IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 5: Engagment on the Horizon

choralcrusader8613

Wow. I've never tried psychedelic drugs, but now I almost feel like I have. :obscene-smokingweed: (Closest I could find.)

You made me spit my coffee out through my nose and now it's frozen to my face because it's 25 degrees plus a wind chill here. [emoji23]

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Your style of posting reminds me of either stream-of-consciousness writing or of someone who might be partaking of a mind-altering substance.

Me too.  I don't think it is particularly cryptic either.  It's as though someone found a religious bullshit generator and is just copying and pasting.

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/  (click the reionize electrons button at the top for more)

7 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Why is it that I'm associated to the hash pipe?

I'm going to start saying this in my everyday life and my friends will be very confused but I think this is just the funniest damn thing. Can this be a thread title? Post count? Something? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase?

4 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:
7 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

I'm going to start saying this in my everyday life and my friends will be very confused but I think this is just the funniest damn thing. Can this be a thread title? Post count? Something? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase?

This thread made me go to YouTube to listen to some Weezer.

16 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I would be honored to be associated to the hash pipe.

@Isignedupfor this: What the actual fuck are you trying to say? I never heard a bible story or quote like yours!!

I think she's talking about how Abel's blood cried out to God from the ground. Which is, you know, a metaphor. Right before that, God asks Cain where Abel is. If God is omniscient, I think he probably already knew.

Personally I'm just waiting to hear more about Easter Island.

Rufus, give us strength in these trying times and help us make sense of nonsensical posts. May your mighty antlers shelter us and may your hooves lay our path, amen  :my_angel:

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

That was some serious flight of ideas going on there.

This is my thought exactly.  I'm waiting for signs of grandiosity, paranoia, etc. 

Because your posts make no damn sense and sound like the words of someone who's tripping on something.

20 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Rufus, give us strength in these trying times and help us make sense of nonsensical posts. May your mighty antlers shelter us and may your hooves lay our path, amen  :my_angel:

rufusmeme.png

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Me too.  I don't think it is particularly cryptic either.  It's as though someone found a religious bullshit generator and is just copying and pasting.

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/  (click the reionize electrons button at the top for more)

I'm in love with that shit :pb_lol:

But, how did they make the huge statues and get them to stand up? I guess we don't know. But it is interesting to TRY and think about it. Since there is no one left to tell use I guess. 

@I.SignedUpforthis

Is that you, Josh? If yes, please don't quit whatever day job daddy Jim-Boob gave you to become a pastor. The SOTDRT did nothing to help your writing skills.

Also...just come to the dark side already. Lucrative book deals await the wayword Duggar child who writes a tell-all! :my_biggrin:

@2manyKidzzz The log rolling theory was an invention of some European Archaeologists (and I use that term very loosely, most were not trained in anything like archaeology)  probably looking for an easy way to demonstrate the 'inferiority' of the Natives and their 'idol worshiping' belief system by showing how they wrecked the ecology of the island they live on by idol worship.

There was never any evidence that the Moai were rolled into place using logs, Latest theory of how the Moai were moved actually came from listening to the Islanders (novel concept, eh?), who have been saying all along that the "Moai" walked to their resting places.

Some modern archaeologists and a group of people from Rapa Nui tried it, and lo and behold - it worked.

http://www.livescience.com/37277-easter-island-statues-walked-there.html

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

But, how did they make the huge statues and get them to stand up? I guess we don't know. But it is interesting to TRY and think about it. Since there is no one left to tell use I guess. 

I thought part of it was underground giving it support.  I could be wrong.  Sometimes my information is derived from Facebook.  Of course they can't put anything on Facebook that's not true. ;)

12 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I thought part of it was underground giving it support.  I could be wrong.  Sometimes my information is derived from Facebook.  Of course they can't put anything on Facebook that's not true. ;)

That is very true. Hail Facebook!! But, how did they lift it up? Inquiring minds need to know. Either that, or I need to think about more meaningful things, ha ha

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

That is very true. Hail Facebook!! But, how did they lift it up? Inquiring minds need to know. Either that, or I need to think about more meaningful things, ha ha

That would be the complex engineering principle of light as a feather stiff as a board.

@I.SignedUpforthis

I made these two diagrams.  The issue is that your writing is confusing, stream of consciousness, and frankly, unintelligible to those people who are not in your brain (i.e. everyone).  Posts are about communicating.  You start with Idea A and you end with conclusion B.  

Here's how a regular post looks in my brain.  As you can see, there is a clear path from A to B.  It may not be the BEST path, it may not be a path I AGREE with, but I can clearly see how the poster is getting from one sentence to another:

train1.png

This is how your posts feel to me.  I feel like I am missing entire sentences.  I have NO idea how you got from your first sentence to your last...or even how you got from your first sentence to your second.  What the heck kind of logic are we operating on here?  HOW do these two ideas relate?  WHAT am I missing?  Why are we EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE JEWS?!?

this.png

@Georgiana thank you for the laugh and for the perfect diagram on how @I.SignedUpforthis writes. The leap from drinking blood, to Jews, to Easter Island, to Satan is just insane. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Taryn made a bit more sense than this! 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

@Georgiana thank you for the laugh and for the perfect diagram on how @I.SignedUpforthis writes. The leap from drinking blood, to Jews, to Easter Island, to Satan is just insane. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Taryn made a bit more sense than this! 

I'm always happy to piss around on MS Paint.  

I do wonder if this person is not a native English speaker and/or has a communication disorder.  There are FUNDAMENTAL elements of communication completely absent here that this poster does not seem to realize are missing.  This often happens with those who have an issue understanding context, omission, and elements of non-explicit communication.  To them, a lot of speech might look like this, so they don't understand that something is missing (especially concerning what elements of communication are lost between spoken and written language).  

For many people, this is corrected as a child by either trained professionals OR just by exposure to the wider world.  You encourage the speaker/communicator to be OVERLY explicit and continually prompt them for context when it is missing to form the habit of providing explicit communication.  This is normal feedback that everyone needs, but in this case the person will need much more of it and specific, explicit methods to fix it.  It can lead to an awkward communication style sometimes, especially in more extreme cases (someone might refer to their son as "son name of Jon" continually even when either son or Jon would be sufficient), but it does render the person understandable (see: Dr. Chuck Tingle's twitter).  Basically, you attempt to replace the linguistic/communication sense that they are missing with an ingrained habit that (sometimes over-) compensates.  

I'm actually somewhat hoping my (very tongue in cheek, to be sure) visual diagram will be helpful.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived