IGNORED

Hope Pennington, atheist

16strong

Abusive. Passive. Aggressive. Narcissistic. BITCH!

I'm so sorry. I have a female partner. We're not in a position (financially or medically) right now to get pregnant but I want a child. I love talking with the kids at work and it just breaks my heart (as well as angers me beyond belief!) that Lisa Pennington and others like her can happily have child after child and explain away downright abuse because somehow in their mind it's right and just and THE CHILD IS AGAINST THEM! And somehow my sexuality and neurodiversity makes me deviant.

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

So, see those essential oils? I'm probably the wackadoo, but why is this OK with Christians? Not just ok, but A Thing. Peace and calm, and forgiveness. Seriously? Why is this not witchcraft? Have you ever read David Young s beliefs on oils? Why is it ok for a Christians to get "forgiveness" from a bottle? I don't understand why this is different that spells and potions and crystals. Which are all bad. Why is Harry Potter, a fictional book, of the Devil, but a mixture of oils that can alter your brain chemistry to give you Peace, is Godly? Cognitive dissonance anyone?

@Anonymousguest, that's a brilliant observation!  

Have you ever read David Young s beliefs on oils?

Do you have links? I have read some things about him that imply he's just a sleazy, skeezy, (albeit extremely successful), con artist. 

For those just starting out with the Penningtons, here's a post about Alecia Faith and identity abuse from the excellent Homeschoolers Anonymous.  

WHEN YOUR VERY IDENTITY IS HELD HOSTAGE: ALECIA PENNINGTON AND IDENTIFICATION ABUSE

@calimojo said: The stuff on the magnolia pearl looks like costumes from a movie about a 19th century traveling caravan of snake oil salesmen.  It really is worth taking a look at.  I am not sure who, in their right mind would wear any of this stuff

I've driven past the Magnolia Pearl store outside Fredericksburg, TX a few times in the last several months.  The whole Magnolia Pearl vibe is pretty damn gothic zombies on heroine.  Next time I'll stop in. Here's the pic from their web site: 

Screenshot 2017-04-16 at 6.36.16 AM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

Hope's video - particularly the part about getting away on her own to figure out who she is as an individual person (she said it better than I can paraphrase) makes me feel kinda guilty for still living with my parents at 30+.

• Upvote 2

Wow, popped over to Magnolia Pearl. The prices are ridiculous. 

Miss Favershams bridesmaids could have shopped there. 

Some items are possibly ok for festival wear or for bit parts in pantomime. 

Lisa aspired/s to this?!!!!!!!

• Upvote 8

Yes,  around the time of Faith's departure, she posted a picture of herself wearing a jacket she had purchased from there, sort of humble bragging about  how much it cost, but how it was worth it.  In all fairness, the jacket was tame compared to most of the trash they have. 

The clothing on that site is truly incredible.  The clown make up,  the rat's nest hair.  It is just such a bizarre aesthetic. 

I like eclectic fashion and vintage is fun, when it is mixed in an authentic, but this is some really messed up stuff.  Gothic zombie as someone above said, with a dash of Orphanage from Annie only set in the wild west.  Oh, and all of these rags can be yours for about $400 per piece

• Upvote 6

Holy Sweeney Todd, Batman!  Were they inspired by Helna Bonham Carter?
Now I feel better about my humble attempts at sewing my own cosplays. 

Edited by FeministShrew
Add a sentence.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

To top it all off, they have autoplay music on their website. Holy moly. Everything tacky and bad wrapped up into one.

• Upvote 10

The area on the highway outside of Frederickburg has turned into winery central; you can't swing a (metaphorical) cat without hitting a new winery tasting room.  Probably 6 or 7 have sprung up.  Could be people get loaded at tasting rooms, see Magnolia Pearl and think it's a good idea to do some shopping before getting back to Fredericksburg for dinner.  By the way, the store pictured above was built in the last few years.  It isn't an historic structure. 

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, Howl said:

It also means that Jacob is in his mid twenties and is still a fundy bachelor living at home. 

I would think the prospect of Lisa as mother-in-law would  turn anyone away from thoughts of marrying Jacob,  without even considering his lack of education or gainful employment.

Edited by VVV
Remove accidental double post
  • Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, Howl said:

The area on the highway outside of Frederickburg has turned into winery central; you can't swing a (metaphorical) cat without hitting a new winery tasting room.  Probably 6 or 7 have sprung up.  Could be people get loaded at tasting rooms, see Magnolia Pearl and think it's a good idea to do some shopping before getting back to Fredericksburg for dinner.  By the way, the store pictured above was built in the last few years.  It isn't an historic structure. 

You could be onto something there! A few glasses of wine make most things look better.

Just imagine opening the carrier bag in the cold light of day though!!!! Hope the returns policy is customer friendly :laughing-rolling:

The building is great though. I can imagine an old cow-boy sat on the porch, chewing tobacco and strumming a banjo. 

• Upvote 2

Ladies, I drink a LOT of wine. (Perks of being in the industry.) I've yet to reach the level of consumption that would make any of those clothes seem like a good idea! For those of you with Instagram feel free to search #magnoliapearl for more lols! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 13

To me Magnolia Pearl clothes look like a cross between a Captain Fracasse adaptation and a cleaner version of Pirates of the Caribbeans.

• Upvote 10

well she seems to certainly be committed to her fashion sense and her lifestyle.  I guess, I have to actually admire that.  She isn't hurting anyone, so she should go forth. 

But,  the connection between her and Lisa Pennington is the point.  It could well be there is no connection and Lisa just likes the clothing because they scream 'look at me, aren't I quirky?". which is right up Lisa's narcisstic alley. 

As to the designer of the clothing, she is probably a pretty cool person.  She was excited that Lilly Tomlin wore one of her dresses on Grace and Frankie, and remarked she likes the show.  So I am going to assume she is likely  pretty open minded and liberal in at least some of her beliefs, unlike L Pennington.  

• Upvote 4

On 4/13/2017 at 6:50 PM, lawlifelgbt said:

So, is Hope still in their guest house? Because I am pretty worried about her coming out and then still being around such a fundie family as hers. Given she is about to get her ID complete, what if her parents hold getting the ID against her, like saying "repent/go to conversion therapy if you want the document."

Isn't withholding someones ID a criminal offense?

I would really like to see the Pennington "parents" go to jail, if not for the child abuse, then for that - and trust, what they have done to their kids in other ways would be leaked, and they would be dealt with.

50 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

Isn't withholding someones ID a criminal offense?

After Alecia Faith Pennington left the Pennington homestead, her grandmother took her to see the local Texas state representative, Rep. Marsha Farney, to explain Faith's situation (an 18-year-old girl with no birth certificate, never went to see a doctor, never attended public school, so never appeared anywhere in the public record).   Marsha Farney is an educator with a PhD in curriculum and instruction who had taught in public schools, and she was sympathetic and understood the situation.  The Texas legislature meets on alternate years, and fortunately, the legislature was in session and the State of Texas passed legislation in 2015 to address identity abuse (denying a child proof of U.S. citizenship).  Here is some information I posted in August, 2015

Texas House Bill 2794: Relating to a delayed birth certificate; creating a criminal offense

A few details from Texas House Bill 2794:

The person denied a birth certificate can appeal to a probate court or district court either in the county of birth or county of current residence. The inclusion of a federal district court option is significant in that its ruling would likely have more clout related to the issuance of a Social Security number/passport.

A judge of a statutory probate court or district court may appoint an attorney ad litem... to represent the interests of the person seeking the delayed birth certificate. [Texas Family Law defines an Attorney Ad Litem as an attorney who provides legal services to a person, including a child, and who owes to the person the duties of undivided loyalty, confidentiality, and competent representation.]

