IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy!!!!! went to a dance!

WonderingInWA

I'm glad she went to this dance and enjoyed herself. I'm also glad she's going to school to become something. But I also think she would drop everything to get a chance to become a Maxwell. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think she'd go for John now that Joseph is happily married? Oh wait; there is no "go for" among the Maxwells. But, now that she's done dancing, she's even less of a possibility, and studying post-secondary too. Does she even still comment on the Maxwell blog, and get approved? I'll have to check.

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

Think she'd go for John now that Joseph is happily married? Oh wait; there is no "go for" among the Maxwells. But, now that she's done dancing, she's even less of a possibility, and studying post-secondary too. Does she even still comment on the Maxwell blog, and get approved? I'll have to check.

She's too joyful for Maxhell. I'm guessing she realizes that. 

13 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I'm glad she went to this dance and enjoyed herself. I'm also glad she's going to school to become something. But I also think she would drop everything to get a chance to become a Maxwell

I agree with this.  I have no idea if she still comments on the blog as I only follow any "highlights" mentioned here but if Steveovah had a revelation tomorrow that Rebecca was the perfect choice for John (for example) and decided to push for a courtship, I think she would be just fine with that.

14 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I agree with this.  I have no idea if she still comments on the blog as I only follow any "highlights" mentioned here but if Steveovah had a revelation tomorrow that Rebecca was the perfect choice for John (for example) and decided to push for a courtship, I think she would be just fine with that.

If that ever happens which it will not. I think she would drop everything to be with John. 

37 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

He's never gonna have that revelation. Steve's god has a "NO FAT CHICKS" decal on the celestial SUV. And I haven't looked at Rebecca's blog lately but her mom is quite plump. That would skunk it for Steve, right there.

Also, did someone say the Eleventy family is po'? Has Steve's God ever led him to a po' family for wife material?  Melanie's dad--a chiropractor.  Anna's dad--successful farmer. Lucky Elizabeth's dad--prosperous entrepreneur. Ofjoseph's dad--well, I'm not sure what he does. But the family were all well dressed and SLIM.

Two strikes for Rebecca in a one-strike game.  Lucky Rebecca!!!

@Jana814, @MamaJunebug, agree that Steveovah having such a revelation would never happen and for many reasons including the ones that MJB has mentioned the latter which reflect very poorly on Steveovah and his god, btw.   This right there has saved Rebecca from Maxhell though she may not realize it.

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

He's never gonna have that revelation. Steve's god has a "NO FAT CHICKS" decal on the celestial SUV. And I haven't looked at Rebecca's blog lately but her mom is quite plump. That would skunk it for Steve, right there.

Also, did someone say the Eleventy family is po'? Has Steve's God ever led him to a po' family for wife material?  Melanie's dad--a chiropractor.  Anna's dad--successful farmer. Lucky Elizabeth's dad--prosperous entrepreneur. Ofjoseph's dad--well, I'm not sure what he does. But the family were all well dressed and SLIM.

Also, didn't Rebecca's dad have at least one kid from a prior relationship/marriage, and (I think) a brush with the law years ago? 

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

Also, didn't Rebecca's dad have at least one kid from a prior relationship/marriage, and (I think) a brush with the law years ago? 

That's what has always been assumed based on her blog identifying people/relationships, and on his self-proclaimed description of himself having grown up attending the "school of hard knocks". I've not read his book which I imagine goes into more detail about that.  I'm sure it is riveting...

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Man I really hate Steve. Not only is he an asshole, but a superficial greedy asshole. It makes me hope Hot John finds a hot non fundie girl that will entice him away from that asshole. 

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

He's never gonna have that revelation.

Rebecca's family approves of reading books, and not just the Moody series. They watch television and they go to movies--Hollywood movies, not just fundie films. They celebrate Christmas with an evil tree with lights and ornaments. They associate with friends who are not also relatives.

Rebecca's mother always looks like such a lovely, loving, happy person that if I ever met her I would hope she'd give me a big hug. Steve, though, definitely makes an idol of physical appearance. Not his, of course, just everyone else's.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, Closed Womb said:

I'm not seeing the intellectual disability in Miss Eleventy that others seem to notice.  She apparently graduated from home school a little late (according to this thread), but otherwise I've never noticed anything that gave me pause (I'm not an expert on delays, but I currently teach literature and writing at two different colleges, a state college and a community college.)

That said, I don't visit her blog all that often.  

I always thought her disadvantages in her world came from being poor, having to work with her family (for money, as a woman, gasp!) to contribute to the household, and being plain in appearance.  All things that I loathe to be judged, btw.

I have to be honest, I think her plainess probably is her biggest roadblock to marriage. Arndts. Seriously? They are all pretty decent looking and certainly superficial. Rebecca is poor and plain. No matter how good her heart, people just suck.

Didn't Rebecca's farther have issues with grape juice???2? 

Looking at her recent posts it's great that they have fostered a child and R!!1! gets to watch films and read non Moody books. But Toystory is not a film that an average  mid 20 something would make an idol of....

then there are the cakes her mother makes..... That is not a strict one animal cracker diet..... I would say Stud John had a lucky escape, though I wish her well.

I think Rebecca's immaturity comes from poverty & a poor homeschool education as well as being extremely sheltered. I don't think she is 'special needs'

Unfortunately her weight & plainness work against her in the fundie world which seems SO based on superficial things like looks and money. Crazy. 

On 2/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, Black Aliss said:

Rebecca's family approves of reading books, and not just the Moody series. They watch television and they go to movies--Hollywood movies, not just fundie films. They celebrate Christmas with an evil tree with lights and ornaments. They associate with friends who are not also relatives.

Rebecca's mother always looks like such a lovely, loving, happy person that if I ever met her I would hope she'd give me a big hug. Steve, though, definitely makes an idol of physical appearance. Not his, of course, just everyone else's.

I've always said Rebecca never had a chance because of all that. Her family may be drinking the fundie kool aid, but they also live their lives. They are too worldly for Maxhell, in every way. 

I think it's sad that Rebecca is 25 and blogs like a teenager, and lives like one as well. But, at least she got her GED, so she is basically educated and at least she is going to get trained to do something other than sit home and wait for a godly husband to come take her away. And, they are a good family - they help people, care for people, celebrate people. They are at least Jesus Christians instead of death Christians. 

Small things shine in the world of fundies.

This got me thinking having read some of Rebecca's blog and seeing posts on her family.   The family may be fundie and all that but I get a warm feeling from reading about them.  They seem to be very genuine people and live the true gospel helping and caring for people in spite of their limited means.  They may be materially poor but they are giving of themselves.  

Steveovah doesn't see any of that, he only sees people who are poor, who aren't conventionally attractive, who experience joy, who accept others, and most of all don't live day to day in a sort of emotional death march, such as he's imposed on his family.   

On 2/27/2017 at 9:28 AM, nokidsmom said:

Steveovah doesn't see any of that, he only sees people who are poor, who aren't conventionally attractive, who experience joy, who accept others, and most of all don't live day to day in a sort of emotional death march, such as he's imposed on his family.   

He also sees (or used to see) them as customers for their workbooks and seminars. I'm sure there are many families who felt a real connection with the Maxwells, much the same way some real estate agents and car salesmen try to pretend they are your new best friend.

On 2/28/2017 at 1:53 PM, Black Aliss said:

He also sees (or used to see) them as customers for their workbooks and seminars. I'm sure there are many families who felt a real connection with the Maxwells, much the same way some real estate agents and car salesmen try to pretend they are your new best friend.

Interesting that you mention that.  I remember reading a thread where someone infiltrated went to a Maxwell conference.  Her interaction with Sarah make her think exactly that.  They are thrilled to see you only because you will buy their stuff. 

On 26/02/2017 at 3:40 AM, johnhugh said:

then there are the cakes her mother makes..... That is not a strict one animal cracker diet..... I would say Stud John had a lucky escape, though I wish her well.

What a nasty thing to say. I'm fat, and my husband adores me. We're very happy. Would he have been better off with a "lucky escape"?

On 2/21/2017 at 1:44 AM, jakesykora said:

It's too bad there's no age appropriate Munck boys for her (unless I'm forgetting someone!) They seem like they'd be a potentially great 'fit' extended family wise plus exposure wise. 

Interesting that you mention the Muncks because I have the vague memory that Rebecca's comments on the Maxwell blog decreased radically after Elizabeth ran for the hills.  I think she is well over her crush on the Maxwell family and the hunky sons.

On 2/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, Closed Womb said:

I'm not seeing the intellectual disability in Miss Eleventy that others seem to notice.  She apparently graduated from home school a little late (according to this thread), but otherwise I've never noticed anything that gave me pause (I'm not an expert on delays, but I currently teach literature and writing at two different colleges, a state college and a community college.)

That said, I don't visit her blog all that often.  

I always thought her disadvantages in her world came from being poor, having to work with her family (for money, as a woman, gasp!) to contribute to the household, and being plain in appearance.  All things that I loathe to be judged, btw.

I agree with all this.  Rebecca is not academic but that doesn't mean she is delayed.  She certainly has many other skills and talents.  A bit socially stunted, perhaps, but I see no reason why she wouldn't be a lovely and loving mother even though she may not be able to home school well.  

On 3/1/2017 at 3:27 PM, nokidsmom said:

Interesting that you mention that.  I remember reading a thread where someone infiltrated went to a Maxwell conference.  Her interaction with Sarah make her think exactly that.  They are thrilled to see you only because you will buy their stuff. 

That wasn't me.  I noticed Steve and Teri laying on the charm but not the girls.  Sarah was barely in evidence at the conference I spent a whole 60 minutes suffering through.  Mary (or was it Anna?) did not seem to be a Great Conversationalist at all.

However, the boys were beaming and flashing their dimples delightfully.  It was easy to see why little Fundie maidens' hearts would go pitter-pat at the sight of Joseph and John.   

@johnhugh, that comment did not become you.   Some men actually appreciate women with a little meat on their bones.  Certainly not all are as focused on looks in their partners as Steve Maxwell, and apparently you.

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

What a nasty thing to say. I'm fat, and my husband adores me. We're very happy. Would he have been better off with a "lucky escape"?

I wish I had used the word "overweight" instead of "fat", but I can't change it now.  "Fat" has a mean connotation that I don't want to apply to Rebecca. (I mind less using it for myself, because I know how I mean it.)

Rebecca seems like a loving, kind, fun person, and I hope she has lots of pleasure and purpose ahead, and a partner if she wants one.

48 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

The last pic I saw of her looked like she lost some weight. I think she is naturally thick.

Rebecca is a curvy girl and she does seem to have lost weight.

Steve Maxwell would be LUCKY to get a daughter in law like Rebecca, she's soooo much more than the Maxweirdos will ever be. I have a feeling life is gonna give Rebecca wonderful things in her future, she dodged a bullet by never being a potential DIL to those life suckers.

I just wanted to add - IIRC, Rebecca's learning difficulties, if she has them, seem to be only in math.  I sympathize because I really sucked at math and algebra too.  I manage very nicely in college and graduate school, thank you very much, and function in everyday life.  I'm very glad Rebecca managed to get her GED even if it was later than most and now she is training to be a CNA.  Good for her.

The Toy Story collection and love affair with the Waltons are just slightly strange hobbies.  Seriously, if she were writing Harry Potter fanfic and collecting Hogwarts T-shirts probably none of us would blink an eye.  

Archived