IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Why not propose?

Because we, unlike the Duggars know we can't afford to get married yet, even though I really want to. We have talked about it but maybe in another year or so. 

This is just crazy. She is the same age as Ben was right? (Is Austin older than Ben? LMAO!) It's sooo obvious that these people are just marrying to have sex. Getting married to the first person you feel inclined to smash is a recipe for disaster. My mom was 21 at her wedding and it ended HORRIBLY. 

Why do NONE of these people care about getting an education? They are so backwards. 

I don't think they're marrying them off earlier. If that were the case, wouldn't they marry off Jana before Joy? Jill, Jessa, and Jinger were all basically the same age when they got married, 22-23 (Jessa was technically 21 but she was days away from turning 22).

19 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I'm still in the pool for that late April wedding date. Although we know that a few other weekends are already blocked out this summer, that takes us into 4-5 month engagement territory.

I can't see Joy getting married without her mother there and Jill probably won't be returning stateside til Late May or June. Would she dare return by end of April after asking for $24k?

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I can't see Joy getting married without her mother there and Jill probably won't be returning stateside til Late May or June. Would she dare return by end of April after asking for $24k?

Lol that reminds me did they ever get the $24k? Or does anyone know how close they got? And yeah I'd be shocked if Joy got married without Jilly Mom. Maybe that's why the Dillard's need so much money…they were planning ahead to fly home for the wedding, then fly back to CA. 

My prediction was a Valentine's Day engagement, an early summer wedding and a pregnancy announcement by the end of the year. 

I was only off by a couple of weeks on the engagement. But I really hope I'm off by many months on the pregnancy. But I doubt it. 

10 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

This is just crazy. She is the same age as Ben was right? (Is Austin older than Ben? LMAO!) It's sooo obvious that these people are just marrying to have sex. Getting married to the first person you feel inclined to smash is a recipe for disaster. My mom was 21 at her wedding and it ended HORRIBLY. 

Why do NONE of these people care about getting an education? They are so backwards. 

'Cause the think they don't need it, Jebus will think about everything 

11 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Because we, unlike the Duggars know we can't afford to get married yet, even though I really want to. We have talked about it but maybe in another year or so. 

It does not cost much to get married if you do it without the bells and whistles.  You don't need an expensive ring or huge party, just a license and a celebrant.

If marriage is important to you, just do it.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My prediction was a Valentine's Day engagement, an early summer wedding and a pregnancy announcement by the end of the year. 

I was only off by a couple of weeks on the engagement. But I really hope I'm off by many months on the pregnancy. But I doubt it. 

We don't know when they really got engaged. The only engagement they announced in real time was Jinger's. And that's because People had swanky pictures from New York. 

Heart for the Lord, marrying my best friend sounds like a broken record. (For those of us who remember what a broken record sounds like.)

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Heart for the Lord, marrying my best friend sounds like a broken record. (For those of us who remember what a broken record sounds like.)

I told my son to "roll down the car window" today and then realized later that phrase really doesnt make any sense anymore. How many years has it been since I actually rolled one down?!

What is with the Duggar girls and the desperate grasping of their mens' arms in pictures?

42 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Gotcha. Well, you don't have to rush a wedding after engagement, á là Duggar, so if it's being engaged you want, I still say go for it! But of course the great thing about not being fundamentalist is recognizing that everybody is on their own path and timeline. Best of luck to you!

1 hour ago, season of life said:

They still have sons, but I have a feeling a lot more people are interested in the daughters getting married.

Watching the sons' weddings planned for them may not be exciting, but introducing new women into the family could be interesting.

9 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

What is with the Duggar girls and the desperate grasping of their mens' arms in pictures?

Because they don't know that they can do it otherwise...

I'm wondering if any of the guys have had bruises at some point

We don't know anything concrete about whether they're honest about the timeline of this engagement, obviously. I had questions about what they're wearing in the clip versus what they were wearing in the courting (proposal) video on the Rock.  Per a site that tells about previous days' weather, in Fayetteville, the closest I could find, it was in the mid to high 50s yesterday and clear, so at least that element is reasonable. It's not like it was 30s and snowing yesterday. So maybe they were indeed being honest about the timing, weird as it might seem to us given the preview of Austin asking permission to propose in the season preview shown on Monday?

49 minutes ago, Berty K said:

I wonder if they announced today to overshadow Smuggars birthday?

And also their Facebook post bringing him back into the fold, which would have been the Duggar news of the day otherwise.

Guess Jim Bob just needs to marry off as many daughters as possible while there is still TLC money coming in. He won't pay for his sons' weddings.

48 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

About the bolded, do you mean to tell me that Sierra isn't  Joy's best friend? I'm so shocked. Whatever will I do?

No suprises here. They'll be married by June.

I just had the SCARIEST vision. In 2018, we can actually have all FOUR of the girls having babies (or three if Jinger managed to  get pregnant now/soon and has hers this year) PLUS Anna could also have a baby  ANY TIME. So it might actually be FIVE babies. God help us all.

So they've only been courting how long again? Less than six months ? And in six month he flipped five houses and saved enough for an engagement ring ? Or that jeweler will make an appearance again I guess .... then maybe it was free.

Well we all knew it was coming. Joy, I hope you're happy with your choice and I hope he at least got you a nice ring

But guys where is the congratulatory videos from all the siblings on her engagement?!

I thinking though that she'll pull a Jinger and take her time , like actually getting to know Austyn.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived