good match. If only they were allowed to find out for sure before they get married and are stuck with eachother for ever and ever. 

I think the Duggars prefer short engagements, but I've not seen proof as what Austin's sisters engagement length was. Although, that could be fruitless, the brides family might get final say. 

I could see it being October if it was related to the camp as someone gave as a previous possibility. But it is unusual. I find her Birthday being the odd part personally, but maybe she set it up with a dummy date she could remember easily.

2 hours ago, Platipus said:

Ellie's blog says 'hunted' which is neutral enough.  TLC should have used that phrasing too

Technically, TLC did admit that they go hunting together, but as evidenced by the quotes in my original post, they still said the meat was "caught." Which makes me curious. What exactly did they do to "catch" a deer? Are they trying to protect the sensibilities of their viewers? If so, they failed. It's pretty absurd sounding.

Venison.PNG

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

What exactly did they do to "catch" a deer?

I have always jokingly referred to hunting/shooting deer as "catching."  Makes the local hunters laugh.

As far as TLC goes, no clue why they would use that term.  Hunt, harvest, both fine to use.  Unless, of course,  the young couple really *did* catch a deer, with a very large butterfly net or some other sort of gizmo from Acme that the Roadrunner/Wiley Coyote might have used.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Naw, I bet they just used Jim Bob's supply of Aqua-Net! Spray deer in place and let it suffocate on the fumes.

11 hours ago, Jilli said:

I think the Duggars prefer short engagements, but I've not seen proof as what Austin's sisters engagement length was. Although, that could be fruitless, the brides family might get final say. 

I could see it being October if it was related to the camp as someone gave as a previous possibility. But it is unusual. I find her Birthday being the odd part personally, but maybe she set it up with a dummy date she could remember easily.

His sister got engaged in august and married in November, so the standard 3 months

I have a friend who married on her birthday. One less date to remember when you have a massive family?

Honestly though it's probably just because they needed a date and either haven't set one yet or want it kept secret. I can imagine them wanting a real outdoor/woodland theme (like JinJer but actually outdoors) so I think they'd have it earlier to have a better chance of good weather so Sierra doesn't have to run around trying to get heaters a couple of hours before guests arrive.

I saw on one of the tumblrs that it's been confirmed that the date is just a placeholder, they are not communicating their wedding date at this time. It makes sense, they'll do the same thing as for Jinger's wedding and just never tell the public.

Joy's birthday is too far away in any case. I'm still betting on a late spring/early summer wedding.

Keeping the date (and especially the location) secret is one thing I will never blame them for. But it will probably leak before the wedding, just like with Jinger's. Jonathan Hartono already seemed to imply that it would be late May or early June. And I'm sure Jill Rodrigues won't be able to contain herself if she gets an invite.

I like to think that Joy and Austin chased down and caught that deer with their bare paws, sinking their teeth into its neck, like a pair of cheetahs on the Serengeti. Proof that Duggar girls really can do anything in skirts and flip flops.

18 hours ago, Platipus said:

Personally would have loved an outdoor date like this. They look cute and happy 

Counting-On-Joy-Engagement-Dinner-19.png

I would also LOVE a date like that. Even with the hunting part!

17 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

It does seem like they are a good match. If only they were allowed to find out for sure before they get married and are stuck with eachother for ever and ever. 

If they could only be a normal couple or at least get the chance to marry and get an education and pursue some of their dreams.

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I like to think that Joy and Austin chased down and caught that deer with their bare paws, sinking their teeth into its neck, like a pair of cheetahs on the Serengeti. Proof that Duggar girls really can do anything in skirts and flip flops.

maybe the deer tripped over the flip flops and then Austin smothered it with his kisses because he can't kiss Joy

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

You are confusing J&A for Edward and Bella, I can see how you do it, 2 love struck teens both virgins look for a a way out of their boring lives. Too bad they are sparkling in the sunlight. 

They ravaged the deer cause they couldn't ravage each other? Ah, young strangulated fundy love.  

Wait wait wait wait, do teenagers actually roleplay the Duggars online? Is that a thing? Do people enjoy doing that? It must be so boring! "I fill the washing machine for the 8th time today, who's watching the littles?"

Not knocking roleplay by the way, I'm heading out tomorrow for a weekend of H.P. Lovecraft-inspired horror live action roleplay. But c'mon, what's more exciting- facing eldritch horrors, or making tater tot casserole? :tw_octopus:

On 3/15/2017 at 5:15 AM, jakesykora said:

I've seen it regularly for 25+ years worth of weddings I've been part of in various capacities. (Western part of the US - large city)

I was Maid of Honor once with a Matron of Honor.  It was awkward and weird.  Who holds the ring?  The flowers?  Who plans the party?  Usually a bride who can't made a decision or doesn't want to offend.  MHO.

I definitely believe the registry is real.  It makes too much sense.  Household stuff plus construction gear (for Austin the houseflipper) plus camping gear, not to mention the gift cards.  Nothing frilly, nothing extraneous.  I can definitely seeing this being their real registry.  I also don't think that they will wait until her birthday to get married unless she had "convicted" to wait until she was 20.  (A la Anna).  We'll see.  The engagement pics were cute.  Looked cold but they seemed to be enjoying their time and it looks like a good match.  I wouldn't be surprised if they went camping on their honeymoon. 

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

I definitely believe the registry is real.  It makes too much sense.  Household stuff plus construction gear (for Austin the houseflipper) plus camping gear, not to mention the gift cards.  Nothing frilly, nothing extraneous.  I can definitely seeing this being their real registry.  I also don't think that they will wait until her birthday to get married unless she had "convicted" to wait until she was 20.  (A la Anna).  We'll see.  The engagement pics were cute.  Looked cold but they seemed to be enjoying their time and it looks like a good match.  I wouldn't be surprised if they went camping on their honeymoon. 

If their honeymoon is camping, I could see the sleeping bags and hiking boots on their registry as cute. Plenty of people have those honeymoon funds and sites where guests can "purchase" a dinner on your honeymoon or an activity. I see no difference here and it is something they'll use in real life. There are already things purchased off the registry, so either some young humper girl is making out here or it is absolutely real. 

Also, if the honeymoon is camping, I hope they follow in the sisters' footsteps of a little mini-moon weekend getaway before the trip for all the sex... It could absolutely be a fun trip (I'd love it if it were someplace cool) but I would not want to be a virgin, fundie, bride in a tent. On hard ground. With no shower. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived