IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

There's another possibility: Joe and Kendra are already engaged or soon to be, and they will have a summer wedding thus pushing Joy to october. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I wonder who Joy will choose as her Maid/Matron of Honor since she's in such a weird spot in the birth order. Jinger and Jessa were each other's, Jana was Jill's and presumably Jill will be Jana's if that ever happens. I could see her choosing Jill as Matron and Carlin Bates as Maid of Honor.

Or since it looks like Carlin is courting, maybe they'll just have a double wedding and call it a day.

I've never heard of having both a matron and a maid of honor? I have only ever heard of having one maid OR matron of honor!?

Jill/Derick married before Jessa/Ben who started courting first. So, I could see Joe/Kendra marrying before Joy/Austin.

1 hour ago, PainfullyAware said:

I've never heard of having both a matron and a maid of honor? I have only ever heard of having one maid OR matron of honor!?

I've seen it regularly for 25+ years worth of weddings I've been part of in various capacities. (Western part of the US - large city)

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Jill/Derick married before Jessa/Ben who started courting first. So, I could see Joe/Kendra marrying before Joy/Austin.

True, but it was explicitly said that Ben and Jessa courted much longer because he was so young.
In this case - yes, Joy ist very young, but Kendra is even younger, so that really wouldn't make much sense.

2 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

As someone said above, I've seen it plenty of times. You can configure your wedding party however you want. If Jill can have four flower girls I don't see why her sister can't have two maids of honor! I believe Michael (Bates) Keilen had two matrons of honor at her wedding- her mom and her sister. It's definitely been done.

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I believe Michael (Bates) Keilen had two matrons of honor at her wedding- her mom and her sister. It's definitely been done.

Micheal only had Kelly as a MOH. Erin wore same dress as Kelly because it was soon after Carson's birth and she wanted to cover up any lingering excess weight.

My fantasy would be that Joy would have some of her brothers as Bridesmen and Man of Honor, but I know the Duggars aren't that liberal. 

On 2017-03-13 at 0:16 PM, Mela99 said:

Rod and Todd Flanders are delightful. 

Nice boys indeed. Their father was easily swindled. If only I hadn't made that lay over in North Haverbrook I would have had that nice vacation to Tahiti with Springfield's money.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

But Jessa and Ben were not engaged until after Jill and Derick's wedding. To me it seems as if an engagement is a green light to start planning a wedding in that family. Ben had to start working with Jim Bob before he was allowed to ask Jessa for her hand in marriage. 

I know they've said before that engagement should be short so as to avoid stretching out the period of temptation. In the past they've expressed the view that an engagement should be just as long as necessary to plan the wedding. So I have a very hard time believing that they'd allow Joy to be engaged for almost 8 months.

Other reasons Joy and Austin would wait 8 months: 

1. Sierra said there are several weddings happening this year, so maybe this was the only wedding date not booked.

2. One of her bridesmaids is expecting :pb_wink:

3. One of her siblings  is engaged or close to being engaged.  

I'm not sure if I trust the registry. It might be created by that weirdest of internet subcultures: teenagers who pretend to be Duggars on the internet because their moms don't let them watch Dr. Who or anime or any of the shows that normal kids RP.

Seriously, when my friends and I were teenagers we pretended to be characters from The Silmarillion online. What's wrong with kids the days?

Did anyone else see the post about Joy and Austin's engagement dinner? Apparently they had grilled venison they "caught" (read hunted) together, along with potatoes and green beans. It does look like it was a nice evening for grilling on the mountain, if perhaps a bit cold. TLC posted a bunch of pictures plus the recipes for the three dishes.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/get-the-recipes-from-joy-and-austins-engagement-dinner/

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

There's another possibility: Joe and Kendra are already engaged or soon to be, and they will have a summer wedding thus pushing Joy to october. 

I think it's very likely J/K are already engaged. Dim Bulb wouldn't adbide another Josiah/Marjorie

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Micheal only had Kelly as a MOH. Erin wore same dress as Kelly because it was soon after Carson's birth and she wanted to cover up any lingering excess weight.

Oh my bad, I just assumed! Thanks for the correction.

I had a friend in high school who had surgery to fix his underbite.  He ended up having complications and was out of school for several weeks.  He was a husky guy and probably needed to lose a couple pounds, but when I finally saw him again he had lost so much weight that he looked sickly.

8 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I did. My maid of honor had been my BFF for over 30 years and my matron of honor had been my college roommate and friend for over 15 years. I couldn't choose one over the other. 

If the registry was fake, wouldn't it be taken down by now? People are buying things. I remember someone made a fake Target registry for Ben and Jessa, it was taken down that day.

ETA: Another reason for waiting 7 months: Austin and his family are busy with the camp.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Seriously, when my friends and I were teenagers we pretended to be characters from The Silmarillion online. What's wrong with kids the days?

When I was a kid we pretend to be Charlies Angels.  Does that make me old? Yes that is a rhetorical question.  :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

Did anyone else see the post about Joy and Austin's engagement dinner? Apparently they had grilled venison they "caught" (read hunted) together, along with potatoes and green beans. It does look like it was a nice evening for grilling on the mountain, if perhaps a bit cold. TLC posted a bunch of pictures plus the recipes for the three dishes.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/get-the-recipes-from-joy-and-austins-engagement-dinner/

Oh geeze, that is so over the top sweet and cute I may barf. I don't want to be all awe what a sweet couple, but ok fine, this ONE time.   As awful as these families beliefs are, these two kids weren't given any choice in how they are raised, I do think they deserve to be happy, and a I hope they are.  I also hope that in their happiness they learn to let other live and love how ever they want, with out 2 more far right wing assholes tell them they are going to hell. 

Who is the male chaperone hovering over the campfire?

35 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

I did. My maid of honor had been my BFF for over 30 years and my matron of honor had been my college roommate and friend for over 15 years. I couldn't choose one over the other. 

Same. I couldn't choose. My Matron of Honor was my best friend since the age of 11, and my maid of honor was my best friend from law school

The registry itself could be real, just the date fake to throw off leg humpers? All they would have to do is explain in their invite why the dates don't match. 

On the Matron/Maid of Honor thing, I tried doing that to my sister and she was basically like "I'll kill you if you refer to me as matron" :pb_lol: 

The registry has to be real with a fake date.

JB/M would not allow Joy to be engaged for so long. The temptation to play Legos would be too great. That's why they do the short engagements.

People are buying stuff off the registry. People do not buy wedding gifts or have their shower 7+ months from their wedding.

J&A2 look great together.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived