IGNORED

Lori Alexander 16: Protecting Men's Jobs from the Assaults of Women

choralcrusader8613

3 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

thanks for spelling out my thoughts. i'm on an ancient mobile so typing is a taking ages.

Ligher note: thanks for correcting my spelling mistakes. english is not my native language. i didn't realize loose/lose are 2 words so i didn't bother to to look it up. 

Sorry in advance for all these mistakes yet to come. I guess i should install an english keyboard with spell checker.

Welcome! 

Please don't worry about your writing and language here. We are all easy going about that kind of thing and I am sure we will always understand your meaning. 

Also, I am sure you have seen Lori's writing and grasp of our language and English IS her native language. I am sure you are miles ahead of her. :my_smile:

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the wellcome and encouragement!

what surprises me is that they both had some education, didn't they? 

4 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Oh yes. Sadly, Lori was a teacher. Ken holds a Master's Degree in Divinity. I believe it was his wish to be a minister but he somehow ended up in the consulting field. 

10 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Yes. LoRI was also a teacher. That is why I'm perfectly ok critiquing her grammar and spelling.

Someone appears to be asking Lori who her readers are supposed to believe - Dave or Ken?  So far Ken has responded but Lori has not. 

IMG_5475.PNG

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Oh yes. Sadly, Lori was a teacher. Ken holds a Master's Degree in Divinity. I believe it was his wish to be a minister but he somehow ended up in the consulting field. 

My guess is that his being a preacher/missionary didn't suit Queen Lori because it wouldn't give her the life she was accustomed to.  

That being said, id have a few words to say if that's what my husband wanted to do with his life, but I've never claimed to be a submissive wife.

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Someone appears to be asking Lori who her readers are supposed to believe - Dave or Ken?  So far Ken has responded but Lori has not. 

IMG_5475.PNG

So far, Lori has not said one word in response to anyone on this blog entry. I find that very interesting.

Just now, Loveday said:

So far, Lori has not said one word in response to anyone on this blog entry. I find that very interesting.

She has, however, written a doodle about pouting which is probably what she has been doing all day. 

Just now, usmcmom said:

She has, however, written a doodle about pouting which is probably what she has been doing all day. 

Thread drift ahead: I'm in a discussion group for Peter Rollins' Atheism For Lent and I wanted to contribute but didn't have time to type out on my phone this morning, so I took a picture of my notes in my journal so I could write a post later. I LOL'd at myself about my own Moleskine Doodle (TM jerkit). I did not, however, instagram said doodle!

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I just died laughing.:laughing-rolling:

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the house of LorKen.

impaled on her own submissive sword, how deliciously ironic 

1 hour ago, Red Jumper said:

Sorry in advance for all these mistakes yet to come. I guess i should install an english keyboard with spell checker.

Welcome! ESL here too. I love autocorrect and I highly recommend it. On my phone I have it set for English and it works well saving me from many mistakes. It can't be a solution for everything but it helps a lot. Luckily for us this community is very welcoming and helpful, I learn so much here and my English has improved tremendously since joining.

30 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

IMG_5475.PNG

Because the poor female hasn't  got an intelligent brain cell of her own, she has to seek her husbands guidence? Does he take their one and only shared brain cell  to work with him, packed in his briefcase every day?

Oops, obviously not , she is learning from Lori. That says it all.

Apologies for the sarcasm but these twits really are so frustrating, backwards and downright stupid. 

Mary Esther says:

March 6, 2017 at 12:33 pm

I am confused and a little concerned at the direction this blog has taken. I read here to learn from Lori. Because she encourages us to take heart of what men have to say, I have read Dave’s comments and tried to understand his meaning.
Now, though, Ken is clearly teaching something very contrary to what Dave has been writing for several days. I must say I tend to agree with Ken.

Lori, what are we, your loyal readers, to take from all of this? There seems to be discord between your husband and some of your most frequent commenters, who happen to be male. It is very distressing.

I am going to seek my husband’s guidance on this when he gets home. Until then, I will simply pray for all involved.

Ken says:

March 6, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for the comment Mary Esther. I would ask you not to make too much of Dave’s comments and allow some to disagree with us. We expect that the women here will not be too confused by Dave’s desire to honor God’s Word fully in all it says. We too have the same goal and ideal, but we simply disagree that any verse was ever intended to be taken in a way that does violence to the clear teaching of the rest of the scriptures.

Discuss it with your husband and try to sort through your distress. It doesn’t sound like you are really confused by the meaning of “in everything” but if the tension of disagreement gets you distressed we can take that into consideration when Lori moderates comments.

Please keep mind two things… First, Dave is a godly man who really is trying to honor the Lord in his life and views of the scriptures. Second, Lori has had a general policy to allow all commentators, even those who disagree with her (us) so long as they are polite, and have a desire to back their beliefs with the Word.

Liar. That comment I shared earlier that did not get published is very much real. As you can see it was polite and questioned things in the same way Mary did. 

I wonder if any of Dave's comments have EVER been held back. For a blog that is for women, he gets the majority of say it seems when so many other women (some who have commented here) attest that their polite comments were deleted, meanwhile Dave has full access to spout whatever he wants. Why on earth do they keep him around? As much as Ken disagrees its seems he is really sympathetic to Dave. Gives some support to the theory that Ken is just making this public statement to save face when underneath it all he agrees with Dave. 

