IGNORED

Another Duggar Courtship: Joseph and Kendra

front hugs > duggs

Just now, Dogalog said:

I'm rather partial to Nebuchadnezzar Duggar, myself lol

Well, this might be a spelling challenge for a SOTDRT graduate, doncha think?!?!?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Kendra's dad the same Paul Caldwell who ran for state rep and had Michelle do that "men in women's clothing!!!!!" robocall? Or are there two violently bigoted Paul Caldwells in the same tricounty area?

Just watched the TLCme video. She's so quiet! Poor thing's never going to be heard in the Duggar house.

I wish them the best. Granted, my idea of "the best" is probably radically different from theirs...

Does anyone know Kendra's full name or dob? I think she's the oldest of her siblings, what is the age range there?

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

The announcements are going to be fast & furious now, folks.

I'm personally predicting a pregnancy announcement from Jinger this month or next, Joseph's engagement in late May, Joy's wedding in early June, Jill will give birth in July, Joseph and Kendra will marry in August, Anna will suddenly show up with a new baby in September though the pregnancy was never announced (seriously, I'm torn between expecting them to announce a pregnancy and frame it as a redemption narrative, or to just announce the baby once it's born), Jinger will give birth in October (maybe a girl), Joy pregnancy announcement in November, Jessa and Kendra will both announce pregnancies in December. Maybe throw another courtship in there somewhere for good measure. Woohoo!

My head will explode... with that speed in 30 years from now every third US citizen will be Duggar related. I will be probably too scared to travel to the States then...

Her dad is the pastor who has shown up in a few episodes to help work on cars or something, right?

The same guy who passed out pamphlets about how homosexuality is a sin or something, right?

ETA - Yep...here it is. "There is no such thing as homosexuals."  http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents/148038088

I would expect nothing else from these assholes.

Just now, ClaraOswin said:

Her dad is the pastor who has shown up in a few episodes to help work on cars or something, right?

The same guy who passed out pamphlets about how homosexuality is a sin or something, right?

He was in the last episode working on that car for Jinger. 

1 hour ago, IronicallyMaeve said:

Holy crap. How many pregnancy announcements will we see in the next year?

Jessa seems pretty fertile, so no doubt she'll be expecting again soon. 

Anna is due for another baby this summer.

Jinger will probably be expecting soon, considering the typical order of things.

Joy will probably announce this year, or maybe early next year.

And now Joe.

So probably at least 4 more babies this year, wow! They need to slow down!

Can you imagine a Duggar wedding where all bridesmaids are pregnant? very likely...totally :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

The announcements are going to be fast & furious now, folks.

I'm personally predicting a pregnancy announcement from Jinger this month or next, Joseph's engagement in late May, Joy's wedding in early June, Jill will give birth in July, Joseph and Kendra will marry in August, Anna will suddenly show up with a new baby in September though the pregnancy was never announced (seriously, I'm torn between expecting them to announce a pregnancy and frame it as a redemption narrative, or to just announce the baby once it's born), Jinger will give birth in October (maybe a girl), Joy pregnancy announcement in November, Jessa and Kendra will both announce pregnancies in December. Maybe throw another courtship in there somewhere for good measure. Woohoo!

I think you are 100% right on all of it. What about poor Jana and JD? Even if they just moved out and lived together it would have to be better than what is...

26 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

ETA - Yep...here it is. "There is no such thing as homosexuals."  http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents/148038088

I would expect nothing else from these assholes.

Again, every person that marries into this family comes from a family with the same shitty views as the Duggars. This is why I never think the newest relationship will be somehow different and they will become more liberal in their views. They all believe and spew the shame shit. Just becomes one is better looking or educated or seems quiet like the new girl, doesn't mean crap. They will likely to continue on in the same hateful vein in which they were raised. 

I saw the news on Pickle's FB and had to weigh in. Kendra looks like a rounder-faced version of Jana. If she just turned 18 and will (presumably) be married within the year, she could wind up having lots of children. Also, if she gets married at 18, she will be the youngest female spouse in the second generation of Duggars thus far.

Also, Joseph looks good in his courting announcement video. The stubbly mustache suits him, and he seems more well put together than usual.

5 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Again, every person that marries into this family comes from a family with the same shitty views as the Duggars. This is why I never think the newest relationship will be somehow different and they will become more liberal in their views. They all believe and spew the shame shit. Just becomes one is better looking or educated or seems quiet like the new girl, doesn't mean crap. They will likely to continue on in the same hateful vein in which they were raised. 

Exactly! At least for now, JBoob has to keep a tight rein on the kidults to ensure they toe (tow?) the line to keep those TLC and People Magazine paychecks coming in. It won't be till we get to the littlest ones that there might just be no interest in the Duggars and too many kids to keep track of. One of them will have to flee the compound Romeo-Juliet style to snag a spouse that doesn't drink the Koolaid.

3 hours ago, Stokstaartje said:

"The 22-year-old is the second Duggar boy to start the courting journey in the hopes of marrying."

So I guess the whole Marjorie thing didn't happen?

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Or josh doesnt count? Couldnt figure out which they were going gor there?

Well Josh probably started his courting journey mostly because others hoped it would stop him from f***ing up. And so that he could have holy sex. Not so much in the hope of actually getting married. 

Congrats, FJ sleuths! You were right.

I can hardly wait for Jinger's congrats video. We'll see if she sheds tears over this one like she did when he came back from ALERT lol

4 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

Exactly! At least for now, JBoob has to keep a tight rein on the kidults to ensure they toe (tow?) the line to keep those TLC and People Magazine paychecks coming in. It won't be till we get to the littlest ones that there might just be no interest in the Duggars and too many kids to keep track of. One of them will have to flee the compound Romeo-Juliet style to snag a spouse that doesn't drink the Koolaid.

My money's on James, for now. I've always seen that spark in him that others saw in Jinger. I'm sure I'll eventually be proven wrong.

20 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Yep. I thought Derick would be somewhat different because he was actually raised in the mainstream world, by a more mainstream family. No, if any one of them is extra crazy it's Derick. Unless one of them leaves and finds a spouse on their own, away from the family, they will all be just as fundie as the last.

I knew it! Isn't she only 18? 

I know it doesn't matter much since she's not going to college or work but damn. She's young.

Well, they look happy and already wear matching clothes. I hope they have a long courtship since she's so young. 

Considering their lack of life experience it's like two children getting married. 

I'm happy for Joseph. He seems like a nice kid.  If she is only 18 I kind of hope they will have a long courtship and engagement. 

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I'm happy for Joseph. He seems like a nice kid.  If she is only 18 I kind of hope they will have a long courtship and engagement. 

I doubt it. The Duggars don't announce courtships unless they are already pretty serious. And they don't seem to do long courtships in general (Jessa is the exception). So I'm guessing they will be engaged by September at the latest.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived