IGNORED

Seewalds 19: Dust Bunnies and Babies

Destiny

30 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

This discussion made me think of this image I found a while ago about how much a person could go between washes (barring stains and such, obviously):

maintenance-of-clothes-4-1442667478.jpeg

Huh. Is it really weird to wear socks more than once before washing? Underwear I get, but socks? I'm not sure, I'm not a shoe person. I live in flip flops and flats, heels for church. So I rarely wear socks lol.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VineHeart137 said:

Huh. Is it really weird to wear socks more than once before washing? Underwear I get, but socks? I'm not sure, I'm not a shoe person. I live in flip flops and flats, heels for church. So I rarely wear socks lol.

I'm the same way, minus the heels (I don't have any pairs currently). When I do wear socks though, they definitely need to be washed once I've worn them.

32 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

This discussion made me think of this image I found a while ago about how much a person could go between washes (barring stains and such, obviously):

I'll definitely wear jeans 5 or 6 times before I wash them, but 10-15 for sweaters?! Wow. I wash mine after wearing them twice, tops. Wouldn't they smell like sweat after wearing them that many times? And what does 'Weekends don't count' for sweatshirts mean? Socks I'll also wear 2 or 3 times if I'm just kicking around the house, but my feet don't sweat.

9 hours ago, Karma said:

It looked to me like they all wore a completely new outfit every day.  One episode when they were going away in the RV, they carried the clothes in hangers outside, complete with shirt and jeans/skirt for each day.  Twenty one (or maybe 20, if josh had left) complete outfits a day would mount up quickly.  They possibly all have clean towel each day as well?

This video of the girls room shows covers on the older girls beds (weirdly the little ones have just sheets).  There's a similar one of the boys room showing quilts on the beds as well.  I know we have seen photos of uncovered mattresses in the boys room before, but I think that was when they had extra guests staying?  

But still, I don't see how they do more than 11 loads of laundry a day.

This always horrified me they only have 7 beds in this room, Teenage Joy had to sleep in the toddler bed with the toddlers, Jill & Jessa only moved out 2 1/2 years ago Joy was 17 and sleeping in a little girls bed with a slide on it.  Where the hell did Jordan & Josie sleep? With Jana and Jill? So until Jinger moved out they really don't have enough big girl beds for them. Josie is small enough she could sleep in a little bed under the bunk bed.  

I wonder what the room looks like now with Jill, Jessa & Jinger gone. The Lost girls are luckier in the sleeping arraignments with so many sister moved out there are only 6 of them in there at the moment, and I'm sure Joy will be gone by the end of the summer at the latest. They can get rid of the toddler beds and the bed with the slide and have a regular bed in there so each on gets her own normal sized bed

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

When i wear socks in shoes during the day the need to see the washing machine. But if it is really freezing cold i wear socks in bed. Fluffy, soft  self made wollen socks. And they can last longer than one day, because sleepy feet don't sweat. Well mine do not. All they do is dream about a walk on the beach and some cute nailpolish. Normal girly feet dreams :pb_biggrin:.

By the way, i have no foot fetish. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Where the hell did Jordan & Josie sleep? With Jana and Jill?

Yup. The girls said they did that in their book.

I wear sweaters over other things like T shirts or cotton shirts. Unless it has a stain, the sweater can be worn many times. 

Looking back, maybe we all underestimated Jessa.

She married a manchild, but in doing so she joined herself to someone she can control and mold. She also picked someone who was in love (infatuated?) with HER, in all her sassy glory, as opposed to the IDEA of her as a submissive helpmeet. They also actually dated for more than 10 minutes before getting engaged.

As the years go on, Ben seems to be growing up. He was speaking out against Donald Trump at least in the early stages of the campaign, which gives him at least a few points as far as I'm concerned. He's backed off of the instagram preaching right as Derick has taken up that cross on twitter, and his family seems to want to stay out of the limelight (or at least off of TLC). 

He and Jessa seem to actually enjoy each other's company, and they both seem incredibly in love with their children.

I am almost ashamed to say that Ben & Jessa have become my favourite Duggar couple.

If  socks go on my feet for 30 seconds or more they must be washed. I inherited my dad's nasty feet.  They smell like rotten vinegar.  Nothing fixes them not even a priest.

I'm impressed that Ben wants to learn beyond what the cult allows them to know, and he's hanging out with non cult members, he's seeking these people. Yes they are still Christian, but I don't have a problem with that, seeking other variations of Christianity and opening ones mind to other ideas and not being so rigid in ones beliefs is a good thing. There is room for them to go as far left as conservative Christians, if Ben wants to be a preacher, he's at least studying for it and not pulling a Derrick and just spouting hate on Twitter & Insta. I will give him props for rethinking views on people, he's young, and he's educating himself and in doing so his world view is changing.  Now if only he could get his wife on some birth control and away from her horrible family. 

While Ben struck me as too immature to get married when he did, he did continue his education after he married Jessa and graduated with an AA degree.   I give him credit for that, he didn't just chuck it all, something he could have been tempted to do because of the family cult he married into (their influence) and their dog and pony show (money).   I can't remember what he's doing now education-wise if anything, but the AA is real and serves as a springboard for continuing education.  It's not the SOTDRT.

While he's struck me as annoying many times, I also get he's young and there's still time for him to come into his own, to mature and figure out who Ben is.  The unfortunate part is that he has to do it with a family to support so it's harder but not impossible and maybe this is the way he needs to do it. 

My socks usually get two wears before washing, as long as I don't sweat in them. I usually only wear them for a few hours or if I'm cold. I assume this will change if I become able to work. Then I'll sweat and be like...nope.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This always horrified me they only have 7 beds in this room, Teenage Joy had to sleep in the toddler bed with the toddlers, Jill & Jessa only moved out 2 1/2 years ago Joy was 17 and sleeping in a little girls bed with a slide on it.  Where the hell did Jordan & Josie sleep? With Jana and Jill? So until Jinger moved out they really don't have enough big girl beds for them. Josie is small enough she could sleep in a little bed under the bunk bed.  

I wonder what the room looks like now with Jill, Jessa & Jinger gone. The Lost girls are luckier in the sleeping arraignments with so many sister moved out there are only 6 of them in there at the moment, and I'm sure Joy will be gone by the end of the summer at the latest. They can get rid of the toddler beds and the bed with the slide and have a regular bed in there so each on gets her own normal sized bed

Jana should not be in a room with little girls. She deserves her own room. That house has plenty of space. I just can't believe she is content to just stay in there. Sure I know there are people who had no choice but to share a room or bed. I was one of them. Was SO happy when my sis left for college.

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I more or less agree with that washing infographic, but it's leaving out the most infamous article of clothing on this level.... bras! I'll throw my cheap ones in with the wash every few weeks, but my nicer ones are washed by hand very... *cough* rarely...

Shirts/sweaters/non-denim bottoms etc I'll basically submit to the smell test unless I know they have been exposed to sweat or other messiness. Sheets I'll use for an embarassingly long time- that's probably why it ends up being Mr. Knees' jurisdiction. Towels can handle a few uses.

Sorry if I missed something, but where are we getting this 80 loads of laundry a day number for the Duggars? I don't get it. In spite of having few household linens, I'm sure the last 20 years or so for them had so many kid-related messes that it could easily add up to 15 or more loads a day (in a normal-sized washing machine). Even the older kids (guys doing manual labor, girls taking care of littles) probably had fairly frequent clothing changes.

7 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Sorry if I missed something, but where are we getting this 80 loads of laundry a day number for the Duggars? I don't get it. In spite of having few household linens, I'm sure the last 20 years or so for them had so many kid-related messes that it could easily add up to 15 or more loads a day (in a normal-sized washing machine). Even the older kids (guys doing manual labor, girls taking care of littles) probably had fairly frequent clothing changes.

I think Jinger's said that they do 70-80 loads a week when asked on the show.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Reading this, they are not a normal family. We know that, but to see their strange ways of doing things listed like this really does make the weird stand out.

How anyone has a comfortable nights sleep in that house is beyond me.

When  #1and 2 where little, the evening routine included bath and warm clean Jammies.

Those poor howlers and lost girls. We can only hope that they don't do this with their own families. 

To see this list just magnifies the awful parenting provided by J-B and meeeechelle.

Quantity(# of kids) over quality (of parenting for each kid) for sure. In the parenting department, a poor method.

12 hours ago, Karma said:

It looked to me like they all wore a completely new outfit every day.  One episode when they were going away in the RV, they carried the clothes in hangers outside, complete with shirt and jeans/skirt for each day.  Twenty one (or maybe 20, if josh had left) complete outfits a day would mount up quickly.  They possibly all have clean towel each day as well?

This video of the girls room shows covers on the older girls beds (weirdly the little ones have just sheets).  There's a similar one of the boys room showing quilts on the beds as well.  I know we have seen photos of uncovered mattresses in the boys room before, but I think that was when they had extra guests staying?  

But still, I don't see how they do more than 11 loads of laundry a day.

Are we not gonna talk about the framed picture of teenaged Jim Bob?

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

They talk into the wee hours of the morning? What do they have to talk about?

How much it sucks to raise someone else's kids? I know I'd be bitching.

15 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

How much it sucks to raise someone else's kids? I know I'd be bitching.

Sounds like you need to work on your contentment.  :my_angel: 

3 hours ago, Stormy said:

Are we not gonna talk about the framed picture of teenaged Jim Bob?

No, because I don't want to be sick.

But yes, that's seriously weird.  Other teenage girls have pop stars or movie star posters, the Duggar girls have their teenage father.  It's weird.

15 minutes ago, Karma said:

But yes, that's seriously weird.  Other teenage girls have pop stars or movie star posters, the Duggar girls have their teenage father.  It's weird.

I think this has been discussed before on a previous thread, something about it being aspirational. Or maybe Daddy first, boys second. Either way it's gross.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

But that's probably exactly what they dream about. A boy that's just like daddy (except not related) to come side hug them, court them, marry them, impregnate them umphteen times and eventually dry hump them in front of one of their blessings and their courtee. :output_eeMbjt:

:roll:

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

They talk into the wee hours of the morning? What do they have to talk about?

I have no idea. I was trying to think about what my roommates and I talked about until the wee hours of the morning. We talked about classes, stress, unrealistic professors, boys, relationships, partying. 

Sooo, I imagine that these girls talk about unrealistic parents, potential courtships, having to raise their parents babies, stress related to family scandals. Maybe? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived