IGNORED

Alice (Preg Obsessed Brit Mum) 'Closing' Blog

Howl

Alice updated again.  It looks like she's well and truly pregnant.  She's already on team girl.

• Upvote 3

Alice's pregnancy has finally got me out of lurkdom and signed up. I LOVE reading Alice's bonkers ramblings. I find her fascinating. I've read a lot of her other blog too and a bit of the sheepdip one (which looks like it has sadly disappeared).

I hope the pregnancy goes well. I note that she is counting her blessings as nine - if she really thought 'Toby' had existed, wouldn't the new embryo bump the blessing count up to a round 10?

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

Alice updated again.  It looks like she's well and truly pregnant.  She's already on team girl.

Erma Gerd!  Does this mean she won't close her blog and we'll be ringside for the duration of gestation?  I too hope she has a comfortable and healthy pregnancy.  Popping out healthy babies does definitely seem to be her super power -- I mean secondary to her primary super power which is to maintain blogging pregnancy minutiae while being the mother to 9 kids and tandem nursing.  Go, Alice! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

Alice thinks she may be miscarrying based on clues from her pregnancy tests.  She obsessed over everything, so it's hard to say if she's making something out of nothing or if there's cause for concern.  Nonetheless, I can't help but feel badly for her anxiety and helplessness in the situation.  

• Upvote 4

@Gobsmacked if the line doesn't darken or gets lighter then it may be a sign that something is wrong. I imagine Alice uses quite a few pregnancy tests after her initial positive since she starts testing early.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

How do pregnancy tests give clues of impending (hopefully not) miscarriage?

According to her blog, the positive line isn't as bold on subsequent tests.  Also, the "weeks pregnant" (or since conception, I guess) on the digital is not as far along as she really is.  She believes this is due to dropping HCG levels.  

• Upvote 1

Sorry - I didn't realize there was a new thread, so I posted on the old one!  I was so excited to be the first to notice too, despite thinking it was unusual for me to notice anything first around here...

• Upvote 2

So, it looks like Alice is no longer pregnant. Her latest test was negative. She writes very graphically about how she expects the miscarriage to go physically. I imagine we have an even more graphic post about the actual process of the miscarriage, when it happens, yet to come.

She is absolutely certain that the baby she lost would have been a girl, and very clearly would have preferred a girl to a boy - she "would still be happy to have a boy" but "would have LOVED another daughter".

I feel bad for her, I wouldn't have wished it on her, but maybe one less baby in the house will be good for all the siblings in the long run.  Of course, that's not to say she won't carry another pregnancy to term.  I'm staying tuned in to the Alice Show.

• Upvote 4

Poor Alice, she's the type to take that kind of thing really hard.

TBH most people wouldn't even have noticed apart from a slightly late period (or is it just me?) but she makes so much of every little bodily sign.

I almost wish her another pregnancy (otherwise she'll mourn this one to the end of time) but then again it's probably not in the best interest of her brood (lack of space, time, money, education, attention etc etc etc).

• Upvote 3

"i haven't lost anything yet physically" because you were 5 weeks pregnant Alice. it'll just be bleeding. 

This is one of the big problems of temping, charting and early testing - you know about these early ones gone wrong, which usually would just go under the radar. it does make it harder. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Seems like a repeat of March is happening again.  She's pregnant.  Line strong on the 16th day and then it started to fade.  Stay tuned....

Alice had a second miscarriage.  She is disappointed that she didn't feel worse about it, because she was distracted by her very waxy ears, and one of her existing children having an infected fingernail. How frustrating for her.

This zygote (or the last one? I lose track) has been named Abigail, because Neil liked that name, and Neil didn't come home until late one night, so Alice was worried he might have died.  One of the things she worried about was how to honour him in the naming of the baby, because Alice is nothing if not proportionate in her reactions and priorities.

Neil has taken time off work to hold the fort during the miscarriages. He tried to work from home one day, but surprisingly, with an emotionally needy wife and 8 children in the house, he didn't manage to get much done.

I am, generally, pro-homeschooling, but it can't be a good environment at home for those kids, especially the older boys (she very obviously favours her girls).  When you look back at Alice's older blog, you can see how much she poured into raising her first 1-3 boys when they were little. If she had given up her fertility tracking/pregnancy hobby and diverted the obsessive energy into her existing children, she could have given those boys a really good education.

• Upvote 1

That was the last cluster of cells. She's too depressed to name this one. 

I do feel sorry for her, miscarriages aren't fun.

This said, menopause can't happen too soon for her, for the sake of her existing, living and breathing children, who I can't help but think are getting neglected in the midst of this careful monitoring of every twitch and itch.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alice has updated again! She's pregnant, again, as confirmed by her pee sticks which appear in the photos like they say 'not pregnant', but really honestly she CAN see a faint second line in real life honestly, and she's irritable, so she must be pregnant, because she's usually such an emotionally stable person.

In other news, Alice had her ears syringed. Now we get to hear what goes on in her inner ears as well as her uterus! I hope she starts charting ear wax production.

• Upvote 3

I can imagine how difficult this has been for her, mentally and physically, to experience so many miscarriages both in general and back-to-back like this.

That being said, her ear wax commentary is way more entertaining than I should find acceptable. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

I miss Alice and all the pregnancy crazy. 

Anyone have updates since 2017? I couldn't find anything current, so I guess she's still committed to having a private blog.  

She's now the parent of several teen boys and I think the last count was 8 kids.  Did she make it to 9? 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, Howl said:

I miss Alice and all the pregnancy crazy. 

Anyone have updates since 2017? I couldn't find anything current, so I guess she's still committed to having a private blog.  

She's now the parent of several teen boys and I think the last count was 8 kids.  Did she make it to 9? 

As far as I know she only had the 8. She posted about three extremely early miscarriages (4-5 weeks) after her last birth (I’m not even sure she was really pregnant or just persuading herself).

Her oldest, Arthur, will turn 18 in early November. The youngest, Rosalie, just turned 6 at the end of December . 

• Thank You 1