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the house of LorKen.

impaled on her own submissive sword, how deliciously ironic 

Here we say "chi di spada ferisce di spada perisce", loosely translated means that who hurts with a sword will be killed with a sword. 

Not being able to have it her way  to keep up her appearance of submission is a fitting karma for Lori.

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Because the poor female hasn't  got an intelligent brain cell of her own, she has to seek her husbands guidence? Does he take their one and only shared brain cell  to work with him, packed in his briefcase every day?

Oops, obviously not , she is learning from Lori. That says it all.

Apologies for the sarcasm but these twits really are so frustrating, backwards and downright stupid. 

She appears to be exactly the kind of reader to whom Lori writes. But since she has challenged Lori, this may not go over well. Let's hope this woman keeps Ken on her side. :my_confused:

Ken:

I think you will find that Lori controls the disagreements quite well, but tends to let more of it happen on posts she asks me to write for her on a point of clarification from previous posts. We are all on the same team here and have to be sure we are forbearing one another in love. Dave has good things to contribute, but we see him as extreme in his views at times… while he is trying to be 100% faithful to the Word.

Its interesting though that Lori has yet to ever disagree with Dave in public. In fact she is usually giving him a strong "Amen!" to everything he says. She isn't afraid to do this with women or other commenters. Now Ken is all playing the "we" act. We disagree. And let me get this straight Lori asked Ken to do this post but then she controls the discussion? 

1 hour ago, Red Jumper said:

thanks for spelling out my thoughts. i'm on an ancient mobile so typing is a taking ages.

Ligher note: thanks for correcting my spelling mistakes. english is not my native language. i didn't realize loose/lose are 2 words so i didn't bother to to look it up. 

Welcome!  

Just to tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the spelling.  You seem to be doing a great job, though!  I can assure you that I wouldn't do half as well speaking a second language, much less writing it.

Ken:

I think you will find that Lori controls the disagreements quite well, but tends to let more of it happen on posts she asks me to write for her on a point of clarification from previous posts. We are all on the same team here and have to be sure we are forbearing one another in love. Dave has good things to contribute, but we see him as extreme in his views at times… while he is trying to be 100% faithful to the Word.

Wait, is he saying that there can be different perspectives and interpretations of the Bible??  Say it isn't so!  I thought the church of LorKen settled all matters for us!

Seriously, even the different denominations within Christianity have different interpretations.  This is the first time that he has even come close to alluding that it is possible.

Lori:

I have had a week full of family staying in my home and babysitting the grandchildren so I am a bit worn out but that is all. After last week’s post that I did on submission, I asked Ken yesterday if he would write a post on this topic to let those who read my blog know our views since I don’t like to debate men. I don’t feel it is my place but I don’t mind other views being shared by godly men. Some of them have challenged me for good concerning views I once held but when held up to the light of Scripture, I have changed my mind. There are others I will probably never agree completely with. I also like Ken to write once in a while to show that he is supportive in what I write and “checks” up on what I am writing often. 

LOL, how canned. Wiped out from babysitting? She just happens to be tired now when things get heated. I wonder if Ken is allowed to jump in and write without her permission. 

I'm wondering if Dave has decided to stop commenting seeing as how even Trey disagrees with the rigidity of his crazy ideas, or if Lori/Ken just hasn't let his comments through. 

7 minutes ago, KDA said:

I'm wondering if Dave has decided to stop commenting seeing as how even Trey disagrees with the rigidity of his crazy ideas, or if Lori/Ken just hasn't let his comments through. 

Maybe, if we are lucky, Dave will come here (like Cabinetman) and try and set us all straight.

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Welcome! ESL here too. I love autocorrect and I highly recommend it.

I don't get any autocorrect in FJ neither on my phone nor on my pc. But i downloaded a keyboad app, so let's hope for the best

Isn't this

Luckily for us this community is very welcoming and helpful

Isn't this great? And so refreshing: I am only used to fora with a strong grammer and spelling police :pb_evil:

Here we say "chi di spada ferisce di spada perisce", loosely translated means that who hurts with a sword will be killed with a sword.

As we use a similar phrase so I used my headship Mr. Internet: Matthew 26:52 "Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."(KJV) – I suck at quoting in IRL as I never know the exact words and believe in the "message counts". This skill is unheard-of here. The closest are phrases like above. No-one one says, "matthew 26 says ..>quote<.." the closest is jesus says >message< or in the bible it is written >message<  (message is not literal quoting, although sometimes it can be) Is this an American or a fundie thing?

I can recommend www.biblesrever.com for this game (it's free so i hope i did not break any rule of no-ads) : 1) ESL: you can look up your own native language (f.e. Italiano) and then get the translation in all kinds of english bible versions 2) Non-bible-quoting-upbringing/different belief or atheist upbringing: searching just with one word gives you plenty of results to throw at those KJ-is-my-personal-jesus quoting and belief-inventing folks

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Oh yes. Sadly, Lori was a teacher. Ken holds a Master's Degree in Divinity.

:dontgetit: this is beyond ... i don't know what, i keep shaking my head in disbelief (about the fact not you)

9 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Maybe, if we are lucky, Dave will come here (like Cabinetman) and try and set us all straight.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...:pray:

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...:pray:

We pray and wish for the strangest things on FJ. :) I love it!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived