IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell Baby Watch Was Short - Benajamin Steven Is Here

anjulibai

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

Congratulations to Melanie, I am very happy for her that there were no more complications.  And I sincerely wish that this was her last baby!

Were it up to me, I'd say, "You finally were able to enjoy pregnancy and have a complications-free delivery of a baby you'll take home right away, no NICU. Thank God and close up shop."

We'll see what happens. I won't be surprised if their reaction is, "God blessed us with a healthy pregnancy & baby -- let's do it again!"

And whatever their choice, it *is* their choice. I'm happy and relieved that all is well. 

I thought Drew would be their last, so who knows?

Of course it took 2 and a half years for them to get pregnant with Benjamin, and Melanie is 41 already. In another 2.5 years she'll be 44. 

It's possible, but I really hope not. 

53 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

The Maxwell's are predictable and boring, but the odds of a Maxwell spawn being named Spurgeon, Wilberforce, Heistheway, or some other comprably horrid baby name are low.  

Though between a first name of Spurgeon, or a last name of Maxwell, I'd say Spurgeon wins it.

So happy little Ben didn't even need NICU time! He looks like a robust lil guy. 

For as much as I snark on these people, I'm genuinely glad mom and baby are doing well. 

31 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

So happy little Ben didn't even need NICU time! He looks like a robust lil guy. 

For as much as I snark on these people, I'm genuinely glad mom and baby are doing well. 

I think we all are. I think either this will be the last baby or she will have a max of 1 more. She's not one to get pregnant year after year and they struggled a lot to even have the children they have. She's in her early 40s now, so can't foresee many more. I am unsure how old AM is, but she's the one I currently see having 7-10 children. No word on Elissa having another yet, which is good for her sake. Baby after baby is never a positive thing. Nathan and Melanie have been through hell, so I think just about everyone her is happy for her to have a healthy, happy baby. Years of infertility, the loss of the first baby after she was born, which, I don't care how much you trump up your religion as having reasons for things, losing your baby is devastating and every parent's worst nightmare. Abby was premature and Melanie was on bedrest for a time. She's also had a couple emergency c-sections, so having children has not been easy at all for her. I am happy for her health she's coming to an end of her childbearing. I know they of all people likely cherish the children they do have dearly after all they had to go through to have them. 

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

I am unsure how old AM is, but she's the one I currently see having 7-10 children.

Anna Marie is 31 this year, I don't have an exact birth date. Like I posted up thread, based on her average spacing she might already be pregnant, with a predicted due date in October. Her spacing hasn't been totally consistent (20 months, 13 months, 13.5 months) but if she maintains the average of 15 months between kids, she could hit 15 before she's 45. 

On 21/02/2017 at 9:51 PM, Foudeb said:

I hope it's a boy, I hate to see girls born into patriarchal cults.

I'm going with Benjamin, Ben for short. 

My first baby name prediction and I got it right, wooohooo!

This said it's not like it's hard to guess for the Boring McPredictables Maxhells. The real kudos go to those who guessed Israel, Spurgeon etc.

I KNEW a Maxwell spawn would be named after Stevie eventually. I think Teri is a little too out there/not that Biblical. Calia isn't Biblical I know but it's apparently a variant of Calista which means "beautiful/most beautiful" so that's probably A-OK. Plus she does have the middle name Grace. 

17 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

Well Benjamin Steven Maxwell has arrived. 8lb 140z so a good size. Well done mumma. No problems this time round which must be nice for his mum. 

Winner winner chicken dinner to all the Benjamin guessers. 

Well, I was wrong. They did use a family name. They had not used any yet, so I thought they wouldn't. Well, one named after Steve. Poor Benjamin. 

Now I predict AM or Elissa or both will be pregnant by the end of the year. 

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

Anna Marie is 31 this year, I don't have an exact birth date. Like I posted up thread, based on her average spacing she might already be pregnant, with a predicted due date in October. Her spacing hasn't been totally consistent (20 months, 13 months, 13.5 months) but if she maintains the average of 15 months between kids, she could hit 15 before she's 45. 

31 and 4 kids already? Oh my. No, not consistent, but still seems to have one every 2 years at the most. At 31, her fertility is likely still fine, so yeah, she could be the one to hit double digits. I can't recall if they stated Elissa's age, but Joseph is about 28, so she's likely just a bit younger. She could have around 7-10 depending on her fertility. 

I'm glad they are ok and I'm going to predict that he is their last. Your fertility really drops once you get into your 40s. Plus she didn't seemsuper fertile to begin with. It seems only the super fertile fundies had babies into their mid 40s (Michelle and Kelly for example). But they were both done by 45 I believe. 

30 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Well, I was wrong. They did use a family name. They had not used any yet, so I thought they wouldn't. Well, one named after Steve. Poor Benjamin.

It's a nice-sounding name, but perhaps the Maxwells should think twice about giving a baby the initials "BS".

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

It's a nice-sounding name, but perhaps the Maxwells should think twice about giving a baby the initials "BS".

If this little guy grows up to spout the same crap as his namesake, BS Maxwell is a perfect name. 

BTW I am LOVING this wave of fundie baby boys! 

51 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Now I predict AM or Elissa or both will be pregnant by the end of the year. 

31 and 4 kids already? Oh my. No, not consistent, but still seems to have one every 2 years at the most. At 31, her fertility is likely still fine, so yeah, she could be the one to hit double digits. I can't recall if they stated Elissa's age, but Joseph is about 28, so she's likely just a bit younger. She could have around 7-10 depending on her fertility. 

Elissa is turning 25 sometime this year - she was 22 when she and Joseph got married in 2014. I don't have an exact birthdate, though. 

I am a bit surprised she hasn't had another baby, but I imagine there will be a pregnancy this year since Calia is almost 1 and a half. 

11 hours ago, Bethella said:

NR Anna's birthday is April 19, according to my notes.

47 minutes ago, halcionne said:

NR Anna's birthday is April 19, according to my notes.

Oooh, thanks! She and Elissa are the only ones whose actual birthdates I don't have (though I knew Anna's birthday was in April). 

My guess was a girl named Esther Grace, but I imagined a boy was very likely to be named Benjamin. I'm glad that there appear to have been no complications and that Ben didn't even have to go to the NICU--Melanie really deserved to have an easy pregnancy and birth for once, so this makes me especially hopeful that maybe this was her last!

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Betcha this baby is gonna be Steve's favorite grandchild, ughhh.

Boy, check. Named after him, check.

Yup, Steve is going to make an idol of this kid.

Am I the only one who immediately tried to think of E nick names for Benjamin?

So far, I can only come up with "Enji", which doesn't seem realistic....

On 2/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, SPHASH said:

Better change the name of  the thread.

Now its time for grotesque newborn pics by Prissy Chris assisted by Poor Sarah.

Please, no more wrapped up like a cheesecloth burrito or stuffed into a basket. Show some mercy, Chris.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:22 AM, mango_fandango said:

I KNEW a Maxwell spawn would be named after Stevie eventually. I think Teri is a little too out there/not that Biblical.

I suppose Teresa is too Catholic for them.

Archived