If the person seeking a delayed birth certificate is unable to provide sufficient alternative documentary evidence to acquire a delayed birth certificate, a parent is required to sign an affidavit declaring that indeed they are the parent within 30 days of the request. Failure (or refusal) to do this can result in being charged with a Class A misdemeanor if the child is over the age of 15.

Three women in the Texas State House of Representatives (Marsha Farney (R), Judith Zaffrini (D), and Senfronia Thompson (D) got after it, introduced this bill, and shepherded  it through the legislative process.  Texas House Bill 2794 was signed into law on Sept. 1, 2015. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

I would love to see the Pennington parents discredited and possibly even in legal trouble as a result of the terrible things they have done to their children.

I want everyone of Lisa's oil customers to hae to read her description of spanking her baby until the child's spirit was broken and how she pretty much forced her older children to witness the abuse.  What that does to all of them is frightening.  The fact that Faith and Hope seem to be making their own way, is pretty darned impressive.  Every time I think of that poor little baby being spanked repeatedly while intermittently being 'cuddled and consoled' by his abuser I feel nauseated. 

• Upvote 14

20 hours ago, calimojo said:

For a fun look at Lisa's fashion sense look for her embracing modesty posts.  And,  I won't link it here, but definitely go check out the website for Magnolia Pearl clothing.  Lisa once bragged about buying some of that stuff on  her blog. 

The stuff on the magnolia pearl looks like costumes from a movie about a 19th century traveling caravan of snake oil salesmen.  It really is worth taking a look at.  I am not sure who, in their right mind would wear any of this stuff

I love reading the comments whenever the discussion rolls back around to Magnolia Pearl. :pb_lol:

Discussion about it from 2015:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I would love to see the Pennington parents discredited and possibly even in legal trouble as a result of the terrible things they have done to their children.

I want everyone of Lisa's oil customers to hae to read her description of spanking her baby until the child's spirit was broken and how she pretty much forced her older children to witness the abuse.  What that does to all of them is frightening.  The fact that Faith and Hope seem to be making their own way, is pretty darned impressive.  Every time I think of that poor little baby being spanked repeatedly while intermittently being 'cuddled and consoled' by his abuser I feel nauseated. 

I would post it daily on her site if it did not require an account. I dont want to give that crazy bitch my information.

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

I would post it daily on her site if it did not require an account. I dont want to give that crazy bitch my information.

You have to give some information. Doesn't have to be yours.

• Upvote 2

Oh, dear, Hope just got her own YL essential oils kit.

She will be assimilated; resistance is futile.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jack Sparrow + the Olsen Twins = Magnolia Pearl

Jack Sparrow + the Olsen Twins visit an opim den* = Magnolia Pearl

*thanks and a tip o' the hat to Peas n Carrots! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

A Finance oil?? Are you kidding me? I wonder what it smells like... crumpled sweaty dollar bills?

Young Living is off-the-wall with the magic potion thing, and Lisa is dumb as a rock for eating it all up. I would love to raid her oil chest one day and watch her completely unable to function like a baby who lost its blanky.

Capture.PNG

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 17

Hope is reading Harry Potter.  The coffee shop she works in looks great, she seems to be happy. Please let it stay this way. 

• Upvote 9

Hahaha, finance oil!  Oh good old God giving them all these magical potions oils to get through life.  She is stupid.

From the Young Living website:

Manage and balance your finances, and be free of debt. Be a good steward of the money entrusted to you. Debt is not compatible with the OolaLife and is a major stressor in many people’s lives. Live free of this burden and start taking steps to improving your finances.

The INFUSED Finance™ Inspired by Oola essential oil blend has been specially formulated to encourage positive emotions and increased feelings of abundance. This uplifting and inspiring blend also brings clarity and alertness.

Hm, maybe not spending $40 on 5mL of squished up plants with magical promises may be a small way to helping to manage your finances and be free of debt?  Increased feelings of abundance aren't going to help you if the money isn't abundant.

Their website is the funniest thing I've seen. Ancient Scripture oils!  Magic!

• Upvote 19