IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

I am a clone of my mother. We were always being mistaken for twins. She diied 10 years ago, but family and friends still look at me like I'm a ghost.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ihaveanexamintwodays their FB is Paul-Christina Caldwell. Go to their profile and click on the about me section.

i looked at the voter registration in AR linked upthread. There was no Lauren Caldwell with same birth date as Kendra's so I'm guessing they're not twins, unless one voted and the other didn't. 

On 3/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, Carm_88 said:

I've always looked young for my age, I was in a store with my Dad the other day and a store clerk told me it was nice that my grandpa took me out for the day. My Dad responded with "She's nearly 30, not 12 and she took me out." 

When I was in my forties, we had one car running..I needed it so I take to take Mr Melon to the golf course....one of his friends..says K! I didn't know you had a daughter....he really thought I was my husband's daughter....I just laughed....my husband was not offended ,at all,in fact,pleased.The other golfer was miffed cause I laughed...he said I really thought you were his daughter...Mr Melon says you didn't know I had such a pretty wife...lol and laughs.

When my daughter was having her first baby, the nurses kept referring to me as her sister. Ok...yeah, I'm only 18 years older, but gee...she kept on telling them I was her mother...and they were shocked. Another time, a lady asked me my "secret" for looking so "young". She said something to the effect of "I bet you never drink, eat meat...blah, blah, blah" I told her I did all of the above. I inherited it from my father who didn't look his age at all until near the time he died. He had salt and pepper hair and everyone thought he was younger than my mother (he was 5 years older). My kids have inherited that gene too. My daughter is 34 and looks maybe 18. My older son looks like he's still barely out of high school (he's 29) and my youngest still looks like he's maybe 15  (he's 26). (pictures of said kids available on request).

Here's a question....  Joy is the first Duggar daughter to be engaged as a teen, and the others have married in their early-mid-20s - but Josiah was courting Marjorie when she was 17/8 and Kendra is still a teenager...  Is this likely to be a coincidence, or is it a Duggar preference that their sons marry very young girls?   I was wondering if it's something along the lines of it being ok for their own daughters to "wait" (relatively speaking) as they know they're pure, but it's better that their sons marry girls straight out of the schoolroom, because...  they're purer?  They will go straight from father to husband without any chance of having an adult life in between?  Or... it's just a coincidence!

6 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Is this likely to be a coincidence, or is it a Duggar preference that their sons marry very young girls? 

I think it is because their cult glorifies young, childlike women. And because they are such important people in their cult they can take the best of the best. 

47 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Here's a question....  Joy is the first Duggar daughter to be engaged as a teen, and the others have married in their early-mid-20s - but Josiah was courting Marjorie when she was 17/8 and Kendra is still a teenager...  Is this likely to be a coincidence, or is it a Duggar preference that their sons marry very young girls?   I was wondering if it's something along the lines of it being ok for their own daughters to "wait" (relatively speaking) as they know they're pure, but it's better that their sons marry girls straight out of the schoolroom, because...  they're purer?  They will go straight from father to husband without any chance of having an adult life in between?  Or... it's just a coincidence!

My money is on, "as usual, we didn't think this through at all."

Were the caldwells ever part of IBLP or ATI, as far as we know? I'm curious as to how their beliefs will differ from the duggars'.

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Were the caldwells ever part of IBLP or ATI, as far as we know? I'm curious as to how their beliefs will differ from the duggars'.

They can't differ much since it's the Caldwell's church that the Duggars currently attend.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:22 PM, actuallyjessica said:

i've finally put my finger on who kendra reminds me of (facially): nia rader from the youtube family, sam & nia.

It can be a game.  You put a face up there and someone has to guess which fundie family it is from.  Or you guess the generation, like child, mother, or grandmother. Or you simply guess, are they related.  I would totally lose at that game because they really do all look the same to me. 

As another poster said, younger childlike female attributes are glorified. They probably also feel like Joy is ready for marriage now that J'chelle has brainwashed the tom-boy out of her...she's a 'mature young lady' now; and that means marriage and babies.

Just  watched the courtship announcement.  Joe sounds like he is reading off a que card, and poor Kendra seems to be looking off camera for direction on when to look and Joe and when to smile.  Her voice is so soft and emotionless I feel somebody beat the joy right out of her following Michael Pearl's book.  

Looking forward to side hugs and texting. Oh sweetheart, what the hell happened to you? 

So...I too don't agree with the address posting and I do think it was a genuine mistake, but I did a little digging and that's also the site of Josh's car business. Check out his super cool website (barf): 

https://www.carsforsale.com/used-car-dealer/champion-motorcars-springdale-ar-d701724

"We are Northwest Arkansas' largest grass-bed Wholesale Car Dealership!" :my_cry:

"Look for the car pasture!" Uhmmmm. They don't know the phrase "putting it out to pasture," do they. Not something I'd like to think of when buying a car!

So he has the dealership again? I'm surprised, but really, what other skills does he have at this point? 

20 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I think this is the first courtship where the views of both families match up. At least more so in the standards area. For example, the Duggars have been KJV only-the Dillards and I assume the Vuolos use the ESV. Jessa still seems to use the KJV, I don't pay attention to Ben. Kendra's family is IFB, which is technically what the Duggars are. It seems that the Dillards and  perhaps the J/B Seewalds have moved over to the SBC, but the home church was definitely IFB.

13 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

"We are Northwest Arkansas' largest grass-bed Wholesale Car Dealership!" :my_cry:

Just reading this has made me confused. I'm off to google "grass bed" as a saying...

7 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Just reading this has made me confused. I'm off to google "grass bed" as a saying...

I thought it was a play on words like "Grass-fed" beef. But this is the Duggars who don't know enough words/aren't clever enough to do a play on words so I have no idea what it means either. 

8 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Does it mean that the cars are parked on an unpaved area? I don't know why that is anything to brag about--especially when its wet and muddy!

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Does it mean that the cars are parked on an unpaved area? I don't know why that is anything to brag about--especially when its wet and muddy!

correct.  Nothing to brag about = now if they were covered with a tarp or something on flat concrete that would make me excited. 

Platen aka concrete slabs make me excited 

I am not kidding

I pulled it up on street view. 

At the time that the Google Street View car rolled by, Josh had 11 vehicles for sale. Not a big selection. The "lot" is grass.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived