IGNORED

New picture of the Botkinettes!

Deleted12

Yes, how do they explain their unmarried status? In the courtship webinar didn't Ben or Geoff say something about how guys who are great Christian courtship prospects will come in droves if a girl is pure and virginal and being a good SAHD by serving Daddy? How does that explain the Botkins not having married years ago?

They've both apparently been in courtships before, and they've had many suitors, so my guess is that they're picky (which is understandable, given their views on submission and all) and haven't met the right guys yet.

They've both apparently been in courtships before,

I certainly hope AS and E have not given away pieces of their hearts then! I bet that is why the webinar, and so many other fundies, stress the lack of emotion in their courtships. When the courtship does not work out, they still have complete hearts if the whole process was handled more like a fact finding mission than a relationship.

Standing in back: A-S Botkin, Liberty Phillips (agreed this is an older pic; today on Dougie's blog there's a new pic of Liberty celebrating her 15th birthday), Be-All Phillips.

Seated in front: someone I've seen several times in various fundie blog posts, but can't remember her name; Lourdes Torres (agree she's always been a beauty, wonder how we could get more of her story beyond "lives to serve DP"), one of the Manteufel clan, another Phillips daughter (I think, not sure), and E-Bot.

Great find!

Dougie looks like he's gonna choke her in that pic. And, WTF is up with his knuckles? I've noticed it before, but I don't think it's ever been addressed.

They've both apparently been in courtships before, and they've had many suitors, so my guess is that they're picky (which is understandable, given their views on submission and all) and haven't met the right guys yet.

Where did you read about this? I'm so interested...

Where did you read about this? I'm so interested...

A Free Jingerite (meda) listened to their marriage webinar, and she said that Geoffrey said that he'd been approached by many suitors and that all of his kids (apart from the youngest two) had been in courtships. IIRC, I think this was discussed on week four and/or week five.

Dougie looks like he's gonna choke her in that pic. And, WTF is up with his knuckles? I've noticed it before, but I don't think it's ever been addressed.

Liberty looks really pretty in that pic. Dougie's knuckles, not so much. Those round spots look like growths or warts to me. Not saying that they are, just saying that is what my mind screams when I see them. I have issues. :shock:

Liberty looks really pretty in that pic. Dougie's knuckles, not so much. Those round spots look like growths or warts to me. Not saying that they are, just saying that is what my mind screams when I see them. I have issues. :shock:

Dougie child is gorgeous. Dougie's WWE wrestling hold not so much.

Re Dougie's Hands: Maybe he picked up an unfortunate disease whilst "Anaconda Hunting" in South America? :o

If they went through courtships and didn't end up married, then how is it any different than dating? The whole point of courtship is that Daddy screens the boy ahead of time so there should be no reason to dislike him, and the goal is to work toward engagement and to avoid the break-ups that come with normal dating.

I wonder though if the girls have been in courtships but weren't the ones who broke it off. Maybe Daddy Botkin made things very uncomfortable for the boys and they decided they didn't want a lifetime of having him as a father-in-law. In fundieland, men have much more power to end a courtship than women do so it wouldn't be my first guess that Anna Sofia and Elizabeth were ones who ended them.

Dougie child is gorgeous. Dougie's WWE wrestling hold not so much.

Re Dougie's Hands: Maybe he picked up an unfortunate disease whilst "Anaconda Hunting" in South America? :o

The dreaded Anaconda Warts! Is that like the HPV virus? Gross Dougie! :(

I think the idea of courting without becoming emotional towards someone is creepy.

I mean, nobody wants a relationship based on lust, but when you're having a disagreement with someone then lust greases the wheels, so to speak. Or to put it differently, sometimes you meet someone and there's just that immediate attraction that spans the decades.

I can see being YEARS into a marriage with someone and realizing that you were never really that into them in the first place, and I think the emotional detachment in courtship makes this all the more likely.

Well, Dougie does have pretty eyes - unless the color was enhanced with Photoshop or Picasa. His daughter is pretty, too. Happy birthday, Liberty. I hope you one day get to experience the true meaning of that word!

If they went through courtships and didn't end up married, then how is it any different than dating? The whole point of courtship is that Daddy screens the boy ahead of time so there should be no reason to dislike him, and the goal is to work toward engagement and to avoid the break-ups that come with normal dating.

Oh, that's an easy one - IT'S NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN DATING. It's just with the parent choosing who the kid dates.

Here's hoping AS and E tell Daddy to go f*ck himself and get an apartment and jobs in NYC or something.

Anna Sofia has a case of crazy eyes.

I think part of it is her makeup...she should NOT line her lower lashes on just the outer corners...either the whole bottom, or not at all. I think it's partly what gives her such a wide-eyed dazed look. Her eyes are big enough, she doesn't need to try to make them bigger with makeup!

Archived