IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

Years ago, I went to visit my little sister during her freshman year in college. She simply introduced me as her sister, assuming that people could tell I was older (we're six years apart). One of her friends went, "Oh, you're visiting? How fun! Are you going to be a freshman next year or do you have another year of high school?" The look on her face when I replied, "Actually, I finished grad school last year" was priceless. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I've always looked young for my age, I was in a store with my Dad the other day and a store clerk told me it was nice that my grandpa took me out for the day. My Dad responded with "She's nearly 30, not 12 and she took me out." 

When I turned 21 my family went to our favorite pizza place to celebrate. The waitress thought I was 15. I was so mad. At 13 I was mistaken for being my youngest siblings teen mother. At 41 I was mistaken as the same siblings cougar girlfriend at the mall. I had taken my brother shopping for much need boots. Some woman in line behind us said to her husband, "Isn't she (meaning me) a little old for him?" That one irked me the most. Brother was newly married, wearing his wedding ring. I was freshly divorced and was not wearing rings of any sort at all. Plus we act like siblings! Give each other shit, tease, make family jokes etc.... I am the closest thing he has left to a mother as ours died young and how I talk to him sounds like a parent at times. Would that color of boots be wise? You might want to consider getting a bottle of waterproofing stuff to make them last longer. (Meaning me because I was paying for the boots.) Are you still going to want to wear these next year?  Will your arch supports fit inside these boots comfortably? Not to mention body language. 

People are idiots. 

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I was 3 months old at my parents wedding. I am in their wedding photo. Not that anyone cared. Heathen Swedes all around. :) 

Oh, fellow Swede here!

My parents got married the day before christmas eve on 2013, when I was 24 years old and my sister was 29. They had been together almost 40 years by that point. :pb_lol: I was kind of disappointed that they did get married, since I could no longer claim being a bastard.

3 minutes ago, Icea said:

Oh, fellow Swede here!

My parents got married the day before christmas eve on 2013, when I was 24 years old and my sister was 29. They had been together almost 40 years by that point. :pb_lol: I was kind of disappointed that they did get married, since I could no longer claim being a bastard.

You're still a bastard if you're born outside of the marriage though, aren't you?

Why did they finally decide to marry after so long?

I know there was a huge top in the marriage statistics in 1989 (or thereabouts) when the goverment changed some rule. Swedes are so romantic. :pb_lol:

5 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

You're still a bastard if you're born outside of the marriage though, aren't you?

Why did they finally decide to marry after so long?

I know there was a huge top in the marriage statistics in 1989 (or thereabouts) when the goverment changed some rule. Swedes are so romantic. :pb_lol:

Well, I guess, but they sort of legitimized me by getting married ;)

I'm not sure why they finally got married, I could imagine my parents just going "Why don't we get married this christmas?" and then that was settled. That's how they got engaged (the same year I was born), they were out in town for the annual christmas window decorating with my five years old sister and me in the pram, went past a jewellery shop and basically turned to eachother and said "Why don't we get engaged now, since the jewellery shop is just there?". Very romantic indeed ;)

Then again, they didn't tell my sister and me in advance that they were getting married, we had just been told that we had to be dressed nicely because at 1 pm we had to go somewhere. We thought it was an early christmas lunch, but when we parked in front of the city hall and my parents were heading towards that building a lightbulb went off...

And regarding the new rules regarding marriage and taxes in 1989, that's the reason my uncle got married, by that point he and his wife already had three children :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

Years ago, I went to visit my little sister during her freshman year in college. She simply introduced me as her sister, assuming that people could tell I was older (we're six years apart). One of her friends went, "Oh, you're visiting? How fun! Are you going to be a freshman next year or do you have another year of high school?" The look on her face when I replied, "Actually, I finished grad school last year" was priceless. 

When people ask if I'm in high school and I say I have my masters, I wanna pretend to be a child prodigy.

9 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Shotgun! Geez, now I feel like Ziva from NCIS, and I waited too long to edit, so I had to quote myself. 

I meant the Caldwells had a shotgun wedding in January and a baby in August.  

I sat there last night scratching my head thinking I was having a stroke bc that didn't sound right but didn't sound too wrong either.  Of course it could have been resolved if I had googled it but I chose to ponder it instead.  Don't feel bad the other day I said, "That's cheating, its like shoot money's in a barrel." Yup, English IS my first and only language.  

1. my daughter was 11 months old and i was 5 months pregnant at my wedding. i had baby popped after my last fitting and ripped my dress in the back. my maids didn't tell me until much later after the wedding LOL

2. since i was only 37 when my older granddaughter was born, (now she is 15 and i am 52) i love the look on people's faces when i tell them i am her grandmother, not her mother...the double takes are quite amusing. i still occasionally get mistaken for being the younger granddaughter's (she's 7) mother, but that's much rarer.

3. once we went out to a restaurant and i got carded, but my daughter did not. she was not amused...i still laugh about that one :lol:

4. my husband is often mistaken to be my father, which pisses me off more than it should...but i am older than he is. people generally don't believe that one...

3 hours ago, Icea said:

Well, I guess, but they sort of legitimized me by getting married ;)

I'm not sure why they finally got married, I could imagine my parents just going "Why don't we get married this christmas?" and then that was settled. That's how they got engaged (the same year I was born), they were out in town for the annual christmas window decorating with my five years old sister and me in the pram, went past a jewellery shop and basically turned to eachother and said "Why don't we get engaged now, since the jewellery shop is just there?". Very romantic indeed ;)

Then again, they didn't tell my sister and me in advance that they were getting married, we had just been told that we had to be dressed nicely because at 1 pm we had to go somewhere. We thought it was an early christmas lunch, but when we parked in front of the city hall and my parents were heading towards that building a lightbulb went off...

And regarding the new rules regarding marriage and taxes in 1989, that's the reason my uncle got married, by that point he and his wife already had three children :pb_lol:

Heck, some Catholic monarchies allow for the legitimization of children born outside marriage as long as the parents get married eventually. See Monaco, which even brings illegitimate children (born outside the line of succession) into the line of succession if their parents marry at some point and the children weren't born of adultery.

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I was 3 months old at my parents wedding. I am in their wedding photo. Not that anyone cared. Heathen Swedes all around. :) 

Haha, I'm a heathen Canadian! I was four and the flower girl at my parents wedding. It was  good time. 

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Gross. Why in the world is this relevant and why would you post an 18yo's home address? Yes, she's associated with the Duggar shitshow, but she didn't choose to make her address public. 

I know, what about the minors in that home? Dont they deserve protection?

Just now, DarkAnts said:

I know, what about the minors in that home? Dont they deserve protection?

To be honest, I know zero things about this family so I don't know who else is in that house. That said, I think publishing someone's address that they didn't make public is a dick move in pretty much any circumstance. It doesn't violate our rules, but I do think it was wrong and gross to publish, and I don't even see how it was relevant to the discussion. She's registered to vote - that's not groundbreaking news.

25 minutes ago, Destiny said:

To be honest, I know zero things about this family so I don't know who else is in that house. That said, I think publishing someone's address that they didn't make public is a dick move in pretty much any circumstance. It doesn't violate our rules, but I do think it was wrong and gross to publish, and I don't even see how it was relevant to the discussion. She's registered to vote - that's not groundbreaking news.

I think @justmy2centsis right about the reason. Would have been much better to only post the first screenshot or black out any address information or something. I mean, it's publicly available... but still. Given that she's courting a "celebrity" it may be best to not broadcast to people that you can find her address that easily.

Could someone put it under a spoiler at least? I mean, it'll still be there, but at least you'd have to click to see it?

ETA: I don't think anyone here would be a dick and use this information in a jackass way, but you can never be sure who is reading here. Kendra is still very young and it does seem like crossing a bit of a line - especially because there are much younger kids in her family.

spot on, @VelociRapture.  "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."  the general consensus around here is that the second generation didn't ask for their parents' fame-whoring and deserve a chance at a normal life.  that kind of post has the potential to do the exact opposite.  

On 3/14/2017 at 2:34 PM, melon said:

I got married at 19.I had my first son at 20.By the time he was 11,people were asking him,Is that your sister?That's not your Mom,that's your sister!Who the heck is that??She looks like she's 26.I receive a phone call>Band Boosters."Are you the very young looking Mother? Me:"That's me",Can I ask your age?I tell her."Well,you look at least 7 years younger."

I go to the middle school for a conference for my son.I was 40.I was asked for my pass.This woman really thought I was a student.She asked my son if was offended.No,I was flattered.He was offended...lol.He said he must "look old".I just did not believe I looked THAT young.My son said ,Mom,you look like a kid.Well,thanks.

I felt like I wasn't taken seriously sometimes,though.

I have that "young" look too and sometimes feel like I'm not taken seriously also...

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Haha, I'm a heathen Canadian! I was four and the flower girl at my parents wedding. It was  good time. 

Our 2 year old daughter was part of our civil wedding service.

Not to be creepy, but I did google the address and it also says that "Champion Motorcars" is at the address. Now, it's not, but the owner of the car dealership probably lives at the address...which means, I guess, that the pastor owns Josh's old car dealership?

On 3/16/2017 at 5:52 PM, marmalade said:

Are we sure? Her parents married in January 1998, which would either make it a shotgun affair, or she was a premie. 

Real quick - remind me where we know the Caldwell parents' anniversary from? I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but don't want to dig.

Easily could have been a shotgun wedding --- especially if Paul and Christina were raised as fundy as they are now...snuck out and got a little frisky one day as teenagers, life happened, and were forced to marry ASAP. However, also note that Kendra is a twin and twins tend to be born premature, 35-37weeks is not uncommon simply due to uterus getting crowded lol

1 minute ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Real quick - remind me where we know the Caldwell parents' anniversary from? I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but don't want to dig.

Easily could have been a shotgun wedding --- especially if Paul and Christina were raised as fundy as they are now...snuck out and got a little frisky one day as teenagers, life happened, and were forced to marry ASAP. However, also note that Kendra is a twin and twins tend to be born premature, 35-37weeks is not uncommon simply due to uterus getting crowded lol

They have that info on their FB about page.  January 1998, no day.  How do we know that Kendra and Lauren are twins?

My in-laws got married just before my husband and I did.  The main reason?  They didn't want all their kids married before they were.

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They have that info on their FB about page.  January 1998, no day.  How do we know that Kendra and Lauren are twins?

Oh, I tried to check their facebook but it showed everything as private! maybe i looked at an incorrect profile haha

I thought I saw in an article somewhere weeks ago that the girls are twins, but it is entirely possible that my ever-sleep-deprived brain invented that, haha. We know for sure Kendra is the oldest though right? I know there were speculations about Lauren dating another duggar, but if they're not twins and Lauren isn't even a legal adult it would make sense on why we've heard nothing on her or the other Caldwell sibs lol....soooo take my other post with a grain of salt!

I have always had a babyface. People think my younger brother and his wife are older than me, something that reaaaaalllly bothers my sister in law. 

I'm 30 (31 in September), my boyfriend is a few days off 25. Everyone assumes he is a couple of years older than me. Late last year, his 18 year old half-sister came to visit us in Australia over the school holidays because she'd always wanted to visit Australia and we told her to come make the most of free accommodation in our expensive city before we move to France this year and her parents paid the flights for her 18th birthday present. 

Anyway, we went to dinner somewhere at a licensed venue. The person at the front was like "wait wait, we need to see some ID". She assumes they mean here and starts to open her bag, and instead, they are like 'no no no, her' pointing at me and I just burst out laughing because I was more than a full decade older than her, but it was ME they were querying. 

Oh and whenever I hold my nieces/nephews, I get the snide comments about being a young mum. Not my kids, but ok..... 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived