IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

25 minutes ago, smw77 said:

Long time lurker here. Finally made an account and have a question. Why do they feel the need to "educate" people in SA about Christ ? I'm not Christian so maybe I'm just ignorant to this but.. why do they care if those people are followers of Christ or whatever ? Does it effect them at all? Wouldn't it be better to take that money and put it into the school systems or starting a food bank or something? I just don't get it.

They believe that they're doing the most important thing on earth, because if you don't believe in Jesus and ask him to forgive your sins, you are going to burn for eternity in hell. They also believe that they are commanded by God / the Bible to evangelize and convert nonbelievers. So in their belief system, funding schools or providing food is pointless if people just wind up in hell. Their goal is to save people from hell and obey the Bible in so doing.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I am willing to bet that if Baby Dillard #2 is born without Zika-related complications then Derick and Jill will use that as proof that their God loves them, their brand of Christianity is the best, they are on the right path, blah blah blah. It will only entrench them further in their smugness. They will never realize it was sheer dumb luck and privilege that allowed for a healthy outcome.

If the baby does end up with health problems caused by Zika (and I really hope it doesn't) then I expect Derick and Jill will spin it by shifting the blame off themselves for these preventable complications, and instead say it was God's will. Meanwhile, that poor child will be suffering - all so Derick can play at being a missionary.

I just thought Jill and Derick were idiots to go back to CA, until I went to google images and searched for babies born with Zika...I am shocked that they would knowingly risk anything like that happening to their child.

18 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I just thought Jill and Derick were idiots to go back to CA, until I went to google images and searched for babies born with Zika...I am shocked that they would knowingly risk anything like that happening to their child.

I'm shocked too (but, sadly, not surprised). They're insane!

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Jill and Derrick have a severe case of "look at me".   Jessa is close to birth, Jill and Derrick do that pathetic gender reveal.   Jessa safely delivers a beautiful boy AND gets the cover of People, they have to get in the limelight again with a fake mission trip.   

Another explanation is that the baby has zika and they are going to ride that tragedy to a Jill and Derrick  TV special  all on their own.   Their ultrasound may have shown a problem.......lots more drama delivering in scary America.

yeah, look at me indeed >.< imo this whole thing could be more than the Dullards bargained for, because it's already clear to anyone who is paying attention that Jill is not emotionally equipped to be a martyr to this.

I think Jessa would be strong enough to handle it, if she chose to, or was forced to by circumstances; but, she'd be smart enough not to go back to CA pregnant in the first damn place.

4 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I'm shocked too (but, sadly, not surprised). They're insane!

no kidding...I'm seriously wondering about Derick's sanity now, and Jill's as well, if she isn't just going along with him because she has to

Being Irish, all I knew about Sarah Palin before this morning was that she was John McCain's running partner way back when. I also had a faint inkling that there'd been some scandal with her daughter getting pregnant while trumpeting abstinence from the rooftops.

I am now a designated World Expert on birther conspiracy theories surrounding the Palin family. I consider my Sunday morning well spent - who cares if I'm not dressed, the breakfast dishes are still piled on the kitchen counter and the beds aren't made?

I love you Free Jinger. 

:my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

Being Irish, all I knew about Sarah Palin before this morning was that she was John McCain's running partner way back when. I also had a faint inkling that there'd been some scandal with her daughter getting pregnant while trumpeting abstinence from the rooftops.

I am now a designated World Expert on birther conspiracy theories surrounding the Palin family. I consider my Sunday morning well spent - who cares if I'm not dressed, the breakfast dishes are still piled on the kitchen counter and the beds aren't made?

I love you Free Jinger. 

:my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

Twice. Bristol has gotten pregnant out of wedlock Twice while parroting how much of a slut everyone is for having sex before marriage. And i'm sure the third was a shotgun.

I've lost the last bit of respect I had for Derick!

How can that guy be so selfish? I feel so bad for JillyMuffin- she doesn't deserve this! After the traumatic birth with Izzy, she must be really scared about the second birth and what does her leader make her do? Go on a 4 months trip to CA with a known virus spreading. He should be ashamed of himself!

Alot of folks don't buy the whole Zika thing. They believe it is caused by something else entirely and that the government is blaming it on mosquitoes. Maybe tainted water or food in a specific region. It's quite a conspiracy especially among the countries that are affected by it. Maybe Jill & Derrick believe the conspiracy. Maybe this was the plan all along, to keep their return under wraps unti the very last minute. I still don't get it though. Especially the $$ part. Or the timing. That's what's throwing me all the way off.  

5 hours ago, goldengrove said:

Disabled baby = higher ratings, more donations, and more attention.

When I read they were returning to CA, my first thought was, what are they running away from? Jill already talked about the violence, how she hid in her room when a shower rod fell. The, when they posted about needing the $24,000 I about choked on my lunch. Something is definitely off....

This is going to end badly ... 

I seriously can't understand how this girl (because she is acting like a girl, not a grown-ass woman) has supposedly been trained her whole life to be a wife and mother YET she is irresponsible, putting her life and the life of her unborn son at risk (and even more importantly putting her fully-born kid at risk of growing up without a mother) for Jesus and $ ..

Jill is what, 4 months PG? The most critical time in terms of Zika exposure is during the first trimester. After that developmental time period, I'm not sure how caustic Zika is to a fetus. I still think it's a stupid time for them to gallivant off to CA, and lean towards them running away from something ( did a dish fall on the floor in NWA???). Jill is going to be useless in CA, but then again Jill is useless just about anywhere, IDK. I feel the most sorry for Izzy. This is an important time period for language development. Living between 2 countries will set him behind as it is. He needs to stay in one place for awhile. If he cannot communicate he's going to be one frustrated little boy...just what Jill doesn't need.

13 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

If the baby is born in CA, does it have dual citizenship? Could that be an advantage for J&D?

Oh, and all the speculation about needing $24K for a c-sec.... wouldn't jilly muffin still be on Boob's insurance or is she over 26 now?

She can't be on Boobs insurance 1 because boob has no insurance and two she married isn't a student and doesn't live at home.  dual citizenship depends on the country of birth. the U.S. is one of the few countries that gives birth right citizenship. 

31 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She can't be on Boobs insurance 1 because boob has no insurance and two she married isn't a student and doesn't live at home.  dual citizenship depends on the country of birth. the U.S. is one of the few countries that gives birth right citizenship. 

Jim Bob does have insurance, both medical and dental. They have brought this up in both books. It's essentially catastrophic insurance, but they do have it.

47 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Jill is what, 4 months PG? The most critical time in terms of Zika exposure is during the first trimester. After that developmental time period, I'm not sure how caustic Zika is to a fetus. I still think it's a stupid time for them to gallivant off to CA, and lean towards them running away from something ( did a dish fall on the floor in NWA???). 

Mr. Four just got home from a medical conference yesterday, and he said that the jury is still out on just  how long Zika affects not only the fetus, but the developing brain. He said there's just not enough information. IMO, it's possible that not only Dullard #2 is in danger, but Izzy as well.

I don't want to be Chicken Little here, but if I was of childbearing years OR pregnant, OR had a toddler, I'd stay the hell away from where Zika is.

4 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Mr. Four just got home from a medical conference yesterday, and he said that the jury is still out on just  how long Zika affects not only the fetus, but the developing brain. He said there's just not enough information. IMO, it's possible that not only Dullard #2 is in danger, but Izzy as well.

I don't want to be Chicken Little here, but if I was of childbearing years OR pregnant, OR had a toddler, I'd stay the hell away from where Zika is.

I don't think you're being Chicken Little at all. The CDC has already come out and said that babies who were exposed to Zika in utero who appear normal at birth can develop microcephaly and other neurological problems (including learning and cognitive deficits) later. I also ran across a New York Times article (read it here)  suggesting that a Zika infection could act as a triggering event for babies with genetic predispositions towards autism, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. And while I don't think the Dillards would be very good caretakers of an intellectually disabled child (and, tbh, it's not like that family meaningfully educates their kids anyway), I shudder to think of what they would put a kid with autism or a serious mental illness through trying to "cure" them. 

It's worth noting that 'catastrophic' insurance went away with Obamacare / ACA (they are the same, but I assume everyone here knows that, unlike 35% of Americans ;-)). I very much doubt they have purchased insurance through the ACA because it is fairly expensive. There are no $50-100/year options anymore. It likely much cheaper to pay the tax fine.

48 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

You're not being Chicken Little at all, I don't think that any medical expert has claimed to know very much about Zika. The Dillards are being full blown idiots to go back to CA. Of course, Jesus....

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

You're not being Chicken Little at all, I don't think that any medical expert has claimed to know very much about Zika. The Dillards are being full blown idiots to go back to CA. Of course, Jesus....

I totally agree and can hardly know what else to say. It is sad and incomprehensible to me.

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Jill and Derick piss me off so much, it's insane. Get a proper job you f*cking losers. 

I'm sure he thinks he's working.  He's trying to spread the Word.  He's making decisions for his family.  He's avoiding debt - it's sinful and he also promised Jim Bob that he would.  Grifting is OK biblical, and the Duggars are glad to help.  He's asking and expects to receive (said Jesus).  Meanwhile, Muffin needs to be kept passably calm so it's probably "babe" all day, closed and checked windows and doors, and enough sprayed insecticide to down anything buzzing within half a mile.  Amidst all of that, he feels burdened to study his bible, come up with pithy wisdom, and tweet it.  All for the cause of salvation.

I don't understand how the Dillards are blowing through money so fast. And I don't just mean I'm being judgmental, which I am - I mean I legitimately can't comprehend what they could possibly be spending it all on.

We're talking about a family of three who live rent-free when they're in the United States and have a developing world cost of living (even with their comparatively luxurious accommodations) when they're in El Salvador. Their expenses can't be that high.

But somehow they've burned through the reality show money from TLC, the donations they've already solicited, whatever money they got from SOS, and the money Derick made substitute teaching... and now need $24,000 more.

What exactly are they spending all that money on? They seem like a financial black hole, and I don't see any obvious channel where it would all be going.

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Twice. Bristol has gotten pregnant out of wedlock Twice while parroting how much of a slut everyone is for having sex before marriage. And i'm sure the third was a shotgun.

Wait wait wait wait wait, you mean abstinence-only sex education DOESN"T prevent teenagers from having sex?! And by not teaching them about birth control, they're more likely to get pregnant?! WHAT?! I'M SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE TEENAGERS ARE HAVING SEX IN MY GOOD CHRISTIAN COUNTRY.

/sarcasm

15 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Why is it that these girls think home births are the only way to go? I have absolutely nothing against home births. I have friends who have had them and received pre-natal care during their pregnancy. But with the duggars, especially Jill it is homebirth come hell or high water and without proper prenatal care. Her own mother had hospital births with no problem. My friends who had them were all into the 'crunchy mom' trend, some still are,  but that is so different from the fundies. I guess I am just wondering why this newer generation of fundies are acting as if they are living in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book where there are no options?

Thinking back to the duggars and bates poofy prairie dress styles of yore, do fundies have some romantic picture of that way of life? Or is this just more of them being anti science, medicine, and technology? Interesting they all drive cars, use heat/ac, and iphones. lol

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If BG advocates for home birthing, how come JB and M weren't doing the home birth thing 100% of the time?

People have mentioned BG's advocacy of home birthing but remember that finances also play a role. M had issues with unpaid medical bills (from Jessa's delivery) and ended up having the next two babies (Jinger and Joseph) at home. Part of that decision was almost certainly due to the cheaper price. They've never admitted it but I suspect the reason they returned to hospital deliveries was due to Josiah's "minor birth defect"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived