IGNORED

United States Governors

Cartmann99

49 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And of course these sticks of fuck are pretty fucking stupid. 

Congrats dude. You just pissed away the second chance you were given. Good luck getting a third chance asshole. 

If the worst happens and Trump wins, would this be a federal case that Trump could pardon? He is such a loathsome individual, I can see him pardoning the guy just because he was going after a Democratic governor, who Trump loathes.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

If the worst happens and Trump wins, would this be a federal case that Trump could pardon? He is such a loathsome individual, I can see him pardoning the guy just because he was going after a Democratic governor, who Trump loathes.

That’s probably why they’re doing state charges too so the pinche culero in chief can’t give these pieces of shit a get out of jail free card. 

Edited by 47of74
Fucking iOS autocorrect
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

And apparently these terrorists also wanted to kidnap Gov. Northam of Virginia

An FBI agent testified during a court hearing in Michigan that members of anti-government paramilitary groups discussed kidnapping Virginia’s governor during a June meeting in Ohio.

Special Agent Richard Trask was part of the investigation that led to six men being arrested and charged last week with plotting to kidnap Michigan’s Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Trask on Tuesday did not name Virginia’s Democratic governor, Ralph Northam, during his testimony in a federal courtroom in Grand Rapids. He said members of anti-government groups from multiple states attended the meeting.

I think every Democratic Governor and their immediate adult family members should be offered free concealed carry permits and the states should offer to issue them the same weapon their state troopers are issued - for VA that would be SIG Sauer P320 - and the right to carry it anywhere in the state. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some sticks of fuck up in Wisconsin tried to recall Gov. Evers.  They failed

An effort to recall Wisconsin Democratic Gov. Tony Evers over his response to racial injustice protests and the coronavirus has failed, the recall's organizer told supporters today.

Misty Polewczynski, of Burlington, posted on the “Recall Evers Petition” Facebook page today that not enough signatures were collected. She did not say how close the group came to collecting the nearly 670,000 needed signatures and she did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Tuesday was the deadline for the group to submit the signatures to force a recall election. Polewczynski had said as recently as last week that the group had enough signatures, while also posting on Facebook that she planned to “make up some crap” when interviewed by reporters about the recall effort.

Polewczynski said in the post today that no petitions would be submitted, in part to prevent the names of those who signed the petitions from becoming public. She said all petitions collected would be destroyed.

That seems a bit fishy to me that they can destroy the petitions. 

• Upvote 2

#CovidKim doesn't have time to do her fucking job as it relates to the pandemic but has lots of time to sign bullshit proclamations like this;

HyVeeMonth.thumb.png.ab103b170e8fb74f299fdd99ba5443ec.png

If we had other options like Schnucks or Kroger I'd be do more grocery shopping there.  I wonder how much Hy-Vee paid her for this?

• Upvote 4

Yeah sure you are #CovidKim

Reynolds said her team and the Iowa Department of Public Health continue to be in touch with hospitals across the state, checking in on what they need. But like the leaders of hospitals in eastern Iowa, Reynolds said she is more concerned about staffing capacity than beds.

“We’re watching workforce very carefully, so that’s kind of something that we need to be very conscientious of, so they have the people to maintain the level of beds that they need to not only treat COVID, those Iowans with COVID, but also the Iowans that just need to utilize the hospital,” Reynolds said.

Reynolds also said the state is focusing its shipments of a new type of rapid test toward long-term care facilities and clinics. The state expects to receive about 900,000 BinaxNOW tests, which can deliver results in about 15 minutes. Reynolds said the current focus for doling out these tests is on long-term care facilities because the federal government requires them to do more testing.

The governor said they’re sending the tests to clinics because the state believes it’s important for kids who need to be tested to also visit their doctor.

• Upvote 3

On 10/13/2020 at 5:02 PM, 47of74 said:

And apparently these terrorists also wanted to kidnap Gov. Northam of Virginia

I think every Democratic Governor and their immediate adult family members should be offered free concealed carry permits and the states should offer to issue them the same weapon their state troopers are issued - for VA that would be SIG Sauer P320 - and the right to carry it anywhere in the state. 

In addition to these Democratic governors , in my state , Ohio , our Republican governor has faced a similar plot against him .   https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/10/24/ohio-o24.html 

• Upvote 4

A Lt. Governor, not a Governor, but I'm sitting here shaking my head:

image.png.522791395cde0fea0c4c7912df43ed7c.png

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 7

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

A Lt. Governor, not a Governor, but I'm sitting here shaking my head:

image.png.522791395cde0fea0c4c7912df43ed7c.png

explain-difference.jpg

DeSantis is the epitome of "Florida Man"

• WTF 2

• 2 weeks later...

Republicans in the Ohio state legislature votes to limit Gov . Dewine's coronavirus orders .  

Ohio lawmakers on Thursday sent Gov. Mike DeWine a bill that would strip his administration of the authority to issue statewide coronavirus orders, even though the governor said the measure would be “a disaster” and vowed to veto it.

Senate Bill 311, which passed 58-30 along party lines, would ban the Ohio Department of Health from issuing mandatory quarantine orders enforced against people who are not diagnosed as sick or directly exposed to disease. It passed the state Senate in September.  

The bill would not void existing statewide orders, including the three-week 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew announced by the governor earlier this week, a renewed statewide mask mandate, and a “stay-at-home” order like the one DeWine ordered the state health director to issue last spring. But it would prohibit such orders from being issued in the future, and it would allow lawmakers to vote to rescind any existing state health order.

Supporters say the legislation provides a needed check on the DeWine administration’s authority to unilaterally issue health orders. Conservatives, in particular, have fiercely criticized many of DeWine’s coronavirus policies, arguing they infringe on personal freedoms and unnecessarily devastate the state’s economy.

A lengthy House floor debate prior to the vote involved Republican proponents arguing that they are expressing the will of their constituents and rightly checking the power of the governor versus Democrats who pointed to opposition from public-health experts saying the bill would cripple efforts to fight the coronavirus.

“The administration is acting as two branches of government. This is not the way our republic was intended to work,” said state Rep. Scott Wiggam, a Wooster Republican, during a House floor speech Thursday. Wiggam said the bill was “not a debate about the seriousness of the coronavirus or any potential future outbreak,” but rather about protecting Ohioans’ rights “against government overreach.”

State Rep. Reggie Stoltzfus, a Stark County Republican, said that his constituents are “furious” about the governor’s orders. “Ohioans are scared of this virus,” Stoltzfus said. “But Ohioans are also scared about what the governor is going to do next.”

State Rep. Allison Russo, a Democrat from suburban Columbus, said “we all understand the value” of checks and balances and hearing from constituents.

“But we are in a position right now where our public health authorities need to be able to react quickly,” Russo said.

State Rep. Brigid Kelly, a Cincinnati Democrat, said if SB 311 becomes law, it “will only lead to more deaths and further destabilize our economy.” Kelly asked: “Is it that science and data really matter? Or is it that science and data be damned because we think we know better?”

DeWine, a Greene County Republican, said during a televised coronavirus briefing Thursday that he has “a moral obligation” to veto the bill, as it would hamstring his ability to respond to a number of crises, from pandemics to biological weapon attacks.

“This bill would make Ohio slow to respond to a crisis. It would take tools away from this governor and future governors,” DeWine said. “It would put the lives of Ohioans in jeopardy. This bill is a disaster.”

If DeWine follows through on his promise to reject SB 311, the Ohio Senate could override his veto if three-fifths of senators (20 of 33) vote to make it law. The bill passed the Senate in September with exactly 20 votes.

Senate Bill 311 just the latest in a series of bills the Republican-dominated Ohio legislature has passed since the coronavirus crisis emerged this spring to rein in the governor’s power to issue coronavirus-related rules.

In July, DeWine vetoed Senate Bill 55, which would decriminalize violations of public health orders.

Other legislation still pending in the Ohio General Assembly to rein in the governor’s coronavirus power include:

Senate Bill 374, a bipartisan bill co-sponsored by Senate President Larry Obhof, a Medina Republican, that would repeal a three-month-old executive order from DeWine requiring bars and restaurants to stop serving alcohol after 10 p.m.

Senate Bill 31, the House version of which would require local health officials to get written approval from contract-tracing participants. House and Senate members still have to work out in conference committee whether to keep the contact-tracing provision in the final version of the bill.

Senate Bill 375, which would void a DeWine administration coronavirus order closing county fairs except for junior fair activities. The Ohio Senate passed it on Wednesday.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/11/ohio-lawmakers-pass-bill-stripping-gov-mike-dewine-of-his-power-to-issue-statewide-coronavirus-orders.html  

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 2

On 11/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

DeSantis is the epitome of "Florida Man"

I built those balsa wood a airplanes when I was a kid so that qualifies me to pilot a rocket to the space station 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought Kemp was one of the most ass-kissingest Trump cronies. Why do you think he found a backbone right now? Would there be legal consequences if he went along and yelled about fraud?  

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

This is why own goals are such a problem. 

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has had a rough year. The next one might be even tougher as a recall effort appears to be gaining momentum, fueled partly by outrage over the first-term Democrat dining with friends at an opulent restaurant while telling state residents to spurn social gatherings and stay home. 

It’s not uncommon in California for residents to seek recalls but they rarely get on the ballot — and even fewer succeed. Several launched against Newsom faded but another attempt is drawing greater attention as his fortunes change while he enters a critical stretch in his governorship. 

Newsom received high praise for his aggressive approach to the coronavirus last spring, when he issued the nation’s first statewide stay-at-home order. Now there is growing public angst over subsequent health orders that have shuttered schools and businesses and a massive unemployment benefits fraud scandal, while a public shaming continues for his ill-advised dinner at the French Laundry in Napa Valley, an establishment that features a white truffle and caviar dinner for $1,200 per person. 

Photos of the dinner — a birthday party for a Newsom confidante who also is a lobbyist — emerged showing the governor without a mask at a time when he was imploring people not to socialize with friends and wear a face covering when going out and around others.

If he had responded publicly to the invitation to that French Laundry party that he would not attend period because he wasn’t going to attend a gathering while asking people not to I think he would have gained even more respect. This latest recall attempt would have gone nowhere if he didn’t do this own goal. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, 47of74 said:

#CovidKim doesn't have time to do her fucking job as it relates to the pandemic but has lots of time to sign bullshit proclamations like this;

HyVeeMonth.thumb.png.ab103b170e8fb74f299fdd99ba5443ec.png

If we had other options like Schnucks or Kroger I'd be do more grocery shopping there.  I wonder how much Hy-Vee paid her for this?

They are free. You just request them online. I've done it for a cancer awareness group. In Nebraska, they used to do a public proclamation signing event once a month and allow groups/individuals who requested them to speak for 2-3 minutes then the governor signed and presented the proclamation. The two times I did it, they were mostly recognizing non-profits and awareness campaigns. 

• Upvote 1

Nicolle Wallace asks a really good question, (Aren't you just pretending to try and get the Trump stink off of you)

and Chris Christie comes up with a defense that I do believe approximates the truth.

He says other things were motivating him when he wasn't speaking out but he is a vocal critic whenever he thinks Trump is doing something that REALLY matters to the country, , and as examples he cites that time when Trump said mean things about Jeff Sessions and Chris Wray, (while saying mean things about Jeff Sessions)

Never mind putting kids in cages or being a Russian asset but you really shouldn't say bad things about other Republicans.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Pennsylvania-Lt-Gov-Fetterman-relentlessly-15822777.php

Spoiler

2of2Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman of Pennsylvania has been trolling his Republican counterpart in Texas for weeks to collect on the $1 million Patrick offered in November for evidence of fraud in the Nov. 3 election.Photo: TWITTER SCREENSHOT

WASHINGTON — All John Fetterman wants for Christmas is the $3 million he says Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick owes him.

The Democratic lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania has been trolling his Republican counterpart for weeks to collect on the $1 million Patrick offered in November for evidence of fraud in the Nov. 3 election. Three supporters of President Donald Trump have now been charged in separate voter fraud schemes in Pennsylvania. Fetterman says they should all count for bounty purposes.

The most recent charges came this week — against the second Pennsylvania man to be accused of casting a ballot for Trump in the name of his deceased mother.

“We hit the jackpot with this last one,” Fetterman said. “There are three documented cases — three.”

VOTER FRAUD IN TEXAS: Ken Paxton’s beefed-up 2020 elections unit closed just 16 minor cases

“All I want for Christmas is my handsome reward from Dan Patrick,” Fetterman tweeted on Dec. 18 with a Christmas tree and pleading face emoji. Fetterman says he’ll donate the proceeds to food banks in the form of gift cards to Sheetz and Wawa, competing Pennsylvania convenience stores with die-hard followings.

Patrick has responded to Fetterman just once, in a tweet in November that read: “Faith in the electoral process is a serious issue. Transparency is critical. PA Dems brought this on themselves w/ last minute changes to election laws and counting ballots behind closed doors. Respond to the reports. Answer the questions. Stop the snide put-downs and #getserious”

Fetterman says he is serious — about debunking the false allegations being thrown at his state. He has taken the lead in Pennsylvania pushing back on bogus claims of voter fraud circulated by Trump and his allies. Patrick — honorary chairman of Trump’s campaign in Texas — and his million-dollar reward are helping to disprove those claims, Fetterman says.

“While it’s undoubtedly and undeniably hilarious these cases involved Trump voters and their dead mothers, it’s irrelevant because it documents how truly rare voter fraud is and how impossible it is to truly pull it off,” Fetterman said.

All I want for Christmas is my handsome reward from Dan Patrick.

— John Fetterman (@JohnFetterman) December 18, 2020

Fetterman has spent the last six weeks hounding Patrick, who he says is “just such a Trump simp, it’s just pathetic.”

“The thing that’s so especially galling is that people like him were smearing our state when we actually had an impeccable election,” Fetterman said. “They keep trying to malign and smear the quality work done by both sides — we’ve got way more Republican counties than Democratic counties. He’s smearing Republicans and Democrats alike when he impugns the electoral integrity.”

“If you’re going to smear my state, then you need to pay up, because we delivered what you asked for,” he said.

Sherry Sylvester, a spokeswoman for Patrick, responded: “It is not clear why Lt. Gov. Fetterman continues on this topic since Democrats don’t believe in voter fraud — unless it’s the Russians.”

“Fetterman should actually read Lt. Governor Patrick’s offer before calling reporters,” Sylvester said. “Lt. Gov. Patrick said he would pay $25,000 to $1 million for information leading to the arrest and conviction of voter fraud — the same standard used for rewards from Crime Stoppers programs across the nation.”

She would not say whether any tips have led to payments.

me thinking about that handsome reward rn pic.twitter.com/sVZYoeHBPn

— John Fetterman (@JohnFetterman) December 21, 2020

Fetterman said he’s never met Patrick, who first came across his radar in March when Patrick appeared on Fox News during COVID lockdowns and suggested grandparents might be willing to sacrifice themselves to reopen the country. Patrick’s comments went viral.

Then came Patrick’s offer on Nov. 10 to pay up to $1 million for “information that leads to an arrest and final conviction of voter fraud.”

“I’d like to collect your handsome reward for reporting voter fraud,” Fetterman wrote on Twitter. “I got a dude in Forty Fort, PA who tried to have his dead mom vote for Trump.”

He was referring to a case from September in which a 67-year-old man was charged with forging the name of his deceased mother to get an application for an absentee ballot.

Then, in November, police filed criminal charges against a 71-year-old Willistown man who they say cast a ballot for Trump, then returned to the polling place 45 minutes later, this time wearing sunglasses and claiming to be his son, and voted for Trump again.

Police on Monday announced charges against a 70-year-old Delaware County man they say cast a ballot for Trump in the name of his long-dead mother.

Best Case of Voter Fraud in PA:

— John Fetterman (@JohnFetterman) December 21, 2020

Fetterman started a Twitter poll asking his followers which case is their favorite: “Dude in Forty Fort,” “Returns in sunglasses” or “It’s Bartman!!” referring to the name of the most recent voter to face charges.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I've actually adopted Fetterman as my Attorney General.  He is absolutely on point and hilarious at the same time.  He's competent, smart, fierce and funny and insanely good at trolling idiots.  PA is lucky to have him. 

In the clown car reality show that is Texas politics, us Texans are stuck with criminal Ken "Please pardon me!" Paxton for AG and noxious asshole Dan "Let the elderly die" Patrick for Lt. Governor. And did I mention Ted Cruz? Yup, he's ours as well.  And those three are just the tip of the iceberg.  We've got Louie Gohmert, Ratcliffe (current DNI), Dan Crenshaw and so many others. 

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic