IGNORED

Seewalds 18 - Spurgy and Henry

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the name of the thread and said aloud, "Henry?  REALLY?"  I actually thought it was also short for something horrible, lol.

I predict Spurgeon will start going by Elliot, either when he's old enough or even earlier, when Bin grows up and realizes what he's done to his kid.  At least they each have one normal name.  

I like the name Henry and considering their desire to honour Christians from the past. They could have done far worse than naming him after an abolitionist. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. 

I like the whole name. 

19 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Elliott and Henry would have been such a nice sibset! Poor Spurgey.

Yesssssss, why couldn't they do that? Like this name for a new baby is perfect, normal name as first name, freaky preacher second name, like if they changed it up with Spurge it'd be so perfect...  Glad they didn't screw up this one's name

Henry is a really nice name - I've I had a third son, Henry would like be what we'd call him. 

I'm glad they went with something normal, but poor Spurgeon. He's going to be so pissed he got such a weird ass name when he grows up while his brother got something so normla nd nice. 

It's funny that after Spurgeon Elliot they reversed the trend and went with Henry Wilberforce.  I think it suggests that Jessa DID want to go with something different, but was overruled during her complications.

I think they'll keep this trend, start calling Spud Elliot, and quietly change his name officially down the line, reversing the order. 

I think the first name of Spurgeon was an overzealous, youthful mistake that they now think differently on...but aren't ready to admit to yet.

Henry Willberforce?  Well i like the first name, i don't know anything about Willberforce bit it sounds better than Spurgeon...hope SES will go for Elliot in a couple of years 

I also think that this the time jessa won and can decide the name. Know i'm curios about #3 will be Ben ehi pick up the name or they Will continue with normal first name and left the strange godly name for MN? 

8 minutes ago, Hembie said:

I like the name Henry and considering their desire to honour Christians from the past. They could have done far worse than naming him after an abolitionist. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. 

I like the whole name. 

Confession time: I love the name. A good, sturdy first name and a virtuous abolitionist for a middle. It's alarming how close my taste is to Bin and Jessa's. I dunno how to feel about this. :pb_redface:

OK, I would never have thought Wilberforce, because I live in the vicinity of Wilberforce University (private, coed, liberal arts historically black university...affiliated with African methodist Episcopal church, first college owned and operated by African Americans). It was named after William Wilberforce. 

So now we know their theme for sure. Maybe they will let their kids attend it? Or maybe #2 will get a scholarship? 

I agree with whomever said  Elliot and Henry go together well. 

Well I think the lesson we all (including Jessa) have learned is don't let Bin near the babies. 

Seriously? Spurgeon and.... Henry. I'm glad they will be homeschooled because Hank and his mates would be targeting Spurge in middle school. 

Poor #3- Tozer Brady. Calling it now.

If I were them* I would swallow my pride now and start calling him Elliot. It might be a little embarrassing to admit you regret the name, but in the long run, in my opinion, it would be much better for the kid. He's still young enough that I doubt starting to call him by a different name would have much effect on him at all.

*I originally was going to say 'they should...' but of course they can do whatever they want. It's not illegal to give your kid a weird name, and if they still genuinely love it, hey, I support their free choice in this matter, even if I personally think it's a mistake.

Oooh, I guessed Wilberforce! What do I win?

In all seriousness, I think Spurgeon will seriously resent his name one day, unless they end up naming at least 5 of their kids ridiculous names. But if he's the only one? Poor child. I honestly think Henry Wilberforce is a solid name. Middle names can be weird, but Henry is a good name- means "Ruler of the Home" according to the googles. Perhaps he'll be a strong headship... or he'll be a fussy, irritable little kid who'll drive his parents mad. They got lucky with Spurgeon. Time will tell. 

And @VelociRapture, I'm a Degreed History Professional (TM) and the Tudors, while not my area of expertise, drives me up the wall! The costumes are so inaccurate, the etiquette is all wrong, and that doesn't even begin to cover the actual events represented... I can't watch it. I just end up yelling at the screen a lot. I'm sure it's a good show for entertainment value, but I'm pedantic and nit-picky as a person, so I can't deal with it.

Sidebar: if anyone else is obsessed with historical costumes and period dramas, check out Frock Flicks. They're a blog that snark on historical inaccuracies. It's hilarious.

LOL. I can't believe they did that to Spurge, I love the name though! I feel ya Spurge, my sister got a lovely feminine name while I got stuck with an ugly old lady name.

I hope all of their kids get pretty names like Henry and Spurge rebels to them lol.

34 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I have no idea how the name Henry is supposed to glorify the Lord! How could Jessa's headship allow her to give her child a "cute" name?

So....Jessa appears to have won the name battle this time. Will she be wearing jeans soon? :pb_lol:

She already wears jeans... cut up and sewn down the middle because heaven forfend she should ever wear something with a split crotch for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Poor Spurge. 

He isn't going to school and thus won't be bullied for his name. And all the other fundie children will be forced to treat him like royalty because he's a Duggar, so he's safe in the bubble.

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

As long as they don't start calling him Hank.

Henrys are sometimes known as Harry. Perfect example is Prince Harry.

LOLOL thanks for the memory jog. I had an Uncle Hank. One day me and my siblings were calling all our uncles and aunts with "y" at the end, like "Uncle Jakey" or "Uncle Petey", and so on. Then we got to "Uncle Hankie" and laughed hysterically. Thankfully that was one moment where we were allowed to get the sillies out of our systems without being threatened spankings and stuff.

Oh yeah, why are no fundies naming their sons Peter? Or are there some I don't follow? We'll see; maybe Derick and Jill will name son #2 that; after Pistol Pete.

Elliott and Henry – works. And are nice names I think.

Spurgeon and Wilberforce – works. Not so nice though. But that's just my opinion.

It seems obvious they chose one name each and then got one first name each. 

I don't necessarily think siblings have to have names that match. But it always sound a bit weird to me when siblings have really different names. And Spurgeon and Henry really falls in that category. Sounds like they have different dads. :)

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I cant get this out of my head now... 

Nooo, the Simpson's take is way better. "I'm Henry the 8th, I am, I am; I've been eating since 6 am! For dessert, I'll have dinner again!" 

I personally would find it hysterical if they considered man whore Henry Tudor a hero of the Christian faith. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived