IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy!!!!! went to a dance!

WonderingInWA

There is no question that Rebecca is the lucky one who dodged a bullet. Steve would have crushed her happy spirit. Rebecca is full of love and life, and Steve is just an emotionally stunted husk of a human. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@johnhugh - I unintentionally lost quite a bit of weight last year. I was still within the "normal" BMI range... but now that I'm gaining it back, Mr. Pianokeeper is VERY appreciative. And that's all I've got to say about that. 

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I just wanted to add - IIRC, Rebecca's learning difficulties, if she has them, seem to be only in math.  I sympathize because I really sucked at math and algebra too.  I manage very nicely in college and graduate school, thank you very much, and function in everyday life.  I'm very glad Rebecca managed to get her GED even if it was later than most and now she is training to be a CNA.  Good for her.

Math is one subject where a poor teacher can really set you back for life. I had an awful teacher in junior high who made me think I would never be able to do math. It was intro to algebra so I missed a lot of the most basic foundational concepts. I was setting the curve in a lot of other classes, but I felt like I was genetically destined to fail at math. It was years later, after dropping out of college and deciding I wanted to go back and finish my degree, that I took a remedial algebra course with a good teacher at a community college. All of a sudden everything "clicked" and math has been fine for me ever since.

Not everyone can teach math in a way that makes sense to more verbal or kinesthetic-oriented learners, and unfortunately for Rebecca, she's only ever had one teacher.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:35 AM, Palimpsest said:

That wasn't me.  I noticed Steve and Teri laying on the charm but not the girls.  Sarah was barely in evidence at the conference I spent a whole 60 minutes suffering through.  Mary (or was it Anna?) did not seem to be a Great Conversationalist at all.

@Palimpsest, I remember it was another poster who suffered through attended a conference who made this comment on Sarah.  This was some time after you and Mr. Palimpsest did.  It was not too long afterward that they gave up Uriah, so the conferences must have been drying up and perhaps Sarah was more Energized! to help keep the family business going.

24 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

@Palimpsest, I remember it was another poster who suffered through attended a conference who made this comment on Sarah.  This was some time after you and Mr. Palimpsest did.  It was not too long afterward that they gave up Uriah, so the conferences must have been drying up and perhaps Sarah was more Energized! to help keep the family business going.

Thanks.  Yes, Mr. P and I went to the very uninspiring Inspire! conference.  Someone else went to the evening session and commented that Sarah was in the background too.

Steve then had a big family meeting to develop the new and sparkling Energize! conference.  Perhaps lessons on animation were given to Sarah in the interim and Anna and Mary had to hone their conversational skills. ;)

I wonder whether the revamp of the conference was because I commented here that all the material at the Inspire! conference was old and that Teri's presentation felt very stale and over-rehearsed.

On 26/02/2017 at 3:40 AM, johnhugh said:

Didn't Rebecca's farther have issues with grape juice???2? 

Looking at her recent posts it's great that they have fostered a child and R!!1! gets to watch films and read non Moody books. But Toystory is not a film that an average  mid 20 something would make an idol of....

then there are the cakes her mother makes..... That is not a strict one animal cracker diet..... I would say Stud John had a lucky escape, though I wish her well.

Cheers for all the negative thumps down just because I don't make Rebecca K a pet fundie. Looks like the Maxwell threads had more Dugger lovers than we realised.

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

Cheers for all the negative thumps down just because I don't make Rebecca K a pet fundie. Looks like the Maxwell threads had more Dugger lovers than we realised.

In the past I have called people out for making her a pet fundie. No matter how nice she appears, she and her family are almost certainly voting to oppress tons of people. But, this wasn't about her being a pet fundie, this was about you appearing to fat shame. 

So, can you explain exactly why you think John had a "lucky escape" in not marrying her? Is it her diet? You seemed to be implying that. Don't try and play this off as you being jumped on for not making a pet out of a fundie, because you aren't dumb and you know that wasn't it. 

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Come on, that is so disingenuous. Going after weight is a cheap shot, and if anything, undermines any larger points you may wish to make about the dangers of their beliefs. 

But seriously, how stupid do you think we are with that response?

3 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Wow. That was a blistering admonishment. I need to rethink my belief system. Thank you for bringing me to my senses.

Dude, your song lyric comments are so funny and clever. I'm not sure why Rebecca's weight is the one thing you decided to snark on. And I think you'll see I'm a leg-humper of no one...

15 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Looks like the Maxwell threads had more Dugger lovers than we realised.

Cheap shot that completely missed its mark - and it compounds your error.

You seldom wander away from the Maxwell threads so you may not know that fat-shaming is strongly discouraged on FJ.  So is making crass assumptions about sexual orientation.  It has nothing to do with pet Fundies or loving the Duggars and Fundamentalism.

Come off it, @johnhugh.  I had hoped you were better than this.  Say you are sorry and we can move on.

Archived