IGNORED

Alice (Preg Obsessed Brit Mum) 'Closing' Blog

Howl

In her first post since Sept 28, 2016, Alice, everyone's favorite pregnancy obsessed British mum, posted yesterday that she is password protecting her blog, so only people she knows well can continue to read it.  But first, she wants us to know that she is NOT pregnant and is now 40. 

The Sept 28th post is so SO Alice and this is the last time we get this level of detail!  For those not familiar with Alice, 9 DPO  is 9 Days Post Ovulation and here we go! 

Spoiler

9DPO again!  So apparently I never updated last cycle, sorry! 

Here I am again at 9 days past ovulation......As always, we have not prevented pregnancy, and are trusting God with the outcome. I'm honestly (HONESTLY, lol! I see you rolling your eyes in disbelief! ;) ) not really thinking about it. I have no idea what's changed with being in my 40s, but there has literally been more... parsnips (!!) since turning 40 than probably in the whole decade beforehand, haha! Bit TMI but hey ho. I am seriously not even thinking about getting pregnant.

So, there is a good chance this cycle, and I'm temping since just before ovulation so that I could confirm my ovulation when it occurred. My temps are so-so, highish, but down a little these last two mornings. I do not know if I'm pregnant or not. In some ways things make me wonder if I am, but then I can't be pregnant EVERY cycle there's a chance, can I?! :P

and so on.  Goodbye, Alice, and best wishes.  Nobody can blog body effluvia quite like you.  May you enjoy your 40s and continue to enjoy the kids! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Yeah, if she's not thinking about getting pregnant, why on earth is she taking her temperature every day?

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeah, if she's not thinking about getting pregnant, why on earth is she taking her temperature every day?

Trust me, it's an Alice thing.  

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes, she's obviously NOT thinking about pregnancy, what with temping and charting and knowing exactly how many days past ovulation, and you know, blogging about it. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Yes, she's obviously NOT thinking about pregnancy, what with temping and charting and knowing exactly how many days past ovulation, and you know, blogging about it. 

Old habits die hard... it's now purely intellectual! For science!

• Upvote 6

Ironically, it sounds as though she's having sex more often and getting pregnant less!  Maybe Neil took a day off work and secretly got his tube tied.  

• Upvote 6

Noooooooooo!!!!

I find Alice's writing hypnotic. The infinite distinctions between twinges, aches, pains, and cramps! Every behavior and its opposite being "very pregnant of me"! Scrutinizing her cervical temperatures like the I Ching! Parsnips!!!

At least we're going out on a very Alice note--claiming she does not care if she is pregnant, while also delaying a CT scan for a different attention-seeking invisible ailment because, you guessed it, she might be pregnant.

• Upvote 9

Oh, Alice. Enjoy those extra helpings of parsnips! Maybe you could REALLY go nuts and put the thermometer on a high shelf for a few weeks. Either way, best wishes to you and your highly entertaining obsession with your girly bits. 

Maybe you could update us the next time you feel "warm, but not WARM warm."

• Upvote 6

Ah, I'll miss her monthly cycle of pregnancies-that-are-actually-early-miscarriages (the woman never has periods).

Hope she gets an epiphany at some point and sends her kids to school - being trapped all day with a crazy mother and eleventy neglected siblings does not sound like fun at all.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Foudeb said:

Hope she gets an epiphany at some point and sends her kids to school - being trapped all day with a crazy mother and eleventy neglected siblings does not sound like fun at all.

Plus her oldest is on the verge of becoming a tween, which is just around the corner from teen.  As the years go on, she'll be trying to home school four teen aged boys.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Plus her oldest is on the verge of becoming a tween, which is just around the corner from teen.  As the years go on, she'll be trying to home school four teen aged boys.  

Somehow though I think menopause will coincide with the onset of some mysterious and debilitating ailment of some sort, which doctors (in their incompetence and ignorance of every twitch and bit of mucus she can feel) won't be able to diagnose. Maybe that will be incompatible with homeschooling her brood.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Somehow though I think menopause will coincide with the onset of some mysterious and debilitating ailment of some sort, which doctors (in their incompetence and ignorance of every twitch and bit of mucus she can feel) won't be able to diagnose. Maybe that will be incompatible with homeschooling her brood.

Most definitely.  In the old thread I mentioned that this is a woman who will always need something to obsess about.  Once she decides that she truly can't get pregnant any more she will develop some amorphous vague symptoms.  She will most certainly blog about them.  Twinges, fatigue, aches and pains, headaches, a funny taste in her mouth or change in her sense of smell.  The sort of things are keep her from doing things and allow her to complain a lot but not be quantifiable.  She will cycle through various doctors except the one she really needs, a psychiatrist.  She will be queen of the martyrdom complaint, "Oh, don't worry about me, you know that when I eat X (which happens to be dinner) I get gassy,headaches, rashes, leg pains, etc.  I'll just have some water and sit while you eat." 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

On 2/17/2017 at 5:07 AM, Howl said:

Four badly neglected, attention seeking teenage boys. She's in for a real shock when that happens.

• Upvote 4

Aw man! I kept checking in on her blog sporadically to see whether she was back. I don't think she will keep it private for too long either - she likes the attention and wide audience. I wonder whether her boys have braces yet... 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

Aw man! I kept checking in on her blog sporadically to see whether she was back. I don't think she will keep it private for too long either - she likes the attention and wide audience. I wonder whether her boys have braces yet... 

Well, she did mention that she was making the blog available to only her most trusted readers because 

I would love you all to carry on reading, but I want to be sure who is reading, especially as I plan to write through the end of my fertile years and into menopause, and I am pretty sure I will hit some insecurities and emotionally difficult times, and I want to feel safe here to write about it.

Fair enough! I think the blog must be her therapeutic lifeline and gives us a window into her world.  Yes, Alice, menopause will be an entirely new world of odd symptoms, ranging from vague to bizarre.  But for now, here's to continued temping and again, best wishes to Alice.

For those who need the backstory, 

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2017 at 5:35 AM, Howl said:

Fair enough! I think the blog must be her therapeutic lifeline and gives us a window into her world.

Yeah, points to her for more honesty than most "making my blog private" posts I've seen. Though as others have said, continuing to track possible pregnancy systems doesn't seem like not caring about more pregnancies. Maybe it's just a hobby at this point? to each his/her own!

• Upvote 1

Guys, check her blog. There is a nice little surprise on there. 

Spoiler

She might be pregnant and spotting a little bit of brown. 

• Upvote 8

Oh boy. That'll be 9 kids in 13 years.

I think she'll make it to a round 10. She is mega fertile and in her very early 40s still.

I find it quite interesting that she gone back on closing the blog. I thought she was just tired of us snarking on her, which would be understandable. But apparently it's more like, documenting every bodily fluid = ok to share with the world but discussing menopause and no longer popping out baby after baby = needs to be private. Very odd.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Gobbles said:

Guys, check her blog. There is a nice little surprise on there. 

Hide contents

She might be pregnant and spotting a little bit of brown. 

Is there an emoji for snork laughing while face palming?  If so, let me know because that's what I did when I read this. 

And @Gobbles?  Best "Contents" entry in the Reveal Hidden Contents category!  You win a free pregnancy test kit! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Howl said:

And @Gobbles?  Best "Contents" entry in the Reveal Hidden Contents category!  You win a free pregnancy test kit! 

Haha, thanks, I pass it on to Alice! 

• Upvote 6

I think she just feels like talking about having lots of babies is her "calling", whereas talking about menopause would mean having to face it isn't happening anymore..

• Upvote 4

Alice being pregnant and keeping her blog active bought me *thisclose* to believing in God again. 

• Upvote 9

I finally just went and read the two entries.  I didn't realize that she was totally upfront about closing her blog since she figured menopause was on it's way.  Wow.  I appreciate her honesty.  I do wonder what made her test.  She usually discusses every twinge and craving.  The fact that it was was 11 DPO and not her usual 9 makes me wonder if she had given up her systematic testing at some point between Sept and now.  It definitely looks positive.  Good luck to her.  

I forget, I assume she has had a documented by a professional miscarriage but I don't remember when, anyone?  I know she has had multiple times where she really thought she saw a line and then it disappeared and she got her period on time/early.

• Upvote 1