IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Sooo, I imagine that these girls talk about unrealistic parents, potential courtships, having to raise their parents babies, stress related to family scandals. Maybe? 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall. They might be brainwashed and have to keep sweet but I bet they've talked about all sorts of things they would never say on camera-- about Josh, their parents, boys-- until Jill snitched and ruined it for everyone. If anyone was a narc it probably was Jill. "I told on you for your own good".

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

But that's probably exactly what they dream about. A boy that's just like daddy (except not related) to come side hug them, court them, marry them, impregnate them umphteen times and eventually dry hump them in front of one of their blessings and their courtee. :output_eeMbjt:

:roll:

And don't forget the grifting to avoid an honest days/lifetime of work.

That laundry list is interesting. I can't wear jeans anymore than 2-3x before they get too baggy and need the dryer to "shrink" them up again. I always wash socks if I wore them with shoes. I do have some fluffy shea infused socks for sleeping that I wear several times because they don't get dirty. 

Im sure the girls have lots to discuss even being fundies. They've had pretty drama-filled lives what with the multiple Josh scandals, being reality stars, etc. 

When the Duggars travelled the world and stayed in hotels, did they still have one boy room and one girl room? Or do you think they split it so it was like 2 little kids and 2 big kids per room?

56 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

When the Duggars travelled the world and stayed in hotels, did they still have one boy room and one girl room? Or do you think they split it so it was like 2 little kids and 2 big kids per room?

I think the most sensible thing to do would be to split it two little kids and two big kids. So the Duggars probably had 3 little girls in with Jana. 

I seem to remember something with the today show and some of the littles getting sick and them having to alter room assignments. I wish I could remember more. Anna was there and I think Mackenzie was alive. 

Sorry, I haven't watched the show since it got canceled, so my memory is super hazy. 

@Gillyweed, hotel rooms usually have a legal capacity that is posted in the room.

My husband just got back from a week's trip to England yesterday and he took an enormous amount of clothes: 4 pairs of jeans, a number of shirts, about 9 pairs of undershorts and I don't know many pairs of socks.  It was overkill.  I would only have taken two pairs of pants (one of them jeans) or a pair of jeans and one skirt.  I don't think it occurs to him that he could wear a pair of jeans more than once as a general rule.

1 hour ago, Jilli said:

. Anna was there and I think Mackenzie was alive. 

Sorry, I haven't watched the show since it got canceled, so my memory is super hazy. 

What happened to Mackenzie?

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'll definitely wear jeans 5 or 6 times before I wash them, but 10-15 for sweaters?! Wow. I wash mine after wearing them twice, tops. Wouldn't they smell like sweat after wearing them that many times? And what does 'Weekends don't count' for sweatshirts mean? Socks I'll also wear 2 or 3 times if I'm just kicking around the house, but my feet don't sweat.

I think they are assuming a layer under the sweaters... t-shirt or undershirt or turtleneck.

I have to change socks daily, although I wear socks with no shoes indoors all the time and I'm sure they pick up a little dirt that way plus the sweat.  Bras I wear around a week or just under.  I need to go bra shopping... 2 of the underwires have broken in the last couple of months :-(.  My mom taught me to wear bras 2 days and then wash, but that was in a humid climate and it's dry enough in CA that I can go longer.

I don't get 80 loads a week either. I do a load / week for the two of us - not including bedsheets as they're a load on their own.

Total of 5 loads / month for 2 people.

that would be 55 loads / month for 22 people. About 2 loads / day, which is a lot, but surely still manageable if you don't iron it and get the littles to sort the socks. I think I could do that on top of my full-time job and other chores around the house.

Even if the little kids get dirty all the time surely their clothes would be smaller meaning you can get more of them in a load? Also I was under the impression that they had huge washing machines.

@Foudeb you're using logic and reason (and mathematics), that won't help you understand the Duggar laundry system. First you pray and then Jesus helps you understand that the more loads of washing they do, the less time they have for independent thought. 

Socks definitely only get one wearing with me but I feel like I pick up enough cat hair, that once is more than enough. I can't imagine sweaters not going in the wash after a couple of wearings, even with layers. Maybe I just think that I smell. :P

23 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Socks definitely only get one wearing with me but I feel like I pick up enough cat hair, that once is more than enough. I can't imagine sweaters not going in the wash after a couple of wearings, even with layers. Maybe I just think that I smell. :P

Please don't give yourself a bad time. I'm afraid of smelling too. I wear my jeans twice, then wash them, because I'm afraid they'll be less than fragrant after two days. During the summer, if it's warm or I've hiked/sweat a lot, my shorts get washed after one wearing. The only things I follow recommendations on are sweaters (I always wear a shirt underneath, and my sweaters are supposed to be hand wash, although I use my friends' front loading machine on hand wash setting because I don't think my washing them by hand gets all odors out) and skirts, which I wear with a slip that I wash more often.

I'll also add that I wash my cardigans more often, since I can wash them in my washer, and they are a snugger fit over my shirt.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:28 AM, choralcrusader8613 said:

This discussion made me think of this image I found a while ago about how much a person could go between washes (barring stains and such, obviously):

maintenance-of-clothes-4-1442667478.jpeg

I follow this chart and it really cuts down on the laundry. I also don't wash towels every time they are used. I've said this before but if I had a ridiculous amount of children, I would keep things very simple. The kids wouldn't bathe everyday in the cooler months. The bed clothes would be simple with nothing extra. All the boys would wear the exact same socks but in different sizes obviously. The boys would have simple and short haircuts. Everyone would have a cup and plate with their name on it that they would be responsible for. Only disposable diapers ever. No way would I bother with cloth if I had a dozen or more children. And I would probably also institute the "family closet" like the Duggars because there's no way I would bother putting away all those clothes in each dresser and closet every single day. 

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I follow this chart and it really cuts down on the laundry. I also don't wash towels every time they are used. I've said this before but if I had a ridiculous amount of children, I would keep things very simple. The kids wouldn't bathe everyday in the cooler months. The bed clothes would be simple with nothing extra. All the boys would wear the exact same socks but in different sizes obviously. The boys would have simple and short haircuts. Everyone would have a cup and plate with their name on it that they would be responsible for. Only disposable diapers ever. No way would I bother with cloth if I had a dozen or more children. And I would probably also institute the "family closet" like the Duggars because there's no way I would bother putting away all those clothes in each dresser and closet every single day. 

Colour-code the socks by size / owner. Saves a loooot of time. As in, child A only has blue socks, child B only has green socks etc.

22 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Colour-code the socks by size / owner. Saves a loooot of time. As in, child A only has blue socks, child B only has green socks etc.

I'm a sock purest. I just like keeping socks plain white so they can all be matched to each other in case you lose one sock. And plain white goes with everything. Plus the Duggars had 6 boys in a row. I bet most of those six could wear close to the same size sock most of the time. 

18 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

We do so! Well, without intention, i have to admit. But mr. Scrabblemaster only wears black socks, while mine are colorful. But in the end the only socks i put together are my socks, because it is easier. He has many black socks in different after-wasing-colour-stages so .... 

On 2/27/2017 at 10:41 AM, Incognito22 said:

If  socks go on my feet for 30 seconds or more they must be washed. I inherited my dad's nasty feet.  They smell like rotten vinegar.  Nothing fixes them not even a priest.

My sister bought deodorant powder for her son's stinky feet. She makes him use roll on deodorant, and it does help the stench.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Big, deep philosophical question here; where do missing socks go? 

The dryer eats them and turns them into lint or "laundry cotton candy" as my daughter refers to it :my_biggrin:

I wash shirts (of any kind) every time I wear them. Same with socks and undies. Bras- in a humid climate after 1-2 days, sports bras are washed after each workout. In a dry climate, I'll wear my "day bra" for 5-7 days before washing. Sweatshirt I wash when I feel like it needs it. There are only two of us in the house (plus pets) and I'd say we do about ten  loads of laundry a week including sheets, rugs, and towels.

Socks are turned into wire hangars by a weird alchemical process in the dryer. They then tangle themselves together in the closet. I haven't figured out how to turn them back. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived